Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post
    Wouldn’t screen clutter also be an issue with large mech models?
    Has it ever been an issue with raids full of Tauren using Growth buffs or effects in fights? There was plenty in the game that were able to be used in combat, and it's frankly not been much of a problem. I used to use growth effects all the time as Guardian Druid back in the day, and it was fine. However, I do recognize that Blizzard has removed a lot of growth effects in combat, or at least scaled back which ones stack so you can't stack to 12x size like you used to.

Look at the Demon Hunters demon form; with the wingspans and jumping into the air, they can clutter quite a bit of screen space for bunched-up-melee DPS, but it's never really been a problem. Most of the time you don't even need to look at your position, and raid warnings are more than enough to make sure you aren't standing in the fire.

As I’ve said, the mech size limits are completely up to Blizzard. However if they view size as a problem, I could see a situation where the class is limited to smaller races. A smaller race wouldn’t require a huge model to give the effect of a big mech. Also they would have a more impactful size difference with their non-piloting brethren.
    Considering a Mech would still be larger than a Tauren, all races could use the same sized contained Mech Suit model and it would work out fine. A moderately sized Reaves would solve all of those issues.
    Last edited by Triceron; 2021-01-13 at 09:55 AM.

Like I've always said, if Blizzard doesn't have an issue with Draenei mech pilots, I don't have a problem with them. I just think their general size could be an issue. I suppose we'll have to wait and see.

- - - Updated - - -

There's a difference between some random DK having holy magic (I don't even think he was really a Death Knight, just one of the four horsemen) and one of the leaders of Dark Rangers having "undead" pets.

As for everyone in Shadowlands being able to use Necromancy, I think that just shows how unlikely a Necromancer class is after this expansion. This was clearly the expansion for a Necromancer if one were truly on the table.
    The only problem you have is they can’t be your tinker class because they aren’t vertically challenged

Blizzard can make the size a non issue just like they have with scaling before so stop passing that off as anything beyond a self constructed barrier for other classes it’s been 130 pages of it and I’m starting to think there’s a serious underlying problem

WARDEN is the best idea in this thread imo
    Shadowlands is real world
    The Maw is China
    The Jailer is China government
    Sylvanas is Blizz

Quote Originally Posted by qwerty123456 View Post
    They are almost exactly half the height of a male Draenei. And when a male Draenei sits down how tall do you think they are?
    You must be new

Reasoning with Tetris is impossible as he will concede a point for all of 2 posts before finding a loophole

The unhealthy obsession with the lollipop guild has me a tad worried for him but considering he spent multiple pages arguing that crystal tech from draenie is not comparable to the midget tech thus they wouldn’t fit as tinkers has me....concerned

The only thing worse is the fact ppl keep feeding into his crap

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by iosdeveloper View Post
    WARDEN is the best idea in this thread imo
    I want another glaive wielding class and the fact you can make a ranged spec with warden is great...but you don’t like the dragonsworn that operates like shadow??? ������������������������

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by KrayZ33 View Post
    Perhaps Blizzard didn't include Tinker yet, because people are supposed to realize that Tinker and Engineering are one and the same
    BFA pretty much threw that belief out the window.

The tinker class idea went out of the window when they introduced mechagnomes and mechagon.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by razorpax View Post
    The only problem you have is they can’t be your tinker class because they aren’t vertically challenged

Blizzard can make the size a non issue just like they have with scaling before so stop passing that off as anything beyond a self constructed barrier for other classes it’s been 130 pages of it and I’m starting to think there’s a serious underlying problem
    Like I said, I have no problem with Draenei tinkers if Blizzard decides to make them an option. My issue with it was always size of mech, and the abilities, since characters like https://wow.gamepedia.com/Exarch_Orelis_(alternate_universe)]Exarch Orelis[/url] are using vastly different weaponry than Gazlowe in Island Expeditions.

However, @Triceron made some good points in his post above, so we’ll see what Blizzard does. I’ve always felt that if they were going to use Artificers, it should be LF Draenei and Nightborne as their Horde equivalent.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Deneios View Post
    The tinker class idea went out of the window when they introduced mechagnomes and mechagon.
    Nah, they’re not going to release a class mid expansion. Consider that Death Knights got hinted at heavily in Vanilla and arrived in WotLK, Monks got hinted at in WotLK, and arrived in MoP, Demon Hunters got hinted at in MoP and arrived in Legion, and Tinkers were hinted at in BFA, so if the pattern holds, they’ll be introduced in the next expansion.

We’ll see.

Nah, they’re not going to release a class mid expansion. Consider that Death Knights got hinted at heavily in Vanilla and arrived in WotLK, Monks got hinted at in WotLK, and arrived in MoP, Demon Hunters got hinted at in MoP and arrived in Legion, and Tinkers were hinted at in BFA, so if the pattern holds, they’ll be introduced in the next expansion.

We’ll see.
    ^---- when you want to see patterns where there are none.

"Demon hunters got hinted at in MoP"

lul. Remember BC?

BFA pretty much threw that belief out the window.
    nah. There is nothing in BFA that wasn't there already.
    Last edited by KrayZ33; 2021-01-13 at 11:27 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Imperator4321 View Post
    Fair point i'm just not personally seeing what makes Dark Ranger so uniquely special in comparison to other cultural/racial variations of classes that aren't fully expressed in the base class, a forsaken raanger not being able to Mind Control someone is the same as a Troll priest not being able to "hex" someone, or a night elf priest not being able to starfall.

How much of that is Sylvanas's power exactly though? the dark blast that killed Saurfang & the Chains that Binded Bolvar likely came from the Jailor's power instead of Sylvanas being a Dark Ranger, Hunters do also have blatantly magical abilities like Binding Shot, Everything else we've seen her done is mostly standard Hunter fair of magically imbued arrows and archery.

Dark Rangers in BFA also recieved a pretty defined skill set, mostly using Hunter abilities like disengage/multi-shot and Forsaken/Necromancy themed Hunter abilities like Shadowburn Shot, Plague Tipped Arrows and Dark Revivial, that honestly makes them feel more like just an undead flavored Hunter than a unique "class".

"Life Drain" in HotS gives Sylvanas 15% lifesteal against enemies she has 3 stacks of Banshee's Curse on, Drain Life in HotS is a channeled DoT over 3 seconds that dealing 132 damage per second and healing Gul'dan for 188 Health per second with 4.00% scaling, all those two abilities share is the gaining health part but they have very little gameplay overlap one is passive lifesteal that needs a prerequisite the other being an active channeled spell, theres also how the greater context of how "Drain Life" interacts with Sylvanas's kit vs how Drain Life works with Gul'dans kit, Life Drain is just an extra boost to what Sylvanas already does (apply a damage boost via stacks of banshee's curse), Drain Life interacts with the rest of Gul'dans spells, high mana costs but he can restore mana with life tap and restore health with Drain Life but he puts himself in a vunerable position due to the channeled nature of the ability.

If a WoW version of "Life Drain" worked like the HoTS version it would just be "gain x% of leech" maybe with a similar prerequisite and yeah it would have no overlap with Drain Life as it exists in the Warlocks spell list.
    Why would a Dark Ranger, Priestess of the Moon and Shadow Hunter be uniquely special in contrast with a Tauren Seer or Sunwalker, Draenei Vindicator or Blood elf Blood Knight, you ask? because these 3 are Warcraft III heroes and have abilities associated with them. Unlike them, the Priestess of the Moon and and Shadow Hunter are the religions missing from the Priest class in-game and are lacking representation. So are the Dark Ranger and Sea Witch (which, are Warcraft III heroes).

It's as much Sylvanas' power as the Night Warrior is Tyrande's power. You won't consider it Elune, exclusively, power. The pact with the Jailer and Sylvanas' new abilities are just a way to expand the Dark Ranger's arsenal. If that's not indicative, i don't know what is.

Dark Rangers received a defined skill set like how Death Knights received a defined skill set of Warrior and Warlock abilities before Wrath of the Lich King. You wouldn't consider them Warriors or Warlocks, would you? That's how it goes with new class addition - the representation in-game uses existing abilities until the class has been added.

You're, absolutely, right about Life Drain and Drain Life. one would not affect the other. Teriz just can't see it. One is an active ability, the other passive. He's getting confused because of the names. By the way, you associated that quote with Triceron, instead of me But, no big deal.

Drains Life; Leech from a variety of pets
    Raises Undead: Undead pets (some of which are skeletons)
    Controls someone: Tame Beast
    Nice try
    Too bad you don't understand the differences.

Quote Originally Posted by Triceron View Post
    For the Dark Ranger, it's very up in the air. I don't know where they draw the line with Sylvanas honestly; her uber Banshee powers came from nowhere and worked more like magical macguffins than any sensible potential game mechanic. Like, Arthas could raise Sindragosa with his powers, sure, but that was still a carry over from Warcraft 3 when he raised the Blue Dragon Sapphiron. BFA carried her into completely new territory with Banshee flight, insta-kill Banshee smoke, super blasts and chain arrows. And it's hard to tell if any of this is supposed to be potential carry over to Dark Rangers (the way DK's can summon Sindragosa or use Ice powers like Arthas) or something purely unique to her.
    Like i told imperator - her new abilities, like Tyrande's new powers, are an attempt to expand the Dark Ranger's and Priestess of the Moon's arsenal. That's why Tyrande wields glaives, now.

Well that's mostly just a gameplay concession in the transition to WoW units & heroes abilties and thematics got split between different classes, Shamans got troll wards (renamed to totems), elemental abilities & spiritual/ancestral abilities, Priests got Light & Shadow, Warlocks got curses & ritualistic abilities. In the Lore Witch Doctors are Priest-Shaman-Warlocks who can do all of those things (and whenever witch doctors show up they are usually given a mish-mash of those abilities to represent this) but it doesn't really work for a class based mmo so Witch Doctors (and Shadow Hunters by extension) got split between those 3, same way even now stuff like Tidesages who in the lore are Priest-Shaman-Mages and can't be accurately portrayed by any one of those classes on their own.

Like yeah Anduin's a priest who learned how to wear heavy armor and poorly use a sword, Sylvanas is a Hunter who learned some necromancy, has screaming/mind control from her banshee nature and made a pact with uber-satan, i don't think she's truly crossed the point into being something distinct from a Empowered Hunter (at least in a way that can be turned into a class for us, Banshee + Mawsworn isn't really enough)
    So, essentially, the Witch Doctor is all over the place in terms of representation, like how Demon Hunters had their Mana Burn in the Priest class, Immolate and Metamorphosis in the Warlock class and Evasion in the Rogue class. The Demon Hunter got added. What does it tell us?
    That under-represented classes, from Warcraft III, gets added.
    The Tidesage, on the other hand, is a new addition and is not part of the Warcraft III heroes (though, the power of the oceans can be fulfilled with a Sea Witch).

Sylvanas can't be turned into a class but, she can be turned into a spec. Unlike Anduin, which has his abilities in the Priest class, and is not part of the Warcraft III heroes, the Dark Ranger hasn't got its abilities in the Hunter class, and is part of the Warcraft III heroes.

Quote Originally Posted by Triceron View Post
    My reservations are more based on my own interpretations of Blizzard's potential directions, especially based on what we've seen on the Demon Hunter breaking all association from Warlocks to be defined as its own class, or how Allied Races officially separated certain assumed connections (Dark skin Dwarf options = Dark Iron, Brown skin Orc option = Mag'har) into their own specific race.

Paladins and Priests did heavily evolve from their origins, which is my very reasoning and case to keep Hunter and Dark Ranger separate for the sake of Blizzard choosing to 'evolve' them into completely separate concepts down the line. My personal basis on this is how Dwarf and Dark Iron were separated through Allied Race; so could Hunter and Dark Ranger be defined through Class Skins.
    Exactly.
    Why add one as an allied race (Dark Iron) and the other as a customization option (Wildhammer). I'll tell you why. I did a "Races and their real-life equivalents thread" in the lore forum. The Wildhammer are scottish, just like the Bronzebeard. However, the Dark Iron are another ethnicity (first, i thought them to be Celtic, based on their black facial tattoos but, now i'm leaning towards Germanic tribes - watch History Channel's Barbarians rising and Netflix's Barbarians).

Orcs are, most likely, based on Mongolian/Turkic tribes (the unification of different tribes, and the invasion into europe, under Ghengis Khan, is like the Orcs tribes uniting and invading human lands; or the battle of Shattrath City mirroring the Battle of Constantinopole, as the Draenei are based on the Byzantine), Barbarian depictions (Conan the Barbarian) and Prehistoric living conditions (huts made of animal bones).

Meanwhile, the Mag'har Orcs are based on the Huns, and Grommash is, most likely, based on Atilla the Hun, as you can see the parallels between the Warsong invasions into Ogre lands (Ogres are based on ancient rome) and the Huns invasions into Roman Empire. Why this clan and not the others, you might ask? look at the racials, mount and heritage armor - all are pointing to Warsong. That's why they weren't a customization option.

The same would be applied with the Hunter and the Dark Ranger. While the Hunter would be the Beastmaster, Sapper and Headhunter the Ranger would be Dark Ranger, Priestess of the Moon and Sea Witch.

I think the Necrolord (and some of the other covenant abilities) could serve as a really good way to set the foundations of a Necromancer class in the visual/gameplay direction (stuff like adaptive swarm, fleshcraft, serrated bone spiked, abomination limb, primordial wave, chain harvest), a DoT based spellcaster who spreads poison plague through insects, spiders, alchemy and would be thematically/visually tied to nerubians/arachnid quarter, house of plagues, plague quarter, a spellcaster who summons/abominations and then uses the corpses to fuel their spells/create more power constructs and would be thematically/visually inspired by the House of Constructs and Construct Quarter.

Being themed around Bone, Corpses, Constructs, Insect Swarms and Poison/Plague I think makes them visually distinct enough from Death Knights since those elements are underepresented in the current Death Knight ability lineup, really we have bone shield, unholy blight and i guess corpse explosion (which is a cosmetic/glorified toy at this point) to represent those elements of the scourge.
    You push for a Necromancer class, while we have Death Knights but, you reject Dark Rangers, Priestesses of the Moon, Sea Witches, Shadow Hunters, Blademasters and Wardens as nothing more than visual class skins?
    Don't you see the hypocrisy in that?

Some folks feel differently. Some feel that a mech should be proportionate to the pilot.
    No one ever said that, except from you.
    We expect it to be the same size as it is in game.

Blizzard isn’t going to use the mount models for class mechs though. In other words, even if Blizzard implemented Draenei Tinkers, they wouldn’t be piloting lightforged warframes.
    Yes, they would. And changing the model doesn't change the size.

Except none of the Tinker's abilities appear in the engineering profession, so how can you use that argument against the Tinker?
    Cluster Rocket Recipes
    Item Level 1
    Binds when picked up
    Requires Engineering (225)
    <Right Click to Open>

Goblin Rocket Boots
    Item Level 24
    Binds when equipped
    Feet Cloth
    3 Armor
    Durability 55 / 55
    Use: These dangerous looking boots significantly increase your run speed for 20 sec. They are prone to explode however, so use with caution. (5 Min Cooldown)
    Requires Engineering (225)

Dimensional Ripper - Area 52
    Item Level 27
    Binds when used
    Toy
    Use: Rips the dimensional walls asunder and transports you to Area 52 in Netherstorm. There are technical problems that sometimes occur, but that's what Goblin Engineering is all about! (4 Hrs Cooldown)
    Requires Outland Engineering (50)
    Requires Goblin Engineer

Overcharged Capacitor
    Item Level 27
    Crafting Reagent
    Max Stack: 200

As I’ve said, the mech size limits are completely up to Blizzard. However if they view size as a problem, I could see a situation where the class is limited to smaller races. A smaller race wouldn’t require a huge model to give the effect of a big mech. Also they would have a more impactful size difference with their non-piloting brethren.
    The size of the pilot does not affect the size of the mech. You can see it with mounts, with only Tauren affecting the size of the mount.

Plus, there are, already, Lightforged Draenei piloting Warframes in game. So, that whole argument about size comparisons is irrelevant.

We’ll see.
    Monks were hinted in WotLK? They, literally, came out of nowhere.
    And, if you're going by thematic hints, then Blizzard has been hinting at a Light vs Void and Cataclysm 2.0 themes.
    Blizzard has, also, heavily hinted at Dark Ranger and Priestess of the Moon, with Sylvanas and Tyrande getting new appearances, new storylines, new abilities and new weapons. Much more prominently than Gazlowe.
    Last edited by Unbelievable; 2021-01-13 at 11:49 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    ^---- when you want to see patterns where there are none.

"Demon hunters got hinted at in MoP"

lul. Remember BC?
    Blizzard themselves stated that they originally planned to introduce Demon Hunters in TBC, but that fell through because they simply weren't prepared to release new classes right after Vanilla. So they planned to release the Demon Hunter in Legion. Here's the hints of this in MoP;

https://wow.gamepedia.com/Glyph_of_Demon_Hunting
    https://www.wowhead.com/transmog-set...galia#comments
    https://wow.gamepedia.com/Master_Cheng
    https://wow.gamepedia.com/A_Legend_in_the_Making

nah. There is nothing in BFA that wasn't there already.
    Except a group of Goblins and Gnomes using Tinker abilities from HotS. All of the rest of the IE teams were using derivatives of existing WoW abilities.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Unbelievable View Post
    Nice try
    Too bad you don't understand the differences.
    Feel free to explain the differences. Those abilities do exactly what you're requesting.

Like i told imperator - her new abilities, like Tyrande's new powers, are an attempt to expand the Dark Ranger's and Priestess of the Moon's arsenal. That's why Tyrande wields glaives, now.
    Except Dark Rangers and PotMs have nothing to do with each other ability wise or lore wise. Also their abilities are housed in multiple classes.

So, essentially, the Witch Doctor is all over the place in terms of representation, like how Demon Hunters had their Mana Burn in the Priest class, Immolate and Metamorphosis in the Warlock class and Evasion in the Rogue class. The Demon Hunter got added. What does it tell us?
    That under-represented classes, from Warcraft III, gets added.
    The Tidesage, on the other hand, is a new addition and is not part of the Warcraft III heroes (though, the power of the oceans can be fulfilled with a Sea Witch).
    You mean this;

http://classic.battle.net/war3/orc/u...chdoctor.shtml

That concept was completely merged into the Shaman class, just like Shadow Hunters. Witch Doctors are essentially Troll Shaman.

Sylvanas can't be turned into a class but, she can be turned into a spec. Unlike Anduin, which has his abilities in the Priest class, and is not part of the Warcraft III heroes, the Dark Ranger hasn't got its abilities in the Hunter class, and is part of the Warcraft III heroes.
    If you blatantly ignore the majority of the Hunter class' history in WoW where Black Arrow was present.....

Monks were hinted in WotLK? They, literally, came out of nowhere.
    https://www.wowhead.com/item=49665/pandaren-monk

Wrathion was speaking about burning legion that we have known from ateast wc3.
    Glyph of demon hunting was a wLock glyph that used illidans model. Altho it was cool but its not evidence for demon hunters same with regalia. Its called a texas sharpshooter fallacy

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Deneios View Post
    Wrathion was speaking about burning legion that we have known from ateast wc3.
    And most people assumed that a Demon Hunter class would come with a Burning Legion expansion.

Glyph of demon hunting was a wLock glyph that used illidans model. Altho it was cool but its not evidence for demon hunters same with regalia
    Which makes sense because the Warlock class held the key Demon Hunter ability Metamorphosis.

A Cleric would be fun!

Priests literally say words of power, prayers or even sing a hymns to restore HP or mana to allies.
    Yes technically not using music, but it's probably the closest we have.

Grappler.

No magic, no weapons, just porrada; smashing, breaking limbs, joints and ligaments.
    success comes in the form of technical solutions to problems, not appeals to our emotional side

They need to add a tank in the game, and there aren't any Cloth or Mail tanks yet.

Priest Cleric:
    Prevent damage through self-absorbs and debilitating the enemy.
    Carry a 1h mace/dagger and a shield.
    Essentially a Discipline priest in terms of theme and utility.
    Can mindcontrol an add for a short moment (5-10 seconds) as a big damage prevention CD.

Shaman Earthwarden:
    Self-sustaining with a mix of temporarily reducing damage taken and selfhealing.
    Abilities focus on Earth (since that element is badly represented across all current specs).
    1h mace/axe and a shield.

Except a group of Goblins and Gnomes using Tinker abilities from HotS. All of the rest of the IE teams were using derivatives of existing WoW abilities.
    Nuh-uh.
    But that's enough from me talking to a crazy guy. I'm just gonna leave.
    The way you see connections between two things is horribly misleading and basically just ignoring everything that doesn't fit your agenda.

I wasted more time than I'd like to admit here.
    Last edited by KrayZ33; 2021-01-13 at 01:50 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Nuh-uh.
    Great response. Howabout you actually check out the island expedition teams and realize how wrong you are. There's plenty of existing WoW NPC abilities that could fill up the ability set of those Tinker groups, but they chose HotS abilities instead. HotS abilities are rare throughout WoW, but for some reason there's a huge dump of them in ONE set of Island Expedition teams? Yeah, totally means nothing....

10+ Year Old Account
    It's your opinion that it's "bastardized".
    I'll repeat what I wrote, since you just repeated what you wrote without addressing what I wrote:
    Quote Originally Posted by Ielenia View Post
    It's not my opinion that the original WC3 ability is much more powerful than any of the versions we got in WoW.

Except none of the Tinker's abilities appear in the engineering profession, so how can you use that argument against the Tinker?
    Because the engineering profession is one feature of the game that focuses and deals purely with high-end technology. The engineering profession allows to create and employs rockets and bombs (a tinker feature), it can create and pilot mechs into combat (a tinker feature), it can create and use a device that constantly deploys walking bombs (a tinker feature) and can use engineering to upgrade himself (a tinker feature).

Post #2823.
    I read through your post, and nothing answered my argument: we have no "dark ranger ability kit" because the dark ranger class does not exist. The hunter class is not the dark ranger class.

Wailing Arrow is currently in WoW and is used by Dark Ranger NPCs.
    Okay. One more. Still a far cry from eleven like you claim.

I would say that 11 abilities gives us a pretty good idea of what the Dark Ranger kit would look like.
    Way less than eleven, and no, it would not.

The point is that there's multiple versions of Black Arrow. There's the classic WC3 version, the Hunter version before Legion, the Legion version of the spell, the HotS version, etc. The other point is that it isn't always linked to Dark Rangers. Sometimes it's linked to Hunters and Rangers.
    But it's not a hunter ability. It doesn't fit the class concept, theme and fantasy. Hell, metamorphosis fit the warlock class's concept, theme and fantasy, AND it was an integral part of one of the class' specs, and still Blizzard did not hesitate to remove it. So why do you think saying "hunters once upon a time had Black Arrow" has any weight? What makes you think Blizzard would think twice before removing an ability that the hunter no longer possesses?

The Mount's scale might be too large.
    That's your opinion. We have toys and consumables that make the player character much bigger than it already is, sometimes doubling their size, but it still can walk past doorways.
    "Torturing someone is not an evil thing to do if it is done for good reasons" by Varodoc
    "You sit in OG/SW waiting on a Mythic+ queue" by Altmer <- Oh, the pearls in this forum...
    "They sort of did this Dragonriding, which ushered in the Dracthyr race." by Teriz <- the BS some people reach for their narratives...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ielenia View Post
    I'll repeat what I wrote, since you just repeated what you wrote without addressing what I wrote:
    Okay, but in the context of WoW, Dark Ranger Black Arrow isn't stronger than Hunter Black Arrow.

Because the engineering profession is one feature of the game that focuses and deals purely with high-end technology. The engineering profession allows to create and employs rockets and bombs (a tinker feature), it can create and pilot mechs into combat (a tinker feature), it can create and use a device that constantly deploys walking bombs (a tinker feature) and can use engineering to upgrade himself (a tinker feature).
    Except the Tinker is a hero concept, not a profession concept. None of what you mentioned is designed to accomplish class roles, and none of the Tinker's abilities exist in the Tinker class. So no, it's not the same thing as what we're saying about with Black Arrow. Black Arrow was a class ability, not an item that required mats to be crafted.

I read through your post, and nothing answered my argument: we have no "dark ranger ability kit" because the dark ranger class does not exist. The hunter class is not the dark ranger class.

Okay. One more. Still a far cry from eleven like you claim.

Way less than eleven, and no, it would not.
    So you're going to be dishonest and pretend that those HotS abilities don't exist because they're not in WoW, despite examples of classes in WoW taking abilities from that source.

Okay.

But it's not a hunter ability. It doesn't fit the class concept, theme and fantasy. Hell, metamorphosis fit the warlock class's concept, theme and fantasy, AND it was an integral part of one of the class' specs, and still Blizzard did not hesitate to remove it. So why do you think saying "hunters once upon a time had Black Arrow" has any weight? What makes you think Blizzard would think twice before removing an ability that the hunter no longer possesses?
    Vereesa isn't a Hunter? Hunters didn't have Black Arrow in their spell book for almost a decade?

I'll say it again; Black Arrow could return to the Hunter class at any point in the future. Especially since the Dark Ranger class is now off the table.

That's your opinion. We have toys and consumables that make the player character much bigger than it already is, sometimes doubling their size, but it still can walk past doorways.
    That's fine. I have no problem with players being able to pilot large mechs into battle.