Page 6 of 13 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Matsumotto View Post
    Exactly this. Upgrading those early pieces to max probably costs over 1k anime power...which is needed for upgrades on your covenant base, a thing that's more important in the long run.
    I spent 5k anima on a mount. I don't feel like any of the covenant upgrades are so important that losing 5k anima will really affect me long term. With them being gated behind souls that are weekly capped too it's even less of an issue.

Quote Originally Posted by ClassicPeon View Post
    Yeah thats an actual problem.

The weapon thing is just pure bs.

I'm 212 equipped atm with no pvp done. I should probably upgrade my worst items(203 main hand and 207 offhand) to a 233 pvp weapon but i just dont like it.

Feels kinda crappy as someonewho otherwise try and do what i can to better myself.
    PvP gearing is too strong this expansion. But someone who doesn't PvP thinking they can just stroll in and grab the 233 without any PvP experience is pretty fucking hilarious.

Quote Originally Posted by Nnyco View Post
    If your current gear gets replaced by 197 gear then i got bad news for you, buddy.
    197 ilvl is not bad at all, TODAY, for people that do not live for opening battle.net App, click the WoW icon on the left and press Play.

Quote Originally Posted by Aggrophobic View Post
    If you're not above 197 at this point, you're way behind.
    That is the main issue with Shadowlands - You can't get good gear unless you raid.

Go raid or find some other game if you want to keep up with gear. Simple as that.

Interesting. I am iLvL 212. But all of my gear has came from the great vault or within raid cause someone else didn't need it. But I can count on my hand that I have looted 2 pieces of loot from bosses since this expansion started. For me, and this is my opinion only...Maybe, but I feel raiding has NOT been that worth while to me like in previous expansions. Now I feel I raid hoping someone does not need anything so I can win a roll on it. But hoping to loot the boss for a piece of loot is not happening for me. I'll get more lucky getting a 35 anima from the boss more then anything...LoL
    Be careful who you chat it up with here on these forums. If you are NOT for WoW and about WoW, people will report whatever you say and get you banned

Warchief
    7+ Year Old Account
    Covenant gear is fine.
    It costs a shit load of anima to boost up to 197 and it's fixed itemization, which means half or more of the pieces are glorified trash.
    Who cares if someone's spent their entire play sessions farming anima through WQs or dungeons at a sluggish pace to have a full 197 set with their shiny LFR weapon.
    They are poorly itemized and those people most likely do not participating in anything else above WQs and LFR because, if you cap out at +6 keys or normal raid, you have better gear, both in terms of itemization and item level.
    In other words, the Covenant catchup gear is working as intended.

Also, the loot grind wasn't pointless from day 1; you did it to get into higher M+, to get into raid, to push content and play the game.
    That's kind of the point; to play the game when it's current and to, I dunno, maybe have fun doing it?
    But, really, if you've been "grinding" gear for weeks and covenant items are an upgrade to you, well, I dunno what to say.

You forget that covenant gear doesn't have rings, necks and trinkets.

But, in essence i agree. Makes no sense for LFR to still be gated when casual players can get stronger gear from the campaign.
    Last edited by Swnem; 2021-01-14 at 02:27 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Aggressive View Post
    Interesting. I am iLvL 212. But all of my gear has came from the great vault or within raid cause someone else didn't need it. But I can count on my hand that I have looted 2 pieces of loot from bosses since this expansion started. For me, and this is my opinion only...Maybe, but I feel raiding has NOT been that worth while to me like in previous expansions. Now I feel I raid hoping someone does not need anything so I can win a roll on it. But hoping to loot the boss for a piece of loot is not happening for me. I'll get more lucky getting a 35 anima from the boss more then anything...LoL
    Yeah, as I said. He's way behind. 212 is not even HC gear though and even if raiding is less rewarding thatn before (everything is for whatever reason) it's still the only way to get gear.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nnyco View Post
    If your current gear gets replaced by 197 gear then i got bad news for you, buddy.
    What bad news? I don't raid or do M+. There is no incentive for me to gear up asap.

Quote Originally Posted by Philomene View Post
    Where am I complaining about the gearing system, lol. SL is definitely not raid or leave, it is definitely get the right gear quality for the activity you are doing. The gearing system since Legion and especially BFA was absolutely bad, showering you with loots and over-your-difficulty rewards. There’s no reason you should get heroic item level items by doing world quests or LFR. Simple as that. Want some good gear ? Play at the right difficulty.
    You have never gotten HC gear form world quests or LFR. LFR was 2 tiers lower than HC for instance.

You have never gotten HC gear form world quests or LFR. LFR was 2 tiers lower than HC for instance.
    you ever heard of titanforging?

If you feel threatened by 197 ilevel gear, you've not been doing content that rewards actual good gear. Pretty sure people upgrading Covenant gear to 197 are just throwing away time/anima when they could get just as good or better gear from M+/PvP/raids in less time.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Kalontas View Post
    You made one very good point. What's the point of even gating the LFR? Like seriously, what is the point beyond "this scrub may not look upon the real pro raiders"?
    The point is to see the bosses/story, same as always. The ilevel is appropriate for the skill required for once.
    Tradushuffle
    <Echoes>
    Laughing Skull-EU

I bought WoD and BFA a couple months after release, so maybe it's been like this in recent expansions as well and I didn't experience it, but Shadowlands is the first expansion to make me feel like the time I put into the game wasn't rewarded. I'm conquest capped, have all my honor gear maxed, I finished Nathria(N) once but can't raid (slow computer) so I only have M+ and waiting until Tuesdays for the vault to make any character progression until the next patch. This is honestly the first time that I feel like I'm wasting my time and I've been playing since Vanilla (I know games are a waste of time blahblah but I never felt that way while playing). I don't even feel like logging in today, maybe the addiction is broken and hell that might be a good thing.
    Last edited by frenzy16; 2021-01-14 at 02:56 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by ClassicPeon View Post
    Yeah thats an actual problem.

The weapon thing is just pure bs.

I'm 212 equipped atm with no pvp done. I should probably upgrade my worst items(203 main hand and 207 offhand) to a 233 pvp weapon but i just dont like it.

Feels kinda crappy as someonewho otherwise try and do what i can to better myself.
    If you're 212 equipped no pvp done, you're not gonna be getting a 233 weapon any time soon, hate to break it to you.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tradu View Post
    If you feel threatened by 197 ilevel gear, you've not been doing content that rewards actual good gear. Pretty sure people upgrading Covenant gear to 197 are just throwing away time/anima when they could get just as good or better gear from M+/PvP/raids in less time.
    I am not interested to get "good" gear if it means raiding or doing mythic+. Those activities do not interest me. I prefer world content. So I am fine having a lower ilvl.

Quote Originally Posted by Wuusah View Post
    you ever heard of titanforging?
    That was indeed a bad idea. It was removed in BfA though, thankfully.
    Getting a TF item that would be better than myhtic of even HC was rare enought that it was hardly a method people could use to gear up.

So you're under 200 ilvl and complaining abt catch up loot? Honestly, this loot is for you. It takes I think 1050 anima to upgrade fully so gives casuals something to do. If you are replacing half of your gear with this stuff, you are a casual and that's fine. Start doing normal / heroic raids, and move into +7s.

That was indeed a bad idea. It was removed in BfA though, thankfully.
    Getting a TF item that would be better than myhtic of even HC was rare enought that it was hardly a method people could use to gear up.
    And yet people were running a lot of M+ dungeons to get that lucky titanforge proc. Sure you didn't get full HC gear running LFR and low m+ keys. But you did get the occasional lucky one and the more occasional normal raid ilvl ones from warforging. Your ilvl was always higher than what it should have been back then. Now you have the ilvl that you deserve for the content that you do. More or less depending on dropluck.

at topic:
    Anima and honor gear is the catch up system. It's the baseline ilvl for people who don't do dungeons, raids or rated pvp. Even those players like to have some gear progression and feel stronger doing their worldquests and whatever else they do. People who DO dungeons, raids and/or rated pvp and now see the baseline being raised above their own ilvl are just salty because the game showed them that they are at the bottom of the barrel.

10+ Year Old Account
    They’re useless for someone like you and I. They’re great for someone who doesn’t do organized content and for alts. It’s fine, not everything has to give powerful rewards that outdo the other rewards you already get.

Quote Originally Posted by chiddie View Post
    Apart from gear itself, everything is easy to grind, given you have enough time, even more than will, to do it.

My playtime is about 1,30 hours max per day and I don’t want to waste the little time I have in grinding more anima than the strict necessary (aka 1000 for the renown token), sorry.
    don't be sorry, it doesn't matter to me, do what you want I don't M+, I don't raid NM, I'm 193ilvl and it's confortable for my activities. if you PvP, M+ and/or raid NM you most likely are above 200ilvl anyway, the covenant gear is not for you so who cares

and I don't spend all my playtime grinding anima either. I do weeklies and my daily "emissaries", if it's "do 3 WQ in this zone" or "go help over there" then I pick the WQ giving anima, I don't kill rares nor open chests to fill the bar, maybe an extra WQ (if there is another one giving anima on my way) and that's all. to me it doesn't feel like extra effort or endless grinding, it's almost free 197ilvl gear for just playing the game in minimum effort mode. I had way enough to upgraded 6 pieces from rank 6 to 7 yesterday, day 1. and I'm still gonna do emissaries, but for reputations now.

Quote Originally Posted by Guilford View Post
    Alternatively you do dungeons with friends because you enjoy playing a video game with them. Unless you have no friends in which case....

L O L

- - - Updated - - -

Or you could...do both?
    I mean, you could do dungeons with friends and potentially take weeks to gear up at 177 ilvl; or, you could spend 2-4 days getting renown up for covenant gear and ilvl increase.

Sure, you could do both; but, as the person stated, PvP is much faster to gear up. Why do both unless you enjoy them both? If that’s the case then that is completely fine, but if you’re gearing up for PvP or raid then, as the other person stated, PvP is much faster and potentially easier.