Page 2 of 15 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jainzar View Post
    Yea, it is. But not at this point in the expansion. It's still pretty early and already there's not much to do, gearing wise. I wish there were better / more options for gearing.
    Have you done all 4 of the covenant quest lines through all 9 chapters? If not, there's THAT which you can do. The game so far has been told through the eyes of 4 different groups of people.

The preference for Blizzard would be for you to log in once a month. They want that sweet sub money, they really don't care if you play actively, as long as you remain subbed.

Quote Originally Posted by Ulfric Trumpcloak View Post
    Yeah, pvpers are the only ones having fun with the game right now. Pve is very unrewarding. Mythic+ is a waste of time because gear is just 210, raids are a waste of time because you don't get any loot.
    Maybe because they play to compete And gear is tool not goal? 2 weeks after season started pvers had 215+ while we had 2 rng vault pieces and 1100 conquest big piece is 875. Now im 212? With 235 legendary. -3weeks ago we met raiders in rbg with full pve gear of like 218+ the diff was do huge like perma battlemaster trinket + offensive on use just popped 24/7

You guys want to do repeatable casual content to grind 230ilvl od what? Perfect if emisary (callings) would drop titanforge gear because you spend your time doing it. Getting Red eye in maw should give you access to daily chest with at least 226ilvl to have reason to play. If there were a quest to do 10 torghast runs to get 230 you would be happy

But if someone is playing 100-1000 arenas a week at high lvl its perfectly fine to get max 550cp and wait 2 weeks to buy Item that appears in 3rd week in vault with 2 worst in slot alternatives to choose

Quote Originally Posted by Qnubi View Post
    I have quit the game as well, same reasons as yours. I loved gearing myself in M+ back in BFA Season 1+2 (skipped season 3 cause corruption). Loot is too unrewarding for me, which is weird because I like loot being rare. The problem isn't the drop rate, it's that totally overpowered vault cache each week. Why waste time in M+ dungeons if all the gear is so useless compared to the vault? I am not gonna play a game for a once a week lottery ticket, Blizzard. In BFA regular M+ dungeons had a chance to be great because of TF/WF, this is gone now. Never thought I would say this, but either bring back TF/WF or drastically reduce the weekly vault ilvl.

Again, the problem for me isn't that loot is rarer (I thought that was the case at first), the problem is that everything feels worthless because of the weekly vault, it outshines EVERYTHING except mythic raids. Even if you are happy with M+2 loot, everything you get in M+2 is gonna be replaced by the weekly vault. Again, in BFA it was making sure some M+ drops stayed relevant because of WF/TF, now everything is useless compared to weekly vault.

TLDR: Weekly Cache is too strong, everything except Mythic raid loot is useless, regardless of content difficulty.
    Exactly. This 100%. Why would I go raiding hc, when literally every item that can possibly drop there can be replaced by vault items? Why would I farm M+ keys, if the loot is completely worthless compared to the vault?

I don't have the time for mythic raiding. And a lot of other people don't, either. I'm mainly a m+ player, but that's just not worth it AT ALL, loot wise.
    ???
    If you have no time, why are you complaining about not having enough to do? Also you clearly do have time, since you have 10/10hc clear. Or did you buy a boost?
    In the raiding hours your team needed to finish heroic you can do mythic. Mythic doesn't take more time per week than normal or hc, it just takes more weeks.

On m+ I don't know what to tell you man. Either you like doing something, in the case of m+ pushing rio score, or you do it for the loot. If you play WoW just for the loot then better play diablo. Because SL isn't loot lottery simulator anymore, you now have to keep yourself occupied with stuff beyond loot, you know, really playing the game. If you are only motivated if you get loot, SL is probably not for you.

Loot is a tool to do content. If you don't do content without getting loot, then you don't need any loot.
    I think this message should be understand by the community.
    Last edited by LordVargK; 2021-01-16 at 08:55 AM.

They need to bring back the number of raid drops. It's absurd how few drops you get. And then the few drops you get just end up being duplicates or non-upgrades. I've gotten the Huntsman necklace an uncountable number of times and it's just really getting frustrating. I don't want mastery. I've gotten it 3 times on heroic and once on mythic now. Like please stop blizzard. I already have PVP necklace at 220 with better stats, socket, and avoidance.

I don't have the time for mythic raiding. And a lot of other people don't, either. I'm mainly a m+ player, but that's just not worth it AT ALL, loot wise.
    Are you really in for pushing keys because of the loot?

I mean sure some reward is nice. But pushing keys was never about the loot in the end. At least not for the people I am pushing with or myself.

Valor system in WotLK was superior in every way to what we have now. Blizzard should take notes..

I'm finding myself logging in less and less too, doing ONE key per week (m+ is not fun anymore), doing my 2 torghast for Soul Ash (which I dunno why I do as my bis is maxed out), doing the HC raid and that is pretty much it... sometimes I might login to do an emissary but i actually dont know why, i dont need anything from those rewards, I dont need the rep because all factions give shit at exalted, I dont need to do Maw as the Sanctum upgrades are 100% pointless and dont get me started on WQs.

I am with OP, I would like to play but it's nothing worth the time and effort as everything you can do (except spamming boring m+ or pvping) gives less rewards than what you already got.

/sad'n'bored

Pretty much my reaction to the new loot system as well.

I raid, I kill 10 bosses on heroic and some on mythic. I do one high M+ key for an extra 226 option.

Renown and Torghast keep me busy for 2h a week or so, but other than that I don't bother with anything else. I haven't completed a Calling in weeks. I don't PvP. M+ feels like a waste of time.

My sub runs out in 2 weeks, I might not renew it. I'll have to see how our mythic raid progression goes.

Quote Originally Posted by Biomega View Post
    Pretty much my reaction to the new loot system as well.

I raid, I kill 10 bosses on heroic and some on mythic. I do one high M+ key for an extra 226 option.

Renown and Torghast keep me busy for 2h a week or so, but other than that I don't bother with anything else. I haven't completed a Calling in weeks. I don't PvP. M+ feels like a waste of time.

My sub runs out in 2 weeks, I might not renew it. I'll have to see how our mythic raid progression goes.
    Yup, same. Sub is running out in two weeks, not gonna renew it. Just not worth it. Thing is, i'd like to play, classes feel good, gameplay feels good, dungeons are well designed, but there's just no incentive to keep running them.

Currently I'm sitting at 214 ilvl, having cleared Castle Nathria 10/10 on heroic.

All I am doing right now is logging in once a week, doing a +14 key, and logging off. That's it. There's literally nothing else to do that is worth my time when it comes to gearing.

Clearing Nathria 10/10 to maybe get something that is replaced anyway by something from the chest eventually? Not worth it. At all. Loot drops are so rare that I got one single item that was useful in over 40 heroic boss kills.

Is this really what Blizzard wants? For people to log in once a week?
    Seems to me you are doing what you enjoy/want in the game,plenty of other things you could be doing like mythic raids,pvp,pet battles,collecting stuff,heck even roleplaying,etc etc...but you arent im guessing,so....what else would YOU like them to add that would make you loggin more?

I'm mainly a m+ player, but that's just not worth it AT ALL, loot wise.
    Imaging having fun with friends. Personally there's nothing that beats doing semilow keys with friends after raid having a laugh and fucking around.
    before m+ you did raid, grinded some rep while voicecom was semi afk.

But as others has said, It's ok to only log once a week.
    Game is a very wide and variable one for a big audience of people. I know some people that clears to curve then afk to next tier. There is no reason u cant play the game the way you want.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ulfric Trumpcloak View Post
    People on this site hate everything. Keep that in mind.

That's kind of a weird statement, if you have time for heroic you have time for (casual) mythic raiding too, maybe not CE, maybe just 3-4 Bosses in before your guild/group hit's a wall, but it's something to do for sure.

I'm in a 2 nighter aotc guild and we also just cleared heroic, went to the first 2 Bosses in mythic now, no commitments or attendance% BS, our roster is simply big enough to go and try with the same time we did heroic.

Somewhat serious mythic raiding/getting CE in a reasonable time is something different of course due to how the game works.

On another note i can agree with you/disagree with most posters here, it "should" be fine to log on only once a week but i doubt this should be what the devs are aiming for 7 weeks into the expansion...
    Last edited by TheLucky1; 2021-01-16 at 09:12 AM.

Currently I'm sitting at 214 ilvl, having cleared Castle Nathria 10/10 on heroic.

All I am doing right now is logging in once a week, doing a +14 key, and logging off. That's it. There's literally nothing else to do that is worth my time when it comes to gearing.

Clearing Nathria 10/10 to maybe get something that is replaced anyway by something from the chest eventually? Not worth it. At all. Loot drops are so rare that I got one single item that was useful in over 40 heroic boss kills.

Is this really what Blizzard wants? For people to log in once a week?
    There's more to do, you're just choosing not to do it.... and that's fine, it's your choice, but there's plenty to do.

Well from your post you are clearly only interested in loot and ilvl increases. So if you don't want (can't) to do mythic raiding I'm guessing it's the end of the road for this patch for you. Other people like to PVP, pet battles, max renown and do other shit, to each their own.

Quote Originally Posted by GreatNameForSmurfingExTee View Post
    ^this answers it all.
    If you don't have more time, you won't get better gear. You cap yourself to heroic and you only get heroic itemlevel.
    Well, his thing was he'd gone as far into raiding and M+s as he wanted and there wasn't more there. But he forgot about all the other things like collecting and side stuff not related to player power when he went "is there any point to logging in."
    The most difficult thing to do is accept that there is nothing wrong with things you don't like and accept that people can like things you don't.

Herald of the Titans MrKnubbles's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account
    I feel like raid loot is so bad compared to m+ loot. I'm currently wearing 8 M+ items, 4 raid items, 1 from world boss and my legendary. Sitting at 211.
    Check out my game, Craftsmith, on the Google Play Store!

15+ Year Old Account
    Go play an alt and other role and do it all over (tank/healer/dps).
    That is not dead which can eternal lie, and with strange Aeons even Death may die.

Yeah Gearing this expansion is so slow that I don't even bother with alts anymore.

The guys that play pvp are ahead with their ilvl.

Going 10 x random m+ is the worst chore you can do each week. Always someone is leaving or group is too weak. It's just annoying.

I finish the hc raid with my guild and then probably let my account run out.