Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by intenz View Post
    Mages are really good right now especially arcane.
    LOL

Casters dominate pvp from mid-expansion onwards every expansion. Wotlk LSD caster cleaves domination. Caster cleaves were the best in cata, mop, wod, legion, BFA obviously. I get that maybe things are different for average players but classes aren't balanced around players who don't iceblock.
    Psst... We're discussing SL PvP, not WotLK or Cata PvP, in case you didn't notice.

Rogue has way higher skillcap than most casters especially late expansion it's kinda cheesy to play caster cleave and global anyone who steps away from a pillar for 1 second.
    LOL x2
    Quote Originally Posted by trimble View Post
    WoD was the expansion that was targeted at non raiders.

Im stomping arenas on my mage atm idk what you are talking about.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadoowpunk View Post
    I just think is funny...and they might have went a bit overboard
    Nope, go overboard with it, after all this time its need and good for the game.
    1) Load the amount of weight I would deadlift onto the bench
    2) Unrack
    3) Crank out 15 reps
    4) Be ashamed of constantly skipping leg day

It is not like Mage, in pvp, requires more skill than any melee class. It is even more true since they added all those gap closers because most melee players can't handle kiting.

Here is what happened OP:

1. In BfA (before prepatch) - my mage had 6x the health pool as his mana pool
    2. In BfA (after prepatch) - my mage had 2x the health pool as his mana pool
    3. In Shadowlands - my mage has 1/2 the health pool as his mana pool.

The focus has shifted back to glass cannon, and other classes have a gazillion ways to stop the cannon firing for the 6 seconds it needs to destroy it. If the cannon goes off - then it is deadly.

Challenge Mode : Play WoW like my disability has me play:
    You will need two people, Brian MUST use the mouse for movement/looking and John MUST use the keyboard for casting, attacking, healing etc.
    Briand and John share the same goal, same intentions - but they can't talk to each other, however they can react to each other's in game activities.
    Now see how far Brian and John get in WoW.

15+ Year Old Account
    Mage in BGs = dead the moment a melee looks at you (unless you're Frost, which you should be right now)
    Mage in arena = competitive and necessary.

Also Warlocks are in a way worse spot, they're free kills for melee right now. I feel kinda bad for them. I play FDK and there is nothing they can do against me, hard counter I think.

Quote Originally Posted by XMD7007 View Post
    Mage will be top tier in 3s this season too. Nothing can stop that, not until they put sheep on a cooldown (that means never).
    Sad but true ey?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Chromell View Post
    "Nerf all the classes until only mine is standing"
    No, not all classes, not at all. Some love in some of the times is perfectly fine. But mages (and rogues) have been rocking absolutely every single expansion so far. Without exception. From vanilla, till present day.

What's the problem? As always, mages are trash at solo pvp, and really good in arena.

Last time mages were really good at both was back in wotlk.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Greengrim View Post
    So, it took only 16 years for a patch in which Mage is not imba? Freaking finally is what I would say. Awaiting to see the same done to Rogues now.
    you have clearly never raided in the high end before, there's A LOT of examples where mages have been shit on over the years by blizzard and have been trash, but keep telling yourself that's not the case.

I really don't understand this thread.

With fire you just snipe people in arena with the prefered rmp comp.

Solo, you farm melee with arcane.

Frost is dead don't play it, its a dampening spec - without the dampening meta.

I mean out of everything, you complained about melees as a mage, while indeed, you should talk about better dispel protection regarding mages.

I wouldn't mind unpruning deep freeze and restore old version of greater invisbility(90% dmg reduce, most importanlty removed dots on usage)

Quote Originally Posted by Transhumanism View Post
    Sup guys.
    So I've been playing three mages since Shadowlands release and my cocnlusion about pvp so far looks really bad.

Reason for that is that I can barely deal damage with the amount of pressure other classes (especially melee classes) have.
    It's different towards other caster classes, everything is slowed down since they need to cast and you have plenty of time to react and make decisions.

The moment I am getting attacked by a melee class, doesn't matter if it's a dk, feral, rogue, paladin or warrior, I have a hard time dealing damage at all. Faking kicks just isn't worth it since most of those classes deal ridicoulos damage and I just don't have the time to fake kicks.

I am eating >5k crits left and right and kiting is impossible with the amount of gapclosers most melee classes, even ret paladin, which is considered a "wheelchair" class is able to oneshot me during one GCD (when I spellsteal the hand of freedom for example).

Mages might do fine in Arena/Bgs when it comes to crowd control, but besides that the class feels like a wet noodle right now. Even fire mage is useless, since Blizzard nerfed ignite to a point where it deals laughable damage you're relying on the full duration of combustion to deal damage with fire blast/pyroblast which is nearly impossible with shamans, priests, demon hunters and mages being able to purge it.

Blizzard really needs to do some adjustments to the class for example increasing the amount of damage absorbed by the shields and reducing the cooldown of blink/alter time and the shields.

What is your opinion? Are you enjoying pvp right now or did you decide to wait until your class gets buffed/other classes get nerfed?

Have you ever stopped to think that Mage is a control slash livelord class? Or do you expect to have insane damage, insane mobility, insane control and insane defensive CDs as balanced?
    I know you want to think Mage has been one of the top Pvp classes for 16 years because the Mage class attracts the best players. Dont fool yourself. Mage has been Meta for 16 years because its kit is broke af
    Last edited by Sunslayer; 2020-12-20 at 06:38 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Sunslayer View Post
    Have you ever stopped to think that Mage is a control slash livelord class? Or do you expect to have insane damage, insane mobility, insane control and insane defensive CDs as balanced?
    I know you want to think Mage has been one of the top Pvp classes for 16 years because the Mage class attracts the best players. Dont fool yourself. Mage has been Meta for 16 years because its kit is broke af
    In arena.

In wpvp, you die in less than 2 sec vs a feral druid or a sub rogue.

pvp in wow: the clown of gaming
    top guild member
    multi gladiator

giving wow insight daily - expert in wow

Fire mages can 100-0 you. just l2p?

Quote Originally Posted by enigma77 View Post
    World of meleecraft, from the year 2010 wants its time machine back.

Do yourself a favor, save yourself much frustration and give up playing caster classes in pvp. They're not meant to be enjoyable.
    I just un-subbed from WOW after trying Mage, Lock, and Priest it's a S$%^%$t Show being caster now. No fun at all