Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by dread05 View Post
    Just a gripe I have with TC, some clases have a much better experience than others. Prot paladin and demo lock clearing layer 8 in my guild meanwhile I failed layer 1 twice cause my pet was getting two shot at floor 17.
    As Prot pala noped on tier 1 due rng said i can only have one 15%hp upgrade after 17 floors. Boss had roomwide aoe so gg.

Quote Originally Posted by Stormwolf64 View Post
    So i finally reached the point where i can do Choregast twisting choreidors. I always read you get the mount after 18 floors and this has been repeated many times around the web. And what absolute idiocy gets people to keep repeating that is just unfathomable to me. You enter with absolute faith that you can do it with 18 grueling floors, but then you realize: you actually have to do 144 floors in fact. 8 god damned layers with 18 levels each. A bit more than 18 is it not? just 1 teensy weensy bit. Choregast scrapped and nothing lost inchingfinger:

Sorry, just had to vent
    Sorry, but I just see no point whining about it.

1. You misunderstood.
    2. It's a completely optional challenge which is not time limiterd.

And I don't know why you call the floors grueling (exhausting?). You can storm through them if you know what you're doing.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Greengrim View Post
    Sorry, but I just see no point whining about it.

1. You misunderstood.
    2. It's a completely optional challenge which is not time limiterd.

And I don't know why you call the floors grueling (exhausting?). You can storm through them if you know what you're doing.
    just wanted to say i find it boring to and after doing everything there is to be done there also sad, your power get multiplied many times in there and then you go back to m+ or raiding and things feels so much slower
    actually that nice that someone find it entertaining for more than 2 days overall

"Hope for the best and prepare for the worst"

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dracullus View Post
    Yep, part of WoW community is still terrible, thank you for daily reminder OP. When you wonder why SL is so heavily gated, just read complains from all these "I hate Thorghast (BoReGhaSt, ChOrEgHaSt, ChupaChupsGhast look how funny I am), but I HAVE to spend 48 hours here for optional mount (to save ~10 minutes each day) or I burst".

Same with gear, people asked for no warforge for 6+ years and praise Vanilla for "loot matters" strategy. Now they expect to gear up in two resets.
    Chupachupsghast, now that is funny

Quote Originally Posted by Deneios View Post
    As Prot pala noped on tier 1 due rng said i can only have one 15%hp upgrade after 17 floors. Boss had roomwide aoe so gg.
    I had to ramp to 170k life to do layer 1 without my pet getting 2 shot. After that it was a breeze, both 1 and 2. Didnt have time to do 3 yet.

Quote Originally Posted by kosajk View Post
    just wanted to say i find it boring to and after doing everything there is to be done there also sad, your power get multiplied many times in there and then you go back to m+ or raiding and things feels so much slower
    actually that nice that someone find it entertaining for more than 2 days overall
    Don't get me wrong, I don't particularly enjoy Torghast. I'm 31 and I have a kid, wife and job to look after. My game-time has come down from 10 hours per day to 2-3 hours per day. I really don't have the time or desire to do the same thing 144 times.

But that wasn't the point at all to be honest. OP simply misunderstood whatever he had read (that you get mount after 18 floors) and then calls the 18 floors grueling (which google translate tells me means 'exhausting' , sorry English is not my mother tongue) which implies that he's having a hard time in there - and that really isn't the case if you've spent 15 minutes to read the essentials on your class for Torghast. Apart from that he's calling it "Choreghast" as if he's obliged in doing any of it. The corridors are completely optional and will not stop one's progression in any way at all.

Quote Originally Posted by Neuroticaine View Post
    I believe the concept they were going for was called "hyperbole."
    And it's a bad thing to do if you want to have your argument taken seriously. Another bad thing is giving the topic a childish insulting nickname.
    The most difficult thing to do is accept that there is nothing wrong with things you don't like and accept that people can like things you don't.

How is it CHOREghast if you ... don't have to do it?

That's like saying the Mage Tower in Legion was a boring chore, since it took so many tries.

whole problem with toghast is that you either get lucky with powers and roll everything or you just wasted >2 hours on a dead run.

Quote Originally Posted by Stormwolf64 View Post
    So i finally reached the point where i can do Choregast twisting choreidors. I always read you get the mount after 18 floors and this has been repeated many times around the web. And what absolute idiocy gets people to keep repeating that is just unfathomable to me. You enter with absolute faith that you can do it with 18 grueling floors, but then you realize: you actually have to do 144 floors in fact. 8 god damned layers with 18 levels each. A bit more than 18 is it not? just 1 teensy weensy bit. Choregast scrapped and nothing lost inchingfinger:

Sorry, just had to vent
    where did you hear that you got it after 18 floors? sounds like you didnt know how to read and now you are mad.
    also man you love your buzzwords.
    and guess what you only gotta do it once, you only gotta do it ONCE, and guess what, YOU DONT NEED TO DO IT
    its optional, 100% optinal

next time before you vent do some research.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by ohwell View Post
    Problem is gear won't change it. If you can't clear it now, it's not a matter of gear so unless they plan on nerfing it, you still won't and I would be fairly sure it's going the way of mage tower when next xpac comes.
    yes gear very much effects it, what are you talking about?

All the powers scale off your stats, and your gear, so your starting gear will make it easier as you get it, not INSANELY easy, but MUCH easier.

Yes it's very long, gets boring because not exactly hard just random. Makes me sad

Imagine being able to read. I have seen anyone saying just 18 floor for the mount. WoWHead, these forums, reddit always suggested 8-16 hours time investment regardless of the floors.

"We want Solocontent"
    "We want QoL Content"
    "We want something new"
    "We want to work for things"
    "We want something old"
    "We want another motivation besides gear"
    "We want optional content"
    "We want [enter something]"

BUT we don't actually want these things, we just want to complain.

I think twisting Corridors hast some serious design flaws (having to go through half an hour of faceroll content to know wether the powers you got were good enough to mathimatically have a chance of beating the final Boss is not really fun gameplay to me) and telling Blizzard that you want them to make design changes so that you can enjoy that optional challenge better is fine.

Complaining about that there is too much optional content and that you want there to be less optional content, because you dont enjoy it, but want the optional rewards is kind of a dick move on the other hands.
    "And all those exclamation marks, you notice? Five?
    A sure sign of someone who wears his underpants on his head."

It's a good indicator to separate people who have too much free-time and the people who actually do anything productive in their lives.

Quote Originally Posted by Eazy View Post
    It's a good indicator to separate people who have too much free-time and the people who actually do anything productive in their lives.

You mean like writing 3 Posts on a forum every day for the last 10 years?

I dont mint Thorgast, doin 8 floors twice a week is ok and I kinda "like it". But no fucking way I will be doing Twisting corridors with all the 144 floors hoping i get uper powers so it can be finished. Its just too much luck dependent.

The audacity of some people...
    Not knowing it's 8 layers with 18 flaws is entirely OP's fault, but yet OP seeks the fault somewhere else. Honestly despicable.

Quote Originally Posted by GreatNameForSmurfingExTee View Post
    "We want Solocontent"
    "We want QoL Content"
    "We want something new"
    "We want to work for things"
    "We want something old"
    "We want another motivation besides gear"
    "We want optional content"
    "We want [enter something]"

BUT we don't actually want these things, we just want to complain.
    I would like to be able to choose a ilvl 230 piece per week regardless what I do in game but unfortunately it’s not going to happen.

Quote Originally Posted by chiddie View Post
    It’s not a difficulty issue, it’s a boredom issue.

I think I’ll happily live without the mount, I’m a shaman and I only go to the Maw for the covenant weekly plus Ve’nari weekly, won’t bother doing 144 floors until I will just be able to clear every floor with 3-4 massive pulls.

- - - Updated - - -

I wonder why the equation has to be “loot matters = 1 piece every century”. Loot matters if it’s a good upgrade, the time you have to wait for it has no correlation with it being good or bad.
    A good upgrade doesn’t get replaced every day. Therefore the timing matters.