Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by rayvio View Post
    trying to keep her relevant would almost certainly be a mistake. her story built up slowly in the background for a long time and is finally heading to a climax. best we can hope for is a great ending (hopefully no cheap redemption arc) to finish off her story and character
    The whole thing was a mess as she had no business being in the Maw when she threw herself from ICC as nothing she had done even compared to what some of the Venthyr sinstones state much less even now she still doesn't compare with some of them. It's also funny that everyone keeps saying it's about intentions in terms of the Arbiter but she believes she's doing the right thing or at least the noble thing. It's not like she's saying "amg I'm siding with the Jailer to make people suffer as I have" as she clearly stated she wants to fix what is broken in terms of not having real agency in reality. Everything that they're building up is actually about agency vs fate/being controlled.

Quote Originally Posted by ohwell View Post
    Everyone you named was relevant after their death except Rag which the other 2 and Sylvanas were more of Warcraft history than he was prior to their death. Not sure how you actually seem to say neither Arthas or Garrosh were relevant after their death as the impact of their actions can still be seen to this day much less both have been heavily implied to have some impact on SL(Garrosh is a massive battery and Arthas is obvious with the Kyrian story.
    We might have different definitions of what relevancy is, because Garrosh has not been relevant since he died in AU Draenor and being used as an anima battery does not change that fact and Arthas has not been relevant since ICC and won't be unless Blizz decides to bring him out of the freezer and do something in the present time. Being mentioned in a quest or two, mentioning how this character did this or that is not being relevant. Is Mannoroth relevant today because our Orcs are still green? Was Deathwing relevant in MoP because Wrathion existed or in Legion becuase Ebonhorn would mention stuff about him from 10000 years ago?

Quote Originally Posted by bagina View Post
    Easy. We make her the leader of the third faction, death faction for all the cool kids.
    I can't play group content with 50% of player base. I can't wait to be unable to play with 66%.
    Garrison Mission Manager: Select best followers for BfA, Legion and WoD missions.
    Instance Spec: Switch to spec suitable for your role when "dungeon ready" pops up.
    LDB: WoW Token: Monitor WoW Token price changes in LDB display.
    Other addons: Quest Map with Details * LFG Filter for Premade Groups * Obvious Mail Expiration.

Quote Originally Posted by rowaasr13 View Post
    I can't play group content with 50% of player base. I can't wait to be unable to play with 66%.
    Well I did mention removing faction restrictions. It wouldn't work like current Horde/Alliance divide.

10+ Year Old Account
    Her purpose is has been served, let that bitch die.

Quote Originally Posted by Sunderella View Post
    We might have different definitions of what relevancy is, because Garrosh has not been relevant since he died in AU Draenor and being used as an anima battery does not change that fact and Arthas has not been relevant since ICC and won't be unless Blizz decides to bring him out of the freezer and do something in the present time. Being mentioned in a quest or two, mentioning how this character did this or that is not being relevant. Is Mannoroth relevant today because our Orcs are still green? Was Deathwing relevant in MoP because Wrathion existed or in Legion becuase Ebonhorn would mention stuff about him from 10000 years ago?
    The first posts in this thread are talking about lasting impact of what they did. That is where the definition began. Garrosh caused pretty much everything that's still happening today as without him there would have been no legion invasion of our Azeroth when it happened which would have meant no blade in the planet which means no Azerite war, etc etc. They're saying will Sylvanas simply do something that honestly has no lasting impact in the long run.

3+ Year Old Account
    I'd think some cameos and remembrance and callbacks would be enough; like Arthas still being called in every expansion and Cairne being remembered last BFA
    The Alliance gets the Horde's most popular race. The Horde should get the Alliance's most popular race in return. Alteraci Humans for the Horde!

I make Warcraft 3 Reforged HD custom models and I'm also an HD model reviewer.

I don't think we should kill her... just kinda... get her out of the picture for a while.

People hate her as they hate every character, that has more than two quests concerning that character.

New character has spotlight: 20 threads on MMO Champion on how this character is the worst ever created and should be killed off.
    If we follow the forums there would be no named characters left in wow.

Imprison her somehwere in the maw. Brign her back in 6 years for something ala illidan. No redemption. We just need her for something more pressing

They'll keep her as a boss we killed in a previous expansion that we run for transmogs.

I want her bow for my gnome hunter.

7+ Year Old Account
    Hopefully she becomes a training dummy in Orgrimmar
    This world don't give us nothing. It be our lot to suffer... and our duty to fight back.

'kill' her and bring her back like they do with all the other characters?

The title of this threat implies they actually "have" to keep her relevant. Hint: they don't.

In fact her popularity is such in a limbo state right now, they'd better off her unceremoniously and erase her name from every content in game and try to get other characters, better written, to take the spotlight.

I have nothing against villains when their motives/actions make sense. In fact most of the beloved characters in lots of fantasy stuff are villains when they're correctly written and developed. Here with Sylvanas, nobody understands anything as Blizz goes from one plot-twist to the other, they don't care about consistency, and that's the best way for people to disconnect from their heroes/villains (as Jaina suffered as well).

I preferred Sylvanas when she was that snarky girl doing bad stuff behind the scenes for her own sake. That was... her. Now that we know she's some sort of mastermind planning things years in advance... Don't know, that doesn't fit her, like, at all.

So yeah, off her asap and make room for someone else. And this is coming from someone who had purchased her gearstore statue at the time she still made some sense. I usually don't regret those, but for her, yeah I do.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Houle View Post
    why would anyone except the most cringe "muh waifu"-fanboys want her to stay relevant?
    this is the third addon in a row with her in the spotlight, and (the fourth overall, with WotLk). not a single character was shoved down our throats this much, and she isnt even a good character anymore.
    man, the fanboy salt when she finally dies will be amazing
    I mean, I'm tired of the emo lady as well, but what major role did she have in WotLK? Getting almost killed during Varimathras' coup? She couldn't even take revenge on Arthas, which was her sole raison d'être at the time, that place being taken by Tirion Sue. Hell, not even her confrontation with Arthas at the Halls of Reflection is canon - Alliance version is.

As for Legion, what did she do, other than the showdown with Genn at Stormheim? Nothing. Even the whole Azerite business, which kicked off the events of BfA, wasn't Sylvie's doing, but Gallywix' (at least initially).
    Quote Originally Posted by trimble View Post
    WoD was the expansion that was targeted at non raiders.

I think we should kill Tyrande first.
    There is too much difference in the number of characters killed and turned into villains between the Horde and the Alliance.
    Also, Tyrande is a much more boring and uninteresting character, who also remains in focus for three addons.

Quote Originally Posted by RasAlhage View Post
    I think we should kill Tyrande first.
    There is too much difference in the number of characters killed and turned into villains between the Horde and the Alliance.
    Also, Tyrande is a much more boring and uninteresting character, who also remains in focus for three addons.
    By focus you mean a quest chain in Legion... then being shelved for the most of BfA... Then having a short and embarrassing/humiliating appearance in 8.1 after which she disappears again until Shadowlands?
    And no. Alliance pays up for "not losing leaders" by those leaders being worthless and constantly turning the other cheek and forgiving the horde. The moment Tyrande decided that enough is enough you whine and squeal how she must die. So no. You get nothing, you lose!

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Soon-TM View Post
    I mean, I'm tired of the emo lady as well, but what major role did she have in WotLK? Getting almost killed during Varimathras' coup? She couldn't even take revenge on Arthas, which was her sole raison d'être at the time, that place being taken by Tirion Sue. Hell, not even her confrontation with Arthas at the Halls of Reflection is canon - Alliance version is.

As for Legion, what did she do, other than the showdown with Genn at Stormheim? Nothing. Even the whole Azerite business, which kicked off the events of BfA, wasn't Sylvie's doing, but Gallywix' (at least initially).
    It might have helped her image if she , you know, lost sometimes. Maybe shown some other emotions then smug satisfaction or "according to keikaku" smirks. Characters that cannot lose AND also exist to mock and humiliate at least half of the playerbase (now more like 75% if you include the non-genocidal Horde) tend to grind on the nerves of players.
    P.S.
    Mistake was made - she shown some other emotions during her chat with Anduin, which somehow makes it worse.

If she doesnt die this expansion she should just be locked away in a thrice locked box, plugged into some anima draining device and sealed away in a dark pit never to be seen again.

Tortured by draining, and forgotten.

bigger you know what, larger you know where.
    its not like there is anything else that makes that character popular.
    she has already burned children alive and harvested their souls for the maw so she can't go any lower on the evil nazi meter.

Quote Originally Posted by Aleksej89 View Post
    bigger you know what, larger you know where.
    its not like there is anything else that makes that character popular.
    she has already burned children alive and harvested their souls for the maw so she can't go any lower on the evil nazi meter.
    I wander how her story would have went if she was butt-ugly shriveled and patchwork looking corpse (as she was originally planned in concept art) and not a ripe and juicy undead waifu she became due to... unhealthy interest from some of the writers.

She's easily one of the better written characters in this whack universe.

Quote Originally Posted by Zora-Prime View Post
    She's easily one of the better written characters in this whack universe.
    She and Anduin are cancer that consumes both factions. Any character can be turned extra-edgy and decked in mind-boggling amount of plot armor and that will NOT make them "well written". Also "all according to keikaku" is not a well written plot either.