Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    blizzard doing what they do everytime :

"heh ! let push those button, put this in game randomly and let see what happens"

lol

so basicly, fuck those new power who give you nothing, just go with power for yourself and you'll be fine, dont waste your time on the new power

15+ Year Old Account
    What this is good for is low geared or weak specs if you can get the tank pet, beef him up or even have him explode when he loses health so you end up with a tank exploding in aoe on a small cd before he resses back up.

Quote Originally Posted by Naoto View Post
    What this is good for is low geared or weak specs if you can get the tank pet, beef him up or even have him explode when he loses health so you end up with a tank exploding in aoe on a small cd before he resses back up.
    I’m glad I picked the cold heart wand thing that does 50% hp damage and got 3 of the “35% more damage to feared targets” (for 105% extra damage). Walked up and 1 shot the 890k hp boss with my holy priest. That dog wouldn’t have done much with my 1.7k smite. (Not an exaggeration literal 1 fear + swp kill)

Scarab Lord
    15+ Year Old Account
    After trying it out I learnt to steer clear of it at the beginning of every new run. It soaks up power-spots that could benefit me instead and it scales horribly with the ones you give it. Pumping this npc up doesn't make you a beast while the equivalent powers into your character actually will.

Only one viable is the one that grants 10sec bloodlusts every pull - but your starting power alternatives have to be especially bad to make up for all the beastpowers you're gonna have show up from having that thing tag along.
    Last edited by Tiwack; 2021-01-13 at 07:16 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by rayvio View Post
    personally I feel it would've been better to have it in Twisted Corridors since then you at least gather enough anima powers over the run that it would likely make a more noticeable difference to the pet, even if you also pick enough powers to buff yourself as well.
    This is exactly why it’s not available in TC. Would have helped too much in the long run and probably made it a little less boring.

Better keep it useless, Blizzard style.

LMAO this is hilarious, did blizzrd fire all the testers? Im speechless...

Is anyone genuinely excited by World of Torghast? It is the most boring dungeon grinding experience of warcraft so far. Three runs was enough to convince me I have no interest in WoW end game any more.

lolol. Garbage addition to a dumpster fire content. I thought this is the worst xpac since WoD. I was wrong, WoD was much better.

Quote Originally Posted by Ardourdan View Post
    Is anyone genuinely excited by World of Torghast? It is the most boring dungeon grinding experience of warcraft so far.
    Yes, I am. I like it a lot.

Three runs was enough to convince me I have no interest in WoW end game any more.
    That's really weird if you consider Torghast the endgame. It's max level content, but nowhere near the endgame
    I have enough of EA ruining great franchises and studios, forcing DRM and Origin on their games, releasing incomplete games only to sell day-1 DLCs or spill dozens of DLCs, and then saying it, and microtransactions, is what players want, stopping players from giving EA games poor reviews, as well as deflecting complaints with cheap PR tricks.

I'm not going to buy any game by EA as long as they continue those practices.

it a stupid event lol

blizzard want us to choose between a random beast event and our power boost ? lol... !

if the event was a bonus to your power , it would be fine, but asked us to decide between event buff or our buff is stupid af

Wow, they need to tenfold the damage of the beasts to be in any way competitive. Even with 2 100% damage increases it did 1200dps at the end boss, with me at 36000 (and without the wasted beast anima powers it would have been better).

At least it's optional, so you don't have to choose a pet and you don't have ro waste anima powers there.

Quote Originally Posted by procne View Post
    That's really weird if you consider Torghast the endgame. It's max level content, but nowhere near the endgame

That's really weird if you consider Torghast content.

The number one issue with it is that there is no reason to build differently, ever. You're flat out always building towards the same thing and either hit 100% of your ideal build or some diminished version of it.

I have lost on floor 17 because there is a chance I get there with like 60k HPs and low dps, run it again and I crush it with over 2.5 million hitpoints and 1 shot every mob including elites and door bosses.

It's too slow for the amount of variance there is, and then the variety within that variance is flat out limiting because of how abilities scale or do not, synergize or do not.

A roguelike (this is not) would give you power gains every time you run it, and give you reasons to try different things. Maybe that one talent you never pick because it's awful "gets good" if you scale it up, or you unlock some other power if you complete a run X number of times with it.

It's the same as island expeditions and warfronts. there was so much potential to make it into something decent that was basically neglected. I see no difference with twisting, right now.

Explain to me why anyone would run whatever layer of twisting once they've already beaten it? Even islands eventually had a progression element (added in way later) to it, and warfronts had the unique tmog carrot.

I dunno, I play one of the OP combos (brewmaster necrolord) and the power I have compared to 3 or 4 other combos I play / played with is ridiculous. For example other monks get the same core set but brewmaster gets mega hitpoint scaling which means fleshcraft bomb = 1shot all bosses.

My kyrian priest is flat out not fun to play, nothing synergizes powerfully, and I even timed it once: the time it took me to solo floor 4 to 6 was MORE time than leaving the dungeon, and starting with a group to do 1 to 6.

And now they're drip feeding "special content" that should flat out always be in torghast for those who choose to use it. Limited time "themed" abilities that interrupt other powers? Ehhhh how about just add those powers in as options for when you get "+phantasma, mawrat harness, +ability that sucks" as a guaranteed 4th choice.

And again, this wouldn't be an issue if you could hedge the RNG via a roguelike mechanic where you actually increase your power slowly the more you do torghast.

The fact that I love roguelikes and have basically 0 incentive to do torghast is a huge missed opportunity in my mind. I'd support torghast having entirely its own progression system: start naked with 0 abilities and 0 gear, and slowly get more gear.

Heck, the kyrian "get gear and fight bosses" setup has more longevity / progression than torghast.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Puri View Post
    Wow, they need to tenfold the damage of the beasts to be in any way competitive. Even with 2 100% damage increases it did 1200dps at the end boss, with me at 36000 (and without the wasted beast anima powers it would have been better).

At least it's optional, so you don't have to choose a pet and you don't have ro waste anima powers there.
    The saddest part is for some spec/covenant combos the beasts are actually upgrades / best choices a lot of the time. That's how bad the balance of torghast is.

Other spec/cov you need literally 6-7 specific drops and you can oneshot every mob without taking damage. Derp.
    Last edited by frott; 2021-01-13 at 04:51 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by frott View Post
    That's really weird if you consider Torghast content.
    Why so? It's just another thing you can do. Like pet battles, achievements, brawler's guild or seasonal events
    The number one issue with it is that there is no reason to build differently, ever. You're flat out always building towards the same thing and either hit 100% of your ideal build or some diminished version of it.
    That's where randomness kicks in. You can't always have the perfect build and most often have to roll with what you got. I had several runs where most of my dps came from different abilities, and sometimes I had to approach battles differently
    Explain to me why anyone would run whatever layer of twisting once they've already beaten it? Even islands eventually had a progression element (added in way later) to it, and warfronts had the unique tmog carrot.
    I can imagine that people, who cleared all 8 layers of TC within a week have enough of it. I'm not there yet, but probably I sometimes will do that once I'm done. Although before that happens I will probably have alts starting with it too, so I'll do it on them again and again.
    Oh, you asked why. For fun.

I get it, it's very unbalanced. So what. The difficulty of aquiring ash from layer 8 is so low that even specs which have it the hardest can easily get their ash every week. And even if they wouldn't they could get only slightly less per week. Not the end of the world. Torghast is not endgame content. It's not competitive. Just embrace the fact not everyone has to have equally easy. When I want a challenge I'll jump to a spec which has it hard. If you don't like it just don't do it.
    I have enough of EA ruining great franchises and studios, forcing DRM and Origin on their games, releasing incomplete games only to sell day-1 DLCs or spill dozens of DLCs, and then saying it, and microtransactions, is what players want, stopping players from giving EA games poor reviews, as well as deflecting complaints with cheap PR tricks.

I'm not going to buy any game by EA as long as they continue those practices.

Devs are going to give Shadowlands the WoD treatment, calling it now. They will see the disdain from a lot of the playerbase and abandon further development and put most of their effort into the next one. Cutting the story off with a butcher cleaver and giving some resolution to the story that makes little to no sense at all. Most likely being Sylvanas is redeemed and all the night elves love her and everyone claps, just like they did for Grom in WoD.

Quote Originally Posted by procne View Post
    Why so? It's just another thing you can do. Like pet battles, achievements, brawler's guild or seasonal events
    That's where randomness kicks in. You can't always have the perfect build and most often have to roll with what you got. I had several runs where most of my dps came from different abilities, and sometimes I had to approach battles differently
    I can imagine that people, who cleared all 8 layers of TC within a week have enough of it. I'm not there yet, but probably I sometimes will do that once I'm done. Although before that happens I will probably have alts starting with it too, so I'll do it on them again and again.
    Oh, you asked why. For fun.
    I guess overall the idea that content is "just something you can do" and mediocre cut and paste is ok because you do it "for fun" is why Torghast exists how it exists. Shrug.

I get it, it's very unbalanced. So what.
    That means it's a very different experience for each player, in other words, different classes arbitrarily get "less fun" for no real reason. A kyrian holy priest has a very different experience than a brewmaster necrolord. Some combos couldn't even mathematically beat bosses with any ability combination until they were tweaked.

The difficulty of aquiring ash from layer 8 is so low that even specs which have it the hardest can easily get their ash every week. And even if they wouldn't they could get only slightly less per week. Not the end of the world. Torghast is not endgame content. It's not competitive. Just embrace the fact not everyone has to have equally easy. When I want a challenge I'll jump to a spec which has it hard. If you don't like it just don't do it.
    It isn't difficulty, it is tedium. One combo beats it without even stopping movement and 1 shotting everything. Another one squeaks by barely with each mob taking a long time to kill and boss fights lasting a few minutes, not a few seconds.

You keep saying it's not "endgame content" but it is quite literally endgame content for people who don't do anything else. The best item some non-zero amount of people will get in the game is their maxed legendary.

I did enough torghast to have enough ash to max my legendary (a few weeks ago) and will never bother doing it again on that character. I was lucky enough to have a character that could trivially clear 8 without it taking hours before they nerfed it to be equivalent to 6. Guess a lot of people weren't having fun slogging through 8, huh?

The point was that there's no reason for alts to do TC aside from the wrenched in campaign bit... again, aside from "it's fun." I'm not sure what anyone is supposed to do with that information. You enjoy a pointless, non-progression driven timewaste? Great! Lucky you, you're in for a real treat with torghast, I guess!

Defending that pointless, non-progression driven timewaste as "good" is as arbitrary as me saying it isn't... the difference is, my criticism leads to the INEVITABLE changes that will happen (especially when the ad populum fallacy has spoken and "most people" think it's boring and underdeveloped) where yours basically implies "whatever, I like it so I don't care."

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by EyelessCrow View Post
    Devs are going to give Shadowlands the WoD treatment, calling it now. They will see the disdain from a lot of the playerbase and abandon further development and put most of their effort into the next one. Cutting the story off with a butcher cleaver and giving some resolution to the story that makes little to no sense at all. Most likely being Sylvanas is redeemed and all the night elves love her and everyone claps, just like they did for Grom in WoD.
    I mean it's like they spent 100% of their efforts beating the dead azerite traits horse in BFA that they forgot to make a compelling ending, and they left THREE decent systems to twist in the wind: islands, warfronts and the memories all were pretty nifty premises that they could have built on.

Instead they kept... drumroll... warmode aka "i have to be in this mode to maximize pve" and added in torghast which... uhhhh... apparently caters to the same people who thought island expeditions 1.0 were "fun"

and somehow exponentially doubled down on imbalance in the game by pretending it is worth the effort to not only balance classes and specs in torghast, but also covenant abilities on top of that for each class/spec combo?

The plot itself is whatever they cook up. Just sylvanas having even a moment of pause from a few words from anduin when she's literally IN THE DEATH REALM WORKING FOR THE JAILER is so hilariously bad that, basically, who cares where it goes? The characters gain borrowed power or they don't, they redeem themselves or they don't, they die a martyr/hero/villian or live on. They get retconned or excused or they don't. If you made an RNG generator with all those switches/concepts and ran it until every possibility happened, one of them would be correct. People getting upset because parts of it don't line up, seem off, etc, haven't been playing the same game. The external media alone tramples and recharacterizes so much that I don't think the ingame story can do much more harm, than, you know, burning stormwind down with a single torch

Quote Originally Posted by oplawlz View Post
    You get at minimum 1700g a day just from callings. If you feel like you need to buy tokens to make gold maybe mmos just aren't for you.
    The base items for later ranks are going for like 250Kg. So, you want me to do 200 callings to get the gold?

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by rrayy View Post
    The base items for later ranks are going for like 250Kg. So, you want me to do 200 callings to get the gold?
    What messed up server do you play on that the rank 4 base items are still going for 250k? My server they are 60k. Which is reasonable.
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by rrayy View Post
    What? The Undermine Journal shows 235 Legendary base items as typically being less than 50,000g. This is an amount you can farm within a few hours as an herbalist or miner.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by rhorle View Post
    What messed up server do you play on that the rank 4 base items are still going for 250k? My server they are 60k. Which is reasonable.
    Obviously he's stuck in a time loop where AH prices are perpetually as they were the first week of December.
    Sylvanas didn't even win the popular vote, she was elected by an indirect election of representatives. #NotMyWarchief

10+ Year Old Account
    What's with all these new-ish, pictureless profiles complaining in every news thread? Riot sending out some interns to shit on competition for their new MMO or what lol

Quote Originally Posted by Oneirophobia View Post
    What's with all these new-ish, pictureless profiles complaining in every news thread? Riot sending out some interns to shit on competition for their new MMO or what lol
    Been here longer than you have. Thinking Blizzard is beyond reproach just makes you a white knight and it's a bad look.

Quote Originally Posted by det View Post
    Yeah I wonder. It really is amazing.

Literally anything that is in the game gets pissed on. But hey...we have both been here long enough. It isn't new. But why the hell are those people not playing all the other awesome games? And even if they are...should they be so awesome they don't even think about coming here and QQ?
    You're just being hyperbolic, and you have the same mindset as the other poster. Blizzard can do no wrong and if you criticize you're pissing on "literally anything that is in the game" and if you like another game they are "so awesome" that nothing else in the gaming world exists.
    Last edited by EyelessCrow; 2021-01-13 at 07:36 PM.