I'm gonna venture a guess with a buff that small Crackling Lance is more or less the same.
    "It's 2013 and I still view the internet on a 560x192 resolution monitor!"

Quote Originally Posted by NoiseTank13 View Post
    I'm gonna venture a guess with a buff that small Crackling Lance is more or less the same.
    I'm wondering about Inquisitor and the buffs it received though. Pairing that with smite to trigger some of the buffs + the smite lighting damage bonus seems like it might be alright.

Instruments of Virtue is a pretty solid damage buff to Smite, Instruments of Zeal will give huge cast speed increases and AoE to Crack Lance, and then Sanctuary/Pious Path for a bunch of defense while casting and some bonus crit chance that you can carry with you a bit.

I don't know honestly. Frost Bomb got a bigger buff and it seemed like it would benefit way more with Inquis than Crackling Lance, since you'll lose AOE with each cast of CL.

Consecrated Path, drop bombs, move on.

Plus any skill that requires you to stand still will always be a death trap, and you'll be standing still a lot. Although, maybe CL can work too with the 75% ICS it brings. Just gotta PoB it I guess.

10+ Year Old Account
    Considering Ritual is a small arena like area, and the Maven combat will be in a small area, probably going to go a build focused on surviving and boss killing. I play ssf largely so no need to be a stupid fast mapper. The skill changes were meh overall. The ascendancy changes offered some cool stuff but nothing that screams out to me now. I kind of like the deadeye changes but feel Pathfinder will be the go to Ranger ascendancy.
    We live in an era of "me versus them", an era where something is done that you don't like means you are personally attacked. People whine too much.
    Let us play video games and be happy.

I don't know honestly. Frost Bomb got a bigger buff and it seemed like it would benefit way more with Inquis than Crackling Lance, since you'll lose AOE with each cast of CL.

Consecrated Path, drop bombs, move on.

Plus any skill that requires you to stand still will always be a death trap, and you'll be standing still a lot. Although, maybe CL can work too with the 75% ICS it brings. Just gotta PoB it I guess.
    You get to carry the Consecrated Ground buff for 4 seconds, so you can stay pretty mobile and weave casts/Smites while moving. I more wanted to try a channeling/proper spell build than something like Frost Bomb, which doesn't much appeal to me.

The Unstoppable Force Lorgar Aurelian's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Shield throw buffs make me a happy camper, the raw damage will hopefully off set the champion losing an impale if I try it again.

Quote Originally Posted by Baconeggcheese View Post
    I don't really understand the yes / no part of your post since you basically just agreed with what I said in that they abandoned it.

Also ugh, cause legion was such a horrible expansion for me. Would've much preferred they kept them on D3 and WoW went in a different direction.
    I got from your post that the "fault" was on the dev team, while it was actually due to management and money basically. There was a lot of potential in D3 that got wasted this way. Also, since the whole game was "get X set, nuke stuff", you don't have much room for improvement until they added completely new systems.+

But we'll never know.
    EDIT: Legion was a hit and miss for me aswell. Looked more like they added everything onto it to make it look more filled up of content than it really was. Also added M+ which per se isn't a bad kind of content but in WoW imho it's totally out of place. But apparently most players disagree with us.
    Last edited by Coldkil; 2021-01-13 at 08:27 AM.
    Non ti fidar di me se il cuor ti manca.

Quote Originally Posted by Coldkil View Post
    I got from your post that the "fault" was on the dev team, while it was actually due to management and money basically. There was a lot of potential in D3 that got wasted this way. Also, since the whole game was "get X set, nuke stuff", you don't have much room for improvement until they added completely new systems.+

But we'll never know.
    Yeah I didn't differentiate like that between devs and management, just that blizzard as a whole abandoned the game and stopped releasing content when they clearly had planned to. We never even finished the story of that game.

Legion was a hit and miss for me aswell. Looked more like they added everything onto it to make it look more filled up of content than it really was. Also added M+ which per se isn't a bad kind of content but in WoW imho it's totally out of place. But apparently most players disagree with us.
    Most players memory only extends as far back as the last part of the xpac where catch up was in full swing and all of legions systems were trivialized. They never seem to remember how horrendous it was at launch and how it stayed that way throughout most of the xpac.

Nor do they seem to acknowledge that legion is responsible for the class overhaul that gutted most specs in the game and left us with these "borrowed power" systems to fill in the holes.
    ..and so he left, with terrible power in shaking hands.

That sums it up when it comes to diablo vs poe:

Don't post flamebait/troll videos like this. Infracted. -Edge
    Last edited by Edge-; 2021-01-13 at 04:58 PM.
    Ship has been abandoned.
    ---

NextUI for XIV

Looking at the Elementalist, now I'm debating whether or not to just do an Ignite Fireball Witch, lmao.

Elementalist had me excited aswell. Then I remember how much I hate playing squishy classes. So probably going to do something like solid like Earthshatter Champion
    It ignores such insignificant forces as time, entropy, and death

The new Primal Aegis has blocking 1900 elemental damage in my PoB, can probably get more. That and Glancing Blows can make for a fairly tanky Wizitch.

Man, OMGItsJousis videos are always so amusing. And like...this kinda looks like it fuckin works well. Facetanking Shaper beam was pretty lulzy.

These things is why PoE is such an awesome game.

Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post

Man, OMGItsJousis videos are always so amusing. And like...this kinda looks like it fuckin works well. Facetanking Shaper beam was pretty lulzy.
    Holy crap!!!!

Hahah! I'm always impressed with what some of these guys can manipulate the math to do in POE. I always feel like a dumb little kid playing with a stick compared to these guys, when I zoom around maps with a cyclone build.

Looking at the Elementalist, now I'm debating whether or not to just do an Ignite Fireball Witch, lmao.
    I REALLY want to use burning arrow. The breach bow is awesome for it, but all Ranger ascendancies pretty much suck for elemenatl/ailment based builds, so i was tempted to run elementalist aswell.

How big of a DEX investment am i facing here? Is it something worth doing or i'm just going for something terribly inefficient? I have seen burning arrow builds using the chieftain and basically just stacking dex all around and fire damage basically.

I REALLY want to use burning arrow. The breach bow is awesome for it, but all Ranger ascendancies pretty much suck for elemenatl/ailment based builds, so i was tempted to run elementalist aswell.

How big of a DEX investment am i facing here? Is it something worth doing or i'm just going for something terribly inefficient? I have seen burning arrow builds using the chieftain and basically just stacking dex all around and fire damage basically.
    Isn't the Deadeye ascendancy getting an overhaul for this new release tho?

Quote Originally Posted by SirCowdog View Post
    Isn't the Deadeye ascendancy getting an overhaul for this new release tho?
    Yes, but it's just stuff like more arrows for bow skills, mirage archers, and gale wind defensive. Nothing tied to elemental damage. However since Ranger has all the bow damage nodes near the starting point, maybe the damage scales well. I need to read about ignite and ailments in general - i know that +phys is good since BA is a total conversion, but i need to know if things like projectile dmg works.

Elementalist though has a very nice elemental reflection immunity that makes me want it, plus the huge nodes about elemental dmg and 20% ignite dmg.

EDIT: they're also taking out the 40% ele dmg bonus from Quartz Infusion.

EDIT2: i may use the scion - i can take both Deadeye and Elementalist and it would work pretty much well.
    Last edited by Coldkil; 2021-01-14 at 02:16 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yes, but it's just stuff like more arrows for bow skills, mirage archers, and gale wind defensive. Nothing tied to elemental damage. However since Ranger has all the bow damage nodes near the starting point, maybe the damage scales well. I need to read about ignite and ailments in general - i know that +phys is good since BA is a total conversion, but i need to know if things like projectile dmg works.

Elementalist though has a very nice elemental reflection immunity that makes me want it, plus the huge nodes about elemental dmg and 20% ignite dmg.

EDIT: they're also taking out the 40% ele dmg bonus from Quartz Infusion.

EDIT2: i may use the scion - i can take both Deadeye and Elementalist and it would work pretty much well.
    Im basically between fireball ignite or burning arrow. Going to go elementalist most likely, just for the defensives and QOL. I think you can scale well either as a ranger ascendancy or elementalist. Im probably going Elementalist just because if push comes to shove i can easily respec into a "safe" build later without rerolling, be it a necro build or a golemist.
    We live in an era of "me versus them", an era where something is done that you don't like means you are personally attacked. People whine too much.
    Let us play video games and be happy.

Quote Originally Posted by bloodwulf View Post
    Im basically between fireball ignite or burning arrow. Going to go elementalist most likely, just for the defensives and QOL. I think you can scale well either as a ranger ascendancy or elementalist. Im probably going Elementalist just because if push comes to shove i can easily respec into a "safe" build later without rerolling, be it a necro build or a golemist.
    Yeah, that was the idea aswell. I've planned some generic +fire route for elementalist, hope it works. 185dex is not easy until i start using it on gear which i don't find myself really comfortable with.