Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    A while back I came up with one that would be an afterlife for scholarly types.
    "We must make our choice. We may have democracy, or we may have wealth concentrated in the hands of a few, but we can't have both."
    -Louis Brandeis

well okay since it's an after live thing make an area that represents all banned accounts for what ever reason

An afterlife that actually feels like a good (as in proper) final destination for souls would be interesting. All the others so far are more parallel dimensions where you magically get a new body to do some arbitrary nonsense task for all eternity or until some twat kills you for real (as far as we know) this time.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Nelinrah View Post
    There's not really an afterlife that fits mages. I think that's the only class that's obviously missing a fitting afterlife.
    Hmm I personally think shamans lack a clearly connected afterlife much more. Mages, at least in theory, have some flimsy connection with Bastion and their arcane ways, order theme and all that. I mean shamans are only vague connected to night fae by "we use the spirit of life" and "they do something with life". Maldraxxus also kinda covers the learning part if you think about the liches to the north-east, in fact the primus was bona-fide nerd imho.
    Last edited by Cosmic Janitor; 2021-01-15 at 12:56 AM.
    You are welcome, Metzen. I hope you won't fuck up my underground expansion idea.

Quote Originally Posted by Haidaes View Post
    Hmm I personally think shamans lack a clearly connected afterlife much more. Mages, at least in theory, have some flimsy connection with Bastion and their arcane ways, order theme and all that. I mean shamans are only vague connected to night fae by "we use the spirit of life" and "they do something with life". Maldraxxus also kinda covers the learning part if you think about the liches to the north-east, in fact the primus was bona-fide nerd imho.
    Mages generally aren't the mindlessly obedient type. And the power hungry ones that would end up in Maldraxxus tend to turn into warlocks.

Quote Originally Posted by Nelinrah View Post
    Mages generally aren't the mindlessly obedient type. And the power hungry ones that would end up in Maldraxxus tend to turn into warlocks.
    That is too simple a way of looking at it. This dilemma is also explored in alexandros morgraine and how he got sorted to maldraxxus. Not to mention mages have the whole master-disciple thing, which has a lot of mindless following involved, as can be seen alot in dalaran and other places. Then there are also plenty of mages that seek power and do not resort to making pacts with demons.
    You are welcome, Metzen. I hope you won't fuck up my underground expansion idea.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'd like to see a knowledge-based covenant. Think of the land like an eternal library, where all the knowledge that comes out in the universe is collected, stored, and organized. This seems like it could be a very mage-heavy covenant, or it could be a covenant for non-adventurous heroes.

I definitely want to visit the Twisting Nether. What is it actually like while demons are reborn? What damage did Sargeras do to them by taking away their time in the Twisting Nether, if any?

A Light-themed covenant would be interesting, as would a Void one. I'm curious when "the Light does not abandon it's Champions" where it opts to take them. While some might say Bastion is a light-based covenant, I'd argue that it's more one based around "Order" that uses light-based elements. What of the Void afterlife? Is there even one or is it just swallowed whole by the ever-growing Void?

I would like an afterlife based on...
    bear with me...
    Loss.
    A realm of regret of not being able to save the person you love, the sadness of their deaths, the feeling and the power of sacrifice that many people made...

I would see it as a mirrored land - essentially, you would have a broken land where you have destroyed alien cities, strange fonts of power leaking everywhere, waterfalls not obeying laws of physics, wailing souls walking normally, and when they stop grieving and moaning - seemingly being thrown left and right by invisible powers, then sucked into some weird portal to relieve their worst moments.
    The skybox would be a mirror world but zoomed in - one filled with wonder, happy souls walking and enjoying their (after)life, glorious cities with flashing lights spanning across whole continents...
    The main thing would be that the souls in the land of "accomplishment" (let's call it that) would never be aware and never see the shattered realm, but the damned ones would every day be able to see what their life could've been, but is not.
    And the anima drought would unveil via cinematic the shattered realm to the eyes of the souls of the realm of the accomplished.
    These realms, being so close to each other, with anima drought would began to come closer and closer like 2 planets pulling each other.
    The energy would erupt, it would go into space tearing down the veil between life&death even more, and one of these beams would reach oribos striking the tower and destroying part of it, KILLING JAINA AND BAINE

Thank you very much, took me so long to come to my main point.
    How did I do?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Morae View Post
    Place for, you know, normal people?

Bastion is for those really good people, etc.
    Maldraxus is for the battle junkies.
    Ardenweald is for the nature things.
    Revendreth is for the sinful people.

Where do the normies go? Not so nice people, but not exactly sinful. Those who lived entirely peaceful life and didn't really care about nature?

The normieland!
    Actually it is normieland. The shadowlands has infinite realms, these 4 are just the biggest. So far blizz hasn't really made the lore readily available. But it's there if you dig.
    It was never Hardcore Vs Casual. It was Socialites Vs. Solo players
    Quote Originally Posted by ringpriest View Post
    World of Warcraft started life as a Computer Roleplaying Game, where part of the fun of the game experience was pretending to be your character. Stuff like applying poisons and eating food enhanced the verisimilitude of the experience of playing a fantasy character in another world. Now that game has changed to become a tactical arcade lobby game.

Quote Originally Posted by Sentynel View Post
    I'd add a Drust / Thros themed covenant.
    It's the only one that would actually make sense, but Thros seems to be on another plane of the cosmos, like the Twisting Nether.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Haidaes View Post
    An afterlife that actually feels like a good (as in proper) final destination for souls would be interesting. All the others so far are more parallel dimensions where you magically get a new body to do some arbitrary nonsense task for all eternity or until some twat kills you for real (as far as we know) this time.

- - - Updated - - -

So far the shadowlands feels more like purgatory than an afterlife. But, I think it's said somewhere that the arbiter sticks you someplace nicer once you do your duty. It's mentioned that there are personal afterlives. She just sends those who were important to the "recycling" centers to do work.
    It was never Hardcore Vs Casual. It was Socialites Vs. Solo players
    Quote Originally Posted by ringpriest View Post
    World of Warcraft started life as a Computer Roleplaying Game, where part of the fun of the game experience was pretending to be your character. Stuff like applying poisons and eating food enhanced the verisimilitude of the experience of playing a fantasy character in another world. Now that game has changed to become a tactical arcade lobby game.

Quote Originally Posted by Darththeo View Post
    No. That is not 100% correct.

Bastion is about those that served powers greater than themselves. While this fits many Paladins, it does not fit all Paladins.
    Some Paladins may go to Maldraxus. Priests could go to Ardenweld.

So, Paladins and Priests are not 100% Bastion.
    Priest can follow the void in life why would they go Ardenweld and Bastion?, not to mention holy does not fit either of them since Bastion is not followers of the light. And this also goes for paladins, Mograine and Uther does not belong into either Faction since they dont fit them at all.......The only thing blizz did right was to make Uther an outcast and Mograine hide who he really was due to he knew he does not fit into that faction.

Some of the suggestions here would fit an Emerald Dream expansion. Dreams are, usually, categorized as:

"Dreams can have varying natures, such as being frightening, exciting, magical, melancholic, adventurous, or sexual."

Quote Originally Posted by Morae View Post
    Place for, you know, normal people?

Bastion is for those really good people, etc.
    Maldraxus is for the battle junkies.
    Ardenweald is for the nature things.
    Revendreth is for the sinful people.

Where do the normies go? Not so nice people, but not exactly sinful. Those who lived entirely peaceful life and didn't really care about nature?

The normieland!
    Yeah! I'd love to see where Ben Howell would have ended up if he wasn't sucked into the Maw. Will we ever meet him again?

Quote Originally Posted by Claymore View Post
    So what kind of "afterlife" would you bring to the game? And what style of Covenant would you see accompanying it?
    An afterlife / Covenant that actually fits Orcs, Trolls, Tauren, Goblins, etc. You know, the tribal Horde races.
    If something like that was added I would even play this expansion.

Right now I don't think any of the options fit these races and as such I just skip this expansion entirely.

Why would for example an Orc warrior, Tauren hunter or Troll shaman join a Paladin afterlife/covenant? Or a Death Knight afterlife/covenant? Or a Druid afterlife/covenant?

Shadowlands Covenants feel like Legion Class Order Halls except not every class gets one. A missed opportunity. If you play characters that don't fit in any covenant then you're f*cked.

Edit: Forgot to add, but Orcs, Tauren and Trolls actually have a lot of lore surrounding their afterlife. So why aren't we seeing it? We see plenty of Orc and Tauren spirits, Cairne even included, but now we don't see where they went?
    Last edited by Daronokk; 2021-01-15 at 11:07 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Daronokk View Post
    An afterlife / Covenant that actually fits Orcs, Trolls, Tauren, Goblins, etc. You know, the tribal Horde races.

Right now I don't think any of the options fit these races and as such I just skip this expansion entirely.

Why would for example an Orc warrior, Tauren hunter or Troll shaman join a Paladin afterlife/covenant? Or a Death Knight afterlife/covenant? Or a Druid afterlife/covenant?

Shadowlands Covenants feel like Legion Class Order Halls except not every class gets one. A missed opportunity. If you play characters that don't fit in any covenant then you're f*cked.

Edit: Forgot to add, but Orcs, Tauren and Trolls actually have a lot of lore surrounding their afterlife. So why aren't we seeing it? We see plenty of Orc and Tauren spirits, Cairne even included, but now we don't see where they went?
    Actually, there's a lot of Troll themes in Ardenweald, with The Other Side dungeon, Bwonsamdi, Mueh'zala and other Loas.

Ardenweald, also, encompasses Hunters:
    "Ardenweald serves as an afterlife for mortal souls who shared a close bond with the natural cycle, like druids and hunters".

Maldraxxus is perfect for an Orc Warrior:
    "The Necrolords honor those who seek power and glory in battle.
    Warlike souls who never yield or bow—and are willing to strive against one another for greatness—will find a home in Maldraxxus.

Quote Originally Posted by Claymore View Post
    I'm pretty familiar with how "the Fae" are presented in other forms of media, and I was hoping to see a more sexed-up, ultra-violent, deceitful interpretation of them. Instead, they're really just "playful little fairy tricksters".
    Transform those spriggans into frogs and feed them alive to the crane. "I love creative solutions!" (q) Moonbery.

> playful little fairy tricksters

Uh-huh.
    Garrison Mission Manager: Select best followers for BfA, Legion and WoD missions.
    Instance Spec: Switch to spec suitable for your role when "dungeon ready" pops up.
    LDB: WoW Token: Monitor WoW Token price changes in LDB display.
    Other addons: Quest Map with Details * LFG Filter for Premade Groups * Obvious Mail Expiration.

Quote Originally Posted by Daronokk View Post

Well you would have answered your own questions if you would have read the lore/played the expansion. But it seems you have your own lore...

In short: Who says they don't? The covenants are not there to fit any class/race. We are not dead. That is not the afterlive of our character.

That why don't we see XYZ is a stupid argument against the expansion because where do we stop? I think the only race who has a fitting afterlive in a way are nightelves. And they are only in this afterlive becuase of stuff we did. Not going into spoilery stuff. I don't think every nigthelve is in Ardenweald. The afterlives are not moddeled around a race or class. And have no direct connection to any of them. But again... why play it and understand it if you can complain about it in the forums amirightorwhat

7+ Year Old Account
    A long time ago in a galaxy far, far away
    Quote Originally Posted by Thundering View Post
    Priest can follow the void in life why would they go Ardenweld and Bastion?, not to mention holy does not fit either of them since Bastion is not followers of the light. And this also goes for paladins, Mograine and Uther does not belong into either Faction since they dont fit them at all.......The only thing blizz did right was to make Uther an outcast and Mograine hide who he really was due to he knew he does not fit into that faction.
    I was responding to someone who said Priests and Paladins were 100% Bastion. I didn't say Priests only go to Ardenweld or Bastion, I said Priests COULD go to Ardenweld as a counter to Priests are 100% Bastion. A Shadow Priest would like go to either Revendreth or Maldraxus.

Mograine didn't hide anything. What are you talking about? There is literally a quest where he questions why he wasn't selected for Bastion because he was a Paladin.
    Peace is a lie. There is only passion. Through passion I gain strength. Through strength I gain power.
    Through power I gain victory. Through victory my chains are broken. The Force shall set me free.
    –The Sith Code

Quote Originally Posted by Darththeo View Post
    I was responding to someone who said Priests and Paladins were 100% Bastion. I didn't say Priests only go to Ardenweld or Bastion, I said Priests COULD go to Ardenweld as a counter to Priests are 100% Bastion. A Shadow Priest would like go to either Revendreth or Maldraxus.

Mograine didn't hide anything. What are you talking about? There is literally a quest where he questions why he wasn't selected for Bastion because he was a Paladin.
    Didn't Mograine die as a Death Knight?

The discipline Priest's angelic themes (Archangel & Dark Archangel) fit in with Bastion 100%. Holy Priests could, also, fit in Ardenweald if you're a Loa Priest, for example, like Talanji. Shadow Priests would fit in Revendreth.

A Holy and Protection Paladin would go to Bastion because of their noble cause. A Retribution Paladin could go to Maldraxxus because of his fighting skills and military orientation (like the Lightforged in the Army of the Light).

Quote Originally Posted by Unbelievable View Post
    Didn't Mograine die as a Death Knight?

The discipline Priest's angelic themes (Archangel & Dark Archangel) fit in with Bastion 100%. Holy Priests could, also, fit in Ardenweald if you're a Loa Priest, for example, like Talanji. Shadow Priests would fit in Revendreth.

A Holy and Protection Paladin would go to Bastion because of their noble cause. A Retribution Paladin could go to Maldraxxus because of his fighting skills and military orientation (like the Lightforged in the Army of the Light).
    While I agree with you (people are way too fixated on the light as an element - which does not have it's afterlife in the shadowlands because it's another cosmic force, doesn't change the fact that paladins and priests are all about servitude for a greater good), what someone died as doesn't matter. Undeads don't go to Maldraxxus by default. Morgraine got sorted to maldraxxus because he loves his family so much that he couldn't bear to forget about them, while also being a stalward fighter to the bitter end. These are the virtues that are (supposedly) reflrected in Maldraxxus. At the end of the day you can make a case for everything pretty much if you just give enough importance to some aspects.