Quote Originally Posted by RobertoCarlos View Post
    You would hope so with dozens of shows coming out.

But what is innovative for super heroes? Adding a different genre to the cake like Legion or new mutants already did and this seems to be along that vein. Or maybe another decade hop? Like the black and white of the 50s? Even though X-men decade jump for the hell of it. And Cap Marvel did it, Cap America did it.

I dont see the innovation is what im saying.
    It's supposed to be fairly retro/sitcom in style, almost like Bewitched. Vision and Scarlet Witch playing house, trying to be normal under the watchful gaze of a nosy neighbor (Katherine Hahn). I've heard it described as "creepy" and "somewhat tragic", although I'm guessing the tragedy comes from the viewer's knowledge of what happens to the happy couple.

Quote Originally Posted by eschatological View Post
    It's supposed to be fairly retro/sitcom in style, almost like Bewitched. Vision and Scarlet Witch playing house, trying to be normal under the watchful gaze of a nosy neighbor (Katherine Hahn). I've heard it described as "creepy" and "somewhat tragic", although I'm guessing the tragedy comes from the viewer's knowledge of what happens to the happy couple.
    Mmm I guess if its more 80s/90s sitcom that is SOMETHING.

But I've seen that done before 10 odd years ago on supernatural with the trickster episode.

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt1511910/

Actually over 10 years ago, 2009.

I've seen the Trickster episode. I think the difference is that Dean/Sam know something is wrong and are trying to escape, whereas SW/Vision are trying to live the Pleasantville life and blend in, in the background of the Sokovia Accords, iirc.

Quote Originally Posted by PACOX View Post

We're going be watching the MCU in our retirement homes. Missing the spiders.
    They all look so un-interesting.. more interested in seeing the Snyder cut for Justice League than all these shows.

Shame WB has an amazing ability to trash it's own hits and make them worse than they could be.

I wonder if the tragic stuff is the realization that in the end it's all "Mojo-vision."

Quote Originally Posted by Winter Blossom View Post
    I saw the Loki trailer on YouTube last night—looked pretty good, imo.
    Ah I haven't seen it, a bit jaded by entertainment industry atm, I'd probably change my mind when I see their trailer

I've seen the Trickster episode. I think the difference is that Dean/Sam know something is wrong and are trying to escape, whereas SW/Vision are trying to live the Pleasantville life and blend in, in the background of the Sokovia Accords, iirc.
    I dunno...they dont know something is wrong straight away. Also unknown force behind this sit com based new reality they find themselves in that is doomed to end at some point? Seems some kind of similarities here. But hey its hard to come up with completely new ideas and its certainly not the typical origin story so it will be nice to see a big budget show have a bit of a weird take. I only ask people dont act like its completely innovative and ignore what came before it. Like how Black Panthar was the first black superhero lead film completely forgetting their own earlier films with Blade.

I dunno...they dont know something is wrong straight away. Also unknown force behind this sit com based new reality they find themselves in that is doomed to end at some point? Seems some kind of similarities here. But hey its hard to come up with completely new ideas and its certainly not the typical origin story so it will be nice to see a big budget show have a bit of a weird take. I only ask people dont act like its completely innovative and ignore what came before it. Like how Black Panthar was the first black superhero lead film completely forgetting their own earlier films with Blade.
    I see a lot of rumors that Agatha Harkness is supposed to be the villain in this which is Kathryn Hahn's character, although her name is just Agnes. Suppose we'll have to see, though.
    Just don't reply to me. Please. If you can help it.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Beloren View Post
    They all look so un-interesting.. more interested in seeing the Snyder cut for Justice League than all these shows.

Shame WB has an amazing ability to trash it's own hits and make them worse than they could be.
    I was only interested in dr.S2 being horror, goddamn pussies for not doing that..

Hmm...Hailee Steinfeld is playing Kate Bishop in Hawkeye...interesting choice.

Stood in the Fire
    5+ Year Old Account
    https://screenrant.com/deadpool-3-mo...nfirmed-feige/

"Kevin Feige confirmed that Deadpool 3 will be considered part of the MCU, despite the previous 2 Deadpool films taking place in the X-Men universe."

https://screenrant.com/mcu-future-20...s-kevin-feige/

"Marvel Studios president Kevin Feige reveals they currently have the MCU planned out five to six years in advance, taking Marvel to 2026/2027."

Looking good, was afraid (still is) that they would ruin Deadpool, but there is hope `

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kreuger View Post
    https://screenrant.com/deadpool-3-mo...nfirmed-feige/

"Kevin Feige confirmed that Deadpool 3 will be considered part of the MCU, despite the previous 2 Deadpool films taking place in the X-Men universe."

https://screenrant.com/mcu-future-20...s-kevin-feige/

"Marvel Studios president Kevin Feige reveals they currently have the MCU planned out five to six years in advance, taking Marvel to 2026/2027."

Looking good, was afraid (still is) that they would ruin Deadpool, but there is hope `
    I hope Blade gets the same treatment. Im not betting on it though.

- - - Updated - - -

Like how Black Panthar was the first black superhero lead film completely forgetting their own earlier films with Blade.

The first Blade movies weren't superhero movies. Doesn't matter if he is a Marvel character, the movies were billed as action/horror. Also he wasn't exactly someone the kids could look up to. Same goes for Spawn.

Resident Cosplay Progressive

The first Blade movies weren't superhero movies. Doesn't matter if he is a Marvel character, the movies were billed as action/horror. Also he wasn't exactly someone the kids could look up to. Same goes for Spawn.
    There is plenty for kids to look up to with blade. Wesley Snipes showed the importance of paying your taxes, an important life lesson for all I say!

And the futility of trying to ice skate up hill.

And the futility of trying to ice skate up hill.
    Some muthafuckas always trying, though.

I hope Blade gets the same treatment. Im not betting on it though.

- - - Updated - - -

Was super hero a genre in the days of the first Blade movies? I don't think so, I remember films like Superman and Batmans being under action/thriller etc,

Quote Originally Posted by Beloren View Post
    Was super hero a genre in the days of the first Blade movies? I don't think so, I remember films like Superman and Batmans being under action/thriller etc,
    I mean, the aforementioned Superman/Batman movies existed in the 80s and 90s. But they were considered campy.

I don't think people really considered doing "superhero" movies seriously til the original Sam Raimi Spider-Man movies. And my contention is that The Matrix led the way in terms of showing "superpowered" individuals kicking ass.

I mean, the aforementioned Superman/Batman movies existed in the 80s and 90s. But they were considered campy.

I don't think people really considered doing "superhero" movies seriously til the original Sam Raimi Spider-Man movies. And my contention is that The Matrix led the way in terms of showing "superpowered" individuals kicking ass.
    It’s probably only within the last 10 years that there has been enough movies for this to become a fully fledged genre - but it has been a sub genre for much longer

First two episodes of WandaVision are delightfully funny. Can’t wait for the rest!
    "Auto-correct is my worst enema."

I see Chris Evans is interested in reprising Steve Rogers again. I'm happy about it since I'm a big fan.

I'm going to guess he'll take an advisor role to Sam and Bucky like he did when he lost his Super Soldier Serum and was an old man advising them in the comics.
    Just don't reply to me. Please. If you can help it.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Anastacy View Post
    First two episodes of WandaVision are delightfully funny. Can’t wait for the rest!
    Like a cozy blanket

though, who is trying to wake her up??