Page 7 of 13 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Beuargh View Post
    don't be sorry, it doesn't matter to me, do what you want I don't M+, I don't raid NM, I'm 193ilvl and it's confortable for my activities. if you PvP, M+ and/or raid NM you most likely are above 200ilvl anyway, the covenant gear is not for you so who cares

and I don't spend all my playtime grinding anima either. I do weeklies and my daily "emissaries", if it's "do 3 WQ in this zone" or "go help over there" then I pick the WQ giving anima, I don't kill rares nor open chests to fill the bar, maybe an extra WQ (if there is another one giving anima on my way) and that's all. to me it doesn't feel like extra effort or endless grinding, it's almost free 197ilvl gear for just playing the game in minimum effort mode. I had way enough to upgraded 6 pieces from rank 6 to 7 yesterday, day 1. and I'm still gonna do emissaries, but for reputations now.
    Nah, I’m doing low level M+ atm, I’m 192. But since I don’t farm anima, I wanna keep the few I have for adventurers missions and slooooooowly upgrading buildings.

I never cared about reps. I did them in the past only because they were required to fly. Now it seems they won’t be required anymore so all I’m doing is renown, 250 anima and useful conduits WQ, stop. I’m not even doing the daily covenant callings (don’t need gold, when I need some I buy a token and gg).

Quote Originally Posted by frenzy16 View Post
    Shadowlands is the first expansion to make me feel like the time I put into the game wasn't rewarded. I'm conquest capped, have all my honor gear maxed, and can't raid so I only have M+ and waiting until Tuesdays for the vault to make any character progression until the next patch.
    M+ has its own issues, but to be honest you have a number of 210s from the Vault at least, and this already puts you way ahead of anybody catching up with Covenant gear. Also, that gear is a mish mash of stats that seldom sees use and will be replaced soon enough. You, on the other hand, have probably a better optimized set which doesn't require a constant stream of resources to upgrade.

Numbers are just that and by themselves prove nothing.

If you replaced all your gear you pretty much were still stuck at sub 190 anyway, and wouldn't have moved past it any time soon either. It means you were pretty much a full blown casual and the upgrade is aimed exactly at people like you. With this week's upgrade everyone got access to a huge QoL improvement and I for one am tankfull that my alts aren't entirely useless.
    You are welcome, Metzen. I hope you won't fuck up my underground expansion idea.

Quote Originally Posted by Wuusah View Post
    And yet people were running a lot of M+ dungeons to get that lucky titanforge proc. Sure you didn't get full HC gear running LFR and low m+ keys. But you did get the occasional lucky one and the more occasional normal raid ilvl ones from warforging. Your ilvl was always higher than what it should have been back then. Now you have the ilvl that you deserve for the content that you do. More or less depending on dropluck.

at topic:
    Anima and honor gear is the catch up system. It's the baseline ilvl for people who don't do dungeons, raids or rated pvp. Even those players like to have some gear progression and feel stronger doing their worldquests and whatever else they do. People who DO dungeons, raids and/or rated pvp and now see the baseline being raised above their own ilvl are just salty because the game showed them that they are at the bottom of the barrel.
    No, you get gear if you raid and everything else is pointless. That is the probelm. There are no alternatives. That said, even raids give you so few items that it's just up to RNG if you got a single item yet.
    The lack of rewards makes Shadowlands the worst expansion in WoWs history and it's not even been a single content patch yet. It's embarrassing for a company such as Blizzard.

Quote Originally Posted by Aggrophobic View Post
    No, you get gear if you raid and everything else is pointless. That is the probelm. There are no alternatives. That said, even raids give you so few items that it's just up to RNG if you got a single item yet.
    The lack of rewards makes Shadowlands the worst expansion in WoWs history and it's not even been a single content patch yet. It's embarrassing for a company such as Blizzard.
    hard disagree. The lack of rewards make rewards feel impactful. If you are playing at the extreme high end where your ilvl is higher than what M+ dungeons can drop, then you have three sources of items:
    Raids
    PvP
    The Vault

That is enough to get items at a decent pace. You are simply just used to getting showered in items left and right. The RNG of titanforging and even worse corruptions were way, way, WAAAAAAY worse than getting a bit less items on average.

hard disagree. The lack of rewards make rewards feel impactful. If you are playing at the extreme high end where your ilvl is higher than what M+ dungeons can drop, then you have three sources of items:
    Raids
    PvP
    The Vault

That is enough to get items at a decent pace. You are simply just used to getting showered in items left and right. The RNG of titanforging and even worse corruptions were way, way, WAAAAAAY worse than getting a bit less items on average.
    No, they do not feel more impactful.
    They are just as impactful as before you are just punished by RNG more than before as there are only one way to get an item.

The game is just not rewarding enough to feel fun to play.

Quote Originally Posted by Jackstraw View Post
    M+ has its own issues, but to be honest you have a number of 210s from the Vault at least, and this already puts you way ahead of anybody catching up with Covenant gear. Also, that gear is a mish mash of stats that seldom sees use and will be replaced soon enough. You, on the other hand, have probably a better optimized set which doesn't require a constant stream of resources to upgrade.

Numbers are just that and by themselves prove nothing.
    Well, given that you get ONE piece 210 per week in the vault and next to zero in M+, if you don’t mind grinding anima like I instead mind for example, getting to 200, including luck with world bosses and the legendary item, will be way faster and less stressful via covenant set than via M+, I think this is why the op was complaining.
    Last edited by chiddie; 2021-01-14 at 04:10 PM.

Do the complainers realize that the weekly event gives 750 anima for 20 WQs?

No, they do not feel more impactful.
    They are just as impactful as before you are just punished by RNG more than before as there are only one way to get an item.

The game is just not rewarding enough to feel fun to play.
    again, hard disagree. I think the game found the sweet spot between being just enough rewarding to be motivating to keep playing but not too rewarding where you don't care at all what you wear. For the first time in a few expansion I actually remember what I'm wearing. I know where I got my weapons from. I know where I got my trinkets from. I know where I got my chest and shoulders from. In Legion and BfA I couldn't be bothered to remember that because gear constantly changed anyway.

I think they are not quite there yet with items still being rather interchangeable. That by design makes itemization a bit more boring than I'd like it too be. While I know what items I'm wearing, I couldn't give you the name of any of them, other than my trinkets because those are unique.

I find it weird that you need constant rewards of multiple items per week to have fun and be motivated to keep playing. Items shouldn't just be a skinner box.

I play a lot and never before have I had all of my effort invalidated 2 months into the new expansion. 2 months in and m+ below 10 is effectively deleted from the game. All blizz had to do was make it easier to get 200 gear.

Quote Originally Posted by Darsithis View Post
    They’re useless for someone like you and I. They’re great for someone who doesn’t do organized content and for alts. It’s fine, not everything has to give powerful rewards that outdo the other rewards you already get.
    Pretty useless for alts considering there's much better things to spend the anima on, and at least my alts don't have any anima to spare.

- - - Updated - - -

It hurts how wrong you are. Raids have the worst weekly chest(because it's based on lowest difficulty boss kill per slot, unlike PvP where it's highest), can't upgrade items to the highest ilevel(unlike PvP where you can "fix" low ilevel weekly chests if you get the rating later) and drop the less items than PvP(7 bosses per item vs 550 conquest to spend on any slot you want). RBGs + BoEs are the best way to gear currently.
    Now, if you actually do all content(or at least 2 out of the 3 relevant endgame paths), gearing is fine. Significantly better than the clown fiesta that was Legion and BfA(and to some extent even MoP/WoD).
    Tradushuffle
    <Echoes>
    Laughing Skull-EU

Quote Originally Posted by antelope591 View Post
    PvP gearing is too strong this expansion. But someone who doesn't PvP thinking they can just stroll in and grab the 233 without any PvP experience is pretty fucking hilarious.
    Who said that though?

Quote Originally Posted by JessicaJones View Post
    If you're 212 equipped no pvp done, you're not gonna be getting a 233 weapon any time soon, hate to break it to you.
    I'm not because i am not going for it, ihate pvp in wow.

You vastly underestimate how bad people are at wow pvp though.

If you take other pvp games like cs or dota/league the tryhard community is just on another level for the non pros.

Pretty much anyone can get to 2400 if they spend some time on it.

Quote Originally Posted by Guilford View Post
    Good meme, dude. I could do it but I won't cuz I don't wanna!
    I'm saying anyone could.

The competition for wow pvp isnt hard enough that it excludes anyone. The worst tank in our guild - like literally the guy everyone knows cant play - got 2400 by casually playing something op.

You can rise in rank in wow pvp mostly by just picking an op comp.

If this hurts your ego i'm sorry

Quote Originally Posted by Tradu View Post
    It hurts how wrong you are. Raids have the worst weekly chest(because it's based on lowest difficulty boss kill per slot, unlike PvP where it's highest), can't upgrade items to the highest ilevel(unlike PvP where you can "fix" low ilevel weekly chests if you get the rating later) and drop the less items than PvP(7 bosses per item vs 550 conquest to spend on any slot you want). RBGs + BoEs are the best way to gear currently.
    Now, if you actually do all content(or at least 2 out of the 3 relevant endgame paths), gearing is fine. Significantly better than the clown fiesta that was Legion and BfA(and to some extent even MoP/WoD).
    Why would you care about a random chest that you get once per week? Thats not content. Also why would you ever play PvP in WoW?
    Raids drop much better gear than any other content. Much less of it for some stupid reason but content such as mythic+ is just dead.

Mate, they are already useless and a waste of anima.

again, hard disagree. I think the game found the sweet spot between being just enough rewarding to be motivating to keep playing but not too rewarding where you don't care at all what you wear. For the first time in a few expansion I actually remember what I'm wearing. I know where I got my weapons from. I know where I got my trinkets from. I know where I got my chest and shoulders from. In Legion and BfA I couldn't be bothered to remember that because gear constantly changed anyway.

I think they are not quite there yet with items still being rather interchangeable. That by design makes itemization a bit more boring than I'd like it too be. While I know what items I'm wearing, I couldn't give you the name of any of them, other than my trinkets because those are unique.

I find it weird that you need constant rewards of multiple items per week to have fun and be motivated to keep playing. Items shouldn't just be a skinner box.
    Do you? I remember the nice mythic ring I DE'd infront of my friends eyes (his BiS, I should add) the other night but thats about it.
    I can't actually tell you were I got any of the items I have on except maybe one of my trinkets that I havent chnaged in, what, 6 weeks? Despite clearing the raid on normal, HC and and some mythic bosses every week since they opened up.

Loot is the main rewards in WoW and always has been. The game is not rewarding now though and has litteraly never been this bad before.

Why would you care about a random chest that you get once per week? Thats not content. Also why would you ever play PvP in WoW?
    Raids drop much better gear than any other content. Much less of it for some stupid reason but content such as mythic+ is just dead.
    I think people play pvp in wow cause.. they like it?

Because that chest is the only consistent source of gear outside of PvP? And I'd play PvP in WoW because the rewards make it worth doing even though it's not good content(although PvP right now is better than it has been for years, people are actually dying).
    Tradushuffle
    <Echoes>
    Laughing Skull-EU

Quote Originally Posted by cparle87 View Post
    The point is for real raiders to get their AotC, see the final boss and all that, before someone who just afk's through LFR.
    You can't get AotC in LFR.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Tradu View Post
    The point is to see the bosses/story, same as always. The ilevel is appropriate for the skill required for once.
    And you still see the bosses and story, regardless of how it's time-gated. And I didn't say anything about ilvl.