Page 5 of 13 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Aggrophobic View Post
    If you're complaining about gear then your aim is probably to do more than WQs. Gear is the main drive in games such as WoW and being generous with rewards has been one of the main goals and a focus in Blizzards design strategy since forever. It's odd to suddenly make the game as unrewarding as Shadowlands is.
    Last 2 expansions gave you more ways of gaining gear such as mythic+ for instance.
    Shadowlands is raid or leave, in many ways more like WoD was. Something that Blizzard themselves saw as a bit of a failed concept.
    Where am I complaining about the gearing system, lol. SL is definitely not raid or leave, it is definitely get the right gear quality for the activity you are doing. The gearing system since Legion and especially BFA was absolutely bad, showering you with loots and over-your-difficulty rewards. There’s no reason you should get heroic item level items by doing world quests or LFR. Simple as that. Want some good gear ? Play at the right difficulty.

Quote Originally Posted by Beuargh View Post
    Doesn't matter if those items are useless in 2 month, Its almost like any items in this game really. like I said anima is easy enough to grind and I really can enjoy the upgrade for those 2 month.... if even collecting anima to upgrade to 197 is too much for you I don't know what to say..... I thought I was a lazy wow player but now I know we can find worse lol...
    Apart from gear itself, everything is easy to grind, given you have enough time, even more than will, to do it.

My playtime is about 1,30 hours max per day and I don’t want to waste the little time I have in grinding more anima than the strict necessary (aka 1000 for the renown token), sorry.

Quote Originally Posted by Masternap View Post
    Shouldn't have played the game then. Everything you do to get equip will always be invalidated when the catch-up mechanisms start working. The only permanent things are cosmetics and achievements.
    never eat cause you will eventualy get hungry again lul,the gear is helping you do content you want at the time,it has value at that time,my car has value now even if in 20 years its gonna be scrap

Quote Originally Posted by sylenna View Post
    that is correct. if i'm not mistaken you get one item on 7/7 for free, since you get +1 rank every week on that weeks item. i have two 60 twinks and they don't get any sanctum upgrades since the armor does them more good for now. :/
    The last item you receive from covenant campaign is 6/7 (was a chest for Necrolords but I bet it’s a chest regardless the covenant). I upgraded it to 7/7 with 300 anima and that’s all.

I don’t grind anima past the 1000 needed for the renown badge so for me upgrading them would be quite painful, I find funnier gearing via M+.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by kaelix1 View Post
    You can upgrade them at max level this week which is 197
    I'm not sure I know what these folks are talking about.

We're talking about the silver dragon quests that increase the quality of rewards, yea?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by frenzy16 View Post
    It's crazy to me how this week's covenant campaign upgrades are ilvl 197. I've been playing every day for the last month gearing up from campaign->normal->heroic->mythic->m+ and this week's covenant/PvP gear basically replaced everything except for a few pieces and now everyone is running around with the same gear and ilvl.

I used to start the week by running some low-mid mythic+ to raise my ilvl so I would have an easier time getting invited to higher m+ but this gear has put everyone on even footing and completely killed my motivation to do any m+. I feel like gearing up was a complete waste of time and I could have just bought the game a month later and been in the exact same spot I am now.

I signed up for an LFR today and was thinking what is the point of even doing this now? Why are the last 2 wings still time gated when the gear is completely worthless and replaced by doing a quest? There's also no point running mythics, low-mid mythic+, LFR, PvP for PvE, or World Quests for gear anymore.

Super disappointed.
    Yea that is kinda silly at this stage. In next patches the distance should be better. But you need to remember one thing. There is only set with no rings/trinks and crap wpn. Secondary stats mostly are just not good enough for some specs like shadow priest for example. Its good catch up. On my main char im not using this set because its just bad for me and i have 203ilvl+ on all slots atm but for my alt its good way to gear up fast and chase the race :P

Quote Originally Posted by Grimbold21 View Post
    I'm not sure I know what these folks are talking about.

We're talking about the silver dragon quests that increase the quality of rewards, yea?
    His talking about the set items you get from covenant that can be upgraded to 197 as this week

The gear system is great, looking at my alt mage I got 5 pieces from campaign upgraded between 184 and 190(because screw 300 anima for the last upgrade, need it for my Ember Court! ) and its mixed with lfr/mythic loot. She is ready for normal Nathria and mythic+ and my alt druid is coming after in ilvl quickly.

If anything, the Campaign gear is awesome and the mogs are lookin good!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by kaelix1 View Post
    His talking about the set items you get from covenant that can be upgraded to 197 as this week
    Oh, the blue ones? How do we that?

Quote Originally Posted by Grimbold21 View Post
    Oh, the blue ones? How do we that?
    There is a npc near the guy that sells them, you can upgrade them to 197, keep in mind you need shittons of anima for that, so be carefull with your upgrades

Quote Originally Posted by Philomene View Post
    Where am I complaining about the gearing system, lol. SL is definitely not raid or leave, it is definitely get the right gear quality for the activity you are doing. The gearing system since Legion and especially BFA was absolutely bad, showering you with loots and over-your-difficulty rewards. There’s no reason you should get heroic item level items by doing world quests or LFR. Simple as that. Want some good gear ? Play at the right difficulty.
    Indeed, and anyone who says Shadowlands is raid or leave has not paid attention. I got 3 chars now, in bfa same time I had 8-10, because now I got plenty more interesting things to do on my 3 chars this time around.

Gearing up is finally interesting again.

it's really nice finally be able to gear all my alts to a decent ilvl so that i can pick what i want , when i want tank , dps or healing so far only 7 chars on 60 , 21 more to go just because i can

Always interesting to see how different players experience the game.

I've instantly disenchanted every piece of gear I've gotten from the hall without even looking at it because it was so bad lol.

Quote Originally Posted by ClassicPeon View Post
    He is talking about the pve'ers who also pve is my guess.

Who said i was an average joe lol.
    He said:

The PvPers in our guild are sitting at 220 ilvl now.
    They haven't even finish a +12

Everyone who spammed mythics is at 210 to 215
    And maybe you are then capable to push 2400 rating, but just decide not to upgrade your weapon from 207 to 233, just because you don't feel like it. Seems kinda odd to me, but I can't know your situation so I guess I just gotta believe you.

If you think team undertakings are the only thing that should produce a sense of progression, you indirectly want other players to need you to get any progression value out of their time.

I’m not paying you, I’m paying blizzard.

The covenant sets are an ingenious safety net allowing players to own their time.

Furthermore, ilvl “supremacy” is temporary and is reset every 6 months or so. Cosmetics are forever. Ilvl “inclusion” is vital for the game to hold appeal for players in all lanes of play. The covenant sets are a great step to achieving this goal in an all-inclusive sense.

It may be an mmo, and I may desire to play with others, but for my purchased time, I shouldn’t *need* other players.

Quote Originally Posted by GnomeEU View Post
    Mythic plus is pretty worthless now.
    PvP is the much faster way to gear up.

The PvPers in our guild are sitting at 220 ilvl now.
    They haven't even finish a +12

Everyone who spammed mythics is at 210 to 215
    Indeed.

Sitting on 219 (with 233 weapons) right now only by playing PvP. Haven't touched a key or anything else yet. The problem is that the requirements at which rating you get your gear are way too low.

226 ilvl for 2100 is just ridiculous and too easy to get. Same goes for 207 ilvl for 1400. That's basically free.
    Requirements should be increased drastically.

Quote Originally Posted by frenzy16 View Post
    It's crazy to me how this week's covenant campaign upgrades are ilvl 197. I've been playing every day for the last month gearing up from campaign->normal->heroic->mythic->m+ and this week's covenant/PvP gear basically replaced everything except for a few pieces and now everyone is running around with the same gear and ilvl.

I used to start the week by running some low-mid mythic+ to raise my ilvl so I would have an easier time getting invited to higher m+ but this gear has put everyone on even footing and completely killed my motivation to do any m+. I feel like gearing up was a complete waste of time and I could have just bought the game a month later and been in the exact same spot I am now.

I signed up for an LFR today and was thinking what is the point of even doing this now? Why are the last 2 wings still time gated when the gear is completely worthless and replaced by doing a quest? There's also no point running mythics, low-mid mythic+, LFR, PvP for PvE, or World Quests for gear anymore.

Super disappointed.
    Yea when you get to a certain ilvl you just don't get upgrades from doing stuff that grants lower ilvl than your current gear. Its probably why most people haven't touched regular mythic dungeons since the raid/m+/pvp conquest gear was released.

ilvl wont get you into higher m+ groups (for the most part) people usually check IO scores to see if you've even done the dungeons before.

Quote Originally Posted by Rangifer View Post
    He said:

And maybe you are then capable to push 2400 rating, but just decide not to upgrade your weapon from 207 to 233, just because you don't feel like it. Seems kinda odd to me, but I can't know your situation so I guess I just gotta believe you.
    I hate pvp. I cant really put it any other way. Its horribly imbalanced and incredibly easy to cheese. I play alot of pvp, would never do it in wow unless i absolutely had to.

Quote Originally Posted by cparle87 View Post
    The point is for real raiders to get their AotC, see the final boss and all that, before someone who just afk's through LFR.
    Are "real" raiders so insecure about themselves they feel threatened by casual players having access to an underpowered version of the last boss 2 or 3 weeks after the release of the raid?

I mean, if you didn't kill the guy in NM in that time-frame, you still dare calling yourself a "real raider"?

10+ Year Old Account
    If your current gear gets replaced by 197 gear then i got bad news for you, buddy.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Crabs have been removed from the game... because if I see another one I’m just going to totally lose it. *sobbing* I’m sorry, I just can’t right now... I just... OK just give me a minute, I’ll be OK..