Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Yriel View Post
    As opposed to Baine dying after losing his father?
    When did both of each character die exactly?
    Quote Originally Posted by Shekora View Post
    Goddamn it, Gimlix, why do you keep making these threads?
    Quote Originally Posted by Sam the Wiser View Post
    Goddamn it, Gimlix, why do you keep making these threads?

The story needs good writers but I am pretty sure that train has left the station very long ago.

WoW's writing team have been trying more than a few times to pull off GoT level twists these past few years.

The reason why you probably don't remember these twists is because the writers are just simply not good enough for that stuff
    Last edited by ONCHEhap; 2021-01-16 at 12:59 AM.

WoW writers are all too busy jerking each other off to improve themselves to a standard that would enable that scenario to come to light.

Quote Originally Posted by Nelinrah View Post
    Anduin please. He is complete cancer to the story.
    How so? I know some people hate him because ..... ? He is not macho uno macho enough?

Personally, I find Sylvanas to be the worse developed character so far since WoTLK. Maybe at the end there is some shocker that proves me wrong. But so far, she is prepared to burn, literally, anyone to achieve her goal, what ever that maybe, which differs from her original character.

Quote Originally Posted by Sansnom View Post
    How so? I know some people hate him because ..... ? He is not macho uno macho enough?

Personally, I find Sylvanas to be the worse developed character so far since WoTLK. Maybe at the end there is some shocker that proves me wrong. But so far, she is prepared to burn, literally, anyone to achieve her goal, what ever that maybe, which differs from her original character.
    I don't give a shit about Sylvanas. Why the fuck do people always bring up Sylvanas when someone doesn't like Anduin? Both characters can suck, it's not a 1 or the other.

I hate Anduin because he's a kid who's somehow super important to the story for no god damned reason who has everything fucking handed to him through no effort of his own. He's pretty much a perfect example of a Mary Sue.

10+ Year Old Account
    Anduin is pretty good character, that has had in wow terms stable development, no need to kill him, when shadowlands is over he could go on a pilgrimage for a expansion or two, kinda like thrall, then come back older and wiser when the alliance needs some OP holypowers.

A game with no stakes can't tell a compelling story. Stop expecting it to.

Quote Originally Posted by McNeil View Post
    The WoW writers aren't anywhere near the level of those from GoT around the time the Red Wedding took place.

The season 8 writers though..... thats a different story
    You do know ... that GoT were books first right? The writers didn't right The Red Wedding.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nizah View Post
    why so mad bro

The expansion already invalidates death literally speaking so its near impossible for it to make death unsettling or sad when theres no real consequences at this point.

In the end they need to focus more on trying to flesh out the lore more, and actually giving context and depth to things that havent been given it for years.

Basically, what they NEED, tbh?

Is a FF14 style approach to storytelling, aka: a 10 year plan with a specific beginning/middle and ending, say what you like about 14, the one thing it does have over wow is its consistancy, but rather than make this a pure "14 is better than wow" point score, its more of a critique that wow needs to address.

For a long, time, the lore has been bad at keeping consistant, and keeping ongoing, previous expansions become invalid after 1 action of a new villian and it kinda destroys the value of any previous achievements you do.

For once, id like to see things move a direction we havent seen, the consequences of our actions, an expansion entirley about the consequences of the previous expansions would be fun, in the same light that Legion sort of did that.

I don't give a shit about Sylvanas. Why the fuck do people always bring up Sylvanas when someone doesn't like Anduin? Both characters can suck, it's not a 1 or the other.
    But you did not mention Sylvannnas initially. So it seems Anduin is the first character you think off for the chop.

I hate Anduin because he's a kid who's somehow super important to the story for no god damned reason who has everything fucking handed to him through no effort of his own. He's pretty much a perfect example of a Mary Sue.
    [/QUOTE]

Considering he is the sole heir and Valarian died. So yeah, that makes him rather important. That is how inheritance and line of succession works.

No effort is kind harsh. Normally, the heir apparent is generally tutored how to rule from a young age.

Quote Originally Posted by Sansnom View Post
    But you did not mention Sylvannnas initially. So it seems Anduin is the first character you think off for the chop.

Considering he is the sole heir and Valarian died. So yeah, that makes him rather important. That is how inheritance and line of succession works.

No effort is kind harsh. Normally, the heir apparent is generally tutored how to rule from a young age.
    Sylvanas is a villain and we're going to stab her in the face eventually. Why would I need to mention her?

Anduin has been turned into the singular protagonist of Warcraft and doesn't look to be dying any time soon. Of course I'm far more annoyed by him.

Anduin is the heir to 1 kingdom that rules 1 race in a game that has 23 playable races(and even more non-playable races) in it. There is absolutely no reason at all for him to be as important as he is, especially given his age.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm more shocked to learn that people were surprised about the red wedding episode.
    Hi

10+ Year Old Account
    A Red Wedding of sorts, where Anduin, Jaina, Genn, Malfurion and Tyrande all die at the same time?

It might be exactly what this game needs....
    Fact (because I say so): TBC > Cata > Legion > ShaLa > MoP > DF > BfA > WoD = WotLK

My pet collection --> http://www.warcraftpets.com/collection/FuxieDK/

Quote Originally Posted by Asrialol View Post
    I'm more shocked to learn that people were surprised about the red wedding episode.
    Same dude. Maybe the show didn’t explain it well enough but if you read the book you could feel something bad was gonna happen. Forgot who pleas with Rob but someone says it’s a bad idea giving that lords disposition with the Starks. So it really wasn't that surprising IMO.

Warcraft is more like a Marvel or DC universe than a LOTR or Game of Thrones. Old characters are frequently rebooted, nobody ever dies permanently, power levels are way out of whack, global catastrophes have no meaningful impact on the world, you name it.

We just found out in Ardenweald that Ursoc is dead forever, which causes a lot of emotion for some of us. That's what WoW brings, an emotional connection to some characters and then when they end up passing it means a lot more. Not GOTs moronic "hurr durr main characters dying left and right" crap.
    If what doesn't kill you, makes you stronger. Then I should be a god by now.

Quote Originally Posted by Pandragon View Post
    We just found out in Ardenweald that Ursoc is dead forever, which causes a lot of emotion for some of us. That's what WoW brings, an emotional connection to some characters and then when they end up passing it means a lot more. Not GOTs moronic "hurr durr main characters dying left and right" crap.
    Most people don't even know who ursoc is

i wouldnt mind more mature story, but lets face the reality, wow story have ALWAYS been cheesy as hell and most people never seemed to give a fuck...

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by choom View Post
    Warcraft is more like a Marvel or DC universe than a LOTR or Game of Thrones. Old characters are frequently rebooted, nobody ever dies permanently, power levels are way out of whack, global catastrophes have no meaningful impact on the world, you name it.
    pretty much this, wow story, like MCU, is simple, cheesy, easy to watch without thinking so masses love it
    you want something more mature or niche, fine, but its very unlikely in wow, you probably gotta change to different game for that

We all know they arent so good at coming up with new characters so the ones we got will be with us going to "hate the other faction lets have war!!!" to "new devil and risen and we must unite with other faction to live!!!" every other expansion.
    Last edited by Low Hanging Fruit; 2021-01-16 at 06:20 PM.