Thread: Genshin Impact

I main Diluc too, but even if he wasn't number one by a mile, the dude is still a beast in his own right.

Quote Originally Posted by KrayZ33 View Post
    That chart is probably Ganyu Ultimate (with 100% uptime) + constant arrow spamming + E always hitting twice
    Theoretical DPS means little when it's practically impossible to achieve.

Ganyu DPS is huge, but not "twice as much as diluc"-huge - which is what you are looking at.
    And you wouldn't believe how much damage Diluc actually deals with C6 and Ganyu is still 20% ahead at C0 according to that chart.

Unless it's AoE with like 3-4 targets. I'm not seeing it.
    This chart is supposedly "single target with unlimited energy". Ganyu may be absolutely broken in AoE scenario, but single target? I'd be willing to bet C6 Fischl would outdps her hard on single target in most realistic scenarios. It's not like mobs will just stand still all the time and eat charged shots with no response.

Dakath said the chart assumes 100% weak spot damage, which is also physically impossible to get, but I guess it's the only way Ganyu could reach those numbers.
    Quote Originally Posted by Maxos View Post
    When you play the game of MMOs, you win or you go f2p.

This new event seems fun.
    420 total primogems
    Certain bosses give boosts to certain characters
    Good rewards
    Co-Op with friends? Anyone? :3

This event was odd. The world itself worked against it. I ran into an area with 4 Ruin guardians last night in area 13. Its nice that it was so simple so it was easy to unlock every reward.
    Quote Originally Posted by scorpious1109 View Post
    Why the hell would you wait till after you did this to confirm the mortality rate of such action?

Quote Originally Posted by BeepBoo View Post
    HEY look at that... exactly what I was complaining about is the most likely thing to happen... actually happened. Fucking power creep man. I love coco goat, but she's too strong.

LOL you just made yourself look like a fool posting this. That chart literally means nothing.

Quote Originally Posted by dk3790 View Post
    LOL you just made yourself look like a fool posting this. That chart literally means nothing.
    Sure, the chart was some random thing I found perusing chinese posts about her. I'm not that invested in it as I've clearly shown already. Ganyu is still likely a powercreep, chart or no chart. I'll happily concede if/when more testing is done, but if chinese are saying something (her dmg is OP) it's likely true. They cried about Zhongli's dmg and it was indeed weak. I only disagreed that it made him a weak character because damage isn't the be-all-end-all of every character (because every character isn't a main DPS). In the case of characters that ARE main DPS and where dps is all they offer, how much damage they do IS the be-all-end-all, though.
    Last edited by BeepBoo; 2021-01-15 at 10:11 PM.

Sure, the chart was some random thing I found perusing chinese posts about her. I'm not that invested in it as I've clearly shown already. Ganyu is still likely a powercreep, chart or no chart. I'll happily concede if/when more testing is done, but if chinese are saying something (her dmg is OP) it's likely true. They cried about Zhongli's dmg and it was indeed weak. I only disagreed that it made him a weak character because damage isn't the be-all-end-all of every character (because every character isn't a main DPS). In the case of characters that ARE main DPS and where dps is all they offer, how much damage they do IS the be-all-end-all, though.
    That's the thing. She isn't that strong. That chart was designed in a way to make it look like she's ridiculously strong. C0 ganyu isn't stronger than c6 diluc in-game. Also, just because I know what the result is going to be (ganyu will be the top in sims, even if not by this much), sims are going to assume that she has 100% uptime on every aimed shot and that's just not going to happen in real combat and it should not have any impact for people.

I honestly don't know why you people care so much about this crap. It was such a bother in wow. It really doesn't fcking matter.

- - - Updated - - -
    @Bovinity Divinity I'm starting to hit that point where I'm thinking of quitting too. I'm literally just logging in to do dailies and use up resin. Have been doing that for awhile.

Can someone help me see the appeal of Mona? I was trying to use her as an alternative to Xiangling and as a support dps to put elemental status on mobs, and believe I have them both around the same level, but her E doesn't do nearly as much damage as Guoba. Same with her normal attacks.

Quote Originally Posted by Very Tired View Post
    Can someone help me see the appeal of Mona? I was trying to use her as an alternative to Xiangling and as a support dps to put elemental status on mobs, and believe I have them both around the same level, but her E doesn't do nearly as much damage as Guoba. Same with her normal attacks.
    Mona earns her place on my team every time I press Q and whenever I need to cross water.

Quote Originally Posted by Dakhath View Post
    Mona earns her place on my team every time I press Q and whenever I need to cross water.
    And when I'm climbing. #1 reason to use her.

10+ Year Old Account
    Well fuck...i got Jean. (also maxed constelation now on Xiangling and got another rust)
    C1 now.

- - - Updated - - -

Some fun shit:
    So you can bait fatui assasins near water, drop down a lotos and they will charge it and end up in water.

Putting the people that dont know how to read a chart aside, powercreeped characters are going to happen. And Ganyu is such an example. As long as the game doesnt start balancing future content around people having these characters I could give less of a fuck. Its a lot better to release powerful characters in a primarily single player game with no pvp then repeat a zhongli fiasco.

Based on? I can't read anything on it but chinese are normally pretty good at data crunching in games (source: they constantly top world charts for wow), so if the chinese server is up in arms about something I assume there is some weight behind it (even if this chart isn't perfect).

Where are you getting c0 vs c6? Besides that, even if the graph has a 100% margin of error on Ganyu's grey part (whatever that is) she still ends up ahead by a fair margin. I'm open to more concrete data in a language I can read, though.

It's pretty easy to theorycraft basic DPS in a vacuum. Start adding in a lot of external factors and you start losing that ease. You could probably easily add in melt, though.

And before someone else says it: "Hurr durr no idea why you care about imba in a solo RPG!"
    Fuck that noise. You should always care about balance in any game. I do, because I want what I like the best to be competitive with other things and I feel bad using garbage (yes, even in a solo game, even if it's what I love). Devs should know how to balance properly so it isn't an issue. Giving them a free pass, especially when the game does have coop where effectiveness matters (even though it's optional), especially when what people are going to toss money at is power... is a bad choice.
    Well, solid argument, my only counter argument is:
    Fuck that noise.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bovinity Divinity View Post
    I guess it's just time to save my primos for a while.

All the 4* are C6, and I can't reasonably get C1 Ganyu without spending, I think. Amos isn't really worth chasing as I have a Harp already and R1 Amos isn't going to be the huge boost to charged shots that R5 is. I wouldn't mind R5 Amos and R5 Pride, but yeah.

Could just keep pulling on the character banner to build pity and maybe luck into C1 Ganyu I guess!
    ....well i got Jean so yeah....good luck to not get screved up (68 was last xiangling -- so i spend my currency and ..... well that happened)

I will keep rolling and if i dont get lucky, then i will wait till Ayaka banner. (probaly gona roll till 20/90 as it has a higher chance to get it -- after that it sucks)
    Xiao (i dont need more damage dealers right now), Rosaria (i dont realy need another cyro) and Hu Tao (Klee and Diluc do they job quite well) are a skip for me right now.

I was planning on c6ing Ganyu a few weeks ago but having to replace both my furnace and water heater in the same week, I decided to just get her and maybe 1 or 2 constellations before the end of the banner. I know this goes against assumptions of people who spend money are degenerates and make poor choices, but I like warm showers and a warm house. There isn't a single character that has been leaked that I care more than getting C0 for. I'd like them for collection purposes but I have no room in my team for anyone going forward.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dakhath View Post
    I was planning on c6ing Ganyu a few weeks ago but having to replace both my furnace and water heater in the same week, I decided to just get her and maybe 1 or 2 constellations before the end of the banner. I know this goes against assumptions of people who spend money are degenerates and make poor choices, but I like warm showers and a warm house. There isn't a single character that has been leaked that I care more than getting C0 for. I'd like them for collection purposes but I have no room in my team for anyone going forward.
    No no, you shouldnt get a furnace and water heater fixed/replaced. Ganyu is warm enogh to get you pass the winter .

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm not convinced by the new event :/

Finally sat down and did the Ganyu quest which was fun, I then decided to spend my primo gems on a roll and immediately pulled Ganyu. Always happy when things work out like that.

It would be rude to use Ganyu for combat. She has work to do, people!

Pit Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Definitely not a fan of this event, it combines multiple things i don't like in video games, like handicapping yourself, time limits and repeatedly fighting the same thing to get a better highscore

But whatever, I'll still get the 14k points needed for the card