Thread: Cyberpunk 2077

Quote Originally Posted by Fencers View Post
    Well, to a degree.
    Actually no it isn't to a degree.

There is actual proof that work suffers when you strain the workers. They also have experience working on consoles since Witcher 2 when it was released on the 360.

Them and you blaming consoles is foolish.

The CEO was on a conference call and outright said they was under no pressure to release the game. This problem was caused by mismanagement and releasing a game too early. The game should have been delayed by a year at least and this video is proof of that.

Also to add the PC port isn't sunshine and roses ether, so them being happy with the PC port is fucken laughable. The game is lacking a ton of systems and is still buggy. Its just less buggy on PC than console.

Edit: To add if it wasn't for consoles you wouldn't have CP2077. Over half of the Witcher 3 sales came from console and MS gave them a big wad of cash for the platform advertisements/deals.

Everyone else this year seemed to release a game just fine. This video was just PR fluff and honestly they would have been better off to not release it.
    Last edited by Jtbrig7390; 2021-01-14 at 12:46 AM.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    Also to add the PC port isn't sunshine and roses ether, so them being happy with the PC port is fucken laughable. The game is lacking a ton of systems and is still buggy. Its just less buggy on PC than console.
    I played it on PC before my refund and found dumbfounding and mindblowing amount of bugs so if there's versions that are even worse, whew.
    Modern gaming apologist: I once tasted diarrhea so shit is fine.

"People who alter or destroy works of art and our cultural heritage for profit or as an excercise of power, are barbarians" - George Lucas 1988

Quote Originally Posted by Wilian View Post
    I played it on PC before my refund and found dumbfounding and mindblowing amount of bugs so if there's versions that are even worse, whew.
    like? i had to reload a single time for a bugged quest. and the only other noticeable bug was the dum dum follower one. then some models a bit off during some animations. thats litteraly all
    12/6/2009 -23/11/2020 rip little deathstalker Ferretti. proud forsaken, enemy of the livings

Quote Originally Posted by omeomorfismo View Post
    like? i had to reload a single time for a bugged quest. and the only other noticeable bug was the dum dum follower one. then some models a bit off during some animations. thats litteraly all
    I started as the streetkid one. When the game started in the bar, after moving upstairs I couldn't see anything because some lightsource from outside of the building kept blinding entire monitor when looking at the direction I was supposed to walk. In the intro sequence where you're stealing the car and the police arrive, the police arrived through walls ignoring all collision with their car and stopped in random positions before teleporting to spots they were meant to be and animations were missing from the whole sequence until I was on the ground.

After that it was "little less" terrible like people just randomly spawning here and there in some cases, in others when I entered a car suddenly another car popped inside my car and glitched me through the street. Did some side activity, had to hunt down some cyberjunkie gone berserk or something. Went there and tried to engage but the NPC kept resetting the encounter like I'd go beyond the quest area boundaries despite standing in the middle of it.

Then there's some stupid shit that aren't necessarily bugs but horrible design when I had cop chase me I ran into alley that led to nowhere, ran back and looked behind, suddenly 3-4 cops had spawned in there.

Those are just the ones that immediatly popped in mind that I experienced during my 5 hours of the game or so, thank god Steam let me refund it
    Modern gaming apologist: I once tasted diarrhea so shit is fine.

"People who alter or destroy works of art and our cultural heritage for profit or as an excercise of power, are barbarians" - George Lucas 1988

Some call this a bug, I call it a fuckin feature.

Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    Actually no it isn't to a degree.
    Whoa, whoa. Slow down there, fella. You're assuming a lot I didn't say.

There is actual proof that work suffers when you strain the workers.
    Yes, there is. In certain circumstances and roles. But it is not always the case and we have no idea how or to what degree it may have affected the developers as a whole or individually.

Thus why I said "to a degree" because I do not know the actual extent to which this harmed the game or developers. If you want to think differently that is fine, I am not comfortable with that assertion regarding this title.

They also have experience working on consoles since Witcher 2 when it was released on the 360.
    This doesn't mean all development cycles or challenges are the same. I worked in software and game development. There can be a new set of challenges very often with each product.

Them and you blaming consoles is foolish.
    I am not "blaming consoles" for the game's difficulties, per se. However, CDPR's own admission they wanted to develop the game to be great on PC and downscale from that point. It obviously did not work out well for CDPR or console players.

Maybe it could have worked, sure. But it didn't and were it viable for CDPR to have just stopped at PC we literally would not be having this discussion to the same extent.

The CEO was on a conference call and outright said they was under no pressure to release the game. This problem was caused by mismanagement and releasing a game too early. The game should have been delayed by a year at least and this video is proof of that.
    Every company is under pressure to release new product to market. That really is nothing specific to games.

Just this afternoon, Nestle reissued a product alert as my company was midway through a job order because they want to get new product out for first quarter. It's January 13th, bro. That "pressure" doesn't carry a lot of stock with me because I have been behind the curtain of huge companies for decades now.

So what? How many games are "sunshine" universally? That means jack-all.

Every game has bugs or glitches. Even well-reviewed and less publically discussed games.

I haven't had an issue with CP2077 on PC except for one quest bug late into the game and reload fixed it. Almost 200 hours played. Mileage may vary, of course. But the game on PC is largely a more pleasant experience than console according to CDPR, players, and reviewers.

If CP2077 were just PC title CP2077 worst would have been an 8.6 game as currently stands in aggregate. With the same assortment of mixed reactions as every other PC game receives in this bracketing of the market. I looked.
    Last edited by Fencers; 2021-01-14 at 01:15 AM.

Better for Cyberpunk 2077, PC gamers, and CDPR. Of course. This is the CP2077 thread.
    Better for PC gamers, you mean having less budget, making smaller scale games? That better for PC gamers?

- - - Updated - - -

Every company is under pressure to release new product to market. That really is nothing specific to games.
    Nintendo is the highest rated publisher of the last decade. They don't rush anything, often times they even sit on and polish finish games. Oh and they don't crunch with employees having an average work day of 7 hours.

So no, not every company is under pressure.

Quote Originally Posted by Tech614 View Post
    Better for PC gamers, you mean having less budget, making smaller scale games? That better for PC gamers?

- - - Updated - - -

Nintendo is the highest rated publisher of the last decade. They don't rush anything, often times they even sit on and polish finish games. Oh and they don't crunch with employees having an average work day of 7 hours.

So no, not every company is under pressure.
    a japanese company that doesnt use crunching? maybe if they crunch always it stops to be a crunch effectively
    12/6/2009 -23/11/2020 rip little deathstalker Ferretti. proud forsaken, enemy of the livings

Did you read what I said initially? I said IF it was financially viable. If as in hypothetically speaking, if they had the same financial viability.

If it were so, CDPR would not have to create a smaller scale game with a lesser budget. It's not viable in reality, of course. Thus why console development is often concurrent for other game developers too.

Though I think CDPR would have had a better product launch if they could have considered PC only. The reviews seem to back up the PC version as a better-received product than the console versions.

I'm just sitting here still blown away that CDPR managed to kneecap themselves in their first public statement of the new year, following the holiday break.

Like, jesus christ, do they not have a communications team? I get it, their lawyers are probably reviewing everything to ensure they don't open themselves to legal liability but like...casting blame on the QA team for not catching bugs while also saying that each console build saw visible improvements is like...both contradictory as fuck and beyond incredibly shitty for the QA team.

Good lord, CDPR is fuckin speedruning trying to completely destroy their rep. If not just with gamers, but with gaming media too. Going after QA is always bad form and a bad idea, especially if you're an executive.

Oh well, based on the painfully vague timeline looks like I'll probably keep holding off on picking it up on PC until at least the summer. Should be some pretty good deals by then hopefully.

Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    Like, jesus christ, do they not have a communications team?
    Totally incompetent. I bet they just came up with this themselves after a board meeting. Because I doubt a professional would let that statement go out as it did.

a japanese company that doesnt use crunching? maybe if they crunch always it stops to be a crunch effectively
    https://nintendoeverything.com/ninte...taff-in-japan/

Nintendo doesn't crunch. Also just a heads up since gamers seem completely clueless on this... EA also doesn't crunch, Ubisoft doesn't crunch as of a few years ago either. It's a trend among big gaming companies and they see the results are better and more sustainable.

- - - Updated - - -

Did you read what I said initially? I said IF it was financially viable.
    I'm sorry but are you saying lower scale games aren't financially viable? It is absolutely financially viable to release lower scale games on PC only. Sorry that flew over your head.

I'm sorry but are you saying lower scale games aren't financially viable? It is absolutely financially viable to release lower scale games on PC only. Sorry that flew over your head.
    Seems pretty obvious she meant financially viable to release the game with its full scope on PC only, not PC and consoles.

Not everything is an argument about why they're right/you're wrong, or why you're right/they're wrong.

Yes, totally what I was talking about. Small scale games with zero budget only. Should have released CP2077 on a etch a sketch.

Seems pretty obvious she meant financially viable to release the game with its full scope on PC only, not PC and consoles.

Not everything is an argument about why they're right/you're wrong, or why you're right/they're wrong.
    She said it would be nice if it was financially viable, I gave the only realistic way it is financially viable and she didn't like the reply. Sorry for living in reality and not fantasy land?

- - - Updated - - -

Yes, totally what I was talking about. Small scale games with zero budget only. Should have released CP2077 on a etch a sketch.
    Or you know, a smaller scale game doesn't mean graphically inferior. Witcher 2 was a looker for it's time but was a PC only game at launch with a much smaller scale then Witcher 3 or 2077. It even got a way later downscaled port to the 360 to boot which shocker you can do if you take your time on something.

But by all means add more asinine comparisons like etch a sketch because someone is talking realistic options and the other person wants $200+ mil budget games to be viable as PC exclusives.

Or you know, a smaller scale game doesn't mean graphically inferior. Witcher 2 was a looker for it's time but was a PC only game at launch with a much smaller scale then Witcher 3 or 2077. It even got a way later downscaled port to the 360 to boot which shocker you can do if you take your time on something.
    Totally what I was talking about. Nothing goes over your head.

Too sharp, forum warrior.

I'm just sitting here still blown away that CDPR managed to kneecap themselves in their first public statement of the new year, following the holiday break.

Like, jesus christ, do they not have a communications team? I get it, their lawyers are probably reviewing everything to ensure they don't open themselves to legal liability but like...casting blame on the QA team for not catching bugs while also saying that each console build saw visible improvements is like...both contradictory as fuck and beyond incredibly shitty for the QA team.

Good lord, CDPR is fuckin speedruning trying to completely destroy their rep. If not just with gamers, but with gaming media too. Going after QA is always bad form and a bad idea, especially if you're an executive.

Oh well, based on the painfully vague timeline looks like I'll probably keep holding off on picking it up on PC until at least the summer. Should be some pretty good deals by then hopefully.
    I imagine a lot of it desperately trying to distance themselves from their first statement where they admitted to knowing the game was fucked and pushing for release anyway, which opened them up to shareholders suing them for knowingly tanking the stock price.
    It ignores such insignificant forces as time, entropy, and death

5800X | XFX 7900XTX | Prime X570 Pro | 32GB | 990Pro + SN850 2TB | Define 7

Brewmaster
    10+ Year Old Account
    Boy that video...

"We were technically ambitious and missed the mark and it hamstrung us." - Smart
    "We wanted to focus on PC first and then scale down." - Didn't they literally say they were doing all three platforms simultaneously like, multiple times?
    "Our streaming engine needed a lot of work on consoles" - Which is why you design around min-spec and scale up, not high-spec and scale down.
    "Our testing didn't show a big part of the issues you experience when playing the game." - Bullshit, bullshit, bullshit, bullshit, bullshit. If QA missed all this, if their team missed all this, they're literally blind. Also, they withheld the console version from reviewers because they knew it was dogshit.
    "We hoped our Day 0 patch would be a Jesus patch, even under covid, and it wasn't." - Yeah...no shit, literally anyone could have told you it wouldn't be.

And the next-gen version is pushed to the second half of the year? Things must be more of a mess across the board than I thought.

I mean, I'm glad he placed blame on himself and the leadership, rather than the devs but...

F to Doubt on a lot of the other shit.
    Yea, that whole explanation basically said to me - "We released this a year early." I mean it works better on Next Gen now than on last gen (not talking about PC, just the new consoles). THIS IS THE NEXT GEN VERSION!(?). What version is that suppose to be? Even more intensive graphics?

And yea, bullshit they had no idea current-gen-consoles were so broken. "Weren't seeing these issues." Well then, obviously none of your testers were playing them on actual 'old gen' consoles. Either no one tested it on the 'current console' (at that time) and the company is really just that incompetent - or you're lying.

And wtf incompentent company do you have to be in 2020 to supposedly design your PC game first (so the console is the 'port' instead of the other way around) and yet put no way to reliably key bind commands for PC players? I'm leaning more and more to 'no they're just this incompetent and good at hiding it.' There are some basic things here this company has never really figured out (Witchers had the same control issues).

Transparent my arse. Half-transparent because you place blame on yourself and were honest about the "Next Gen Patch" not coming out the first half of this year. That's all the transparency I see. No acknowledgement of the busted 'wanted' system, busted stat/math system (stats don't add up in any logical way/aren't even what the numbers on the item say they are, mods don't work as described, etc.), among other things that are clearly only barely coded into the game.

Just more CEO double-talk, again parading as 'honesty'. You needed at least 6 months to another year to have this game ready on ANYTHING and you know it. Whether your investors were 'in' on the lie or not remains to be seen. But this game was no where close to being done. And if you REALLY didn't know that - then the company is just incompetent and will continue to be so. I hope the competent coders and devs get jobs at better companies, rather than continuing to be the support that allows CDPR to stay in business.

(And that's coming from someone who still wants to play the game on PC - but won't be spending top dollar to do so.)
    Koriani - Guardians of Forever - BM Huntard on TB; Kharmic - Worgen Druid - TB
    Koriani - none - Dragon of Secret World
    Karmic - Moirae - SWTOR
    inactive: Frith-Rae - Horizons/Istaria; Koriani in multiple old MMOs. I been around a long time.

Things would be so much better if developers didn't have to consider consoles for financial viability.
    I don't actually think they do, companies just want them to because they want MORE money. Plenty of games that are super successful and also only for (or at least start out exclusively for) PC.