Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    There's not really an afterlife that fits mages. I think that's the only class that's obviously missing a fitting afterlife.

Quote Originally Posted by A Chozo View Post
    My ideas:

1 - A covenant for the artifitialy-created life forms that somehow developed soul - the Machine Made;
    2 - A covenant for critters and abundant species that were decimated in great numbers like Murlocs;
    3 - A realm exclusively for fallen turtles. Realm of the Turtle God;
    4 - Whatever realm that used to be on the landmass that got dilacerated by the Jailer to make the Maw;
    5 - A final, really alien realm for the Devourers. Think something like Xen from Half-Life.
    Thumbs up!

Also i want
    light
    void
    Arcane
    Elemental

Quote Originally Posted by Nelinrah View Post
    There's not really an afterlife that fits mages. I think that's the only class that's obviously missing a fitting afterlife.
    I cant agree,
    Shamans
    Paladins
    Priests
    Mages
    and more seems to lack anything that fits them since there is no representation of light,void, arcane and the elements ect.
    Last edited by Thundering; 2021-01-13 at 12:51 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by rayvio View Post
    an afterlife focussed on creativity and/or madness, an amalgamation of different imaginations that makes something quite surreal
    That would be cool, reminds me of that mad god in Elder Scrolls.

I think a frozen land would be cool, where the theme was survival, and an elemental area with huge mountains, canyons and lakes and waterfalls

Quote Originally Posted by Thundering View Post
    I cant agree,
    Shamans
    Paladins
    Priests
    Mages
    and more seems to lack anything that fits them since there is no representation of light,void, arcane and the elements ect.
    Shamans fit in Ardenweald. Though not perfectly. Something with elements could be cool.

Paladins and priests are 100% Bastion. Lawful to the point of stupidity afterlife.

Quote Originally Posted by Pebrocks The Warlock View Post
    But we've already meet them, minus the Primus.
    My bad.

I meant "first ones"

7+ Year Old Account
    A long time ago in a galaxy far, far away
    Quote Originally Posted by Nelinrah View Post
    Shamans fit in Ardenweald. Though not perfectly. Something with elements could be cool.

Paladins and priests are 100% Bastion. Lawful to the point of stupidity afterlife.
    No. That is not 100% correct.

Bastion is about those that served powers greater than themselves. While this fits many Paladins, it does not fit all Paladins.
    Some Paladins may go to Maldraxus. Priests could go to Ardenweld.

So, Paladins and Priests are not 100% Bastion.
    Peace is a lie. There is only passion. Through passion I gain strength. Through strength I gain power.
    Through power I gain victory. Through victory my chains are broken. The Force shall set me free.
    –The Sith Code

A big megahive for all the insectiod races (mantid/aqir/nerubians and a bunch of other not be4 seen creatures of similar nature). Like a big antstack of spiderwebs and hives branching in all directions like a tree. A more 3 dimensional zone.
    Last edited by Aphrel; 2021-01-14 at 12:02 PM.
    None of us really changes over time. We only become more fully what we are.

All the critters killed together on a new zone with plenty of pet battles and daily/weekly quests.

7+ Year Old Account
    I'd just expand Da Other Side and make it an actual zone
    Without gnomes this time

Maybe adding a Plane for all those souls that were granted peace like that farmer who died for his family
    Or wherever Durotan ended up
    This world don't give us nothing. It be our lot to suffer... and our duty to fight back.

Quote Originally Posted by Claymore View Post
    I've genuinely been having a blast with Shadowlands, but I gotta be honest; I feel like the Covenant choices are a little boring, other than Venthyr.

I *LOVE* Bastion and Ardenweald, both are gorgeous zones! But they also feel a bit "safe". I've been particularly disappointed with how the Night Fae have been presented; I'm pretty familiar with how "the Fae" are presented in other forms of media, and I was hoping to see a more sexed-up, ultra-violent, deceitful interpretation of them. Instead, they're really just "playful little fairy tricksters".

But past expansions have shown that Blizzard often adds entirely new zones to the game, and I expect Shadowlands will do the same. I'd be surprised if we saw another Covenant choice, but honestly I would love the addition, provided it's something cool and thematically unique!

So what kind of "afterlife" would you bring to the game? And what style of Covenant would you see accompanying it?
    We have a Priest afterlife (Bastion) being angelic. We have a Druidic afterlife (Ardenweald) being nature.
    We have a Death Knight afterlife (Maldraxxus & Revendreth) being death and blood.

Then, the afterlives we are, probably, missing are:

Monk afterlife (there's, literaly, an ability called "Afterlife"). Won't have August Celestials, though.
    Shaman afterlife (ancestral spirits). Won't have Elementals, though.
    A Frosty afterlife (the only Death Knight spec not represented in the Afterlife). Though, it might be, already, represented by Northrend.
    Mage is an ambiguous one. We have Kyrians using Arcane magic but, i don't know how much Bastion represents Arcane, time or illusion magic.
    Bastion seems to encompass Paladin afterlife, as well. But, we haven't got a clue where light beings go to when they die and we see the Light helping Uther's soul reach the afterlife.

We know Ardenweald encompasses Hunter afterlife, as well.
    Demon Hunter and Warlock afterlives are the Twisting Nether/Argus.
    Monk August Celestials, probably, go to Ardenweald with the other Wild gods, so it won't be about them.
    We know Void creatures go to their own realm, like Nyalotha so there, probably, won't be a voidish afterlife.
    Maldraxxus encompasses Rogue afterlife, as there is a house of spies (eyes).
    Elementals go to the elemental planes so, there won't be an elemental afterlife.
    Maldraxxus and the Halls of Valor, already, encompass Warriors so, there won't be another Warrior afterlife.

Quote Originally Posted by Throwme View Post
    An actual Hell afterlife, with all the fire and brimstone that isn't in the Maw. Maw to me feels more like the passing between places, with the river of souls flowing through it. It doesn't feel like a place to actually spend eternity, as there isn't really a presence of "stability" like in the other zones. So a fiery themed covenant would be nice. I'm sure it won't happen, because any new covenant will cause a lot of players to switch, either because it's numerically 0.01% better or because they like the theme. Regardless of reason, a lot of people will have to catch up to this new covenant in order to regain what they had and that alone will cause issues.
    The Maw could be seen as the Warcraft equivalent of Hell. It also draws inspiration from the underworld of Greek mythology. The soul river Gorgoa is similar in concept to the rivers that flow through the Greek underworld, and the subzone Cocyrus and the [Stygia] currency are respectively named after two of said rivers: Cocytus and Styx.
    Furthering this comparison, many of the inhabitants of the Shadowlands use the Maw in a style reminiscent of mortal and real-life expletives involving Hell. e. g. "The Maw take you!"
    The fact Zovaal was banished here after doing something such that the Eternal Ones felt forced to do so is likewise comparable to the way Satan is dealt with in multiple Abrahamic traditions. Specifically the ice-like nature of Stygia and the cold themes of Desmotaeron are parallel how the last circle of Hell in Dante's Inferno is frozen over.
    The term "Maw" itself used for this hell-like realm could be a reference to the medieval Anglo-Saxon depiction of what the entrance of Hell looks like, the Hellmouth.

With Venthyr being the outlier to this and assuming the Light and void don't have a place in the Shadowlands.
    We don't have a realm to represent "Disorder"
    Night fae - Life, Nature, wild golds.
    Kyrian - Order, arcane, titans
    Necrolords - Death, necromantic, undead.

Disorder - Fel - Burning legion.
    However, it being tied to the burning legion could be problematic, least till get the "they were right all along!" storyline. haha

Quote Originally Posted by kuhntasmash View Post
    With Venthyr being the outlier to this and assuming the Light and void don't have a place in the Shadowlands.
    We don't have a realm to represent "Disorder"
    Night fae - Life, Nature, wild golds.
    Kyrian - Order, arcane, titans
    Necrolords - Death, necromantic, undead.

Disorder - Fel - Burning legion.
    However, it being tied to the burning legion could be problematic, least till get the "they were right all along!" storyline. haha
    Demons go to the Twisting Nether and Argus when they die in the physical world. Then, after being killed in their own realm, they die for good. much like a soul being killed in the Shadowlands.

10+ Year Old Account
    A land of limitless art and technology. One with limitless resources for the artists and craftsmen of the mortal world to pursue their grandest dreams. Like Minecraft. Gemstones the size of mountains, fields of vibrant flowers of unthinkable different shades that could be used as pigment, that sort of thing. There would be massive cities governed by the best tinkers, where they put the works of the Titans to shame. Skyscraper-sized statues carved with immaculate detail. Streets would be paved with individually hand-chiseled bricks, and the food served from basic street stalls would be worthy of the greatest living gourmets.

This would also be the afterlife of the collectors and traders. Ethereals and goblins would likely end up here. Trading and selling is an art form, too, and moving art from the creator to the one who would appreciate it most is a skill the realm would need. It is also home to pirates, explorers, treasure hunters, and anyone who lusted after riches.

The covenant's role in the shadowlands would be the 'refining' of anima. When a great artist puts his soul into his work, the Shadowlands would take that a bit more literally. Think of it like the dagger to Revendreth's hammer. A sculpture made by a great artist in this realm would be packed with anima, and would prove very useful to the Shadowlands as a whole. A few example Covenant abilities granted to the Maw Walker could be:

Unholy Death Knight: Superior Gargoyle. Summon a lovingly crafted gold-and marble gargoyle that deals Holy damage in an area.

Arcane Mage: Illuminated tomes. Conjure a random volume of a masterfully detailed arcane manuscript. Each one has a random and powerful effect.

Destruction Warlock: Master Summoning Stone. A grand summoning stone far beyond what mortal craftsmen could carve. Can be used by the warlock without the aid of others, and when summoned in combat opens a portal to the center of a star, dealing fire damage to all nearby enemies.

Assassination Rogue: Summons a contract killer for every combo point you have, they leap from the shadows at your target, dealing massive damage once each and leaping back to the shadows. (Paid killers and mercenaries often end up here, too, as they often view their pay as more important than mortal lives. This would be shown in the world, of course.)

Quote Originally Posted by A Chozo View Post
    2 - A covenant for critters and abundant species that were decimated in great numbers like Murlocs;
    I approve of Murladepths!

Quote Originally Posted by dope_danny View Post
    But what about elementals? i know they have the whole "die in your elemental realm you die in real life" meme but where does Ragnoros go? probably the maw. But what about all the elementals that were chained in Elementium cages and mind controlled by the twilights hammer we had to Kill kill in Cataclysm? we know shamanism and the elements have a connection to the spirits in a way druidism doesn't.
    Elementals are not living. They are simply a force of nature. Basic primal state. I think Blizzard dropped the ball with Elemental Lords in Cataclysm. They gave them personalities.
    Fire has no emotions or care for you, nor is it evil, it just does what fires do - burns. It is it's purpose and that's all there is to it. Same with all the elementals. And Ragnaros - uber fire elemental, in the end, he just did what he was meant to do - BUUUUURN.

There is chapter in those Titan books about how Aggramar found Draenor. It was planet covered in lush and ravenous vegetation ("Life"), which had elements subdued. He did some magic, got them elements into a storm and flung into the mountain. And Grond was born (in a way, Orcs are his descendants).
    It was an elemental construct.

Like skeletons in a sense - they don't need to have soul.

Something really really weird would be cool, something totally new.
    What do we have so far?
    Bastion is for those who had a strong sense of duty.
    Ardenweald is for the tree-huggers and nature-y people.
    Maldraxxus for the warriors.
    Revendreth for the just-about-redeemable assholes.

So...what's missing?
    An elemental or demon afterlife would be the obvious ones.
    Something really heavily magic-focussed could be cool, too.
    They've kind of hinted at the Light being a lot more complex than just the ultimate benevolent good, maybe a zone and story that explores that? Although it would be hard to explain why paladins don't automatically go there.

I would kind of like to see a zone that's just ordinary people who lived uneventful lives and died peacefully. Not sure how that would work story-wise, maybe that would be better as a zone you only visit for a few quests here and there. It could be an afterlife for people who just want a quiet life without fuss.

The Unstoppable Force DeltrusDisc's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    An actual Hell afterlife, with all the fire and brimstone that isn't in the Maw. Maw to me feels more like the passing between places, with the river of souls flowing through it. It doesn't feel like a place to actually spend eternity, as there isn't really a presence of "stability" like in the other zones. So a fiery themed covenant would be nice. I'm sure it won't happen, because any new covenant will cause a lot of players to switch, either because it's numerically 0.01% better or because they like the theme. Regardless of reason, a lot of people will have to catch up to this new covenant in order to regain what they had and that alone will cause issues.
    I mean, isn't Torghast KIND of that?

We don't need another Firelands. x)
    "A flower.
    Yes. Upon your return, I will gift you a beautiful flower."

"Remember. Remember... that we once lived..."

Quote Originally Posted by mmocd061d7bab8 View Post
    yeh but lava is just very hot water

You ever play Diablo 3?

If yes: Whimsyshire level is exactly it.
    If no: https://diablo.fandom.com/wiki/Whimsyshire

Quote Originally Posted by Selastan View Post
    A land of limitless art and technology. One with limitless resources for the artists and craftsmen of the mortal world to pursue their grandest dreams. Like Minecraft. Gemstones the size of mountains, fields of vibrant flowers of unthinkable different shades that could be used as pigment, that sort of thing. There would be massive cities governed by the best tinkers, where they put the works of the Titans to shame. Skyscraper-sized statues carved with immaculate detail. Streets would be paved with individually hand-chiseled bricks, and the food served from basic street stalls would be worthy of the greatest living gourmets.

This would also be the afterlife of the collectors and traders. Ethereals and goblins would likely end up here. Trading and selling is an art form, too, and moving art from the creator to the one who would appreciate it most is a skill the realm would need. It is also home to pirates, explorers, treasure hunters, and anyone who lusted after riches.

The covenant's role in the shadowlands would be the 'refining' of anima. When a great artist puts his soul into his work, the Shadowlands would take that a bit more literally. Think of it like the dagger to Revendreth's hammer. A sculpture made by a great artist in this realm would be packed with anima, and would prove very useful to the Shadowlands as a whole. A few example Covenant abilities granted to the Maw Walker could be:

Unholy Death Knight: Superior Gargoyle. Summon a lovingly crafted gold-and marble gargoyle that deals Holy damage in an area.

Arcane Mage: Illuminated tomes. Conjure a random volume of a masterfully detailed arcane manuscript. Each one has a random and powerful effect.

Destruction Warlock: Master Summoning Stone. A grand summoning stone far beyond what mortal craftsmen could carve. Can be used by the warlock without the aid of others, and when summoned in combat opens a portal to the center of a star, dealing fire damage to all nearby enemies.

Assassination Rogue: Summons a contract killer for every combo point you have, they leap from the shadows at your target, dealing massive damage once each and leaping back to the shadows. (Paid killers and mercenaries often end up here, too, as they often view their pay as more important than mortal lives. This would be shown in the world, of course.)
    I never thought about this.
    An afterlife for the professions.
    interesting concept.

Quote Originally Posted by LauraHydra1 View Post
    Something really really weird would be cool, something totally new.
    What do we have so far?
    Bastion is for those who had a strong sense of duty.
    Ardenweald is for the tree-huggers and nature-y people.
    Maldraxxus for the warriors.
    Revendreth for the just-about-redeemable assholes.

So...what's missing?
    An elemental or demon afterlife would be the obvious ones.
    Something really heavily magic-focussed could be cool, too.
    They've kind of hinted at the Light being a lot more complex than just the ultimate benevolent good, maybe a zone and story that explores that? Although it would be hard to explain why paladins don't automatically go there.

I would kind of like to see a zone that's just ordinary people who lived uneventful lives and died peacefully. Not sure how that would work story-wise, maybe that would be better as a zone you only visit for a few quests here and there. It could be an afterlife for people who just want a quiet life without fuss.
    Elementals go to the Elemental Planes and Demons go to the Twisting Nether/Argus.

So a fiery themed covenant would be nice. I'm sure it won't happen, because any new covenant will cause a lot of players to switch, either because it's numerically 0.01% better or because they like the theme. Regardless of reason, a lot of people will have to catch up to this new covenant in order to regain what they had and that alone will cause issues.
    They wouldn't need to switch at all. An idea I've been thinking they could do is say in 9.2 or something add more covenants that players can pick from. Instead of allowing players to feel like they need to swap, because of choice or meters, what they could do is give us a sub-covenant option. So for instance everyone has to pick from one of the main 4 covenants (Kyrian, Venthyr, Night Fae, Necrolord) and then we would all have a choice of a sub-covenant. You could pick any combination of them and be fine. This would allow them to add more covenants while avoiding the downsides of people feeling like they have to swap and they could lower the amount of power they provide as well.

3+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Selastan View Post

The covenant's role in the shadowlands would be the 'refining' of anima. When a great artist puts his soul into his work, the Shadowlands would take that a bit more literally. Think of it like the dagger to Revendreth's hammer. A sculpture made by a great artist in this realm would be packed with anima, and would prove very useful to the Shadowlands as a whole.
    Damn, I hope I end up somewhere like this after I die. Oh, and how about a field littered with giant canvases with paintings so detailed, you'd swear they were a portal to another world/place. Oh, and very, very accurate paintings of people
    I don't play WoW anymore smh.