Page 1 of 6
... LastLast

What have blizzard done to the game i love

Log in > get 1400 > 207s handed to you on a plate, if your half decent at pvp 213s handed to you on a plate, if your really good well lets not even go there.
    do m+ 14 > 226 handed to you on a plate in the weekly.
    farm dailies in maw full sockets no problem, go ahead help yourself
    end of m+15? 210, no problem.
    only log in once a week? no problem blizzard has you covered, just do the covenent and you can have a full set of 197 free of charge.
    world boss? 207, what about your lego? 20k here have a 235 no problem.

THIS IS IF YOU DO NOT RAID!

right now to play with all this gear ive been given for free, lets talk about the rotation.........

convoke.

GOOD GAME GUYS. GOOD GAME

12 year player permanently unsubscribing, my god bfa was bad with corruption playing 60% of a players character for them when you consider azerite trinkets etc but this really takes the biscuit.

You have got 50khp tanks as the top healer in pvp.

I get what blizzard are doing, they are accommadating the main player base (casuals) but my lord i dont think they realise what they are unleashing, you have a community FULL of casuals running around thinking they are something they arent. i started to speak to some boomies when i lost in arena to see there mindset about it, would it be like bfa where all players hate it? nono, these guys actually think they are skilled because they can set up omnibar to track counters to there 1 button and they press there 1 button when there is no counter. such skill!

You go to m+15 you got these players that dont know where there interupt button is, if they knew what defensives they could use they wouldnt know where they would be most useful, whats the point? the game is full to the absolute brim of pretend gamers that dont know there backside from there elbow when it comes to maximising there toon, you just try and talk to them about what they can do to improve, no response, they think because they are top dps they are godmode.

seriously screw this game! hows classic tbc? never tried it.

I think its time for you to take a break

>I get what blizzard are doing, they are accommadating the main player base

Amazing insight. Yes, Blizzard are making a game for the vast majority of people.
    You might call them "casuals", or realize they are the normal players and you are an elitist.

If you dislike the game so much why punish yourself with it? It's just a game. Play it or play another one.
    From your post it is clear they will never make the game you like, as your "standards" are just not compatible with them.

>hows classic tbc? never tried it.
    You will love classic, it's full of people like you and really, you guys deserve each other. All normal players left that train wreck ages ago.

Quote Originally Posted by Faible View Post
    I think its time for you to take a break
    yep, permanently, already took my credit card off file, there is legit ZERO reason to ever reinstate it. games not fun anymore. horde feels like im playing on alliance in bfa, everyone is so bad but so chill, its like its now unfashionable to actually be good at the game, all about the social night raids and chilling with your virtual friends.

Game is a joke.

15+ Year Old Account
    Ok, we understood, have a good break!
    step into everything will gief ya nothing, mon

Quote Originally Posted by Resheph View Post
    >I get what blizzard are doing, they are accommadating the main player base

Amazing insight. Yes, Blizzard are making a game for the vast majority of people.
    You might call them "casuals", or realize they are the normal players and you are an elitist.

If you dislike the game so much why punish yourself with it? It's just a game. Play it or play another one.
    From your post it is clear they will never make the game you like, as your "standards" are just not compatible with them.

>hows classic tbc? never tried it.
    You will love classic, it's full of people like you and really, you guys deserve each other. All normal players left that train wreck ages ago.
    i am looking for elitism, people that try so classic is right up my street then?

i have noticed the huge swing in the player base on the game, nobody cares about being good its all about being sociable etc. thats not my playstyle sorry i take pride in how good i am and i ask that people do the same if they are coming in keys that are demanding.

Basically by asking players to simply.....be good enough.....im elitest. im not talking the key must be in time, im talking bring enough damage so if we play it clean its in time, why is that too much to ask? by joining a key that your damage is too low for you just waste your own and everyone elses time, now that is crappy, not the guy that tried is damndest to carry the party through all the fails.

i dont fit in this game anymore.

at all.

Quote Originally Posted by odamienskii View Post
    yep, permanently, already took my credit card off file, there is legit ZERO reason to ever reinstate it. games not fun anymore. horde feels like im playing on alliance in bfa, everyone is so bad but so chill, its like its now unfashionable to actually be good at the game, all about the social night raids and chilling with your virtual friends.

Game is a joke.
    the overall skillcap of the playerbase has increased drasticaly over the years,im pretty sure this is a troll post,they finnaly bring back good pvp gearing and you complain?they reduce pve welfare drops and you complain its to much free loot now?many classes have been steadily becoming more complex over the years,minus some odd pruning,but most have been removing useless stuff anyways

hahahaha sure thing,try harder next time 2/10 for effort

What is this nonsense? Literally everything you wrote here is wrong, are you even trying?

Like even the top players agree that gearing is way too slow and too hard in the game right now. But it's too easy for you, somehow.

Log in > get 1400 > 207s handed to you on a plate, if your half decent at pvp 213s handed to you on a plate, if your really good well lets not even go there.
    99% of players have never stepped into any kind of rated pvp.

Random piece out of all possible m+ loot. Yeah, you're gonna get all bis loot like that very quickly. Dungeons themselves give sub-heroic-raid loot and do so very sparsely.

Takes like what, 2 weeks? For one socket? Have you even been in the maw? And then you upgrade your item and the socket is lost. There's literally no point in buying sockets until after you get your bis loot.

Please link your RIO page, I bet you haven't completed a single 15 in SL

only log in once a week? no problem blizzard has you covered, just do the covenent and you can have a full set of 197 free of charge.
    197 ilvl available for world content...end of the world. Items below normal raid ilvl. Also...no, it's not free of charge. Upgrading 1 item to 197 is like 1 week of grinding world quests.

Most people in my guild have never gotten loot from a world boss while doing it every week since release. For the leggo you have to farm the recipe and spend gold on crafting the base item, which a lot of people are complaining they can't evne afford.
    Armory Link
    Mount Collection

Everything wrong with gamers in one sentence:
    Quote Originally Posted by Cavox View Post
    I want Activision-Blizzard to burn, but for crimes against gaming, not because they got me too'd.

"you have a community FULL of casuals running around thinking they are something they arent"

You'll have a tough time changing a legion of casuals' ideas about themselves, but there's lots you can do to make your individual game harder. Instead of max/min strategy typical to top players, try min/max. Play the least powerful class with worst in slot gear. Or perhaps do the worst thing you can do, go after what's fun instead of most rewarding. Find the game within the game.

Quote Originally Posted by deenman View Post
    the overall skillcap of the playerbase has increased drasticaly over the years,im pretty sure this is a troll post,they finnaly bring back good pvp gearing and you complain?they reduce pve welfare drops and you complain its to much free loot now?many classes have been steadily becoming more complex over the years,minus some odd pruning,but most have been removing useless stuff anyways

hahahaha sure thing,try harder next time 2/10 for effort
    that gearlist that i wrote is free, without raiding.

How can you say all that free gear isnt wellfare? there is another post from a guy moaning he has nothing to do he logs in once a week he is 214.

then you have class balance, 50khp prot palas being top healer in arenas, thats balance is it?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by GhostSkull View Post
    "you have a community FULL of casuals running around thinking they are something they arent"

You'll have a tough time changing a legion of casuals' ideas about themselves, but there's lots you can do to make your individual game harder. Instead of max/min strategy typical to top players, try min/max. Play the least powerful class with worst in slot gear. Or perhaps do the worst thing you can do, go after what's fun instead of most rewarding. Find the game within the game.
    i like this bro. you understand my way of thinking and the point i make.

- - - Updated - - -

your top players, not the actual real top players, the real top players do what they need, real top players are 226 full equipped due to arena gear.

i was 215 in the 3rd week and i gave up when i realised just how bad the community had become. at least in bfa you could see the good players early. gradually getting pushed out by the strength of corruption playing its part in muddying the water. not in shadowlands, it was so free legit everyone who put a bit of effort in had gear that people are currently geared with from wellfare only.

If you're permanently unsubbing and have already made up your mind, why are you even bothering with this? What do you gain since you will never be back?
    Goodbye-Forever-MMO-Champ
    Quote Originally Posted by HighlordJohnstone View Post
    Alleria's whispers start climaxing

10+ Year Old Account
    Yet another pointless "I quit" whine thread, will be locked as hundreds of others.

Also, Blizz catering to the casual majority of the playerbase? Please tell me it isn't so.

10+ Year Old Account
    as opposed to before warlords of draenor when sockets were on nearly every piece of gear for free

Why did you feel obligated to tell us that ? Quit and that's it, no one really care to be honest

Quote Originally Posted by Pebrocks The Warlock View Post
    If you're permanently unsubbing and have already made up your mind, why are you even bothering with this? What do you gain since you will never be back?
    dagger to the hearts of the casuals that are under the illusion that they are good i suppose, there is some satisfaction in that. already seen a couple of them trying to defend there falsely inflated ego.

Im sad about it. i used to love this game, sucks that being good isnt enough anymore.

I played with cryptexclap the backend of last season, world 2 prot warr, didnt put a foot wrong in 5 keys, zero fail damage even carried some fails which he commented on "not sure how we survived that" your welcome! only for him to turn around and say at the end he prefers his healer to be vocal. for what?? i managed my mana so no mana breaks needed, bark was everywhere it needed to be, so me carrying fails, depleting zero keys and playing legit perfect on fail meter 5 keys wasnt enough, gotta be social too.

WORLD OF SOCIALCRAFT

games one big giant popularity contest.

THIS IS IF YOU DO NOT RAID!

right now to play with all this gear ive been given for free, lets talk about the rotation.........

convoke.

GOOD GAME GUYS. GOOD GAME

12 year player permanently unsubscribing, my god bfa was bad with corruption playing 60% of a players character for them when you consider azerite trinkets etc but this really takes the biscuit.

You have got 50khp tanks as the top healer in pvp.

I get what blizzard are doing, they are accommadating the main player base (casuals) but my lord i dont think they realise what they are unleashing, you have a community FULL of casuals running around thinking they are something they arent. i started to speak to some boomies when i lost in arena to see there mindset about it, would it be like bfa where all players hate it? nono, these guys actually think they are skilled because they can set up omnibar to track counters to there 1 button and they press there 1 button when there is no counter. such skill!

You go to m+15 you got these players that dont know where there interupt button is, if they knew what defensives they could use they wouldnt know where they would be most useful, whats the point? the game is full to the absolute brim of pretend gamers that dont know there backside from there elbow when it comes to maximising there toon, you just try and talk to them about what they can do to improve, no response, they think because they are top dps they are godmode.

seriously screw this game! hows classic tbc? never tried it.
    What the heck is this?
    - Most players will never get anywhere near the top PvP items. Not even the 207 ones. The poor balance makes it so that a few classes can farm a bit but that will be fixed.

- Most players will never get m+14 done and even then, it's one random item per week. You might litteraly get only rings. The dungeons drop nothing of value so thats likely to take you way into the next content patch before you get a ful set of gear. And again, very few players actually get anywhere near the keys that lets you get a random high level item.

- The insane amount of time it takes to get full sockets is just that, insane. I'm a mythic raider in a rather competitive guild (not in any WF race of course, not even close) and no one is even expected to grind that horror of a place. If you endured that much time in the Maw you deserve sockets on everything. It's pure nightmare and the most boring crap Blizzard has ever designed. Well, that and Torghast but they are in the same zone so I'll count them as one.

- 197 ilvl from covenents is already very low. It's the same catch up gear that WoW has had since, I guess Cata? It's worth very little at this point and getting it took quite a few weeks after all. Unless you start now but being stuck at like 170-180 would be horrible. You'd never get into any group, for anything.

Your post makes no sense. Getting good gear is actually way slower than it's been since probably TBC. The game has never felt this unrewarding and if anything, Blizzard needs to increase rewards across the board.

I'm going to be honest, I made an account after about 10 years of creeping in these forums to give my input on this post specifically.

I used to have an extremely similar mindset to you. I wanted my achievements to feel significant, not just a slightly higher tier than others, or a couple more hours of gameplay to get a marginally better piece of gear. However, as I older and out of School (high school and beyond) and got into a relationship (now marriage) I honestly am not able to devote the same amount of time to WoW as I did previously. I can play maybe a couple hours a day max, and in that time I cant do many things, maybe a dungeon or two, three if im lucky, a couple BGs. If I tried to do a full non-LFG raid I'd probably have to drop out halfway or make large sacrifices to either my sleep before work, or to my time with my spouse.

All that said, I still want to be able to see the content, because I still love the game, and I love the lore. I don't want to just read it, I want to get to experience it. I don't want to be leagues behind everyone else just because I cant run dungeons for 8 hours a day anymore.

Looking back, I wasn't happy playing the game because I was leaps and bounds ahead of others, it was because I was able to see the content and at a higher difficulty than others, showing some degree of either skill or time that I had over them. But trying to restrict the ability of others to enjoy the game just because you want to feel superior in a way where they can't see all the content or gain any meaningful advancements via gear, or dungeons/raids is just a douche move full stop.

I feel you brother. Gearing might be slow but still it is too easy to get. I just login every wednesday and get my 226 and Im not even raiding or doing mythic plus. Not saying Im not doing something for it when playing 3v3 above 2.2k but when people here say its harder than before i can just laugh. All you get in the game is basically for free you dont even need to play high tier.

People on mmo champ tend to wear their pink glasses thinking its not the case. You dont have to play that like you used to to be successful

But have YOU got a 1.8k+ Rating? Have YOU cleared a +15?

Funny how this thread comes right below a "Gearing is too slow" Thread.

Basically by asking players to simply.....be good enough.....im elitest. im not talking the key must be in time, im talking bring enough damage so if we play it clean its in time, why is that too much to ask? by joining a key that your damage is too low for you just waste your own and everyone elses time, now that is crappy, not the guy that tried is damndest to carry the party through all the fails.
    Majority of groups I look for and see in LFG is having this attitude. most are however polite about it, but still expects performance. Only groups that don't are the ones that post things like "for weekly" or "chill". But they are so far and few between.

Makes me think that you rages about peoples performance and think no one cares about the performance of others just because they don't appreciate the raging.. could be wrong though. Lots of rage players seems to confuse their raging for passion or skill however.
    Error 404 - Signature not found