Page 16 of 21 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Stormwolf64 View Post
    What the fuck is the problem with giving every class some utility like interrupt? what possible damage can it have to the balance?
    I'm not a good PvP'er, but I would imagine it could screw the balance in PvP if every class had an interrupts with a short CD. But then again, this issues I'm describing has been here since God knows how long. If you give a class an ability in PvE it usually also has to work in PvP as well. Same thing with items. An example is theVial of Shadows trinket in Cataclysm which was changed because it performed too well in PvP despite being a PvE item.

Quote Originally Posted by Nosnogard View Post
    I'm not a good PvP'er, but I would imagine it could screw the balance in PvP if every class had an interrupts with a short CD. But then again, this issues I'm describing has been here since God knows how long. If you give a class an ability in PvE it usually also has to work in PvP as well. Same thing with items. An example is theVial of Shadows trinket in Cataclysm which was changed because it performed too well in PvP despite being a PvE item.
    Regardless what certain players or blizzard on very few occasions try to tell you, pve is the true game. At some point blizzard has to make a choice and fix this shit. Better to fix pve first and work on pvp after.

Quote Originally Posted by Stormwolf64 View Post
    Regardless what certain players or blizzard on very few occasions try to tell you, pve is the true game. At some point blizzard has to make a choice and fix this shit. Better to fix pve first and work on pvp after.
    Don't particularly agree here, but they can easly make cds of things work differently in arenas/bgs. Just change a casters interrupt if you wanna shorten it in bgs/arenas and boom done. Not every change has to effect pve, we are at 2021, coding is improved since 2005. But they should not fuck pvp just because of pvers. Those bastards also gone through some shit.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Thalrend View Post
    I am typing this because I am genuinely about to break my keyboard with anger. 1310 rio Warlock here, Literally need 2 more dungeons to get +15 mount, grinded 12 hours per day since this reset if not more. Why? Because I didn't get a single dungeon invite this week. Zero. I applied more than 150 dungeons, not a single invite. What does the community require from you do get bloody invites? 1.3 K rio, 215 I lvl and how does everybody expecting to you to have more? I have been only doing my keys but at this point I just cannot stand going to some of the places for the 4th -5th bloody time.

So heres my question, what do you require from your pugs to invite them to your high m+ pluses?
    Theres no real interrupt technology in warlock today thats probably the reason :P There is huge utility issue. Lock is good for raid for myth+ is a bit flat. The times when MORE DOTS hits the road jack has gone.

If you have time to que for 150 fucking dungeons, then you have time to make a group yourself.

I am typing this because I am genuinely about to break my keyboard with anger. 1310 rio Warlock here, Literally need 2 more dungeons to get +15 mount, grinded 12 hours per day since this reset if not more. Why? Because I didn't get a single dungeon invite this week. Zero. I applied more than 150 dungeons, not a single invite. What does the community require from you do get bloody invites? 1.3 K rio, 215 I lvl and how does everybody expecting to you to have more? I have been only doing my keys but at this point I just cannot stand going to some of the places for the 4th -5th bloody time.

So heres my question, what do you require from your pugs to invite them to your high m+ pluses?
    your pugging as a non meta dps class. Its basicly like trying to do a marathon with 1 leg.

Your best option is to run our own key tbh. Sure, it will suck trying to find tanks but its probobly your best bet. Any group leader will pick either a mage/hunter/monk/druid/dk as dps even with slightly lower rio or ilvl over a lock.
    None of us really changes over time. We only become more fully what we are.

Quote Originally Posted by czarek View Post
    Theres no real interrupt technology in warlock today thats probably the reason :P There is huge utility issue. Lock is good for raid for myth+ is a bit flat. The times when MORE DOTS hits the road jack has gone.
    You know that all warlock specs have interrupts? Affliction/Destro have the same standard range interrupt as mages for example. I'm amazed by the amount of false informations about a class being spread in this thread lol. And if the warlock isnt using the felhunter he is probably just as misinformed as you and believes in some fairy tales that his imp will do more dps when in reality all pets are normalized. But then again you get way more bad hunters / mages than warlocks due to all the fotm chasers rerolling.

Warlock also can use imp to help the healer dispell debuffs (Theater lich boss / last boss spires), you can purge enemies with the doggo you can stop important mechanics with death coil (Stalker's bite in mist or loyal beasts in halls) you got a aoe stun, you can use banish in plaguefall. You got healthstones and there are some gateway skips you can use to your advantage. You can use curse of tongues on casters to help with interrupt issues, increasing casttime by 30%. There is no utility issue, there are only ignorant people who dont know shit about a class.

There is no issue with their damage either.
    Last edited by lonely zergling; 2021-01-14 at 11:17 AM.

There's also curse of exhaustion, a baseline 50% slow with no cd for spiteful or kiting in general.

5+ Year Old Account

U applied 150 times n never it occured to u to make ur own group?...

Sorri, but im confused...

10+ Year Old Account
    Welcome to Warlock life in M+.

You're basically a firemage without the utility or budget hunter without the utility. The only actual unique utility Warlock has is Healthstone and it's mostly a "nice to have" thing and not essential like lust provided by Mages/Hunters.

DPS-wise Warlock is really not bad at all in M+, I'd say about Fire Mage level. But Mages provide a MUCH sought after lust that every decent party wants given the drums nerf, while Hunters simply do pure mongo DPS.

So yes, so it happens that every party nobrainer looking for Mage/Hunter because lust and that's one DPS spot gone, then they usually want melee for more interrupts, so you end up competing for single remaining DD spot with bajillion other applicants out of which Warlocks are not particularly the best or obvious choice anyway.

Anything other than HS - name it and you will find out other classes can do too and often do better anyway. Warlocks do make more sense in Plaguefall with banish, but then Boomkins can get same results with Entangle anyway while having usually better DPS and CR.

That's why things are as they are - people here can build castles in the sky all they like with their warlock spell lists, but it's simply down to what's trash or rarely useful vs what's actually essential - thus people beeline Mages/Hunters.

Quote Originally Posted by ztkraptor View Post
    What utility have they gained in the past 2-3 weeks?

- - - Updated - - -

You seem like the type of person who does something the hard way, just to do it and tell people you did it the hard way while they are done and did it the easy way.
    healthstone, combat res, aoe stun, interrupt? that is literally what mage has, except u trade immunity for hearhstone and combat res. U keep proving that u have no clue about the game

I don't pug, so I rely on Guildies to run Keys... as a Healer that's no usually a problem, but it's a small Flex/Heroic guild so there are weeks where I struggle to run more than a few Keys.

Anyway, if I were to Pug, I'd make my own group with own Key instead of spamming others for an invite. I realise this gets difficult when you need X dungeon to finish your seasonal achievement, but honestly what's the rush?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by HCLM View Post
    healthstone, combat res, aoe stun, interrupt? that is literally what mage has, except u trade immunity for hearhstone and combat res. U keep proving that u have no clue about the game
    People come up with these shitlists, but in reality the only thing worthwhile Warlocks bring there is HS. Everything else you can get off just about anyone. A lot of classes can CR and all engineers can as well. But when it comes to actual utility that gets in you groups - Mages shit on Warlocks simply because of Time Warp.

Every utility aside HS can be replaced by many other classes and specs. And HS itself is just a nice to have thing, hardly something people actively seek out when they fill out the group.

Quote Originally Posted by Jinpachi View Post
    Since you misunderstood me, I'll repeat it, since the only toddler here is the OP. When people tell you to make your own group, they're not telling you to PUG, They're literally telling you to form a squad you can run with on a regular basis, since that's the intent of the M+ system to fucking begin with. The point still stands. Make your own group, quit bitching, and fucking deal with it. Or as others would say, L2P and git gud.
    It’s difficult to learn playing and gitting gud if no one invites you because you’re not the fotm class/spec, you know.

Quote Originally Posted by Malviouz View Post
    Make your own group and stop crying.
    You have no control over what dungeon your key will be for. If the guy is looking for a specific dungeon to complete his final couple of dungeons how can he do that....

I mean he can try and get someone with that key to join his group but that is probably harder than finding a group with that key to invite him.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Guilford View Post
    Damage is a MASSIVE factor in M+ and Aff Warlocks have it in spades.
    It's not a unique thing for Warlocks, that all and even then - it's definitely not the S tier Hunter crap.

It really does not matter what happens in +20 keys and shit like that, where Aff has actual time to set up the shop. The problem is where 95% of population is - namely 15 and lower.

The problem also is that 90% of population plays dps specs. It's way easier to get a spot as a tank or healer but sadly not all classes have such luxury.

You're a warlock. You bring damage and nothing else. If you happen to use the dog it's still a 24 second interrupt and ya for no real utility other than a gate (how useful is this?) and I guess health stones but could just bring hp pots and bring a useful class. So you are left with either make a group yourself or reroll.

Quote Originally Posted by Gaidax View Post
    It's not a unique thing for Warlocks, that all and even then - it's definitely not the S tier Hunter crap.

It really does not matter what happens in +20 keys and shit like that, where Aff has actual time to set up the shop. The problem is where 95% of population is - namely 15 and lower.
    But at keys, what, 13 and lower the meta doesn't matter at all- you could bring 3 Survivals, a prot war and a disc healer and time any key. People act like it matters because they're shit, but I've never seen as many bad MM hunters, mages and boomkins as now in my own keys when the FOTM rerollers think they're suddenly hot shit as they do less than 4k overall damage in a +12 dungeon and fail at mechanics but blame the tank. I don't think most of the population hovers around the 15 key range as of now- just the most vocal portion of it, just as I believe the most vocal raiders are those who have AOTC now and begin trudging through Mythic; they're the worst metaslaves of them all as well.
    It is all that is left unsaid upon which tragedies are built -Kreia

The internet: where to every action is opposed an unequal overreaction.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Guilford View Post
    Where does the meta mindset come from? What is it based on? The 20+ keys. You just posted a bunch of garbage.
    Bruv, you just showed one small snippet of warlocks ever being placed there. That all.

Don't get too cocky. In the end of the day what defines meta is not one off week, but what actually happens thorough the season.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Jastall View Post
    But at keys, what, 13 and lower the meta doesn't matter at all- you could bring 3 Survivals, a prot war and a disc healer and time any key. People act like it matters because they're shit, but I've never seen as many bad MM hunters, mages and boomkins as now in my own keys when the FOTM rerollers think they're suddenly hot shit as they do less than 4k overall damage in a +12 dungeon and fail at mechanics but blame the tank. I don't think most of the population hovers around the 15 key range as of now- just the most vocal portion of it, just as I believe the most vocal raiders are those who have AOTC now and begin trudging through Mythic; they're the worst metaslaves of them all as well.
    This does not matter what you could bring. It matters what people want to bring. People want lust, people want easy mongo dps. Thus mages and hunters are going in. That all. There is no gamble there.

The OP posted whatever he posted not of boredom, he did it because it is legit that warlocks are not a hot invite in M+ to the extent a few golden children of this season are, not even close.

You don't even need to be dishonest about it - go search for +15. You will have plenty of "MAGE" and shit like that in requests. Good luck seeing "lock" there.
    Last edited by Gaidax; 2021-01-15 at 12:27 AM.