Page 1 of 7
... LastLast

Why no DR on interrupts?

I know casters will need some nerfs if they add it but why not do it? it would make the game infinitely more fun for casters
    ATM when i play my shadow priest vs melee cleaves its just not fun between all the interrupts and stuns i cast maybe 20% of the time

Because a spell like Convoke the Spirits exists, which if you don't interrupt it will basically kill you instantly.

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    Interrupts for spriest are definitely a little rough right now, but in a few more weeks they can get 25% reduction from soul binds which is nice.

Right now your best bet is to try and only cast when you can stun/cc melee to give yourself some breathing room.

I wish we had more disarms so melee would know how it feels to be perpetually locked.

Fake casting to bait interrupts is one of the many skills you need to learn if you wanna actually get good at pvp.

It's been a thing literally since PvP was in the game.

DR on interrupts is way too major a change, that would be huge even for a expansion overhaul. (especially if you want interrupts to behave the same in pvp and pve, not sure how blizz feels about that atm.)

Now DR or removing the spell lock that comes with it is something that sounds pretty reasonable, since that's more of a CC than an interrupt anyways.

Because the PvP design of WoW rests upon the core premise of world of meleecraft.

Quote Originally Posted by Ragnarohk View Post
    I wish we had more disarms so melee would know how it feels to be perpetually locked.
    They made melee experience in PvP unpleasant, so they obviously had to go.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kangodo View Post
    Does the CIA pay you for your bullshit or are you just bootlicking in your free time?
    Quote Originally Posted by Mirishka View Post
    I'm quite tired of people who dislike something/disagree with something while attacking/insulting anyone that disagrees. Its as if at some point, people forgot how opinions work.

Quote Originally Posted by Hellobolis View Post
    DR on interrupts is way too major a change, that would be huge even for a expansion overhaul. (especially if you want interrupts to behave the same in pvp and pve, not sure how blizz feels about that atm.)

Now DR or removing the spell lock that comes with it is something that sounds pretty reasonable, since that's more of a CC than an interrupt anyways.
    That would be nice, or simply increase the CD on some of the interrupts classes get. When some classes have a 12 second interrupt CD that is ranged, it is damn near impossible to get a cast off without faking. For example, even in 2's, if you're facing say a resto shaman and a WW monk as a caster, good luck getting a single cast off the entire match if the WW is glued to you. People like to complain about instant cast spells, but if they were removed casters wouldn't even be able to damage in this meta.

Quote Originally Posted by Mehrunes View Post
    Because the PvP design of WoW rests upon the core premise of world of meleecraft.

They made melee experience in PvP unpleasant, so they obviously had to go.
    Considering how easy ranged have it in raids and how a majority of boss mechanics are designed to fuck over melee, I think it balances it out.

Quote Originally Posted by Varolyn View Post
    Considering how easy ranged have it in raids and how a majority of boss mechanics are designed to fuck over melee, I think it balances it out.
    Why do you bring pve talk to a pvp forum, this got nothing to do with fighting AI

Or, how about blizzard balances both so that ranged and melee are equal in both raids and pvp?

DR on interrupts would lower the skill-cap. It's already been said, but baiting interrupts is an important skill in PvP.
    Grand Crusader Belloc <-- 6608 Endless Tank Proving Grounds score! (
    Dragonslayer Kooqu

Quote Originally Posted by Ragnarohk View Post
    I think it's really cool that disarm literally chops off a monk's arms because the only spell she can't use is Fists of Fury.

Imagine balancing pvp to punish roles that does good in pve, such a healthy game design for the longevity of the game. 3 K IQ take indeed.

Wizards have done amazingly well in PvP for years and years.

Where does this world of melee craft come from? The rat league?

Quote Originally Posted by Argorwal View Post

Doing amazingly doesn't mean its fun

holy wizard bias batman. its not like every wizard rn is at least A tier with most being S tier. if anything wizards need less instant casts and longer cast times and to be squisher and less mobile. currently the only time is good to be a melee (excluding rouge who is a whole other species of its own) is when your overtuned and imbalanced, but you will always be checked by the wizard overlords. their is a reason the best comps every season house at least one but usually 2 wizards. id say get good and go look at how mage and spriest are dominating rn, lock is quite good too and ele.

Quote Originally Posted by Argorwal View Post

Wizards?

And yes, fire mages have lots of instant casts while combusting. That's most of the reason they are good. So a change on interrupt would not really buff them.

Similarly locks have short windows of being uninterruptible.

Quote Originally Posted by LordVargK View Post
    Wizards?

And yes, fire mages have lots of instant casts while combusting. That's most of the reason they are good. So a change on interrupt would not really buff them.
    spriests have quite a number of instant casts too, who remembers when casters actually had to...wait for it....STAND STILL AND CAST.

Quote Originally Posted by Ryzeth View Post
    Fake casting to bait interrupts is one of the many skills you need to learn if you wanna actually get good at pvp.

It's been a thing literally since PvP was in the game.
    Aye it's easy to bate 3 interrupts from the same team of 2.8k pros, very fucking easy.