Page 1 of 2
LastLast

EA's time is coming to an end!

Well, it seems Disney has decided that EA will no longer be the exclusive maker of SW games.

https://arstechnica.com/gaming/2021/...t%20of%202023.

Of course, it's unsure how all that is working out on the back side but I think it's a good thing.

It seems disney is "Altering the deal"... while EA is not out of the picture yet (2023 from the initial contract), it makes me wonder what direction SWTOR will go.
    Last edited by quras; 2021-01-13 at 09:10 PM.

Pit Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    considering there hasnt been a good SW game since the OG BF2 this sounds lovely

its a shame the first studio outside of an ea one is ubisoft. my expectations have not changed in the slightest yet.

From EA to Ubisoft.

Not sure how I even feel about this. I GUESS it's an improvement? But I can't help feeling like we got cured of cancer and got AIDS.

Yea, it's Ubisoft but I give them more credit than EA.

At this point, a number of companies could tackle the SW universe and make a game. Getting it out from under EA solely and opening it to so many other companies, I've got to believe is a good thing.

However, I do wonder what swtor will need to do and how will it change as this deal goes through.

Quote Originally Posted by quras View Post
    Yea, it's Ubisoft but I give them more credit than EA.

At this point, a number of companies could tackle the SW universe and make a game. Getting it out from under EA solely and opening it to so many other companies, I've got to believe is a good thing.

However, I do wonder what swtor will need to do and how will it change as this deal goes through.
    Why do you think this affects swtor in the slightest?

Quote Originally Posted by ZazuuPriest View Post
    Fallen Order was pretty good if you could get past the clunky animations.

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    Kinda salty that Lucas Arts is gone, because that studio made so many great games in its day. EA should have had its contract destroyed years ago.

7+ Year Old Account
    Fallen Order wasn't good?
    Sometimes, the light of the moon is a key to other spaces. I've found a place where, for a night or two, the streets curve in unfamiliar ways. If I walk here, I might find insight, or I might be touched by madness.

Quote Originally Posted by Makabreska View Post
    Fallen Order wasn't good?
    Fallen Order was from Respawn Games (under EA flag)

10+ Year Old Account
    Well maybe we will now get a Battlefront 3. One that does work like the old game (not the EA crap).

10+ Year Old Account
    Battlefront 2 (minus the lootbox fiasco), Fallen Order and Squadrons were all good games. So I'm not sure why people are like 'at last Stars is FREE!'

Massive is making the Ubi game, and they're the people who bungled Division 1 and 2. So I'm reserving my optimism for now.
    Appreciate your time with friends and family while they're here. Don't wait until they're gone to tell them what they mean to you.

Quote Originally Posted by Yunru View Post
    Well maybe we will now get a Battlefront 3. One that does work like the old game (not the EA crap).
    What is your avatar?
    Quote Originally Posted by Varitok View Post
    No, she is my waifu. Stop posting and delete this thread immediately.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ophenia View Post
    Voted Baine because... Well, Baine. Total nonsensical character, looks like World War II Italy, nobody really understands what role he's supposed to fill, not even himself

Let Respawn make Fallen Order 2
    Let Capcom make Resident Sith
    Let From Software make Jedi Souls
    Let Naughty Dog make The Last of (the) Sith
    Let Nintendo make Baby Yoda Odyssey
    Let Intelligent Systems make Mandolorian Emblem
    Let Larian make Divinity: Original Jedi
    Let Team Cherry make Hollow Jedi Knight
    Let Kojima make Metal Gear Darth
    Let Team Ninja make Ewok Gaiden
    Let Obsidian make KOTOR 3

Quote Originally Posted by Biomega View Post
    From EA to Ubisoft.

Not sure how I even feel about this. I GUESS it's an improvement? But I can't help feeling like we got cured of cancer and got AIDS.
    cmon...ubisoft is pretty good,give me a star wars game like the recent rpg assasins creeds and it will be a huge hit

You did not like fallen order?

Awsome signature and avatar made by Kuragalolz

3+ Year Old Account
    Dos this me SWTOR just be run by Lucasfilm/whatever company it is?
    I don't play WoW anymore smh.

Quote Originally Posted by Maxrokur View Post
    What is your avatar?
    Looks like octopath traveler to me.

SWToR was great - totally worth the initial investment + monthly sub until story was finished. Never got into the MMO aspect of it, but still worth a play.

Quote Originally Posted by quras View Post
    It seems disney is "Altering the deal"... while EA is not out of the picture yet (2023 from the initial contract), it makes me wonder what direction SWTOR will go.
    I don't think any changes to the contract are needed. The Ubisoft game won't be out before 2023 anyway. And remember, it's just an end to exclusivity. Not an end to the working relationship with EA. They didn't have exclusivity when SWTOR launched. It really shouldn't change anything.