Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by bledgor View Post
    Every show I feel like they have a character that knows some obscure as fuck knowledge that is necessary to know in that moment at that moment. "Well it was in fact Pharaoh Hat-har in 3180 BC that discovered if you take a light and bring about the curvature of the lines to a 37 degree incline at the height of noon on the winter equinox it would give you the latitude of the southern hemispheres triangular function resulting in a cross equation given us the number 47128, that is the passcode to the vault!"
    The unrealistic thing about that is that those people are trudging away in their jobs cleaning toilets instead of cleaning the fuck up on Jeopardy.

"I'll take...you know what? Fuck it. You pick, Alex. Any topic. Any value. I got this. "

RIP Alex Trebek.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by eschatological View Post
    I think the biggest thing that annoys me are people who keep secrets about shit that obviously needs to be known by other characters.

Like, lack of basic human communication.....sometimes between characters who supposedly love and care for each other......is the laziest way to create drama among characters who otherwise like each other. "How could you keep this secret from me! Can I even trust you anymore?!?" Goddamn, it angers me.
    Fiance walks in on her boyfriend standing behind her mother as he is helping her up.

Mom and boyfriend freeze and gasp. Boyfriend fumbles and yells "ITS NOT WHAT IT LOOKS LIKE!"

Woman is angry and storms off without a word. Maybe you get a "HOW COULD YOU!?!" with a door slam.

No one bothers to explain the situation or discuss how irrational it was to immeditaly jump to the worst possible conclusion. Instead the boyfriend must now make it up to his fiance.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Egomaniac View Post
    That's not unrealistic.

Eavesdropping is a thing that happens. It happens so often that we even have a word to describe the phenomenon.

What is somewhat unrealistic is when the two people know that the third person is in the house somewhere and they decided to have a loud conversation about them anyway.

But just stopping and listening to a conversation when the other people don't know you're there? That's happens all the time. I do that. I'm pretty sure you have as well.
    I've witnessed this a lot.

Resident Cosplay Progressive

Quote Originally Posted by PACOX View Post

I've witnessed this a lot.
    Sure, I've seen it happen with meaningless things like "Did you see that dress she's wearing?"

But I've never seen it with shit like "I think she's beginning to suspect something. She can never find out what we did to her brother" two seconds after she gets up to go to the bathroom. Shit like that tends to wait until the person has actually left.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Pebbleton View Post
    Ending a conversation with a clear-cut sentence and walking away while the other one looks stunned in disbelief.

- - - Updated - - -

Lord Pebbleton doesn't like when people speak in 3rd person. He finds it very weird

Lol yes exactly so awkward when people do that.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Stormcall View Post
    The Rock says know your role, jabroni!
    Yeah even Dwayne knows outside of charter how stupid that is.

Good way to get divorced too lol.
    Milli Vanilli, Bigger than Elvis

7+ Year Old Account
    people talking perfectly, not a mistake in their pronunciation, not a stutter nor an minor error that you have to correct yourself

or in reflect to that, whem people are lying that is so blatantly obvious that pain my balls, like stammering or not making a proper sentence

+

dumb people in terror movies doing dumb shit, the kind of going towards the evil demonic possessed, or whatever shit they are seeing.
    Last edited by Syegfryed; 2021-01-11 at 07:12 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Syegfryed View Post
    people talking perfectly, not a mistake in their pronunciation, not a stutter nor an minor error that you have to correct yourself

or in reflect to that, whem people are lying that is so blatantly obvious that pain my balls, like stammering or not making a proper sentence
    You reminded me of a film i saw few years ago... about a brewery and basically the characters talk "NORMAL" to each other, i looked it up and they basically just told them the outcome of the scene and gave them drink and recorded.. the interactions are great

I work in film and tv and the two things that bug me the most are:

1. Characters wearing shoes inside (especially on their bed)

2. The hollywood goodbye. Where you just hang up before saying bye.

*** thought of a third. Bad BG continuity. So where bg actors cross the frame then on the next shot they cross frame again
    Last edited by Tzunami; 2021-01-11 at 07:33 AM.

Stood in the Fire october breeze's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Waking up in the morning with perfect hair and make up!

and the fact that no one has to actually work. They go anywhere anytime during the day!

15+ Year Old Account
    People answer their phone within a second of hitting the last number.
    Food arriving within minutes of ordering.
    Quote Originally Posted by GrinnersGrin View Post
    If Tinkers aren't the next class in WoW I'll shit in my hands and clap then eat my shoe.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Chicken Drummer View Post
    I will start

When two people are having a conversation and someone is around the corner listening in , never would happen in real life.
    What? That kind of thing happens all the time in real life! In fact that is the most annoying thing in real life that I hope people would stop doing.
    Warcraft 3 Reign of Chaos was the game that brought me into gaming. I was 17 years old then, I abhorred gaming before this game. From then on, I became a fan of Warcraft and Blizzard. To see it all go down the drain like this is truly sad for me. No king rules forever but at least some of them went down in history as real badasses. I hoped Blizzard and Warcraft would be one of them but it is no longer possible.

Washing their face in front of a mirror when they need a "reality check".

10+ Year Old Account
    frienmies eventually becoming actual friends.

often at least in social groups i'm in go into full blown enemy territories

The way that movies/video games/tv portray being knocked out or choked out is just bananas.

10+ Year Old Account
    Might not want to give a serious reply to the OP. Just check his posting history. Every single post of his, is a new thread with a new personal question. No idea why, but it can't be anything good. It's probably a bot.
    Quote Originally Posted by SpaghettiMonk View Post
    And again, let’s presume equity in schools is achievable. Then why should a parent read to a child?

-"We have no proof just some clues but we think you are guilty"
    -"YES I'M THE ONE WHO DID IT AND HERE IS THE MOBILE !!!"

Or when the character has a plain obvious phisical reaction to a random obvious sentence.

In pretty much every low quality tv show. Or wow.
    Last edited by Tarba; 2021-01-12 at 10:26 AM.

Aliens obviously start attacking from US cities which does not happen irl... oh wait...

Werid little lessons everyone learns after moments of crisis.

Reality is people usually just keep fucking up the same way over and over again.

Quote Originally Posted by Bovinity Divinity View Post
    Women finding it "romantic" eventually when a dude is super persistent about chasing them after they've initially expressed a lack of interest.
    This happens all the time, what are you talking about?

Quote Originally Posted by Cidzor View Post
    "Hacking" in....pretty much every TV/movie scene where hacking is involved.
    Just to add to this, there's the infamous:

Sick people.

On TV they're healthy people in full makeup that just lie in bed, instead of the complete mess of horribleness they are IRL.