Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Personally I like Torghast. There are some things I would love to see change though. For example greater integration with Ve’nari with perhaps end bosses giving some rep with her because it’s not Torghast I find terrible it’s the maw. I appreciate it’s a bit slow due to not having a permanent mount, but perhaps adding something in like if you clear both wings (any layer) you can buy a temporary mount from ve’nari for stygia to help you get around with perhaps a limited number of summons similar to the hearth she has.
    It would help the maw in general be a less frustrating place and give better incentive to run even level 1 Torghast on both wings even for minimal soul ash whilst you do the huge grind for the permanent mount as most won’t complete that quickly as it’s a huge commitment.

I main a Druid and I still enjoy every minute spent in Torghast even though I'm completely agnostic towards its rewards. In fact, it's pretty much the only content in WoW that I enjoy currently because if I fuck it up I only have myself to blame. Lately I've found myself increasingly unable to cope with the high levels of stupidity I find when attempting to complete any group content so the ability to have a solo "endgame" of sorts in a game I still genuinely enjoy playing is a Godsend.

Quote Originally Posted by schwarzkopf View Post
    I'd just like to be able to do it solo, I was hoping for something to be doing when raids and M+ runs were not around.

If they balanced it a bit better between classes - that's all I'd be asking for.
    It can be solo'd by any class or spec, just get better. Other's can do it, but you still say it's impossible. Get real?
    Give me your mage and I'll show you via discord or whatever that I clear TC L1 or normal Toghast L8.

OT: I like it very much - yesterday I went TC L7/8 with a group of 5 just because why not - it was absolutely amazing to see all those possible combinations between classes. And the best of it.. Gear doesnt matter anything in TC, at all.

10+ Year Old Account
    "Torghast should drop more rewards!"

Your argument is then about that making it a mandatory feature like the build around features were in past expansions (which technically it already is btw) but I don't think anyones wanting those more rewards to be character progression rewards, they just want more vanity rewards, more than the 4 we have.

Islands for example might have been a build around feature and pretty shit by comparison to torghast, but even they still had loads of vanity items, mounts, pets, transmog etc at launch.

I don't think torghast is boring, but it is short, short to finish every layer of every mode and get every reward and then you just have the weekly 2 layer 8 runs for soul ash left and nothing more. Torghast is fun, so I hope they do more with it than they have.

Quote Originally Posted by Bloodyleech View Post
    It can be solo'd by any class or spec
    Objectively incorrect.

Challenge Mode : Play WoW like my disability has me play:
    You will need two people, Brian MUST use the mouse for movement/looking and John MUST use the keyboard for casting, attacking, healing etc.
    Briand and John share the same goal, same intentions - but they can't talk to each other, however they can react to each other's in game activities.
    Now see how far Brian and John get in WoW.

Quote Originally Posted by schwarzkopf View Post
    Objectively incorrect.
    All those people doing it with completely different specs - you can easily look it up, but as you do not want to accept facts, this will not happen, so.. yeah, stay in your bubble, I guess, but stop telling people it's not poss, when it obviously is.

Here, for you, an Arcane Mage solo regular Torghast L8: @Ilvl 175
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V0v8-8eu0Xw
    Another one, Arcane Mage solo Twisting Corridors L8 Floor 18:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XqQsXpZIVMs
    Last edited by Bloodyleech; 2021-01-13 at 12:35 PM.

Boreghast is Boreghast best option is quit the game due to the things that are fun are very limited.

Just for fun reasons I did Coldheart with just stealthing through, ilvl 196 boomkin, beaten the last boss (650kish HP) just at the last second.
    20 min run - I like.

The one change I would like to see to Torgast is having to re-level to 8 on every new character. It is the only thing I dread on alts. I understand having to put it some work. Fine. Let me start at 4. If I open 4 then open 5 to 8. If I can complete an 8 then bam. So 2 runs instead of 8(7 if you want to razor edge here). Outside of that.. sure.. it is kind of a weekly thing I do on Tuesdays that doesn't matter a whole lot to men anymore. But that doesn't make it a bad thing. MMOs traditionally have chores and this is just one of them.

Yeah, yeah, there's always the crowd of players who doesn't understand why this game should be anything more than a masochostic nightmare.

Torghast needs two things: far better class balancing, and a better reward system. As-is, Torghast is basically an amalgamation of all of the things players have complained about for the last 10 years. Even the legendary system attached to Torghast needs at least a little bit of adjusting, because it's currently highly sensitive to "Blizzard just tweaked some numbers by 2% and invalidated 6 weeks of grinding."

Now, that reward system doesn't need to be such that Torghast is essential to min/maxing. It can be the kinds of rewards that most players can freely skip. The transmog event gives rewards but no one feels compelled to do the transmog event. The pet battling system gives rewards, and I haven't done that since the expansion it was released with. Hell, make Torghast drop cloth, ore, leather - anything that makes it worth being this expansion's centerpiece.

Quote Originally Posted by Bloodyleech View Post
    All those people doing it with completely different specs - you can easily look it up, but as you do not want to accept facts, this will not happen, so.. yeah, stay in your bubble, I guess, but stop telling people it's not poss, when it obviously is.
    Ignoring that you linked one spec, it's far harder for some specs than others, to the point that it's not fun.

Between my wife and I, we've gone through Torghast on 4 characters, and we've had 4 very different experiences (well, 6).

With our ret paladin/disc combo, TC effectively becomes a brick wall at layer 1, floor 18. This is actually a common result for any group that includes a healer, depending on the healer spec's ability to contribute to DPS. But if either of us on either of these classes goes solo, it's manageable. My ret waltzes through TC without needing to crowd control at all. Her priest has to do some fearing.

With our hunter/druid combo, TC is laughable easy. We kill the floor 18 boss within 5 GCDs, with her druid putting out literally 700,000 DPS. If she goes solo with her druid, it's a little slower than that, but still easy. My hunter is a little bit of a different story: I can kill stuff, but fuck if it is not the most agonizing experience. Later floors have pulls that turn into 20 minute dances around tar traps. I got a life to live, I can't spend 6 hours in one run of a dungeon that doesn't even have meaningful drops.

Quote Originally Posted by Grapemask View Post
    Ignoring that you linked one spec, it's far harder for some specs than others, to the point that it's not fun.

Between my wife and I, we've gone through Torghast on 4 characters, and we've had 4 very different experiences (well, 6).

With our ret paladin/disc combo, TC effectively becomes a brick wall at layer 1, floor 18. This is actually a common result for any group that includes a healer, depending on the healer spec's ability to contribute to DPS. But if either of us on either of these classes goes solo, it's manageable. My ret waltzes through TC without needing to crowd control at all. Her priest has to do some fearing.

With our hunter/druid combo, TC is laughable easy. We kill the floor 18 boss within 5 GCDs, with her druid putting out literally 700,000 DPS. If she goes solo with her druid, it's a little slower than that, but still easy. My hunter is a little bit of a different story: I can kill stuff, but fuck if it is not the most agonizing experience. Later floors have pulls that turn into 20 minute dances around tar traps. I got a life to live, I can't spend 6 hours in one run of a dungeon that doesn't even have meaningful drops.
    Linked just this spec because Schwarzkopf is playing arcane and saying that it is straight up impossible (read all his posts) to do any normal-L8 or TC-L1 or higher as arcance solo.
    I know that some specs ARE harder to play solo, but he's just completely into "I can't do it, so no one can" - which is obviously wrong.

Yesterday I went with 4 randoms into TC L7 and L8 and yeah, as Boomkin I literally carried them after Floor 12 whenever there was an elite up, while killing the endboss just with convoke - while they helped me having an easier live with the trash, which I'm really bad at handeling. Both runs I completely ignored HP or defense, meaning I was a oneshot if ANYTHING hit me - I didn't die once, thanks to the good tank. Got the +15% dps each floor-power at floor 2..

It's pretty hard to balance something around every single spec, when there is so much RNG involved imho. It's "working" and I really think that blizz will use the time now to get a better balancing with Torghast-Part-2 when it releases with 9.1 (nothing offically said, but I don't think that Torghast will always be like it is now)
    Last edited by Bloodyleech; 2021-01-13 at 03:32 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by dewd View Post
    sure no rewards. just put in guaranteed anima powers so that im not at floor 15 getting oneshot by trash running around with 30k hp and not a single survivability power.

runs are either dead halfway through or youre getting so lucky with anima powers that you almost feel sorry for the mobs because you have enough hp and the good dps powers on top.
    Yesterday I did layer 2 and 3 in like 2.5 hours. Me 194 furry warrior got completely owned by healing monk... endboss I ended up with 80k dps.. he 545k dps..the monk did more damage solo than al the other 4 players combined.

I think its need a bit more tuning :/

Other than that, I agree its good as is.

Quote Originally Posted by rayvio View Post
    I can kinda see both sides on this one. putting too much in Torghast stops it feeling like an optional and makes it feel mandatory. but right now it's the opposite extreme, you get a bit of currency that, once you've got your legendary at max rank is useless. there's a few achievements. there's some incredibly low droprate pets. and if you're lucky you get some particularly fun powers along the way. but when you kill the final boss it feels somewhat anticlimatic to get what essentially amounts to an "IOU x% of a legendary upgrade next patch"
    I don't think putting raid level items in there would be a good idea, but what about BoA items to get alts geared up a little quicker, or rep tokens for one of the factions, maybe some transmogs? all those items no longer obtainable, why not throw them as rare drops in Torghast? at least a few random greens or bits of cloth. it's not like we're in danger of getting our bags full in there with maybe 3 grey items in a whole run
    To be fair, there was no reason not to throw some kind of gear reward onto Torghast runs, the gear was there nearly all of alpha/beta testing and just disappeared without it being mentioned. It doesn't have to be comparable gear to say raids or M+, but I think it would be acceptable to give like 190-197 gear for clearing layer 8(obviously weekly lockout) similarly to how the gear rewards were in Visions.
    Quote Originally Posted by scarecrowz View Post
    Trust me.

Zyky is better than you.

WoW players are inherently incapable of thinking for themselves when it comes to shit like this. If it's optional, they'll still be mad about not being able to handle it. If it's needed for progression, they'll be mad about being FORCED into doing it.

There's no winning. Let people whine, I hope Blizzard sticks to their guns and keeps Twisting Corridors as is.

Quote Originally Posted by Jonnusthegreat View Post
    It's fine - I just wish it was actually optional. Too much power involved in the movement speed buff it gives. Love the challenge, but I see people that are unable to do it and feel their pain when they get wrecked by pvp trains that could do it.
    Lol.... I wish that old raids were optional too, sucks that they aren't. Too much power involved in having cool mounts. Oh well.

Quote Originally Posted by Queen of Hamsters View Post
    WoW players are inherently incapable of thinking for themselves when it comes to shit like this. If it's optional, they'll still be mad about not being able to handle it. If it's needed for progression, they'll be mad about being FORCED into doing it.

There's no winning. Let people whine, I hope Blizzard sticks to their guns and keeps Twisting Corridors as is.
    That's just exactly how it is, completely agreeing with you.

What I find funny, too, is:
    Some say that the mount from TC L8 is required to play in the maw. When in reality, the mount will just be a 20 to 30% daily speedincrease (instead of 25 minutes, hey, you only need 20!). The time you need to even unlock the mount is soooo high! If you are good, you take 1h, but lets just stay the standard is 1:30h/Layer. 12 hours to get the mount, while it only increases your speed by 5 minutes (obviously depending on where the dailies are - near teleports or not). You'd need 144 days of doing maw runs to START getting the time investment for the mount back. This does NOT include failed runs, at all.
    Those people just aren't able to think forward. They just say "maw sux, need mount" but completely forget what it takes to even get it.

10+ Year Old Account
    The one thing i'd like to see is a change to make actually torghast "builds" somewhat possible

something like you get a choice of like 3 abilitys and you get a MUCH higher chance to get additional powers that buff that first selected one.

For exsample for Warrior your first power (at the entrance) gives you
    Execute
    Whirlwind
    Rampage

you pick whirlwind -> now you have like a 50% chance to get a whirlwind power choice everytime.

edit: Whirlwind is probably a bad exsample as its so spamable but you get the idea

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Agree with OP. Torghast is fun for some, lame for others, and best of all, optional - especially once you get all the ash for your legendary. They made it reward tame stuff (a mount! ooooh) so that no freak feels FoOoRcEd to do it.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Thundering View Post
    Boreghast is Boreghast best option is quit the game due to the things that are fun are very limited.
    Also this. Y'all that are disappointed keep subbing, so Blizzard will keep pumping out content that you dislike. Best way to voice your opinion is to unsub and fuck off to some actually fun game.

15+ Year Old Account
    Now that i have my rank 4, why even do it till next patch? Soul ash will likely be like residuum where they either wipe it every patch or make future upgrades cost so much theres no reason to farm it.