Page 9 of 13 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by chiddie View Post
    The last item you receive from covenant campaign is 6/7 (was a chest for Necrolords but I bet it’s a chest regardless the covenant). I upgraded it to 7/7 with 300 anima and that’s all.

I don’t grind anima past the 1000 needed for the renown badge so for me upgrading them would be quite painful, I find funnier gearing via M+.
    sure, me too. but recently i wanted to do an m+ on the MM hunter with ~194ish ilvl and nothing big in rio and had to search for over an hour. +2-4 don't exist anymore and the next start at +7-8 and most are 10+. nothing to get here really, so i take every ilvl and hope the combination with the ranged dps somehow works out for an invite.
    From Ancient Terra the Emperor commands His Proud Sons.
    From revered Blood-stock these Warriors are made His Proud Sons.
    No fear they shall know as Adeptus Astartes, His Proud Sons.

Quote Originally Posted by D3athsting View Post
    No, you get an astounding amount of 3 fishes from a spirit in queen's conservatory
    The final upgrade level of the transport network gets you a portal to Oribos and spares you the long flight, but that's about the only thing that looks really interesting

Quote Originally Posted by Aggrophobic View Post
    No, it does not.
    Yes, yes it does.

Quote Originally Posted by sylenna View Post
    sure, me too. but recently i wanted to do an m+ on the MM hunter with ~194ish ilvl and nothing big in rio and had to search for over an hour. +2-4 don't exist anymore and the next start at +7-8 and most are 10+. nothing to get here really, so i take every ilvl and hope the combination with the ranged dps somehow works out for an invite.
    I feel the pain, that’s why I sticked with a healer. I’m in the 2-5 bracket atm and I’m usually insta invited.

I would like to dps too but I have little spare time and cannot afford to wait one hour hoping for my sign in to be accepted. This is unfortunately a huge issue for solo players, if you are a dps and you have not plenty of time doing M+ besides your key is impossible.

I level an alt with Threads + PvP, do the campaign, so let's say it will take me two days: I get the Covenant gear, weapon, and fill in rings, trinkets, and neck with PvP gear.

Quote Originally Posted by LauraHydra1 View Post
    The final upgrade level of the transport network gets you a portal to Oribos and spares you the long flight, but that's about the only thing that looks really interesting
    I main a mage so...
    You think you do, but you don't ©
    Rogues are fine ©
    We're pretty happy with rogues ©
    Haste will fix it ©

Quote Originally Posted by Azerate View Post
    I read this somewhere as a comment on real life
    Yeah, when I have fun mass-killing in game I also make a parallel with real-life because it's such a relevant comparison

Quote Originally Posted by kosajk View Post
    could argue here as if you also upgrade covenant you should have close to none and rather struggle to get next upgrade in 2 weeks from now that will cost 5k anima
    There really isn't any reason to upgrade your covenant. About the only thing worth anything is the portal to Oribos from rank 3 of the portal system.

Quote Originally Posted by ClassicPeon View Post
    I'm not because i am not going for it, ihate pvp in wow.

You vastly underestimate how bad people are at wow pvp though.

If you take other pvp games like cs or dota/league the tryhard community is just on another level for the non pros.

Pretty much anyone can get to 2400 if they spend some time on it.
    If you haven't done any pvp yet in wow and you think you can get glad - I will send you £1000 personally if you pull it off without being boosted/carried. You're chatting bare shit.

Quote Originally Posted by chiddie View Post
    I feel the pain, that’s why I sticked with a healer. I’m in the 2-5 bracket atm and I’m usually insta invited.

I would like to dps too but I have little spare time and cannot afford to wait one hour hoping for my sign in to be accepted. This is unfortunately a huge issue for solo players, if you are a dps and you have not plenty of time doing M+ besides your key is impossible.
    he is objectively wrong though. if he is indeed 194 then even +6 would offer him huge upgrades from weekly GV. also completing it lets him push his own keys . starting with +5.

people just aim to high . i have yet to see anyone in 6-10 use food , flasks, pots , oils etc. hell if they even used interupts / soothe / stuns properly woudl be more then enough . yet every single 200 itlv players applies to +8 or +10 for GV . why ? because 216-220 loot looks better then 210 for them . thhey dont realise nooone in lfg will carry them

lets take example of tyranical - people whine and complain how hard it makes bosses - yet if you ask them if they used flasks/pots the answer is 99,9% "no"
    Last edited by kamuimac; 2021-01-15 at 10:11 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by kamuimac View Post
    he is objectively wrong though. if he is indeed 194 then even +6 would offer him huge upgrades from weekly GV. also completing it lets him push his own keys . starting with +5.

people just aim to high . i have yet to see anyone in 6-10 use food , flasks, pots , oils etc. hell if they even used interupts / soothe / stuns properly woudl be more then enough . yet every single 200 itlv players applies to +8 or +10 for GV . why ? because 216-220 loot looks better then 210 for them . thhey dont realise nooone in lfg will carry them

lets take example of tyranical - people whine and complain how hard it makes bosses - yet if you ask them if they used flasks/pots the answer is 99,9% "no"
    As a dps you’ll always find trouble in getting invited regardless the bracket. There are just too many.

Quote Originally Posted by Aresk View Post
    Raid slots are based on the highest difficulty boss per slot. If you kill all 10 normal and 3 heroic, your 3 kill slot will be based on heroic, not normal. You can safely do LFR without invalidating the ilvl of your raid slots. It's also 3/7/10 bosses per slot, not 7 bosses per slot. Honestly, I think M+ is the best row as it's the easiest from which to get high ilvl (220 for a +10 vs 210 from heroic raid).
    I know how the weekly chest works, the raid one is still easily the worst, because the problem isn't lower difficulties ruining the chest but the absurd requirements to even unlock the high ilevel options in the first place. M+ is the easiest to max out and PvP lets you upgrade the items later once you get higher rating. Meanwhile for raid you need to clear 7 mythic bosses for the 2nd slot and 10 for the 3rd, which is completely unreasonable even once you're on farm(because guilds have a roster of more than 20 people, so only the tanks, DH, warrior, monk, mage, priest and maybe a healer or 2 are going to get the 3rd slot, and maybe 1/3rd of the team won't get the 2nd slot)

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by frenzy16 View Post
    I see a lot of people saying there's better things to spend anima on... like what? All I've seen is cosmetic rewards or useless covenant upgrades.
    Follower missions as well. Gear is the least useful thing you can spend anima on unless you literally only do WQs.
    Tradushuffle
    <Echoes>
    Laughing Skull-EU

Keyboard Turner
    3+ Year Old Account
    Definitely I unsubbed fourteen days back and left essentially that careful sentence in my thinking. Games not actually agreeable enough to remain subbed to feel anxious for what minimal new substance as it comes, and it seems like any work I put in is fixed. It's not actually a grievance, as it's as yet a good development and im sure I'll appreciate it when I return. It simply feels like there's not something to be acquired by playing at the present time, as an easygoing player. Which leaves me pondering who it's truly expected to be for.

Quote Originally Posted by frenzy16 View Post
    It's crazy to me how this week's covenant campaign upgrades are ilvl 197. I've been playing every day for the last month gearing up from campaign->normal->heroic->mythic->m+ and this week's covenant/PvP gear basically replaced everything except for a few pieces and now everyone is running around with the same gear and ilvl.
    Anyone who wants to spend several thousand anima on some upgrades - deserves what they get.

Effort begets gear ... this is the way.

Challenge Mode : Play WoW like my disability has me play:
    You will need two people, Brian MUST use the mouse for movement/looking and John MUST use the keyboard for casting, attacking, healing etc.
    Briand and John share the same goal, same intentions - but they can't talk to each other, however they can react to each other's in game activities.
    Now see how far Brian and John get in WoW.

Quote Originally Posted by rrayy View Post
    There really isn't any reason to upgrade your covenant. About the only thing worth anything is the portal to Oribos from rank 3 of the portal system.

With that logic I might tell you there isn't really any reason to play this game, it won't help you succeed in life.

Come on, it's a game where we play to have fun and to keep gathering more stuff to our accounts, letting it be, pets, mounts or achievements or even stuff for our covenants..

Quote Originally Posted by froschhure View Post
    whatever you want my post to be its not like anyhing lthat you stated. please try to understand what i tell you, instead of recreating a fake agenda of mine.btw i will ignore you now
    Why do you even bother posting on the forums, then, if all you're going to do is ignore everything people tell you that doesn't agree with your agenda?

- - - Updated - - -

I can't recall. Are you one of those "anything that doesn't contribute to player power isn't content" type people? Cause you sound like one right now.
    The most difficult thing to do is accept that there is nothing wrong with things you don't like and accept that people can like things you don't.

I like the covenant gear system, even if it could hurt my pride that I've been playing quite a bit since launch and I still use 8 pieces of it. But that's what I get from not wanting to pug content - matchmaker or guild group for me, and my guild is a bunch of old fogeys who are perfectly happy to do fun runs in low keys or torghast while dreaming of getting 10 people online at the same time so we could give normal Nathria a shot. Just like myself.

My one complaint is that anima costs are astronomical, I feel. I've probably blown 5-6000 anima on my gear, but that's just one tier 2 upgrade or mount. I thought that souls would be the main gating on upgrading the sanctum, but anima feels like it comes soooooooo slow. I think I manage around 1500 per week or something like that.

Quote Originally Posted by cparle87 View Post
    I can't recall. Are you one of those "anything that doesn't contribute to player power isn't content" type people? Cause you sound like one right now.
    NO. I am one who has called that out. I never said it wasn't content, but that it is content that doesn't have much value. Portals aren't going to matter when flying is unlocked. The anima conductor may be good for getting anima, but unless you really want the cosmetics, it is totally skipable. The mission table has become more optional than any other iteration ever has been. Unless you are a completion, there is no other point to touch it. It really is optional content.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Fearlof View Post
    With that logic I might tell you there isn't really any reason to play this game, it won't help you succeed in life.

Come on, it's a game where we play to have fun and to keep gathering more stuff to our accounts, letting it be, pets, mounts or achievements or even stuff for our covenants..
    You mean stuff that you will leave behind when the next expansion hits? Because that is the difference between the covenants and everything else you mention. YOu carry all those things you mention forward. The covenant you will leave behind. Does anyone care about their MOP farm anymore? Garrison? Order Hall? Same fate will be had by the covenant. A better use of your time(and Anima) would be to grind it to get the cosmetics as you will carry those forward, not upgrading something you will leave behind in a year and a half.

Quote Originally Posted by Hauzhi View Post
    Casual players that only do world content are not in for the gear.
    Of course they are. There's no reason to play WoW other than the gear treadmill.
    I'm a thread killer.

15+ Year Old Account
    A better use of your time(and Anima) would be to grind it to get the cosmetics as you will carry those forward, not upgrading something you will leave behind in a year and a half.
    It is funny how you say cosmetics are the only thing of value in an expansion but say that there is no value to spending anima on covenant upgrades. Upgrading ensures you get cosmetics faster. The Anima conductor gives a currency that is required to buy cosmetics. The travel networks will speed up WQ even once flying is around and I know the t3 Venthyr one at least offers a chance at drops. The mini games all offer cosmetic rewards.
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."