Page 10 of 13 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by rrayy View Post
    NO. I am one who has called that out. I never said it wasn't content, but that it is content that doesn't have much value. Portals aren't going to matter when flying is unlocked. The anima conductor may be good for getting anima, but unless you really want the cosmetics, it is totally skipable. The mission table has become more optional than any other iteration ever has been. Unless you are a completion, there is no other point to touch it. It really is optional content.

- - - Updated - - -

You mean stuff that you will leave behind when the next expansion hits? Because that is the difference between the covenants and everything else you mention. YOu carry all those things you mention forward. The covenant you will leave behind. Does anyone care about their MOP farm anymore? Garrison? Order Hall? Same fate will be had by the covenant. A better use of your time(and Anima) would be to grind it to get the cosmetics as you will carry those forward, not upgrading something you will leave behind in a year and a half.
    How are you carrying your WoW account forward? Do you expect that after another 5 years you pick up your account and go downtown to this big job interview and slam it on the table there you go! WOAH this guy did collect a lot of cosmetics better give him the job? Come on games are useless, hence doesn't matter what the fck you use your anima on just pick whatever you like its content that's there so you don't get bored.

you always get 80% of the rewards for 20% of the effort if you are a bit behind.

the only reason to keep up with the curve is if you enjoy that process itself. if you think keeping up with the curve is required to do some other part of the game you enjoy, most of the time you can actually get away with just being a bit behind anyways.

i used to be all "my characters gotto be the best it can be for the guilds progress sake!" but honestly it doesn't matter that much, just put in comparable effort to the people you are playing with and it'll be fine.

It has been great for leveling and gearing Alts, but my Main is all 200+ ilvl so there is no benefit for me there as im also saving up for the 10K anima on the 3rd tier teleportation network so I can have a Portal in my Covenant to Oribos, so wouldn't spend the Anima on it.

Ive been playing since release and everything we've gotten from these systems in terms of gear has been useless so far. You were already quite behind if 197ilvl gear was upgrades for you.

Quote Originally Posted by cparle87 View Post
    Why do you even bother posting on the forums, then, if all you're going to do is ignore everything people tell you that doesn't agree with your agenda?

- - - Updated - - -

I can't recall. Are you one of those "anything that doesn't contribute to player power isn't content" type people? Cause you sound like one right now.
    This about sums me up, As I don't care much about cosmetics and if It does not make things faster or more efficient I dont care much. But I love the Armor for alts its useless on my main as he already out gears it. The mission table I use for Soul Ash only which I have no reason to farm on my Main at this point as I have the best Legendary at highest point right now so that is sort of pointless as well. I despise WQ's and don't want to waste what little time I have to play on them I love Arenas currently and PVP in general as raiding feels like too much effort for too little of a reward, when I can get guaranteed Loot from PVP.

EUhm the covenant campaign items go to 197 max itemlevel. Litteraly dog shit low items what are you complaining about exactly ?

Quote Originally Posted by Mirishka View Post
    Yep, one more option for gearing totally ruins the whole system.

Imagine registering an account (or more likely, re-registering) on MMO for no other reason than to complain about something this trivial. Good lord.
    It's not "one more option" though, it trivializes the options that actually take a bit of effort. I'm not as upset about it as the Op, but I can certainly agree that it's much too soon to add a catchup system that strong. This should be something that hits a couple weeks before the next major content patch.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaleredar View Post
    Nah nah, see... I live by one simple creed: You might catch more flies with honey, but to catch honeys you gotta be fly.

Quote Originally Posted by ClassicPeon View Post
    Yeah thats an actual problem.

The weapon thing is just pure bs.

I'm 212 equipped atm with no pvp done. I should probably upgrade my worst items(203 main hand and 207 offhand) to a 233 pvp weapon but i just dont like it.

Feels kinda crappy as someonewho otherwise try and do what i can to better myself.
    Lol "ill just do some pvp and hit glad nbd". Like hitting glad is that easy.

Quote Originally Posted by frenzy16 View Post
    It's crazy to me how this week's covenant campaign upgrades are ilvl 197. I've been playing every day for the last month gearing up from campaign->normal->heroic->mythic->m+ and this week's covenant/PvP gear basically replaced everything except for a few pieces and now everyone is running around with the same gear and ilvl.

I used to start the week by running some low-mid mythic+ to raise my ilvl so I would have an easier time getting invited to higher m+ but this gear has put everyone on even footing and completely killed my motivation to do any m+. I feel like gearing up was a complete waste of time and I could have just bought the game a month later and been in the exact same spot I am now.

I signed up for an LFR today and was thinking what is the point of even doing this now? Why are the last 2 wings still time gated when the gear is completely worthless and replaced by doing a quest? There's also no point running mythics, low-mid mythic+, LFR, PvP for PvE, or World Quests for gear anymore.

Super disappointed.

No offense bro but If you think the gear from the campaign is actually good you don’t do nearly enough content that’s challenging to have your point of view, it’s pretty entitled. For anyone who actually plays, campaign gear is dogshit that’s vendored/sharded. It’s on you for doing keys that are so low they don’t give worthwhile upgrades
    Last edited by GucciWarr; 2021-01-15 at 04:52 PM. Reason: Spelling

Quote Originally Posted by Fearlof View Post
    How are you carrying your WoW account forward? Do you expect that after another 5 years you pick up your account and go downtown to this big job interview and slam it on the table there you go! WOAH this guy did collect a lot of cosmetics better give him the job? Come on games are useless, hence doesn't matter what the fck you use your anima on just pick whatever you like its content that's there so you don't get bored.
    Which has absolutely nothing to do with my point. MY point is I think one would rather spend their time and energy in this game on things that you will carry with you(Mounts, toys, pets etc) as you play the game, not stuff that you will leave behind to never play again. Nothing more. Nothing less.

Quote Originally Posted by Tradu View Post
    I know how the weekly chest works, the raid one is still easily the worst, because the problem isn't lower difficulties ruining the chest but the absurd requirements to even unlock the high ilevel options in the first place. M+ is the easiest to max out and PvP lets you upgrade the items later once you get higher rating. Meanwhile for raid you need to clear 7 mythic bosses for the 2nd slot and 10 for the 3rd, which is completely unreasonable even once you're on farm(because guilds have a roster of more than 20 people, so only the tanks, DH, warrior, monk, mage, priest and maybe a healer or 2 are going to get the 3rd slot, and maybe 1/3rd of the team won't get the 2nd slot)
    Ah, alright. I misunderstood what you were saying. Thanks for clarifying!

I'm not particularly a fan of rated PvP (I've hated arenas since TBC and have never found a group willing to do rated BGs), so I can't comment on that, but I wholeheartedly agree on the M+ side. My raid is only partially through heroic, but I'm already getting 220 gear from M+10s, which will trump any heroic raid gear from the chest.

Quote Originally Posted by rhorle View Post
    It is funny how you say cosmetics are the only thing of value in an expansion but say that there is no value to spending anima on covenant upgrades. Upgrading ensures you get cosmetics faster. The Anima conductor gives a currency that is required to buy cosmetics. The travel networks will speed up WQ even once flying is around and I know the t3 Venthyr one at least offers a chance at drops. The mini games all offer cosmetic rewards.
    YOu missed my point entirely. ONe, I never said of that, so stop putting words in my mouth. Two, all I am saying is that it would be better to spend your time/energy/anima on things that you still will be able to use after we leave this expansion. You still have a whole 1.5 years before the next one hits, so you have plenty of time to get all those cosmetics without touching any of the covenant upgrades. I would rather focus on the cosmetics than wasting all the anima for covenant upgrades that will be completely meaningless after the expansion and already don't mean much at all.

Quote Originally Posted by Aggrophobic View Post
    If you're not above 197 at this point, you're way behind.
    That is the main issue with Shadowlands - You can't get good gear unless you raid.

Go raid or find some other game if you want to keep up with gear. Simple as that.
    Or do mythic+

Or PvP.

Good gear comes from all 3 end game “paths” which seems to be working as intended.

197-200 seems to be the baseline that those who don’t want to dive into harder content will reach. Considering that is normal raid difficulty drops that’s not too bad.

I mean, anyone with two functioning brain cells already saw this coming just by looking at the Renown tracker? Not sure where the issue is, nobody held a gun to your held and forced you to grind Mythics.

Quote Originally Posted by Argorwal View Post
    Considering that is normal raid difficulty drops that’s not too bad.
    It's pretty bad, because it renders obsolete a ton of group content, including normal raiding, all from something you can get solo grinding anima.

Which has absolutely nothing to do with my point. MY point is I think one would rather spend their time and energy in this game on things that you will carry with you(Mounts, toys, pets etc) as you play the game, not stuff that you will leave behind to never play again. Nothing more. Nothing less.
    Then why are people farming gear? I think gear is one of the things people care for the most -.- And yet it dosnt carry over very well.

The "only cosmetics really matter" view is pretty common with more casual players. If you aren't doing progression, does gear really matter? Nah. It'll get replaced soon enough, why put in the effort? And that's a totally valid point of view too.

Quote Originally Posted by frenzy16 View Post
    It's crazy to me how this week's covenant campaign upgrades are ilvl 197. I've been playing every day for the last month gearing up from campaign->normal->heroic->mythic->m+ and this week's covenant/PvP gear basically replaced everything except for a few pieces
    How is that gear still relevant for you if this is true?

I've been "casually" playing the game since launch and my lowest ilvl pieces are 200ilvl from M+. I could understand if they were like... 207 ilvl maybe as its a bit harder to get past that 200 wall and things start to slow down heavily. But getting up to 200 has been piss easy since you can just spam +7's and cap conquest every week for them.
    ..and so he left, with terrible power in shaking hands.

Spamming mythic+ or capping conquest requires substantial time and effort with a group of other players, and a bit of skill to boot. All the activities that rewarded this itemlvl of gear had that in common. Now, you can get it by spending a bit of anima with your covenant. All that other content is obsolete.

15+ Year Old Account
    YOu missed my point entirely. ONe, I never said of that, so stop putting words in my mouth. Two, all I am saying is that it would be better to spend your time/energy/anima on things that you still will be able to use after we leave this expansion. You still have a whole 1.5 years before the next one hits, so you have plenty of time to get all those cosmetics without touching any of the covenant upgrades. I would rather focus on the cosmetics than wasting all the anima for covenant upgrades that will be completely meaningless after the expansion and already don't mean much at all.
    I didn't put any words in your month. The one response you said there is no point to touch Covenant upgrades and that it is content that doesn't have much value. In the next response you said that cosmetics have the highest value in WoW because they carry forward from expansion to expansion and that you should put all your anima into getting cosmetics.

You also are understanding the Covenant cosmetics. It is extremely hard to get all of the cosmetics without touching any upgrades. That is because of Grateful Offerings https://www.wowhead.com/currency=1885/grateful-offering

Without those you won't be able to buy a bunch of cosmetics. You also undermine your own argument because you have 1.5 years to focus on getting the cosmetics. Why not spend the comparatively low amount to unlock all the upgrades now? And like I already said the covenant upgrades help to earn cosmetics so their value is directly tied to that of the cosmetics they help earn.
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."