Page 9 of 62 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by thunderdragon2 View Post
    still it takes like 10-15 seconds to type g2g irl issue, ppl would be fine with that, its when ppl just leave without saying a thing that i take issue with
    No one owes you an explanation of why they have to leave lol

I Will go like this:

Implement a "surrender" Button, if at least 3 of 5 party members accepts to surrender, all the Party automatically get Ported out of the Dungeon and key get depleted, nobody suffers punishment

If the key its already dead any ppl can leave any time without punishment

If the key its on time and Someone leaves without reason get a 30.min deserter debuff

If a Party member dont leave and its just trolling ruining the key, vote Kick , rip key and troll get 30min deserter debuff

Quote Originally Posted by Puri View Post
    Since this is not quite clear from my wording, just to clarify: No sensible game related reason.
    Id agree to that. Only game related reason I've seen is I was in a group with 3 friends, me, and the tank. 3 friends were apparently whispering the tank a bunch of rude shit the whole run so even tho we were timing it he pretty much said fuck you by leaving. whispered me apologizing

Quote Originally Posted by GuanoCaca View Post

If the key its on time and Someone leaves without reason get a 30.min deserter debuff

To be honest, 30 min deserter is not even a real punishment, i mean, in 30 min u could do 2 or 3 wq and apply for next dungeon...

A real solution if someone leaves with a key when there is still time, they would be getting like -3 or -5 item level at the weekly vault in all dungeon items. A way to revert that would be finishing keys after that.
    i mean, a person could have a irl problem but that would happen once or twice in a week right? and if you finish some keys after that, problem solved.
    That would prevent people leaving 10 dungeons a week like some people do, i promise that.

Quote Originally Posted by papaberry View Post
    To be honest, 30 min deserter is not even a real punishment, i mean, in 30 min u could do 2 or 3 wq and apply for next dungeon...

A real solution if someone leaves with a key when there is still time, they would be getting like -3 or -5 item level at the weekly vault in all dungeon items. A way to revert that would be finishing keys after that.
    i mean, a person could have a irl problem but that would happen once or twice in a week right? and if you finish some keys after that, problem solved.
    That would prevent people leaving 10 dungeons a week like some people do, i promise that.
    Hmmm I think that would scare ppl of doing m+, i mean you can DC for a bad internet service and get your weekly gear scraped out?

The other part can be: somewhere and somehow add a "last week deserter count" indicator so you can see the behavior of Someone before invite them

Quote Originally Posted by GuanoCaca View Post
    Hmmm I think that would scare ppl of doing m+, i mean you can DC for a bad internet service and get your weekly gear scraped out?

The other part can be: somewhere and somehow add a "last week deserter count" indicator so you can see the behavior of Someone before invite them
    that would scare leavers i guarantee you that!
    I mean if you have a bad internet and DC often, why play m+? if it happens once in a while its ok because you could just finish another dung and thats it

as for the deserter count, that would be bad because if you would get dc once and leave for a irl problem once you would get 2 counts and you would never get invited again, no one would invite leavers, even if it was just one or two times
    Last edited by papaberry; 2021-01-15 at 04:41 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by xpose View Post
    No one owes you an explanation of why they have to leave lol
    its the polite thing to do tho, if the cant even do that then well....

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by unbound View Post
    Agree in concept.

Disagree with 10-15 seconds...how slow do you type? :-)
    that was an example, some ppl do type really slow

I mean if you have a bad internet and DC often, why play m+? if it happens once in a while its ok because you could just finish another dung and thats it

as for the deserter count, that would be bad because if you would get dc once and leave for a irl problem once you would get 2 counts and you would never get invited again, no one would invite leavers, even if it was just one or two times
    I don’t want to seem rude, but why and how I play is my business and mine only.

If I choose to join an M+ with a 486DX2 PC and a 56k modem is totally my choice and you should not be allowed to question it.

My Pc for example despite being good from time to time has huge stutter spikes and sometimes even reboot. It’s rare but happens. Sometimes in the middle of a M+. Should I just sit in Orgrimmar all the time because of this? Of course not.

Sometimes life happens even during an M+. Sometimes line goes banana for whatever reason even during an M+.

Let’s be realistic, they will never introduce penalties for early leavers and despite hating early leavers it cannot be else. Because it would hurt “legit” leavers also.

The only thing they could do is to make a history of leavers available so we can at least see the leaves % on the total number of completed dungeons. Not a revolution but better that the actual little more than nothing that r.io is.

Quote Originally Posted by chiddie View Post
    I don’t want to seem rude, but why and how I play is my business and mine only.

If I choose to join an M+ with a 486DX2 PC and a 56k modem is totally my choice and you should not be allowed to question it.

My Pc for example despite being good from time to time has huge stutter spikes and sometimes even reboot. It’s rare but happens. Sometimes in the middle of a M+. Should I just sit in Orgrimmar all the time because of this? Of course not.

Sometimes life happens even during an M+. Sometimes line goes banana for whatever reason even during an M+.

Let’s be realistic, they will never introduce penalties for early leavers and despite hating early leavers it cannot be else. Because it would hurt “legit” leavers also.

The only thing they could do is to make a history of leavers available so we can at least see the leaves % on the total number of completed dungeons. Not a revolution but better that the actual little more than nothing that r.io is.
    i am not judging but why someone with a DC every 10 minutes for example would join a m+ besides ruining people's keys? i mean, if i had a bad internet connection like that i wouldnt be joining keys, it wouldnt be fun for me and would ruin other people's keys.
    A leave is a leave, for the people in your party it is the same if you leave for troll or if you leave because your house is on fire, get it? Losing item level n rewards would separate people that leave constantly and people that leave once in a while due to some unique and uncontrollable problem because if you leave once in a while due to some problem or whatever you would be able to restore your rewards easy and if you leave a lot you wouldnt get a good reward, thats it

Thats why im considering a "last week" count not a historical one

Based on my experience leavers are because:

85% early wipe/ rage about tank path playstyle/skill of other Party members
    10% irl sitatuions
    5% internet issues

So with those measures you gonna attack 85% of the problem.. BAD? I dont think so
    Last edited by GuanoCaca; 2021-01-15 at 05:40 PM. Reason: Failed at math

Quote Originally Posted by erifwodahs View Post
    I mean.... I had to step out to help a non responsive neighbor...
    -Can you help, my wife is on the floor not responsive.
    -Can you wait? I'm busy here you know.

That was one. The other time few years ago, police jumped into my garden trying to catch someone.
    -KNOCK KNOCK KNOCK, Police here.
    -Can you wait 5minutes?

Kid decided to put some plastic in the toaster. - Strong smell of burning plastic
    -It can wait 5mins...

Do you even live in real world? There are a lot of very valid reasons to jump off the pc, even tho most of them happen very rarely.
    you can type gtg in chat faster than your brain can even process the information of ''police knowcked on my door,someone told me to help them or i smell burning''

also the problem with people bailing is fairly common,im sure they all dont have those issues and are just assholes

I had a blood DK join and leave after the first pack, was upset the mage didn't combust the first pack. my key was dead... I zone out with my friend and go downstairs to bio. I come back up and another group is asking him why he left, no more than 5 mins later. That's someone whos abusing being a tank and leaving till he gets exactly what he wants.

still it takes like 10-15 seconds to type g2g irl issue, ppl would be fine with that, its when ppl just leave without saying a thing that i take issue with
    10-15 sec?lol are you typing it with your feet...all you need is to type gtg,and that takes a second or less

Quote Originally Posted by deenman View Post
    10-15 sec?lol are you typing it with your feet...all you need is to type gtg,and that takes a second or less
    i did say like a few posts up it was a example and i have seen some slow typrs but my point still stands

Lol .. automated penalties and player reviews ... wtf?
    What people need to do is take a deep breath. So you got a key ruined, you can just level it back.

If you group with random people you automatically take the chance that it may not work out.

i am not judging but why someone with a DC every 10 minutes for example would join a m+ besides ruining people's keys? i mean, if i had a bad internet connection like that i wouldnt be joining keys, it wouldnt be fun for me and would ruin other people's keys.
    A leave is a leave, for the people in your party it is the same if you leave for troll or if you leave because your house is on fire, get it? Losing item level n rewards would separate people that leave constantly and people that leave once in a while due to some unique and uncontrollable problem because if you leave once in a while due to some problem or whatever you would be able to restore your rewards easy and if you leave a lot you wouldnt get a good reward, thats it
    I understand the frustration when a key fails because of leavers, i of course experienced that too and will experience a lot in the future because I almost always pug.

But imho there’s no simple solution with this, I remember in Vanilla when I often got deserter debuff in PvP because line or pc went down and due to queues I could not login back in a proper time, it was really frustrating.

Also there are situations (not so rare in my low bracket where you take 60 minutes, 60 deaths and 600g repair to complete a dungeon (this week happened with a SD and a SoA +3). I usually don’t leave because I’m sad for the others, but should I really be blamed, in case? It’s your time but it’s also my time.

The matter is far more complex than it seems.

If there was a solution it would of been done by now.

Pugging almost always ends poorly in WoW, regardless of content.
    Scheduled weekly maintenance caught me by surprise.

10+ Year Old Account
    i know it dosent make make sense but why else would you leave right at the last boss with 2-4 mins left on the timer? then to chase io score?
    I know people do it, I've seen it myself. It's just dumb. All I can guess is people don't realise it doesn't negatively impact their score.

It's one thing if you fail the timer and it is still going to be a longass time still before you finish (especially now that not timing means just one piece of loot), but leaving near the end when it's clear you won't make it but can still finish quickly is silly.

Blizzard didn't really help this by nerfing loot. Disincentives everyone from finishing keys.

for moderation questions/concerns, please contact a global:

TzivaRadux SimcaElysiaZaelsinoxskarmaVenara

| twitch | bsky
    |

Quote Originally Posted by Tziva View Post
    I know people do it, I've seen it myself. It's just dumb. All I can guess is people don't realise it doesn't negatively impact their score.

It's one thing if you fail the timer and it is still going to be a longass time still before you finish (especially now that not timing means just one piece of loot), but leaving near the end when it's clear you won't make it but can still finish quickly is silly.

Blizzard didn't really help this by nerfing loot. Disincentives everyone from finishing keys.
    i agree it's those people i want to punish and i wish to punish

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ellieg View Post
    Not gonna make the key in time, don't want the leaver penalty. In this situation I could just afk and you'll be punished for leaving it
    Truee. I guess the penalty could also be applied if you get kicked for afking, but a gm would have to confirm that you were indeed afk, or that would be abused to shit probably.

My gold making blog
    Your journey towards the gold cap!