Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Syegfryed View Post
    I've being playing for the month to farm anima and honor/conquest and upgrade my gear, don't think is thaaaat easy to farm this shit, in fact, it tedious and can take a lot of time, i have a friend who start playing weeks after me nd after spamming some mythcis and getting the great vault is almost ilv 200 without the covenant gear.
    well it is very easy to farm it

what is gating you is how slow it is to get anima / honor for all those upgrades.

people here on forums very often confuse "Easy " with "fast"

for example gearing up via combination of hc raids/m+ and arenas is relatively fast - its objectively very difficult and hard - but its "fast"

gearing up via farming batttlegrounds/anima ? its extremly easy - but at the same time - extremly slow (epsecially if your play time is limited to 6-8 hours a week like normal people play ) and capped at 197 itlv.
    Last edited by kamuimac; 2021-01-14 at 09:15 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Noctiphobia View Post
    Are you sure you'd like to have 25-30% versatility just so that you can show off a high item level?
    As a tank player, yes. Versa is one of the best tank stats. That's the one thing I don't like about this solution and why I'd like complete separate pvp and pve items with a dedicated pvp stat more. My best Brewmaster tank equip comes from PvP but you cannot play Brewmaster in PvP. So I have to play WW to gear up my tank. Good thing is that versa is also the best stat for WW, so it gears up both, but it's still stupid.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ClassicPeon View Post
    Every single slot on my character is 200 ilvl +. I cant use a single one of the covenant items.

And i havent even cleared hc Nathria yet. We are on Denathrius now.
    Frankly, I'm a super casual these days, I don't raid, barely play non-rated PvP when I have time and usually complete just covenant stuff and one M+ / week within that little time (2-3 hrs at max) which I can spare to play the game (unless it's a weekend).

And even I've got ilvl 206 by now (200+ items in all gear slots). Ulduar TW did help with that a lot tho.

Perhaps TS got super unlucky with lower M+ drops or he didn't do TW / missed dungeon week rewards.
    Last edited by Ermelloth; 2021-01-14 at 09:17 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by ClassicPeon View Post
    Every single slot on my character is 200 ilvl +. I cant use a single one of the covenant items.

And i havent even cleared hc Nathria yet. We are on Denathrius now.

If you are a casual, the system is made for you, to catch up, because you are behind.
    this dependso n luck - my char is for example 203 - and i use 3 of them from ap - addionaly i will use 2 197 pieces from honor once i farm it up this week (197 pvp weapon will be huge upgrade from 187 one i got also this week from campaign, same 197 ring with bis stats )

some people are not blessed by rng so for them this reset is week of really big upgrades.
    Last edited by kamuimac; 2021-01-14 at 09:19 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by chiddie View Post
    Dudes have you noticed by chance how much Anima do upgrades to 197 cost?

The average joe will upgrade 1-2 pieces for week, by the time he’s “full” 197 the hardcore joes will be 230.
    Dont know about that. I do lfr, not a single m+ key and I upgraded every covenant pieces I have (7) to 197ilvl yesterday. Anima is easy enough to get and the only covenant stuff I bothered to upgrade is the miror transport system to rank 2, I dont care about the other stuff really.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Masternap View Post
    but they are still just a few ilvl below the best equip you can get before hc raiding, kind of invalidating a lot of content.
    A "few" below HC raiding?!?! NORMAL is 200 (higher than cov gear) with Stone Generals & Denarthrius being 207. Heroic is 213 (way higher than cov gear) with Stone Generals and Denarthrius being at 220. Your comparison would be closer if you said that cov gear was slightly behind NORMAL instead of comparing it to heroic gear....

Quote Originally Posted by Philomene View Post
    OTOH why would you need raid gear if you don’t raid? If you’re only doing WQs and legacy raids you should stay at WQs item levels. You can perfectly start raiding with 184 mythics, some covenant gear and the rewards from the weekly quests.
    If you're complaining about gear then your aim is probably to do more than WQs. Gear is the main drive in games such as WoW and being generous with rewards has been one of the main goals and a focus in Blizzards design strategy since forever. It's odd to suddenly make the game as unrewarding as Shadowlands is.
    Last 2 expansions gave you more ways of gaining gear such as mythic+ for instance.
    Shadowlands is raid or leave, in many ways more like WoD was. Something that Blizzard themselves saw as a bit of a failed concept.

Quote Originally Posted by Ermelloth View Post
    Frankly, I'm a super casual these days, I don't raid, barely play non-rated PvP when I have time and usually complete just covenant stuff and one M+ / week within that little time (2-3 hrs at max) which I can spare to play the game (unless it's a weekend).

And even I've got ilvl 206 by now (200+ items in all gear slots). Ulduar TW did help with that a lot tho.

Perhaps TS got super unlucky with lower M+ drops or he didn't do TW / missed dungeon week rewards.
    oh definetly Ulduar was a game changer for a lot of people - if it wasnt for that my hunter would wear like 7-8 pieces from ap

10000% troll post. Playing every day for the past month and still doing world quests for gear?

Quote Originally Posted by Beuargh View Post
    Dont know about that. I do lfr, not a single m+ key and I upgraded every covenant pieces I have (7) to 197ilvl yesterday. Anima is easy enough to get and the only covenant stuff I bothered to upgrade is the miror transport system to rank 2, I dont care about the other stuff really.
    It all relies on how much anima you farm. I just farm the weekly 1000 (plus the occasional 250 elite that sometimes pops out) and no more because for me it’s a super boring activity (as it was Azerite in BfA where I did Azerite WQ only during Magni emissary day because I needed rep for flying).

I have all the anima things in the reservoir at level 1 with 2.5K anima left. I upgraded to 197 the chest only, because it was one upgrade. I’m doing M+ 2-6 regularly so I don’t think I’ll ever bother to upgrade the other pieces. But even for people who play tons of hours, unless they avoid M+, PvP and Raid for whatever reason, there’s really no need to upgrade pieces to level 7, it’s really an annoying grind. And they won’t go past 197, aka they will be near to useless in another month, max 2.

Quote Originally Posted by frenzy16 View Post
    It's crazy to me how this week's covenant campaign upgrades are ilvl 197. I've been playing every day for the last month gearing up from campaign->normal->heroic->mythic->m+ and this week's covenant/PvP gear basically replaced everything except for a few pieces and now everyone is running around with the same gear and ilvl.

I used to start the week by running some low-mid mythic+ to raise my ilvl so I would have an easier time getting invited to higher m+ but this gear has put everyone on even footing and completely killed my motivation to do any m+. I feel like gearing up was a complete waste of time and I could have just bought the game a month later and been in the exact same spot I am now.

I signed up for an LFR today and was thinking what is the point of even doing this now? Why are the last 2 wings still time gated when the gear is completely worthless and replaced by doing a quest? There's also no point running mythics, low-mid mythic+, LFR, PvP for PvE, or World Quests for gear anymore.

Super disappointed.
    This is a you-problem.

You say you play everyday but still your gear suck so much that you can replace it with 197. That means you are stuck in a limbo state by your own fault because you choose not to progress. Of course you have no motivation if all you do is LFR and low keys. It’s basically autopilot content.

You need to put on your big-boy pants and take some responsibility. And before you say “but I cant be invited to groups” I will just say it straight away: Push your own key!

Quote Originally Posted by gaymer77 View Post
    A "few" below HC raiding?!?! NORMAL is 200 (higher than cov gear) with Stone Generals & Denarthrius being 207. Heroic is 213 (way higher than cov gear) with Stone Generals and Denarthrius being at 220. Your comparison would be closer if you said that cov gear was slightly behind NORMAL instead of comparing it to heroic gear....
    a few below BEFORE HC raiding, not a few below HC raiding.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by kamuimac View Post
    well it is very easy to farm it
    Maybe i didn't use the right word, what i try to say it is also time consuming, a mythic who drop those ilvs are not that hard either, but it is time consuming, and in the end more or less, people end up spending the same mount of effort/time

And lets be real, everything except doing mythic/heroic raid, ranked arenas or like +10 mythic dungeons is easy anyway

i for one, am completely satisfied with the anima gearing upgrades for now, it set ume up to do other things if i pick a better computer

So... We are now complaining because pre-raid gear has a bit less ilvl than normal raiding while requiring a small amount of time by anima farming and 2 month gating ?

Quote Originally Posted by Rangifer View Post
    How in seven hells would you just upgrade your items to 233? You know you need to have 2400 rating for that ilvl? It's not something that average joe can push themselves.

I'm also a bit confused how you will get 220 ilvl with only pvp as the amount of gear via pvp is capped to 1.75/week (one for vault IF there is slot which you don't own & buying with conquest, but you get 550 conq/week and most of the items is more expensive than that).
    He is talking about the pve'ers who also pve is my guess.

Who said i was an average joe lol.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by kamuimac View Post
    this dependso n luck - my char is for example 203 - and i use 3 of them from ap - addionaly i will use 2 197 pieces from honor once i farm it up this week (197 pvp weapon will be huge upgrade from 187 one i got also this week from campaign, same 197 ring with bis stats )

some people are not blessed by rng so for them this reset is week of really big upgrades.
    I've gotten on average 1 item from the raid per week. The rest is farmed from m+ and the vault. There is no luck present here

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aggrophobic View Post
    If you're not above 197 at this point, you're way behind.
    That is the main issue with Shadowlands - You can't get good gear unless you raid.

Go raid or find some other game if you want to keep up with gear. Simple as that.
    Do you need good gear unless you raid?
    Hi

Quote Originally Posted by Asrialol View Post
    Do you need good gear unless you raid?
    Yes, of course. But if you read the thread, I've already answered this.

huh, funny. My reaction was the exact opposite.

i was like "ilvl197... now?! 6 weeks into the raid teir?! M+ spamm pvp gave better gear 1 day after raid release than this garbage.Why do we get this hot garbage now and not on week1 when it mightve actually had some temporary use atleast?"
    None of us really changes over time. We only become more fully what we are.

I quit mythic raiding in LEGION.
    I quit hc raiding in BFA.
    I delayed SL start till last weekend.

Had a lot of fun with CP2077 instead of dealing with the extreme time gating in the first month of SL and I am now enjoying all the shortcuts in SL. Renow catch-up, instant 2x LFR wings for 100% legendary drops, no questbugs yet, overall the best experience I had in any expansion.
    -

The gear is irrelevant since it was already so easy to get 200ilevel gear. Anyone playing more than casually is 210+ by now. If 197 covenant gear replaced most of your slots then you were really casual and this kind of system is made for players like you.