10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    https://www.thestate.com/news/politi...248445260.html

Pretty good read on how the Republican party has become the party of Trump who will turn on any Republican who dares question Trump or his actions.

There is no saving the Republican party.
    The GOP have created a monster and they are no longer in control of it.

3+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by wunksta View Post
    I was thinking the same. It is only a matter of time before “it” realizes trump and Republicans don’t actually care for what they want. As GOP only cares for votes.

The monster well eventually vote them out and vote in the same of its kind. Which it already has.

They never had control of it. There were a handful of people at the beginning who were hesitant and naive and stupid and thought they could control it, realized "nope" and left years ago, then everyone who remained, every single one, who remained, "ehhhh ok we don't really care about actually anything except for what trump wants, even if he contradicts himself like he often does, whatever he wants we want" gave him full control, and a handful of them are regretting going all in, but all in they went, and all in they'll be till trump eventually dies from whatever.

Quote Originally Posted by beanman12345 View Post
    They never had control of it. There were a handful of people at the beginning who were hesitant and naive and stupid and thought they could control it, realized "nope" and left years ago, then everyone who remained, every single one, who remained, "ehhhh ok we don't really care about actually anything except for what trump wants, even if he contradicts himself like he often does, whatever he wants we want" gave him full control, and a handful of them are regretting going all in, but all in they went, and all in they'll be till trump eventually dies from whatever.
    Stop acting like this is a Trump thing. It wont die with Trump since its been building up long before him.

- - - Updated - - -

https://www.thestate.com/news/politi...248445260.html

Pretty good read on how the Republican party has become the party of Trump who will turn on any Republican who dares question Trump or his actions.

There is no saving the Republican party.
    You'll need to forgive me if I feel no sympathy because I have a very simple question for anyone who is "Surprised" at what has become of the GOP.

What did these people support the GOP for prior to Trump? Because their policies and practicies have been horrible at its worst and stupid at its best for decades.
    World needs more Goblin Warriors https://i.imgur.com/WKs8aJA.jpg

10+ Year Old Account
    Обединени социалистически щати на Америка
    Quote Originally Posted by Toppy View Post
    Stop acting like this is a Trump thing. It wont die with Trump since its been building up long before him.

- - - Updated - - -

You'll need to forgive me if I feel no sympathy because I have a very simple question for anyone who is "Surprised" at what has become of the GOP.

What did these people support the GOP for prior to Trump? Because their policies and practicies have been horrible at its worst and stupid at its best for decades.
    Bush managed to do a lot more damage to the world than Trump could even dream off. And I doubt even Bush is the bottom of the barrel. You could get somebody like Trump who would actually know how to get shit done.. a smart version, so to speak

Quote Originally Posted by Toppy View Post

- - - Updated - - -

I'm not acting like shit, misinterpreting my words.

It won't die with trump, just like it didn't die with Reagan, it'll just keep going downwards projectory. But they'll continue to swear fealty to their god king til he dies, and praise him long after he dies, just like they did with Reagan, till someone even worse then trump comes along and they swear all fealty to him.

Quote Originally Posted by muto View Post
    And the death rate is still 1-2%. It’s not that deadly.
    The seasonal flu infects somewhere between 9-45 million on an average year. Average deaths is about 12-61,000 since 2010. Not even a full year into Covid since the first death, and we have over 6 times roughly, the deaths of the highest year since 2010, and it isn't that deadly?

The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account
    Ironically, Graham was the one who initially (or at least publicly) called it back in 2016. Imagine all the showers Breccia would have missed had they just listened....

Quote Originally Posted by postman1782 View Post
    The seasonal flu infects somewhere between 9-45 million on an average year. Average deaths is about 12-61,000 since 2010. Not even a full year into Covid since the first death, and we have over 6 times roughly, the deaths of the highest year since 2010, and it isn't that deadly?
    Before it got remotely as bad as it is now, it was the 3rd leading cause of death in the US. The deaths per day since then have almost quadrupled. It's currently the leading cause of death in the US.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rudol Von Stroheim View Post
    I do not need to play the role of "holier than thou". I'm above that..

Quote Originally Posted by Ripster42 View Post
    Before it got remotely as bad as it is now, it was the 3rd leading cause of death in the US. The deaths per day since then have almost quadrupled. It's currently the leading cause of death in the US.
    Yep, over 4k deaths a day, is fucking ridiculous.

https://www.buzzfeednews.com/article...a-insurrection

When you're too busy focusing on your social media clout to successfully stage a revolution. Y'all Qeda should know better than to use liberal social media, they should stick with OnlyKlans.

When you're too busy focusing on your social media clout to successfully stage a revolution. Y'all Qeda should know better than to use liberal social media, they should stick with OnlyKlans.
    https://www.buzzfeednews.com/article...site-epik-down

Was looking at your post here, I read it, then noticed this link at the bottom, and I hope it fucking stays down. Oath Keepers are just another domestic terrorist organization that has been doing this shit, helping morons like the Bundys in both of their standoffs and going armed, helping other right wingers at their hate rallies alongside the Proud Boys and Patriot Prayer domestic terrorists.

Quote Originally Posted by Eggroll View Post
    Wow, I hope the orange idiot is proud of himself..
    That depends, how are the TV ratings?

https://www.buzzfeednews.com/article...site-epik-down

Was looking at your post here, I read it, then noticed this link at the bottom, and I hope it fucking stays down. Oath Keepers are just another domestic terrorist organization that has been doing this shit, helping morons like the Bundys in both of their standoffs and going armed, helping other right wingers at their hate rallies alongside the Proud Boys and Patriot Prayer domestic terrorists.
    “Stewart is not very happy because this is something we paid for,” Jim Arroyo, president of the Oath Keepers Arizona chapter, told BuzzFeed News.
    Damn those contract stipulations saying that you can't use their web hosting services to plan and carry out violent attacks.

- - - Updated - - -

https://www.thedailybeast.com/maga-f...s-say?ref=home

Two men who were arrested for allegedly bringing an AR-15 and a samurai sword to a Philadelphia vote-count center in November face a motion to have their bail revoked after prosecutors accused them of participating in the Jan. 6 riot at the nation’s Capitol.

Antonio Lamotta and Joshua Macias were first arrested on November 5, after they allegedly drove from Virginia to Philadelphia in a Hummer festooned with a QAnon decal. The men, who allegedly brought a rifle, ammunition, and a sword with them, were vocal proponents of conspiracy theories that falsely claim President-elect Joe Biden cheated to win the election.

They left jail last month after each posted 10 percent of a $750,000 bail.

But prosecutors filed to revoke LaMotta’s bail on Tuesday, as the Philadelphia Inquirer first reported. The filing alleged that not only did the pair travel to the deadly Jan. 6 rally, but that Macias even gave a speech as rioters stormed the building.
    Maybe stop granting bail to violent, conspiracy believing cultists?

Quote Originally Posted by Dhrizzle View Post
    That depends, how are the TV ratings?
    Still waiting for the final numbers to come in, but so far they are very bigly.
    “Leadership: Whatever happens, you’re responsible. If it doesn’t happen, you’re responsible.” -- Donald J. Trump, 2013

"I don't take responsibility at all."
    -- Donald J. Trump, 2020

And this is WITH (some) people being safe by washing hands, wearing masks, socially distancing etc. I always have to laugh at the hypocrisy of people who downplay covid when they were the same ones up in arms about the Benghazi deaths for 10 years. Hell, more people probably died to Covid than the Benghazi siege in the time it took me to write this message. Hmm, now that I think of it, some of the same people who were upset about a FOREIGN takeover of an embassy are the ones cheering a DOMESTIC siege of OUR Capitol by OWN OUR PEOPLE. I don't even think it's inconsistent outrage. I think it's manufactured outrage in a "my side vs all other sides" deal and the content of the argument doesn't matter as long as it's just something to bitch about the other side doing.

https://www.commondreams.org/news/20...hite-supremacy

Before being booed on the House floor, Bush said, "If we fail to remove a white supremacist president who incited a white supremacist insurrection, it's communities like Missouri's 1st District that suffer the most. The 117th Congress must understand that we have a mandate to legislate in defense of black lives."

"The first step in that process," Bush continued, "is to root out white supremacy, starting with impeaching the white supremacist-in-chief."

Republicans responded harshly with boos and loud moans, leading Bush to question the underlying significance of the GOP lawmakers' outrage.

"What does it mean when they boo the Black congresswoman denouncing white supremacy?" Bush tweeted moments later.

The Democratic lawmaker—a nurse and activist who participated in Black Lives Matter demonstrations in Ferguson following the police killing of Michael Brown in 2014—is a proponent of Medicare for All, the Green New Deal, and criminal justice reform, progressive policies that would reduce racial and economic inequality.
    I mean... i think they're making it clear who they are.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Themius View Post
    https://www.commondreams.org/news/20...hite-supremacy

I mean... i think they're making it clear who they are.
    And I'll repeat; there is a demographic divide along racial lines in the USA. That line is the result of systemic racism (at least), which is a clear legacy of a long history of overt white supremacy in the USA; black Americans only became equal citizens within living memory, for crissakes. That's not debatable; that's an obvious fact.

And if you support the status quo and oppose redressing that divide, you're supporting the continued subjugation of black Americans and the privilege of white Americans in return. That makes you a white supremacist. That's all it takes. I don't give a single shit if anyone feels that's unfair or that they have good reasons for opposing that redress; those feelings are expressions of white supremacy. The loss of privilege feels "unfair". But it isn't. The system is currently unfair, and that's what you're supporting; that continued unfairness.

That means you're a white supremacist. Literally what the word means. Doesn't matter if you're polite enough about it to never use a racial slur. Doesn't matter if you "have black friends". I don't care what your excuses are, I care about the views you espouse and what they actually are, in context.

The idea that white supremacy is nearly extinct in the USA is, frankly, a lie. It's just not as overtly ugly as it once was. It's still threaded throughout American culture and society at a very fundamental level.

Man that was a really bad take by that guy.

But it was also quickly apparent that this was a very dumb coup. A coup with no plot, no end to achieve, no plan but to pose. Thousands invaded the highest centers of power, and the first thing they did was take selfies and videos. They were making content as spoils to take back to the digital empires where they dwell, where that content is currency.
    Some of them were idiots. Others had a plan.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rudol Von Stroheim View Post
    I do not need to play the role of "holier than thou". I'm above that..

The news mentioned this a little while ago and this is the only article I can find about it.

https://arkvalleyvoice.com/reports-s...issance-tours/

According to Sherrill, some members of Congress led groups of people through the Capitol Building on a “reconnaissance” tour one day before the riot that laid a deadly siege on the government’s legislative branch. The news has shocked her and her fellow legislators.