On the topic of $1400 vs. $2000, it's even less true when you consider that many people didn't even get the $600 check.

I assume the same sort of income rules apply and you get some sort of prorated amount (Which I think is stupid, it should be $2000 for everyone, or at least the bar should be much higher).

I love people pointing out that 600 + 1400 = 2000, as if it wasn't obvious what the Biden team was going for. That being said, what's an extra $600 on top? Especially as a good faith that "Hey, we're going to give you MORE than what Trump promised" or as a way to demonstrate their commitment to really taking this seriously, not just act like they're looking under the couch for coins. It's just insulting because at the end of the day it is STILL NOT ENOUGH.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by dontrelleroosevelt View Post
    If we stopped putting the damn Democrats in office, our country would be worth a damn again, we’d have something to offer, as opposed to all these bloated rich government workers who are out of touch with wage employees.
    The GOP was in control of all branches of the federal government for 2 years.

Quote Originally Posted by postman1782 View Post
    Voted incorrectly? Should we have voted for one of the most racist presidents since fucking Andrew Jackson? And he will never be impeached.

So, you saying that Antifa is hired? You have any evidence for this? Or do you actually believe the bullshit that Antifa was there at the capitol?

And Trump has had us in a recession basically since 2018. Republicans are notorious for fucking up the economy. And Trump is the one with ties to China, considering his secret account with 10s of millions in it.
    Oh, I love how Trump had something to say on anything.

https://www.cnn.com/2015/07/21/polit...rat/index.html

“It just seems that the economy does better under the Democrats than the Republicans. Now, it shouldn’t be that way. But if you go back, I mean it just seems that the economy does better under the Democrats. …But certainly we had some very good economies under Democrats, as well as Republicans. But we’ve had some pretty bad disaster under the Republicans.” - Trump in interview on CNN.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by wunksta View Post
    The GOP was in control of all branches of the federal government for 2 years.
    Yep and they got nowhere fast. However, when the Democrats had all 3 branches for 2 years under Obama, we actually got a form of a healthcare bill passed.

The Unstoppable Force Theodarzna's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Cthulhu 2020 View Post
    See, this is where the understanding of what's going on falls apart. Most Democrats/centrists/liberals don't hate or even oppose Bernie - It's Bernie's devout cult that acts exactly like Trump's cult, that is hated. They are some of the most unreasonable people on the face of the planet, and will curse your name if you are not on board with the leftist purity tests they throw out.
    The purity test is "Do you support these issues"? Which you know, should be the litmus test. Like, if I run a Pro-life outfit, making sure the candidate is Pro-Life does seem like an important priority.

The DNC being the party of Joe Manchin and Joe Lieberman (Why are they all named Joe?) is a problem. Sanders supporters have a set of policies and a vision for what is wanted. I sense a some people simply just want a party in power and have a rather naive trust that whatever the Democrats do must be good, or well intended because of a misguided belief in some supernatural or mystic moral goodness inherent in anyone who is a Democrat.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by infinitemeridian View Post
    On the topic of $1400 vs. $2000, it's even less true when you consider that many people didn't even get the $600 check.

I assume the same sort of income rules apply and you get some sort of prorated amount (Which I think is stupid, it should be $2000 for everyone, or at least the bar should be much higher).

I love people pointing out that 600 + 1400 = 2000, as if it wasn't obvious what the Biden team was going for. That being said, what's an extra $600 on top? Especially as a good faith that "Hey, we're going to give you MORE than what Trump promised" or as a way to demonstrate their commitment to really taking this seriously, not just act like they're looking under the couch for coins. It's just insulting because at the end of the day it is STILL NOT ENOUGH.
    Yeah, many didn't even get the 600 and won't get it. And I cannot wait for team Biden to quickly fold to 1400 in deferred tax credit if you run a small business or some other means testing. Or simply dropping it altogether.

But hey, Patriot Act 2: Electric Boogaloo is probably incoming.
    Last edited by Theodarzna; 2021-01-15 at 05:03 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Crissi View Post
    i think I have my posse filled out now. Mars is Theo, Jupiter is Vanyali, Linadra is Venus, and Heather is Mercury. Dragon can be Pluto.
    On MMO-C we learn that Anti-Fascism is locking arms with corporations, the State Department and agreeing with the CIA, But opposing the CIA and corporate America, and thinking Jews have a right to buy land and can expect tenants to pay rent THAT is ultra-Fash Nazism. Bellingcat is an MI6/CIA cut out. Clyburn Truther.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Theodarzna View Post
    Patriot Act 2: Electric Boogaloo is probably incoming.
    Before or after austerity? How often do you have to be wrong, before you stop predicting shit?

How many times did Trump sign the patriot act, with you saying nothing?
    Folly and fakery have always been with us... but it has never before been as dangerous as it is now, never in history have we been able to afford it less. - Isaac Asimov
    Every damn thing you do in this life, you pay for. - Edith Piaf
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell
    No amount of belief makes something a fact. - James Randi

The purity test is "Do you support these issues"? Which you know, should be the litmus test. Like, if I run a Pro-life outfit, making sure the candidate is Pro-Life does seem like an important priority.

The DNC being the party of Joe Manchin and Joe Lieberman (Why are they all named Joe?) is a problem. Sanders supporters have a set of policies and a vision for what is wanted. I sense a some people simply just want a party in power and have a rather naive trust that whatever the Democrats do must be good, or well intended because of a misguided belief in some supernatural or mystic moral goodness inherent in anyone who is a Democrat.

- - - Updated - - -

Yeah, many didn't even get the 600 and won't get it. And I cannot wait for team Biden to quickly fold to 1400 in deferred tax credit if you run a small business or some other means testing. Or simply dropping it altogether.

You are ignoring that the United States is a two-party system. So, until you and your fellow GOPers want to get rid of the Electoral College and FPTP voting, your argument is absurd.

Secondly, the Democrats are much closer to the whims of the Bernie supporters, than the GOP is.

Feel free to keep ignoring reality.

As for your bullshit about the next Patriot Act, where were you when Trump was putting kids in fucking cages? Where were you when he pushed to keep all Muslims out? Where were you when he called for monitoring mosques? Where were you through it all? That's right, you were right here, calling for ethnic cleansing and apartheid.
    Last edited by Machismo; 2021-01-15 at 05:14 PM.

- - - Updated - - -

My other concern is $1,400 is the opening offer. I would not be surprised if the Dems negotiate this number down even further.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Machismo View Post
    Feel free to keep ignoring reality.
    This thread... democrats will bring a new patriot act!
    Parlor thread... we need more government surveillance of social media!

- - - Updated - - -

My other concern is $1,400 is the opening offer. I would not be surprised if the Dems negotiate this number down even further.
    Democrats will be negotiating with whom?
    Folly and fakery have always been with us... but it has never before been as dangerous as it is now, never in history have we been able to afford it less. - Isaac Asimov
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell

Quote Originally Posted by Felya View Post
    The voices in their heads I guess. Wait a minute, that is just like Trump. Can't have that. /s

7+ Year Old Account
    Yeah, they are already playing cutesy games and trying to pull the technicality game; and many haven't even gotten the 600 and might have to wait for tax time to even try to get it. Look what the Dems lost in November for fucking around on checks, they could have lost the House and barely hold it and Mitch lost two Republican seats in Georgia after fucking around on it.

Fucking around [on checks] is a good way to find out. The Democrats basically have about 100 days to turn shit around; and they are already of their own volition fucking around and trying to weasel out of it.
    i think I have my posse filled out now. Mars is Theo, Jupiter is Vanyali, Linadra is Venus, and Heather is Mercury. Dragon can be Pluto.
    On MMO-C we learn that Anti-Fascism is locking arms with corporations, the State Department and agreeing with the CIA, But opposing the CIA and corporate America, and thinking Jews have a right to buy land and can expect tenants to pay rent THAT is ultra-Fash Nazism. Bellingcat is an MI6/CIA cut out. Clyburn Truther.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by gondrin View Post
    The voices in their heads I guess. Wait a minute, that is just like Trump. Can't have that. /s
    What I really want to know right now, is who the democrats are negotiating with, to bring the 1600$ down. Who is opposing democrats in lower the payment? This is very strange...

- - - Updated - - -

Yeah, they are already playing cutesy games and trying to pull the technicality game; and many haven't even gotten the 600 and might have to wait for tax time to even try to get it. Look what the Dems lost in November for fucking around on checks, they could have lost the House and barely hold it and Mitch lost two Republican seats in Georgia after fucking around on it.

Fucking around [on checks] is a good way to find out. The Democrats basically have about 100 days to turn shit around; and they are already of their own volition fucking around and trying to weasel out of it.
    WTF? Who are they negotiating with?

The purity test is "Do you support these issues"?
    And we know you don't support Bernie's issues. Bernie is woke as fuck and supports immigration. You do not.

Well, when you copy/paste your comments from the words of complete strangers on the internet without reading them... it's hard to be consistent in your arguments.

Were there any other issues voters were voting on beyond a new $2K check? The way you talk about it you'd think that was literally what the entire campaign was about and the only thing on voters minds come November 3/January 5.

So, you're blaming Democrats for doing what they said they'd do, when you got caught lying when you said they opposed it?

You really should get your lies in order.

What I really want to know right now, is who the democrats are negotiating with, to bring the 1600$ down. Who is opposing democrats in lower the payment? This is very strange...

- - - Updated - - -

Joe Manchin unfortunately. He'll still be a pain in the ass so I would suggest that Biden drops a nice fat bribe for Alaska, Utah and maybe even Florida. Little Marco looks like he has his hand out right now.

- - - Updated - - -

I would say Dr. Evil. He will negotiate for a billions instead of trillions.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    Were there any other issues voters were voting on beyond a new $2K check? The way you talk about it you'd think that was literally what the entire campaign was about and the only thing on voters minds come November 3/January 5.
    Even though democrats were pushing for 1200$ since May and this 2k didn’t spring up, until Trump tried to leverage it against republicans. Something democrats jumped on and passed in the house. It never made it to the floor because of McConnell... these attacks don’t make any sense. They seem to think there is a party that democrats are fighting, to lower payments... there is no party demanding higher payments than democrat... the opposition wants no payments... these arguments are ludicrous.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Ivanstone View Post
    Joe Manchin unfortunately. He'll still be a pain in the ass so I would suggest that Biden drops a nice fat bribe for Alaska, Utah and maybe even Florida. Little Marco looks like he has his hand out right now.
    No, that means democrats are negotiating against Manchin, to increase payments. The person I responded to is claiming the opposite...

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    1.2k Checks almost alone reelected Trump.

Maybe more comfortable people voted for Decorum or something but, money is more important for other people.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Ivanstone View Post
    And we know you don't support Bernie's issues. Bernie is woke as fuck and supports immigration. You do not.
    2016 Bernie Sanders correctly pointed out its a Koch Brothers plan, but yes, the absorption of downwardly mobile PMC's hoping for cheap maids and servants have made changes on the poor man.

10+ Year Old Account
    1.2k Checks almost alone reelected Trump
    Trump and GOP have been blocking 1.2k checks since May... what the fuck are you talking about?

Edit: Crediting Trump, with the one check that democrats were able to get out of GOP, is absurd... he didn’t want to send another check, because just like you, Trump claimed Covid was a democrat hoax. We have had consecutive days of 3k dead, while you claimed it was a democrat hoax to get big tech into homes, months ago. That’s why we didn’t get checks...
    Last edited by Felya; 2021-01-15 at 05:31 PM.