Feral druid appreciation thread.

So I know feral druids looks to be worse than Balance druid as normal (At least looking on rio in mythic+), but with the re-worked Berserker and the AMAZING convoke of spirits Im kinda happy. These 2 things, a long with still strong bleeds, and legendary options makes me satisfied. And can I just say how flipping strong that covenant ability is again? You can burst another player down in like 5 secs if he does not react to it.

Been feral since TBC and I cant imagine changing. Its always been a fast grind spec, but ever since we got primal wrath talent in 8.1 BFA, its just gotten better and more fun.
    Youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/c/djuntas ARPG - RTS - MMO

Feral's in the best spot it's been in a long time.

Quote Originally Posted by AntenoraDK View Post
    Feral's in the best spot it's been in a long time.
    yea im happy with it. I just feel like we're still very frail and energy starved on single target a bit.

I feel very dependant on convoke and if i purposely do not use it (was trying how it would play without) i feel like my buttons are not impactful as on my other classes.
    So once the convoke nerf or redesign(prefered tbh) comes , im afraid it wont be as good anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by LiPiNo View Post
    I feel very dependant on convoke and if i purposely do not use it (was trying how it would play without) i feel like my buttons are not impactful as on my other classes.
    So once the convoke nerf or redesign(prefered tbh) comes , im afraid it wont be as good anymore.
    Agree. Would love to see our Mastery get a significant buff. That, I think, would go a long way to helping us feel a bit better outside of convoke.

I actually want more damage put into bleeds and less into Ferocious Bite. I just don't like FB being ~40% of my overall damage, it feels stupid. Otherwise...well, we do good damage but have the same problems we've always had for certain content (like M+). I won't complain about the state of ferals too much, because we're good for the content I enjoy (mainly PvP), but I won't say that I'm completely content.

Quote Originally Posted by xmirrors View Post
    I actually want more damage put into bleeds and less into Ferocious Bite. I just don't like FB being ~40% of my overall damage, it feels stupid. Otherwise...well, we do good damage but have the same problems we've always had for certain content (like M+). I won't complain about the state of ferals too much, because we're good for the content I enjoy (mainly PvP), but I won't say that I'm completely content.
    I do almost nothing but M+ so I have a hard time agreeing with you here. Love my FB. I do agree our bleeds need attention, though.

How hard do we think Convoke is going to get nerfed? I think it's more problematic with Balance at the moment than it is for Feral but I can see it being frustrating to play against either one of the specs. I'm hoping they don't change too much about it (identity wise) to the extent that we might feel the need to change covenants

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't see them being able to nerf convoke without fundamentally changing the ability. They could I guess make it use less attacks which seems like a somewhat reasonable fix but the entire idea of it at it's core has always been kinda crazy. On paper I was whatever aout it but actually getting my hands on it now...in actual practice its insane lol.

That said yeah. I have been Feral as long as i can remember. Even all the way back to vanilla when it was hardly a real spec and I haven't had this much fun with it since probably Wrath when it got its first real major rework. It still has a lot of weaknesses but I feel much better off starting out than I have in a while. Definitely more so than BFA where I felt like a declawed kitten for months.

Quote Originally Posted by neocount View Post
    Agree. Would love to see our Mastery get a significant buff. That, I think, would go a long way to helping us feel a bit better outside of convoke.
    Feral is fine as it is.

Any buffs and you'll be like Unholy was on expansion release.

Feral is fine as it is.

Unholy DKs that are still doing significantly more AoE damage, and nearly the same single target (on sustained single target - I can outburst a DK single target easily with convoke)?
    Last edited by neocount; 2021-01-08 at 06:52 PM.

Field Marshal
    10+ Year Old Account
    I play one druid of each race and none of my ferals went with convoke because I picked covenant based on looks for them (worgen with Maldraxxus set looks nice)

Anyway, without convoke it feels OK but you don't get any of that burst that helps you top meters every 2 minutes without even trying. I expect nerfs to convoke all around. In PvP people already know to prepare the interrupts but it's still too good in every aspect.

The venthyr ability is good for feral PvP, I find that the stacking damage can make for nice burst, almost as good as convoke.

Last time I played feral was WotLK.

How does feral feel now compared to back then?

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ragnarohk View Post

they shifted dmg from dots to spenders/finishers so it feels strange (can say same about warlocks tbh), most of you skills don`t feel mining full and most of the dmg is coming from spender,
    also convoke is op AF in any and every scenario :P

All this from guy that play druid as an alt for mining/herbalism so don`t mind my opinion to much ;P

"Hope for the best and prepare for the worst"

Quote Originally Posted by neocount View Post
    Unholy DKs that are still doing significantly more AoE damage, and nearly the same single target (on sustained single target - I can outburst a DK single target easily with convoke)?
    Unholy's damage is high during cooldowns yes.

Once Army and Dark Transformation fades that burst plummets.

Feral is fine.

10+ Year Old Account
    Feral is fine as it is.

Feral is not fine "as it is", it's fine if NF / maldaxus - convoke should be toned down significantly, and venthyr brought up in power.
    Quote Originally Posted by Urban Dictionary
    Russians are a nation inhabiting territory of Russia an ex-USSR countries. Russians enjoy drinking vodka and listening to the bears playing button-accordions. Russians are open- and warm- hearted. They are ready to share their last prianik (russian sweet cookie) with guests, in case lasts encounter that somewhere. Though, it's almost unreal, 'cos russians usually hide their stuff well.

Really love my feral, but it's kinda disheartening to get wrecked in M+ by my fire mage and MM hunter buddies. I wish feral had more oomph there. Looking at wclogs they seem to be doing much better in raids though.

Blizzard went all out trying to keep sodapoppin interested for as long as possible.

Quote Originally Posted by Ragnarohk View Post

Its way easier to play now. Feral back in wotlk was the hardest spec to play wow has maybe ever had. BFA 8.1 primal wrath was a gut-tier change. Yes we lack behind, but we can do so much else that mage or rogue cant...I like also tanking when needed.