Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by WowIsDead64 View Post
    - snip -
    Sounds like you'd wanna find another game, maybe a single player one with possible LAN capabilities?

The whole post sound like "I want it simpler and more convinient when moving around and also nothing mandatory what so ever but I still want rewards". What makes something mandatory is the rewards.

That said I find it wierd that there's no catchup for pve like with Soul Ash, and weekly quests for story progression still? I can understand the first weeks but now, with a new character? Why would they need to wait weeks to unlock things?

I like flying but not having it in the beginning is also nice. Especially with Warmode on
    Well met!
    Quote Originally Posted by Iem View Post
    Man even if Blizzard gave players bars of gold, they would complain that they were too heavy.

Quote Originally Posted by det View Post
    Fair enough. Still never ceases to amaze me how somebody with that username and a very strong opinion why WoW does pretty much everything wrong since he joined in 2015 keeps falling back into the trap of buying x-pacs and paying a sub.

I mean...you can't seriously be expecting that things get better? Not with the datamining and the forum threads by people in alpha and beta constantly pointing out how broken the game is?
    I used gold to buy them. First I wanted to stack this gold to buy some expensive mount, like mammoth or yak from the past, but then I realized, that 5M price tag and limited time to farm it made this task pointless for me, so I decided, that if I'm not going to even play this game in a future and therefore stacking this gold is pointless for me, why shouldn't I dump it into tokens?

I don't care about Wow 11.0, if it's not solo-MMO. No half-measures - just perfect xpack.

"Stop making online games hardcore!
    It's discrimination!"

I think that's all anyone needs to see in this thread. Move along,people

You know the game is in a great state when people complain about the too slow (but still decently fast) leveling speed and having to do a 5 minute weekly quest in a zone they don't like.

Quote Originally Posted by Zephire View Post
    Sounds like you'd wanna find another game, maybe a single player one with possible LAN capabilities?
    May be. But Blizzard refuse to make other genre games in Warcraft universe. So we have to deal with what we have. It's their conceptual choice. They don't want to deal with offline games, i.e. piracy. And piracy is somewhat acceptable tax. Because at the end when you're adult - it's much easier for you to just buy this game, than risk getting nasty viruses, when downloading from 3rd party sites. And when game/software is accessible, it makes it more popular. That's why "free for personal use" programs are so popular now. For example, yeah, I was playing pirated Starcraft and Diablo II, when I was kid without my own money. But now I've bought them. Just to pay my "dept". And because I wanted this legendary games to be in my collection. And now I have around 100 games in Steam. Some of them "for collection" only, because I don't even have time to play them. But for Blizzard it's more acceptable to have online games, that are fully protected against piracy, but to be forced to make some sort of "sub fee" in order to maintain this services "forever". That's, why they tried RMAH in Diablo III. Whether this choice is right or wrong - is up to them. But they deliberately limit themselves and therefore lose large amounts of money, they could pump from their universes.

I don't care about Wow 11.0, if it's not solo-MMO. No half-measures - just perfect xpack.

This is, what I talk about. 9.1 will bring both flying and some other catch-ups, like renown level fully available to you and may be removal of RNG-gating and some other hard-gating, like it has been done with Torghast story quest line. And if flying will be gated behind even more renown levels, like 100, and I'll wait for catch-up to that level 100, Blizzard will also assume, that it's catch-ups, that make me stay unsubbed, not fact, that it's bad game design, that prevents me from playing right here and right now. But catch-ups themselves are actually great. They're what we actually need. And their removal won't force me to resub and play right here and right now. It will make me unsub forever instead, like it was back in BFA.

Ah, I've forgotten about way too slow anima gaining problem. Another minor problem. I would be happy, if it would be fixed.
    Anima is hilariously easy to gather.
    you are just lazy.
    i got 35k before the raid's mythic even came out, and i wasnt even optimal, i didnt farm infinite sources, i didnt farm every single rare/treasure, i only did all the anima world quests.

Almost everything drops renown... I'm surprised how quickly I got it up on my DK alt. They basically throw renown at you.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by MrKnubbles View Post
    That's how I get all my souls. However, most of the time when I break them on my Hunter, nothing comes out. No lie, like 70% of them are empty. I wonder if pets mess it up somehow.
    they pop up where you stand and not where the stone is. I'm not sure if it spawns at the killing blow person or it's random who it chooses. If you kill it and rush there you might just miss it because it takes a second for the white orb to fly to you and spawn it.
    Error 404 - Signature not found

I think you should stay unsubbed forever and also forget that this game exists.

The amount of salt in your threads is a clear indication that your attachment to this game is twisted.

I'm thankful for your big sign in your signature, thanks to it I don't have to read entirety of your posts, just a glimpse of your banner is enough to know that there is a troll post there.

Quote Originally Posted by Neuroticaine View Post
    Souls are literally so inconsequential. I genuinely can't understand anyone that has trouble getting them. You know you can break open those stone spires and click on them, right?
    Yes, but try doing the quests when there are tons of others doing the quest at the same time. NOt nearly as easy as you think.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by MrKnubbles View Post
    That's how I get all my souls. However, most of the time when I break them on my Hunter, nothing comes out. No lie, like 70% of them are empty. I wonder if pets mess it up somehow.
    I think they do. I dismiss my pet before I break the stone and I get a soul every single time.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Kumorii View Post
    Almost everything drops renown... I'm surprised how quickly I got it up on my DK alt. They basically throw renown at you.

- - - Updated - - -

they pop up where you stand and not where the stone is. I'm not sure if it spawns at the killing blow person or it's random who it chooses. If you kill it and rush there you might just miss it because it takes a second for the white orb to fly to you and spawn it.
    But they still don't show, likely because of the pet. This happens to me unless I dismiss my pet. If I do that, I get the soul to appear every time. There is definitely an issue with hunter pets.

There is also stupid soul mechanic. Soul spawns somewhere near rock, it's contained in. But sometimes new rock is spawned before old soul is despawned. And some guys think, that it's great idea to break that rocks as fast, as possible. So they break rock before you loot old soul, so it's despawned. And you get only 1 soul instead of 2.
    Dude you are insufferable.

Quote Originally Posted by rrayy View Post
    Yes, but try doing the quests when there are tons of others doing the quest at the same time. NOt nearly as easy as you think.
    ??? Multiple players can click on a soul. That quest has never taken me more than 5 minutes even with us now needing to get 10 souls.

Quote Originally Posted by ClassicPeon View Post
    What problem? If you dont like grinding anima - dont do it.

Its pretty simple. THe 1000 anima that you "need" each week can be done by 2 world quests and 2 dungeons(one of the world quests being the weekly world boss).
    Also you just can't do it, have an renown deficit next week and thus benefit from the catch up mechanics (which you can even use to skip that week's anima collection quest)

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    I think we are closer and closer for major complain to be "I must log in in WoW".

Quote Originally Posted by Wuusah View Post
    ??? Multiple players can click on a soul. That quest has never taken me more than 5 minutes even with us now needing to get 10 souls.
    And multiple players make them spawn a lot faster so you can crush one of the stones in the maw, and just stand there and, wait for it to respawn to do it again.

Its easier with more people there actually

This is one of the most misguided analyses of the new systems I've ever seen.

It literally has never been easier to catch up with the expansion systems than right now. Even Torghast, which doesn't have an actual catchup mechanism, is barely a gate - you can get what, rank 3 legendary in 2 weeks now?

Renown is TRIVIALLY easy to get, to the point where you can catch up on a fresh character within a DAY or two, and that's just doing stuff you'd do anyway, not dedicated grinding.

The new leveling system is very fair and quick, though ToF does get tedious after a while (but is still very quick, comparatively).

You even get to catch up on the Covenant Campaign which is basically a full set of 190ish gear FOR FREE (or almost free; doing some of the high-yield anima quests like dungeon quests, WB, etc.).

I don't think it's ever been easier or more fair in any previous expansion, with the possible exception of WotLK badges/ICC dungeons which basically put you in raid gear by spamming dungeon finder.

What's fucked up is everything that comes AFTER the catchup - PvP gear outshining raid drops, dungeons and raids barely dropping anything, M+ being meta-driven down to trivial key levels, etc. etc. But the catchup mechanics and the time-gated content? Super fair.

Oh look, this guy who has quit wow for 5 times with his own idea of the game.
    There are problems, but if you were allowed to decide how the things are done we would have a dead game and you would still complain.

The worst part about Shadowlands in my opinion is the setting. Not only is it completely unoriginal, but it's also quite poorly timed to have an expansion about death and the afterlive in the times of a pandemic. Not that Blizzard is at fault for any of it cause they couldn't know this would happen, but I really don't want more death to think about. As much as I despise Mists of Pandaria I think I would've prefered such a lighthearted expansion right now.

Also with Anima, just get the app and do the 30 anima missions whenever you can log in. Costs 10-15 to send it and gains 30 back in 4-5 hours time. Once you get higher you can get 3-4 of those missions at a time (and apparently more anima returns from them).

Reknown isnt really rng. Not all callings give it. Ive been playing the expansion roughly 4 weeks now with almost no actual time to play for the most part (As in during my working hitch I have usually at best 1-2 hours of play time a day, but usually its play once per 3-4 days) and my 1st toon is near max reknown and my alts are already ticking through it.

Its easy to get to 170 ilvl also for LFR. Run 5mans or PvP for honor. Easy 160+ there. Do campaign quests gives you upto 190 ilvl pieces from the set. Mix in some BoE/Crafted/Legendary or heroic 5man drops (which are high enough to get you into LFR) and you are there. Plus every few weeks a bonus quest to do timewalking or such for a free 200+ ilvl, and chance for epics from rares etc.

Honestly as a now casual player, this has been the best expansion early on since MoP. I cant get over the fact I dont feel left behind because I couldnt run multiple dungeons for AP non stop.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Daronokk View Post
    The worst part about Shadowlands in my opinion is the setting. Not only is it completely unoriginal, but it's also quite poorly timed to have an expansion about death and the afterlive in the times of a pandemic. Not that Blizzard is at fault for any of it cause they couldn't know this would happen, but I really don't want more death to think about. As much as I despise Mists of Pandaria I think I would've prefered such a lighthearted expansion right now.
    Yeah too true about poor timing coincidence. Hardly something under their control though seeing as the outline for an expansion is years ahead of release.

Quote Originally Posted by Kwaizar View Post
    Please note! I'm not capricious. I just don't see any reason to play game,
    then dont play it - we dont need to know !

Quote Originally Posted by Doffen View Post
    And multiple players make them spawn a lot faster so you can crush one of the stones in the maw, and just stand there and, wait for it to respawn to do it again.

Its easier with more people there actually
    best spot is next to the platform where garm or gorm whatever the big rare called spawns. There's 2 stones to the right of it, just alternate between those 2, the other is respawned as soon as you collect the 1st soul. took me 30s.
    Error 404 - Signature not found