Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by Razion View Post
    Why is this ridiculous? Warlocks can still backdoor entire raids in capitals right now, anyway.
    Not really though. A group of three people summoning a raid one by one is way more likely to be detected than one guy casting a 5 second teleport spell.
    It's not like the functionality to do this isn't there, it just takes longer and is more a pain in the butt for anyone who actually wants to do any kind of large mult-person activity in an MMO.
    How about you just run? WoW could also be an completely instanciated game, then you don't need teleports at all. Would be shit, though.

Why are the faction leaders even there able to be killed if they're not meant to be killed? If the capitals are really meant to not be raided and there not meant to be world PvP in any aspect - why aren't capitals then just Sanctuaries? Also, now with War Mode it seems less and less relevant to have the excuse of PvP for this, because people can opt out of War Mode now and wouldn't be camped in their own capitals anymore if that's the concern. If the concern is just for NPCs getting killed -- making the NPCs unable to be brought into combat fixes that problem as well, doesn't it? It doesn't seem to me like PvP itself is the issue here for Mass Summons, it just requires a more creative solution.
    ? That doesn't make sense at all. It's not about that PvP shouldn't be happening. But that such a spell kinda invalidates every guard and warning system for the defending city.

As for having people teleport to just anyone else in a random zone - doesn't that just encourage people to, I dunno, maybe play together or something? Doesn't that seem like a boon of people interacting with each other? Isn't it worse if players just sit silently on griffons or wyverns and just auto-path places?
    Would not happen at all. Look at how groups are formed today, they are entirely goal driven. A personal teleport would just be used to jump from WQ to WQ to save travel time, not for any social activity.
    Isn't it better if they actually get to interact with a friendly Warlock who summons them someplace and get to think, "well hey that Warlock is a cool person, maybe I'll help them out, maybe I'll tip them, maybe I'll invite them to my guild, maybe we'll do some quests together."
    Yeah, that's why Cata's mass teleport was removed. Maybe.
    Last edited by LordVargK; 2021-01-09 at 09:45 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by LordVargK View Post
    Not really though. A group of three people summoning a raid one by one is way more likely to be detected than one guy casting a 5 second teleport spell.
    In terms of Mass Summon with nameplates three people are just as visible as one person. With no nameplates it doesn't matter if there's one person there or several. Worth noting, defenders can use mass summon as well. It's not just an offense tool, it can be used for both.

How about you just run?
    Exploring for its own sake can be done at leisure still with mass summon.
    But huffing the same roads for the hundredth time wastes not only my time but the entire groups' time as well.

? That doesn't make sense at all.
    Okay. If the argument against Mass Summon is that PvP disrupts people using services like Auction House and Banking for people in capitals (valid), people first of all have War Mode to turn off to get themselves out of the fight. (This feature wasn't in place back when Mass Summon was removed.) And second of all, important NPCs like Auctioneers can be made protected so they aren't brought into fights so abuse doesn't occur. In short, people who want to PvP could, those who don't can opt out.

Would not happen at all. Look at how groups are formed today, they are entirely goal driven. A personal teleport would just be used to jump from WQ to WQ to save travel time, not for any social activity.
    I consider getting a summon from those people and doing a WQ in the vicinity of them more of a social interaction than running there alone. Might say thank you. Might make a friend. If the game is so goal driven, wouldn't it be nice to bring in more interaction like this to foster other interactions if it's so bad?

Yeah, that's why Cata's mass teleport was removed. Maybe.
    So, if the Warlock's portal is more useful and acts like Mass Summon, wouldn't it make people more appreciative of Warlocks, then? It seems more an issue they didn't bring Warlock summon up to par with Mass Summon than an issue with Mass Summon itself.

Quote Originally Posted by Soulcreep View Post
    You wouldn't believe how hard it is to get people to help open a closet via clicking on the portal. I mean, you're opening it to help THEM TOO! Sheesh.

Like, do they not see it, do all 5-20 people just assume that someone else will click it, for 2 mins while no one else does? Do they assume we drop portals for fun?

Oh, and good luck getting people to sign up for the Doom Portal!

Ok, got my Friday rant out

Carry on!

Cheers
    You could ask. Communication is a two way street. Maybe they think someone else is going to click. Maybe they are not at their computer.

Quote Originally Posted by AwkwardSquirtle View Post
    I have a macro which asks people to help when I cast it.
    And I have a macro that /yells to get in the dang circle when I cast the rogue cloak ability, to deaf ears.
    Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    Having the authority to do a thing doesn't make it just, moral, or even correct.

Quote Originally Posted by enigma77 View Post
    How delightfully wicked :P
    it is the warlock way

I think it's fair game not to click.
    Most of the time you have to ask 15 times the warlocks to put a summon stone.

Was good times with the mass teleport in Cata.
    There was The Eye of Eternity zone in Dragon Soul and the old raid in Wotlk Nexus. Used mass summon at wotlk Eye of Eternity and saw most of raid appear there. Back then many didn't know about the teleport into instance option either.

5+ Year Old Account
    I refuse to summon people for world bosses. Don't care if get kick.

Quote Originally Posted by Ihavewaffles View Post
    I refuse to summon people for world bosses. Don't care if get kick.
    I always laugh at those people demanding a port. Like, how lazy can they be?

Even better if some mage makes a portal to anywhere, some idiot clicks it and wants to be ported back. That's not how the game works, stupidity needs punishment, else people never learn to not trust mages.