Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    The amount of salt and people with sub human standards for enjoyment is delicious, and nothing unexpected imagine saying chupachapagast is fun with a straight face.

You haven't even attempted it and you're venting already.
    Dude just skip it if you don't like it.
    That maw mount isn't going to make much of a difference, I spend there 10 mins a week for the weekly soul quest, that's it.

I completed layer 1 for quest and then attempted layer 2. It was going well until floor 18 of course where I rolled Cromwell and it was impossible to beat him. I expended all my deaths on him, best attempt was 31%. His plain spamcast ability was 1 hitting me from full health after a short time (4-5 stacks on boss). I tried my best. Dude, even LOSing behind pillar doesn't work for this fucker.

So there it was, 2 hours wasted.

Was I mad? Of course I was!
    Am I venting on forums? No, cos it changes nothing.
    I just steer clear of this mode. It's a giant time waste even if all 8 layers are succesfull runs on 1st attempt.

I'll do it with friends on discord, this makes it less annoying. At least you can spend 2 hrs with them on discord, instead of walking solo through those depressing same looking corridors.

Quote Originally Posted by erifwodahs View Post
    Prot pala here. Completed Layer 8 with 17k hp at the end (Anima power reducing HP every floor) doing 1M dps which basically killed the last boss under 10seconds. Paladin tanks should never be worried about HP, unless you get to choose HP vs mawrat mount/no cd lay on hands. We have more than enough of variety in what powers we can take and combine it with class toolkit.
    Well nice that you got that power but i didnt. I got the stun after using divine toll and holy dmg stuns mobs. I could stun my way to last boss but you cant perma stun it. Once the boss had enough stacks and i couldnt stun he one shotted me. Some powers should be baseline offer after bosses.

Quote Originally Posted by Athulua View Post
    You haven't even attempted it and you're venting already.
    Dude just skip it if you don't like it.
    That maw mount isn't going to make much of a difference, I spend there 10 mins a week for the weekly soul quest, that's it.

I completed layer 1 for quest and then attempted layer 2. It was going well until floor 18 of course where I rolled Cromwell and it was impossible to beat him. I expended all my deaths on him, best attempt was 31%. His plain spamcast ability was 1 hitting me from full health after a short time (4-5 stacks on boss). I tried my best. Dude, even LOSing behind pillar doesn't work for this fucker.

So there it was, 2 hours wasted.

Was I mad? Of course I was!
    Am I venting on forums? No, cos it changes nothing.
    I just steer clear of this mode. It's a giant time waste even if all 8 layers are succesfull runs on 1st attempt.

I'll do it with friends on discord, this makes it less annoying. At least you can spend 2 hrs with them on discord, instead of walking solo through those depressing same looking corridors.
    You are venting right now though. We are the same

Quote Originally Posted by Stormwolf64 View Post
    The amount of salt and people with sub human standards for enjoyment is delicious, and nothing unexpected imagine saying chupachapagast is fun with a straight face.
    "Stop enjoying what I don't...waaah, stop having fun!!!!"

salt is real.
    Last edited by Kumorii; 2021-01-15 at 11:22 AM.
    Error 404 - Signature not found

Quote Originally Posted by Kumorii View Post
    "Stop enjoying what I don't...waaah, stop having fun!!!!"

salt is real.
    Indeed. Salt is pretty widespread in this topic

Quote Originally Posted by Deneios View Post
    Well nice that you got that power but i didnt. I got the stun after using divine toll and holy dmg stuns mobs. I could stun my way to last boss but you cant perma stun it. Once the boss had enough stacks and i couldnt stun he one shotted me. Some powers should be baseline offer after bosses.
    maybe you did not collect enough? Or now maw upgrades to TG? You should have around 100-130 powers at least. (counter stops at 99 for some reason)

Quote Originally Posted by chiddie View Post
    I wonder why the equation has to be “loot matters = 1 piece every century”. Loot matters if it’s a good upgrade, the time you have to wait for it has no correlation with it being good or bad.
    If you got as many epics as during the titanforge period right now,you'd be done with gearing after a week,which is kind of silly

Blademaster
    5+ Year Old Account
    Torghast is pretty neat. looks cool. challenging to boot. With free time being very limited, i find it difficult to set aside a full 1-2 hrs to complete a layer. Too many other exciting things to jump at. maybe in the future once ive completed more things, ill return with even better gear to speed things up.

The biggest problem is the 5 (17) floors of nothing + boss concept. The followers you can get are a nice exception though.

Just took me a few hours to do all 8 layers. Was no biggie. Im ilvl 222 tho. Might have been easier for me.

Quote Originally Posted by ONCHEhap View Post
    If you got as many epics as during the titanforge period right now,you'd be done with gearing after a week,which is kind of silly
    I would not. I do 5-6 M+ per week and not much more, I’m currently in the 2-5 bracket, it would take months to be “done with gearing” even with BfA loot system.

So i finally reached the point where i can do Choregast twisting choreidors. I always read you get the mount after 18 floors and this has been repeated many times around the web. And what absolute idiocy gets people to keep repeating that is just unfathomable to me. You enter with absolute faith that you can do it with 18 grueling floors, but then you realize: you actually have to do 144 floors in fact. 8 god damned layers with 18 levels each. A bit more than 18 is it not? just 1 teensy weensy bit. Choregast scrapped and nothing lost inchingfinger:

Sorry, just had to vent
    its nobody's fault but yours that your reading comprehension level is that of a chimpanzee, no one ever thought that it was 18 floors lol

So i finally reached the point where i can do Choregast twisting choreidors. I always read you get the mount after 18 floors and this has been repeated many times around the web. And what absolute idiocy gets people to keep repeating that is just unfathomable to me. You enter with absolute faith that you can do it with 18 grueling floors, but then you realize: you actually have to do 144 floors in fact. 8 god damned layers with 18 levels each. A bit more than 18 is it not? just 1 teensy weensy bit. Choregast scrapped and nothing lost inchingfinger:

Sorry, just had to vent
    Dunno where u read that, probably mentally ill source. Just dont do it if u hate it. There is nothing that you would need. Complaining about optional content is the most retarded thing ppl do.

Quote Originally Posted by GreatNameForSmurfingExTee View Post
    "We want Solocontent"
    "We want QoL Content"
    "We want something new"
    "We want to work for things"
    "We want something old"
    "We want another motivation besides gear"
    "We want optional content"
    "We want [enter something]"

BUT we don't actually want these things, we just want to complain.
    All the “we” in that, do you believe the community to be a hivemind?

Quote Originally Posted by Dracullus View Post
    Hyperbole won't help you. And no, loot wouldn't matter at all if it would be throw up like candies, so quantity definitely matters, even if we are not in perfect spot right now.

But Blizzard should be VERY conservative with increasing drop (for sure don't panic after whines from playerbase that got used to old systems) because guess what - after that SL could very fast become "nothing to do" expac. And then Blizzard will start to find way to make gear more interesting, you know some little upgrade on top of regular item to make you play little bit longer..
    You play an alt when your main is done for the week or if you hate alts play a different game til reset

Just cleared Layer 8 on my Ret Pally at ilvl 200 yesterday and I enjoyed it all. I would wager the biggest problem people are having is not understanding which builds are OP for their spec and working towards them, combined with not utilizing the Ravenous Anima Orbs wisely. My goal is to buy one from every vendor and get Marrow Scooper power if there are skeletons (will be able to buy just about every anima power/orb you want from vendors after that), Flamestarved Cinders on higher Layers for the fire casters (always seemed to have those floors), AND most importantly to use every other orb I had on Mawsworn Archers or Interceptors for the Pocketed Soulcage. Getting the 10-20% main stat (almost always rolled 15+ % for me) is just huge, especially for DPS specs. My Layer 8 run I had over +120% to STR just from souls/soulcages alone.

Yeah it sucks. It's odd that Blizzard doesn't see it but hey.

Quote Originally Posted by Soikona View Post
    All the “we” in that, do you believe the community to be a hivemind?
    He does. But since when was crapgast solocontent except for a few classes and specs?

7+ Year Old Account
    Nah one hour is totally possible - Just had such a run :P I can show the the screens incl. the 15 min dinnerbreak i had