Page 17 of 21 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Gaidax View Post
    Bruv, you just showed one small snippet of warlocks ever being placed there. That all.

Don't get too cocky. In the end of the day what defines meta is not one off week, but what actually happens thorough the season.

- - - Updated - - -

This does not matter what you could bring. It matters what people want to bring. People want lust, people want easy mongo dps. Thus mages and hunters are going in. That all. There is no gamble there.

The OP posted whatever he posted not of boredom, he did it because it is legit that warlocks are not a hot invite in M+ to the extent a few golden children of this season are, not even close.

You don't even need to be dishonest about it - go search for +15. You will have plenty of "MAGE" and shit like that in requests. Good luck seeing "lock" there.
    Not denying that it's there- as I said that key range is where people are the worst meta slaves. My point is more that many of them are being idiots who don't see further than raider.io's guides. Maybe things will turn around in a month when people realize that tons of rerollers can't play the game for shit no matter what meta class they use, who knows, I'm not being optimistic but stranger things have happened. I know that in my keys, I've actually had more success avoiding hunters and mages now because it means I actually get players who know their class and don't get free invites, or high IO people who know their shit but are insufferable about it.

One thing I will say is that dungeons feel harder this expansion compared to BFA and especially Legion, and especially on Tyrannical where even on +12 some bosses feel harder than half the Mythic bosses I progressed on (hi, Sanguine Depths and Necrotic Wake) where one misstep means a pretty much guaranteed wipe. That probably causes at least some of the attitude I bemoan.
    It is all that is left unsaid upon which tragedies are built -Kreia

The internet: where to every action is opposed an unequal overreaction.

To those saying "make your own group", have you tried doing that as a dps? Every time I try I get maybe 1 other dps queue up after 10 mins. Never any tanks or healers.

Id love to make my own group but its not easy as a solo dps

Quote Originally Posted by Guilford View Post
    uSeFuL cLaSs

Aff Warlocks are legit S tier right next to Hunters, Mages and Boomies. HONK HONK
    Good thing those other classes being utility. If I cared I would probably double up on any of those over a warlock.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Jastall View Post
    Not denying that it's there- as I said that key range is where people are the worst meta slaves. My point is more that many of them are being idiots who don't see further than raider.io's guides. Maybe things will turn around in a month when people realize that tons of rerollers can't play the game for shit no matter what meta class they use, who knows, I'm not being optimistic but stranger things have happened. I know that in my keys, I've actually had more success avoiding hunters and mages now because it means I actually get players who know their class and don't get free invites, or high IO people who know their shit but are insufferable about it.

One thing I will say is that dungeons feel harder this expansion compared to BFA and especially Legion, and especially on Tyrannical where even on +12 some bosses feel harder than half the Mythic bosses I progressed on (hi, Sanguine Depths and Necrotic Wake) where one misstep means a pretty much guaranteed wipe. That probably causes at least some of the attitude I bemoan.
    Nah. Nothing will change. This has been the norm since io and gear score were introduced. Used to just make my own groups with 2 friends who were tank and healer. Then we'd just fill groups with folks who's names made us laugh.

Quote Originally Posted by Rinaul View Post
    Good thing those other classes being utility. If I cared I would probably double up on any of those over a warlock.
    Warlock has as much utility as those classes, the only problem being hero.

Nah. Nothing will change. This has been the norm since io and gear score were introduced. Used to just make my own groups with 2 friends who were tank and healer. Then we'd just fill groups with folks who's names made us laugh.
    RaiderIO and gear score have nothing to do with people not inviting warlocks to groups.

Quote Originally Posted by Jastall View Post
    I know that in my keys, I've actually had more success avoiding hunters and mages now because it means I actually get players who know their class and don't get free invites, or high IO people who know their shit but are insufferable about it.
    That's probably because good players of those classes have moved on to much higher keys with their free invites, a mage or a hunter still doing a 12 or something can't possibly be good.

Another issue with the current meta is that the 'best' classes are also the most played ones. If the meta was something like monk, warlock, enh or whatever else is barely played, there would be much more room for non meta classes.

Quote Originally Posted by Gaidax View Post
    People come up with these shitlists, but in reality the only thing worthwhile Warlocks bring there is HS. Everything else you can get off just about anyone. A lot of classes can CR and all engineers can as well. But when it comes to actual utility that gets in you groups - Mages shit on Warlocks simply because of Time Warp.

Every utility aside HS can be replaced by many other classes and specs. And HS itself is just a nice to have thing, hardly something people actively seek out when they fill out the group.
    Really? With your logic, locks shits on mage because they bring CR. A lot of classes can Lust...
    Last edited by HCLM; 2021-01-15 at 10:00 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by HCLM View Post
    Really? With your logic, locks shits on mage because they bring CR. A lot of classes can Lust...
    Nah mage also gets free invite cause brings mana for the healer. Bring anything else better for CR, boomy, uh dk.

Nah mage also gets free invite cause brings mana for the healer. Bring anything else better for CR, boomy, uh dk.
    But mage does not give mana...

You guys are great at proving the point, that most people just blindly follow the meta, while not having a clue about why X spec is strong...
    Last edited by HCLM; 2021-01-15 at 10:20 AM.

healthstone, combat res, aoe stun, interrupt? that is literally what mage has, except u trade immunity for hearhstone and combat res. U keep proving that u have no clue about the game
    I notice how you didn't actually answer the question.

I asked "What utility have they(warlocks) gained in the past 2-3 weeks?

The problem is that Mage damage is astronomical compared to warlocks, along with the different situational utilities that Fire Mages bring.

You keep saying things like "you keep proving that you have no clue about the game" without actually explaining/backing that statement up...

Quote Originally Posted by ztkraptor View Post
    I notice how you didn't actually answer the question.

I asked "What utility have they(warlocks) gained in the past 2-3 weeks?

The problem is that Mage damage is astronomical compared to warlocks, along with the different situational utilities that Fire Mages bring.

You keep saying things like "you keep proving that you have no clue about the game" without actually explaining/backing that statement up...
    I literally listed all utility that warlock has, and it is not about utility, but how much dmg Affli locks have now than compared than what they could do 2 weeks ago.

Locks are outscaling most classes right now.
    Last edited by HCLM; 2021-01-15 at 01:47 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by ellieg View Post
    To those saying "make your own group", have you tried doing that as a dps? Every time I try I get maybe 1 other dps queue up after 10 mins. Never any tanks or healers.

Id love to make my own group but its not easy as a solo dps
    They have discords where you can advertise groups. Perky Pugs, M+ Discord ect...plenty of avenues to make groups without having to go through premade queue.

- - - Updated - - -

uSeFuL cLaSs

Aff Warlocks are legit S tier right next to Hunters, Mages and Boomies. HONK HONK
    You understand we are talking in terms of utility and not damage right? Which warlocks bring very little outside soul stone and an occasional aoe stun

- - - Updated - - -

NoN mEtA dPs

https://imgur.com/a/NCzod8n

There are Aff Warlocks doing higher keys than Marks Hunters right now. Why bother bringing them at all? They have a brez, gateway, cookies and potentially more damage. Don't need the lust you'll probably already have a Mage. Interrupt CD is the same. MD is sorta pointless. Strange.

- - - Updated - - -

Damage is a MASSIVE factor in M+ and Aff Warlocks have it in spades.
    What is this warlock propaganda. Check top 100 timed runs on rio and let me know how many have warlocks in them

3 classes can lust. And all 3 are meta classes. Coincidence? Probably not.

Quote Originally Posted by chiddie View Post
    It’s difficult to learn playing and gitting gud if no one invites you because you’re not the fotm class/spec, you know.
    Get some RL friends together and figure the shit out. Can't/Won't do that? Not sure what to tell ya. Deal with it?

But mage does not give mana...

You guys are great at proving the point, that most people just blindly follow the meta, while not having a clue about why X spec is strong...
    Oh? When did they get rid of mage table? Hmm, guess they only give mana buns in classic now. /s

I literally listed all utility that warlock has, and it is not about utility, but how much dmg Affli locks have now than compared than what they could do 2 weeks ago.

Locks are outscaling most classes right now.
    TIL: Being in the middle = "out-scaling most classes" LMAO

It is 100% about the utility that is brought to the table. And also the damage. Honestly at this point its just becoming pathetic. Just stop.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by ydraw View Post
    3 classes can lust. And all 3 are meta classes. Coincidence? Probably not.
    LOL this HCLM guy is legitimately clueless. It is insane. He thinks its a good idea for people to do things harder than they need to bc warlock...lmao

Quote Originally Posted by Thalrend View Post
    I am typing this because I am genuinely about to break my keyboard with anger. 1310 rio Warlock here, Literally need 2 more dungeons to get +15 mount, grinded 12 hours per day since this reset if not more. Why? Because I didn't get a single dungeon invite this week. Zero. I applied more than 150 dungeons, not a single invite. What does the community require from you do get bloody invites? 1.3 K rio, 215 I lvl and how does everybody expecting to you to have more? I have been only doing my keys but at this point I just cannot stand going to some of the places for the 4th -5th bloody time.

So heres my question, what do you require from your pugs to invite them to your high m+ pluses?
    If you want to join random m+ dungeons, you'll need to outgear and outscore (rio) the dungeon hard, in order to even stand the slightest chance of getting invited. There's literally no way of pushing keys you haven't done before as a dps player with a random group if it's not your own key.

For example, if you want to do +15 keys, you'll need at least 1,5k+ rio and ilvl 218+ in order to getting invited. Of course, with those stats you wouldn't do 15s, you would be doing 17-18s. But in a random group, there's just no way. You always need to outgear and outscore the key by a lot.

But then again, what's the point?

I guess m+ is fun with a set group of people or a guild, but not with random groups.

I have a feeling half of them don't play the game or they do +10s max.
    What? It's super easy to get tanks and healers when you list a +14. If anything I have a feeling you two do low keys, because tanks do apply for +14's and higher.

High single target and cleave damage

Quote Originally Posted by ztkraptor View Post
    TIL: Being in the middle = "out-scaling most classes" LMAO

It is 100% about the utility that is brought to the table. And also the damage. Honestly at this point its just becoming pathetic. Just stop.

- - - Updated - - -

LOL this HCLM guy is legitimately clueless. It is insane. He thinks its a good idea for people to do things harder than they need to bc warlock...lmao
    Having Lock in a group doesn't make runs harder. Having YOU in the group on the other hand...

btw.
    https://imgur.com/a/3tyWTw9

Affli lock is currently, only slightly behind your META OP MUST PICK OR BURN KEY picks

But no worries mate. As soon as any stronger pick pop-up on MDI, you will immediately switch to screaming 'XYZ PICK IS MEEETA' even though now u see only 3 picks. Like all sheep do.

Oh? When did they get rid of mage table? Hmm, guess they only give mana buns in classic now. /s
    U are aware that you can buy food that regen your mana from vendors, are u? There are many reason why mage is good for m+, but no one cares about mage table.
    Last edited by HCLM; 2021-01-16 at 12:41 PM.

Having Lock in a group doesn't make runs harder. Having YOU in the group on the other hand...

btw.

Affli lock is currently, only slightly behind your META OP MUST PICK OR BURN KEY picks

"Slightly" lol its like 20% behind.

Not only that its 5th place, out of what 12 DPS classes? Is that something to be excited about?

Not only that you chose 1 week, and probably all keystones lol.

Pick 2 weeks and like a 12 or something...

The fact you can't get over that there are just some classes that are better than others is sad.

btw.

But no worries mate. As soon as any stronger pick pop-up on MDI, you will immediately switch to screaming 'XYZ PICK IS MEEETA' even though now u see only 3 picks. Like all sheep do.

U are aware that you can buy food that regen your mana from vendors, are u? There are many reason why mage is good for m+, but no one cares about mage table.
    Lol, tell that to healers.