Poll: Should Congress Impeach Trump Again?

Page 26 of 28 FirstFirst ...
LastLast

Alliance

Quote Originally Posted by Felya View Post
    He literally said “trial by combat”... lol
    I am not seeing that in the transcript.

https://www.usnews.com/news/politics...s-capitol-riot
    PROUD PROUD PROUD PROUD
    PROUD PROUD PROUD PROUD
    PROUD PROUD PROUD PROUD
    PROUD PROUD PROUD PROUD
    PROUD PROUD PROUD PROUD
    PROUD PROUD PROUD PROUD

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zeth Hawkins View Post

Heyyyy you never did answer my question about why you feel entitled to rock a "Happy Pride" banner while shitting all over riots like... Stonewall, by the by.

Also we are well aware the American legal system is set up in such a way as to excuse incitement of white supremacy.
    Quote Originally Posted by Marjane Satrapi
    The world is not divided between East and West. You are American, I am Iranian, we don't know each other, but we talk and understand each other perfectly. The difference between you and your government is much bigger than the difference between you and me. And the difference between me and my government is much bigger than the difference between me and you. And our governments are very much the same.

10+ Year Old Account

Dude, am talking about Guiliani... Trump convinced his supporters that the election was stolen, with the entire premise of the rally, being to stop the steal. How were they going to do that? Chant very loud?

If not to lead an insurrection, why was Trump lying that the election was stolen? What was the point?
    Folly and fakery have always been with us... but it has never before been as dangerous as it is now, never in history have we been able to afford it less. - Isaac Asimov
    Every damn thing you do in this life, you pay for. - Edith Piaf
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell
    No amount of belief makes something a fact. - James Randi

10+ Year Old Account
    Dude, am talking about Guiliani... Trump convinced his supporters that the election was stolen, with the entire premise of the rally, being to stop the steal. How were they going to do that? Chant very loud?
    That's the funny thing; both people opposed to Trump and Trump's true believers know what he means, it's only the "concerned independents" that seem to have trouble discerning the dogwhistles.
    The world is not divided between East and West. You are American, I am Iranian, we don't know each other, but we talk and understand each other perfectly. The difference between you and your government is much bigger than the difference between you and me. And the difference between me and my government is much bigger than the difference between me and you. And our governments are very much the same.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Elegiac View Post
    Also we are well aware the American legal system is set up in such a way as to excuse incitement of white supremacy.
    Dude... you think they will answer that? Aim lower... make a poop joke... more smilies...
    Folly and fakery have always been with us... but it has never before been as dangerous as it is now, never in history have we been able to afford it less. - Isaac Asimov
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell

10+ Year Old Account
    Dude... you think they will answer that? Aim lower... make a poop joke... more smilies...
    If there is one thing I have learned from my Sinology studies, it's that legalists have always, always been insufferable parasites. From that day until this, war legalism never changes.

10+ Year Old Account
    That's the funny thing; both people opposed to Trump and Trump's true believers know what he means, it's only the "concerned independents" that seem to have trouble discerning the dogwhistles.
    Aiming too high... these people were filming them selfs committing federal crime. They took private jets to stop the steal. What Trump is doing is exploitative...

Alliance

Heyyyy you never did answer my question about why you feel entitled to rock a "Happy Pride" banner while shitting all over riots like... Stonewall, by the by.
    Entitled? Having a pro pride signature is not a privilege or special treatment, so I do not know where your feeling of entitlement is coming from. This is also unrelated to the thread.

It is not. Where are you pulling this racial angle from? Is this another attempt to derail?
    PROUD PROUD PROUD PROUD
    PROUD PROUD PROUD PROUD
    PROUD PROUD PROUD PROUD
    PROUD PROUD PROUD PROUD
    PROUD PROUD PROUD PROUD
    PROUD PROUD PROUD PROUD

Quote Originally Posted by Stormdash View Post
    Think you're kind of missing the point.
    You say "if."
    I say "when."

Just like I told everyone that has said Trump will win the election..."you will be wrong."
    Just as I told everyone that has said Trump will serve another term..."you will be wrong."

And now I'm telling you..."you will be wrong."

10+ Year Old Account
    Where are you pulling this racial angle from? Is this another attempt to derail?
    They killed a cop while carrying a blue lives matters flag...

10+ Year Old Account
    Also this impeachment is a function of his incitement a terrorist attack by white supremacists, so it is entirely relevant to the thread.

And before we get "They weren't white supremacists they were Trump supporters blah blah" there's no functional distinction between the ideologies, either.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Stormdash View Post
    Think you're kind of missing the point. Literally everything I typed refers to things that would begin to take place after (and obviously if) the Senate voted in the majority to disqualify him from future office.

Either he'd sue the Senate immediately, or he'd ignore it and decide to run. He'd go to, say, Ohio and say "Ohio I'd like to run for President". Ohio would check its own election laws, see that he satisfies them to be eligible under Ohio law, and say "here ya go, best of luck".

Now, at this point, does Chuck Schumer or the new Senate Judiciary chair (not sure who this is with Feinstein not staying on the committee?) sue the state of Ohio to enjoin them from letting Trump be on their ballot?

All it takes is an attention span slightly longer than that of a house cat to realize "huh, that could get complicated"
    You seem to place an awful lot of faith in Trump winning a litany of involved court battles over the matter.

What's his track record been on those so far?

Has he been keeping an envoy of whip-smart constitutional lawyers in the wings and just chose to toss the most piss-poor, comically laughable and inept lawyers at his attempts to overturn the election?
    Last edited by Kaleredar; 2021-01-15 at 03:06 AM.
    “Do not lose time on daily trivialities. Do not dwell on petty detail. For all of these things melt away and drift apart within the obscure traffic of time. Live well and live broadly. You are alive and living now. Now is the envy of all of the dead.” ~ Emily3, World of Tomorrow
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.

Alliance

Dude, am talking about Guiliani...
    And we were discussing President Trump, the person being impeached for incitement. Whether Guiliani did is a separate topic entirely. Regarding that, and having watched the clip, I could certainly see the argument for that being incitement. I will not be upset if he is brought to task and held accountable for that remark.

Trump convinced his supporters that the election was stolen, with the entire premise of the rally, being to stop the steal. How were they going to do that? Chant very loud?
    Would seem so. Mass public support for President Trump and pressure against those in the Capitol seemed to be the end goal for him. We know President Trump is not a fan of going quietly into the night or showing weakness. He loves reveling in himself, so this could have also been for his own ego. I am not him, so I do not know.
    PROUD PROUD PROUD PROUD
    PROUD PROUD PROUD PROUD
    PROUD PROUD PROUD PROUD
    PROUD PROUD PROUD PROUD
    PROUD PROUD PROUD PROUD
    PROUD PROUD PROUD PROUD

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by matheney2k View Post
    Um what? It isn't even up for debate anymore whether he did or did not. President Trump incited violence against the US government and was impeached for exactly that. “incitement to insurrection” was what he was charged with.
    Why are you lying?
    What he meant was...
    Quote Originally Posted by SpaghettiMonk View Post
    And again, let’s presume equity in schools is achievable. Then why should a parent read to a child?

Um what? It isn't even up for debate anymore whether he did or did not. President Trump incited violence against the US government and was impeached for exactly that. Why are you lying?
    He's a cultist, he believes what Trump says is true.

10+ Year Old Account
    And we were discussing President Trump, the person being impeached for incitement. Whether Guiliani did is a separate topic entirely. Regarding that, and having watched the clip, I could certainly see the argument for that being incitement. I will not be upset if he is brought to task and held accountable for that remark.
    How is it a separate topic, when it’s the same Trump, stop the steal really? WTF? You funny... lol

Would seem so. Mass public support for President Trump and pressure against those in the Capitol seemed to be the end goal for him. We know President Trump is not a fan of going quietly into the night or showing weakness. He loves reveling in himself, so this could have also been for his own ego. I am not him, so I do not know.
    But, you know that he didn’t incite the riot? You don’t know why he lied about the election, but you know why he held the rally?

Cringe... lol

10+ Year Old Account

Seeing as his terrorists are being rounded up by the FBI in droves, he's been banned from practically all social media, was impeached a SECOND time, and Biden is STILL going to be president on the 20th along with a democrat controlled house and senate...

How well did that work out for him? Has Trump finally given up on winning that 5-dimensional chess match he's supposedly playing?
    “Do not lose time on daily trivialities. Do not dwell on petty detail. For all of these things melt away and drift apart within the obscure traffic of time. Live well and live broadly. You are alive and living now. Now is the envy of all of the dead.” ~ Emily3, World of Tomorrow
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.

Alliance

...Okay? Unless he was a different race than his attackers, there is no racial angle here. Regardless, this is forbidden topic territory, so can we not?
    PROUD PROUD PROUD PROUD
    PROUD PROUD PROUD PROUD
    PROUD PROUD PROUD PROUD
    PROUD PROUD PROUD PROUD
    PROUD PROUD PROUD PROUD
    PROUD PROUD PROUD PROUD

10+ Year Old Account
    ...Okay? Unless he was a different race than his attackers, there is no racial angle here. Regardless, this is forbidden topic territory, so can we not?
    What does race have to do with a Blue Lives Matters flag? I am merely pointing out the hypocrisy of killing a cop with a BLM flag. I don’t see color...

Edit: I only see colors on flags... that’s how I knew it was a blue lives matters flag... just getting it out there, before someone calls me out on inconsistency.
    - - - Updated - - -

I liked what Stephen Colbert said about it. That's like a lifeguard that comes out to rescue you, but instead of bringing you to shore he shoves your head underwater and drowns you.
    No, it’s like a fire fighter, using a fire extinguisher, to kill a cop... while carrying a blue lives matter flag... oh wait... a Trump supporter literally did that...
    Last edited by Felya; 2021-01-15 at 03:20 AM.

Alliance

Quote Originally Posted by Santti View Post
    What he meant was...
    Yes, those on the fringe left are using the "what he meant was" argument. Myself and others are still waiting for them to supply a quote (from President Trump, @Felya) of incitement toward the violence that occurred.
    PROUD PROUD PROUD PROUD
    PROUD PROUD PROUD PROUD
    PROUD PROUD PROUD PROUD
    PROUD PROUD PROUD PROUD
    PROUD PROUD PROUD PROUD
    PROUD PROUD PROUD PROUD