Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    The reward system I'm find with tbh.

The difficulty I'm not.

Torghast is boring because it's so simplistic. Enemies barely do anything, they're all target dummies with at best one interrupt check or a move-out telegraphed ability. Bosses in particular are downright stupid. It makes fights incredibly linear and boring. The most difficult enemies are basically stat checks that just spam one damage ability to see if you can kill it before it kills you. Everything else is cannon fodder. That's not how you make compelling content.

Quote Originally Posted by enigma77 View Post
    An ugly ass mount
    TBF..the ugly assed mount works in the one place in the game where you can't mount and is account wide...that isn't a bad deal

Legendary!
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ticj View Post
    As someone who didn't get their BiS legendary for MONTHS...this system is so much better
    Months? Wouldn't that be nice.. I got mine after we killed KJ, two other druids in the guild had it before we were half way into EN.

Quote Originally Posted by Klingers View Post
    A common argument I see is "Torghast is boring!", or "Torghast should drop more rewards!", even though those players are very conveniently forgetting recent history.

Blizzard have had a habit in recent expansions of taking their big thing, and whether players like it or not turning it into what they call a "build-around" feature. Don't like Islands? Don't like Garrisons? Don't like AP grinds? Don't like missions tables? Tough shit. You're doing them if you want to progress your character.

In Shadowlands, Blizzard have wisely backed-off on this philosophy. They've mandated that the currency for legendaries drops from Torghast, but beyond that they've been very fair about keeping it as an optional thing. Don't like it? Don't do it. Nobody is forcing you to do twisting corridors. You're not going to fall behind if you stop doing Torg every week once you have a fully-upgraded leggo. The choice is yours.

I'm saying this and to be honest, Torghast isn't really my cup of tea. I'm not big on roguelikes. I'm not a huge Diablo fan. But, I can see how for a certain crowd of people Torghast is right up their alley. It has a lot of replayability. My or your "Boring" might be someone else's very entertaining Sunday afternoon.

About bloody time they try something new and de-couple it from constant rewards. Don't like Torghast? Don't play Torghast. Love Torgast? Enjoy Torghast. It's not going anywhere.
    The primary issue with torghast is that layer unlocks aren't account wide which makes it painful to do on a new alt. Otherwise it's not the worst of the weekly chores they have made us do and at least it has an endpoint unlike islands.

A common argument I see is "Torghast is boring!", or "Torghast should drop more rewards!", even though those players are very conveniently forgetting recent history.

Blizzard have had a habit in recent expansions of taking their big thing, and whether players like it or not turning it into what they call a "build-around" feature. Don't like Islands? Don't like Garrisons? Don't like AP grinds? Don't like missions tables? Tough shit. You're doing them if you want to progress your character.

In Shadowlands, Blizzard have wisely backed-off on this philosophy. They've mandated that the currency for legendaries drops from Torghast, but beyond that they've been very fair about keeping it as an optional thing. Don't like it? Don't do it. Nobody is forcing you to do twisting corridors. You're not going to fall behind if you stop doing Torg every week once you have a fully-upgraded leggo. The choice is yours.

I'm saying this and to be honest, Torghast isn't really my cup of tea. I'm not big on roguelikes. I'm not a huge Diablo fan. But, I can see how for a certain crowd of people Torghast is right up their alley. It has a lot of replayability. My or your "Boring" might be someone else's very entertaining Sunday afternoon.

About bloody time they try something new and de-couple it from constant rewards. Don't like Torghast? Don't play Torghast. Love Torgast? Enjoy Torghast. It's not going anywhere.
    Honestly, just getting the rank 1 legendary is more than enough in most cases. Not worth the grind to get higher ranks if you dislike it.

Regarding other rewards, it would have been nice if they add them so that Torghast can become an endgame activity by itself.

Add different mobs, mechanics, sub-goals, maps, mini quests, events, etc. Then add gear progression that matches current PvE and PvP content. What do you get? New endgame content for people that like solo challenges. "It's an MMO so there's no space for solo content!" let people decide what they want to do.

I advocated, in an old thread that pre-dated the announcement of Torghast, the idea of dungeon content that was designed around difficulty and not speed. More "exploration". Torghast partially did so, and it can be improved to do better.

Why should Blizz design half-assed features that 1) most people dislike after a few months and 2) that will not be carried over to the next expansion? If they actually manage to perfect one of these "expansion related features" then they can keep it into further expansions.

See, you're kind of completely missing my point. It's clearly an intentional choice to not add more rewards.

Torghast is meant to be enjoyed. If you don't enjoy it, well... No point in forcing players to do it. Problem is we're all too trained from years of RNG and gatcha incentivising un-fun content that we're like a labrat with their brain wired up to an orgasm button. We'll ignore a food dispenser that's right in front of us.
    But what if people enjoy it, but no rewards make it pointless? YOu seem to discount the fact that much of hte content you call un-fun is a lot of fun to others. This is another case of Ion and Co. having no clue what the term "happy medium" is.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Squigglyo View Post
    Getting a Legion legendary was exciting though, Shadowlands isnt, its boring.

However, the intense disapointment at a 'wasted' legendary drop when it wasnt the one you wanted has gone away.
    I hyad no disappointment with Legion. I was excited for every legendary I got. Of course, I am not obsessed with min/maxing and don't feel I have to be at the top of the meters to complete content or I am bad either.

Quote Originally Posted by schwarzkopf View Post
    I'd just like to be able to do it solo, I was hoping for something to be doing when raids and M+ runs were not around.

If they balanced it a bit better between classes - that's all I'd be asking for.
    if you cant solo it with like 200 itlv gear then you are doing something very very wrong.

Torghast is proof that people will nitpick and hate on anything they possibly can, just for the sake of it. Even if it's literally the best addition to the game for possibly a decade or more.

Regular torghast is fun, quick and easy. Anima powers give you crazy effects and boosts. It's just pure fun. Everyone will find it refreshing and relaxing.

Corridors are a bit harder, which is fine, because it's an optional mode that doesn't give ash, just cosmetics. It takes about 1-2 hours depending on how good you play and how lucky you get, which is less than an average raid time. If it was impossible to fail, it wouldn't be as fun and many people would (rightfully) complain.

It's a great game mode / feature. I honestly don't see anything wrong with it, besides maybe the fact that there is no incentive to run the corridors after you've completed them once. I think a 1% drop chance additional mount reward for completing layer 8 of corridors would be cool. That would mean there is still a reason to do it.

I think instead of complaining that it's too hard and "undoable", people should try to improve and think how to combine the anima powers effectively. Or look into guides. I have ersonally cleared layer 6 just yesterday and I'm having a blast. I also feel I improved at the game by utilizing different skills and abilities I never really used before.
    Armory Link
    Mount Collection

Everything wrong with gamers in one sentence:
    Quote Originally Posted by Cavox View Post
    I want Activision-Blizzard to burn, but for crimes against gaming, not because they got me too'd.

Torghast is meant to be enjoyed.
    If it was meant to be enjoyed, why is it a monotonous mess of repetitive brain-dead activity?

I don't care about the rewards; not one of those guys that plays to get loot. I do care about fun and doing the same thing, in virtually the same place, against the same 3 mobs ain't that.

Torghast seems like a huge miss (game play wise) and I predict that it will only be done by players that chase the carrot, which is probably what Blizzard intended, considering the fact that it's a very cheap way to keep addicted players hooked.
    success comes in the form of technical solutions to problems, not appeals to our emotional side

Torghast is incredibly boring, but doesn't need more rewards. Let people get their legendaries and then just abandon the feature. It's the Island Expeditions of this expansion.

Quote Originally Posted by schwarzkopf View Post
    I'd just like to be able to do it solo, I was hoping for something to be doing when raids and M+ runs were not around.

If they balanced it a bit better between classes - that's all I'd be asking for.
    Out of curiosity, what's your class?
    World needs more Goblin Warriors https://i.imgur.com/WKs8aJA.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Toppy View Post
    Out of curiosity, what's your class?
    Arcane Mage ... I don't have enough defensives/health to tank the high level stuff.

Challenge Mode : Play WoW like my disability has me play:
    You will need two people, Brian MUST use the mouse for movement/looking and John MUST use the keyboard for casting, attacking, healing etc.
    Briand and John share the same goal, same intentions - but they can't talk to each other, however they can react to each other's in game activities.
    Now see how far Brian and John get in WoW.

WoW is a very old game and at this point most players aren't playing purely for "fun" anymore. I don't know anyone who starts WoW to just mess around. The concept of opportunity costs exists. Your time is limited. You could be pushing your keys and get keystone master and that cool mount or do a torghast run and get nothing out of it other than "fun" but doing dungeons is fun as well. Fun isn't really quantifiable. Everything is fun in a way. I'm doing Klaxxi dailies on my hunter alt these days because somehow I never got them to exalted back in the days and there you have that zone buff where if you jump, you can jump a second time and fly 20 yards forwards. It's mindless daily grinding but that extra mobility makes it really fun to do. And it's just 5-10 minutes a day, so it doesn't feel obnoxious. Would I do those Klaxxi dailies once I'm exalted? Hell no, I want the mount and then I'm out and won't ever return. But it's fun while I'm doing it.

I think you miss one point here... Torghast was actually much much more fun during the Alpha of the game. This is a very common opinion. And since then Blizzard have changed Torghast into something which is much less fun than what it originally was. So now a lot of us are asking: "Why?"

Quote Originally Posted by Kaver View Post
    I think you miss one point here... Torghast was actually much much more fun during the Alpha of the game. This is a very common opinion. And since then Blizzard have changed Torghast into something which is much less fun than what it originally was. So now a lot of us are asking: "Why?"
    It even had more rewards consistent rewards if I remember right.
    World needs more Goblin Warriors https://i.imgur.com/WKs8aJA.jpg

I only do two layer 6 runs per week for the ash, story quests in case and nothing else.

I won’t ever do TC until you can save progress every 6 floors, apart from being as boring as base TG I won’t ever have 2 hours straight to complete a layer. Luckily enough they are even more optional than Torghast itself.

Quote Originally Posted by Azerate View Post
    Torghast is proof that people will nitpick and hate on anything they possibly can, just for the sake of it. Even if it's literally the best addition to the game for possibly a decade or more.
    Your opinion not fact. People hate on something becuase they hate it. You liking it does not mean everyone does.

Regular torghast is fun, quick and easy. Anima powers give you crazy effects and boosts. It's just pure fun. Everyone will find it refreshing and relaxing.
    Again, your opinion, not fact. There are people who don't agree with you. This is projecting ones opinion.

Corridors are a bit harder, which is fine, because it's an optional mode that doesn't give ash, just cosmetics. It takes about 1-2 hours depending on how good you play and how lucky you get, which is less than an average raid time. If it was impossible to fail, it wouldn't be as fun and many people would (rightfully) complain.
    ANd those that are complaining now are also in the right. You are not the sole aribiter of Torghast and how it should be. Again, there are people who find it fun knowing they won't fail because they can try speed runs and make different challenges for themselves.

It's a great game mode / feature. I honestly don't see anything wrong with it, besides maybe the fact that there is no incentive to run the corridors after you've completed them once. I think a 1% drop chance additional mount reward for completing layer 8 of corridors would be cool. That would mean there is still a reason to do it.
    And there are people who think there are problems with it.

I think instead of complaining that it's too hard and "undoable", people should try to improve and think how to combine the anima powers effectively. Or look into guides. I have ersonally cleared layer 6 just yesterday and I'm having a blast. I also feel I improved at the game by utilizing different skills and abilities I never really used before.
    I think people should be able to complain if they want. That is called feedback. I also think that other people should stop dictating to others how to play simply because they like things as is.

Quote Originally Posted by rrayy View Post
    And there are people who think there are problems with it.
    That's because there are problems with it ... that's just a simple fact.

Challenge Mode : Play WoW like my disability has me play:
    You will need two people, Brian MUST use the mouse for movement/looking and John MUST use the keyboard for casting, attacking, healing etc.
    Briand and John share the same goal, same intentions - but they can't talk to each other, however they can react to each other's in game activities.
    Now see how far Brian and John get in WoW.

Scripted PvE is boring. Thorghast is fine because it is different every run and it can be soloed.

Quote Originally Posted by sephrinx View Post
    Torghast is awful in pretty much every way and needs a complete overhaul.
    Oh, how I agree with you.