Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account

mmochamp turned into a circle jerk

hopefully i dont get banned for this, but i think it's about time i retire these forums.

Every. single. post. is about how one part of the player base bashes the other part. and non-stop whining about how blizzard isn't making the game for them.

Peace bois. Will continue to get my news from here though.
    I 3d print stuff

And now you're starting the bash the enite userbase of mmochamp :/
    I have enough of EA ruining great franchises and studios, forcing DRM and Origin on their games, releasing incomplete games only to sell day-1 DLCs or spill dozens of DLCs, and then saying it, and microtransactions, is what players want, stopping players from giving EA games poor reviews, as well as deflecting complaints with cheap PR tricks.

I'm not going to buy any game by EA as long as they continue those practices.

So if you are going to retire from these forums, why do you hope you dont get banned ?

Alternative thread title: MMO-Champion user sees the strings which control the universe.

10+ Year Old Account
    It’s not just this website. This mentality has infected the minds of every hobby, forum, and unrelated interest on the internet. People in general have become extremely nihilistic and angry. It’s exhausting.

The pandemic also plays a role where people are quick to turn into asshats.

Quote Originally Posted by Ladey Gags View Post
    It’s not just this website. This mentality has infected the minds of every hobby, forum, and unrelated interest on the internet. People in general have become extremely nihilistic and angry. It’s exhausting.
    Sort of ironic considering your latest post... or maybe you are self-aware and you do mean yourself as well.
    Error 404 - Signature not found

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Raven View Post
    So if you are going to retire from these forums, why do you hope you dont get banned ?
    because, although i don't plan on posting "anytime soon", the 10 year member really strokes me well. I would like to not lose that. Maybe in another 5 years it won't be so toxic and i'll gladly be back to lurking around.
    I 3d print stuff

10+ Year Old Account
    10 years and you only picked on it now? Talk about slow.

Quote Originally Posted by Runicblood View Post
    hopefully i dont get banned for this, but i think it's about time i retire these forums.

Every. single. post. is about how one part of the player base bashes the other part. and non-stop whining about how blizzard isn't making the game for them.

That seems like the opposite of a circlejerk to me.

Edit: also whining that a game isn't 100% custom tailored for a single person, is kind of what the gaming community on the internet has devolved into in general.
    Last edited by BigZik; 2021-01-15 at 09:50 AM.

because, although i don't plan on posting "anytime soon", the 10 year member really strokes me well. I would like to not lose that. Maybe in another 5 years it won't be so toxic and i'll gladly be back to lurking around.
    Yep, the internet is going to suddenly become a much better place to be in the next five years. Surely. In the meantime maybe Ghostcrawler will finally get me that fucking pony he promised...

OK
    /10 char

Keyboard Turner
    3+ Year Old Account
    Dont need to post such content that you could get ban for it

These forums have always been a clusterfuck. MMO champ is great for news. The forums have always been 75% former players bashing the game and current players, but desperately hanging on to the one subculture they ever felt they belonged to. And the other 25% are people accusing others of being too casual or not casual enough.

Mind you, this goes for just about every forum on the internet, all the way back to usenet groups.

ITT: Toxic people talking about other toxic people.

MMO champ isn't a circle jerk, it's more of a toxic cesspit. And that's fine.

The Lightbringer Highlord Hanibuhl's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account

Granted, but the term circlejerk refers to a group of people that continue to agree with one another and go around in circles about it.

Bye, bye! And best of luck!

/facepalm. When was this ever not the case? If blizzard adds content of moisting turds for pets and mounts, people will go up in arms if you'd complain about it

False.

It didn't turn into one. It was born that way.

This insanely negative mentality is what the gaming communities have devolved into anywhere. For some reason individuals feel that every game should be 100% tailor made for them, their lifestyle and their interests instead of searching the game market and finding games and genres that fit them best.

The fall of MMOs is a prime example. MMOs were always games that required long term investment and featured long (sometimes tedious) grinds for cosmetic rewards, cool titles and other things to flex your epeen. Thus they attracted the corresponding audience. However we re at the point where every genre is trying to attract everyone and its not exactly working. MMOs have devolved into softcore mobile games with some grinds in between to please the original player base and you still have people being like "Bruh I cant play for 2 hrs a day with a full time job waah waaah". Instead of complaining about MMOs in general to be tailor made for them, I just wonder why these people dont just either: 1.) find a casual friendly MMO or just play an MMO but casually (possible in literally most MMOs) or 2.) play a game genre that is friendlier to people with limited time such as arena shooters, fighting games, mobas etc. Pop in, pop out 30 minute adventure.