Page 3 of 15 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    That's the point you unsub and stop playing until the next patch. No point getting gear that just going to be obsolete as soon as the next raid hits.

Why do you even want gear if you don't want to progress through Mythic...

This game is probably not for you.

I somehow agree with OP if you only have one char. While I truly enjoyed Thorgast I think it lacks any endgame progression when you're done with the legendaries you need. Same for Twisting corridors. No infinity mode means no leaderboard, which mean no actual reason to clear it outside of "speedrunning" but I'm not interested in that.

I hope they'll add a competitive mode for the tower or at least way more rewards. If it had half the rewards of island exploration, I would run it way more often.

Yes, there's a lot of stuff you can do in the game but most is just not worth it. Raids you have 3 pieces per 20 players, so a 1/7 chance to get loot. In progress you get probably no loot at all the first few weeks until you have the first 7 bosses on farm. M+ is similar with 2 pieces per 5 players if you time the run. So roughly 1 piece per 3 dungeons.

Mythic raid is worth it in the long run because at some point you have at least the first 4-5 bosses on farm and poeple can start trading items to you. M+ on the other hand isn't worth it in the long run. A +14/+15 only gives ilvl210 so loot from the end of run chest is worthless and all you're looking for are the items from the vault.

The most rewarding gearing process at the moment is PVP. You know roughly how long a game lasts and how much honor/conquest you get out from it. There's an instant reward after each game and over time you can buy the item for the slot you want. If you have an alt to catch up you better farm some arenas or bg for honor and get a full PVP set at ilvl197. After that PVE is faster because of the initial conquest cap but in the long run PVP takes over.

10+ Year Old Account
    Lvl a char in classic and try naxx, after all, classic isnt hard

Quote Originally Posted by BananaHandsB View Post
    There's lots to do, but if all you enjoy is M+, and refuse to do that idk why you'd keep playing. TBH it sounds like you don't really even enjoy M+. Time for a new game.
    Problem is, there is no reward for doing more than one.
    The drops are not good enough and there is not enough of them.

It's too much work for to little reward.

Or maybe the whole m+ system is bad? By that I mean just let us think about how m+-es started in legion. What was the promise, the gameplay, the reward for it, and how often did you get reward? Then BfA, and now. I think the premise and promise of m+ directly contradicts with raiding. Tyring to make both of them relevant and rewarding for different players is just asking for trouble. Especially when trying to tune raids and granting satisfaction from raids.
    But then of course lowering the drop rates from raids and every other sources made it worse.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jainzar View Post
    Is this really what Blizzard wants? For people to log in once a week?
    Blizzard understands that whatever form or level of min/max gearing you're doing is not the primary goal of most of their customers. What Blizzard wants is for people to experience as much of the game as they like. For most that's more than gearing per se.

That said, they are fine with you logging in once a week. I play just a couple of times a week myself. It's all good.
    "...money's most powerful ability is to allow bad people to continue doing bad things at the expense of those who don't have it."

Quote Originally Posted by GnomeEU View Post
    Yeah Gearing this expansion is so slow that I don't even bother with alts anymore.

The guys that play pvp are ahead with their ilvl.

Going 10 x random m+ is the worst chore you can do each week. Always someone is leaving or group is too weak. It's just annoying.

I finish the hc raid with my guild and then probably let my account run out.
    in pvp community we say guys who play pve are ahead...
    it was almost always like that - besides time when pvp gear had its own pvp stat, now they are trying to persuade us that versa is pvp stat.. meanwhile 80% of the m+ gear has versa in it xd

it is better to be average now, because if u spend too much time doing pvp/pve at high lvl u are behind because u could do both on avg lvl to get most benefits
    if u played for example only arenas at 2.4k for month u had 4 random vault items with 226 (could be necks, wrists and shit) + 1 item probably weaopn that u purchased for conquest cap
    meanwhile 1800 player who is like 10times worse than 2.4 has 220ilvl pieces + a lot of m+/raid gear because he did similar lvl in those
    so its like within a first month 2.4 player had like 200ilvl while 1800 player had 210+

its hard to say its better or worse now, back in the day u were full pvp gear and u had nothing for pve and vice versa
    now u can get decent gear for both doing both, i guess for medicore player its better, for polarised players its way worse, and guess whats the blizz policy, and which group of players is bigger, and who is more active on forums (avg is bigger, and polarised players are those more active because they put more interest in the game) - thats why we see a lot of hate and not much neutral opinions in the internet

I don't have the time for mythic raiding. And a lot of other people don't, either. I'm mainly a m+ player, but that's just not worth it AT ALL, loot wise.
    So you are a mythic+ player that only does mythic+ for gear? That might be the problem. Do it for fun and treat gear as something extra. Do you think people pushing +20s do it for gear?

This just shows the state of the game, you are logging in once a week yet you are as geared as someone that played 16 hours a day but doesnt raid. your basically just doing enough to collect your wellfare gear. as the old saying goes dont hate the player hate the game (i now do)

Game has turned into an absolute joke aimed primarily at casual players.

Quote Originally Posted by MoanaLisa View Post
    Blizzard understands that whatever form or level of min/max gearing you're doing is not the primary goal of most of their customers. What Blizzard wants is for people to experience as much of the game as they like. For most that's more than gearing per se.

That said, they are fine with you logging in once a week. I play just a couple of times a week myself. It's all good.
    This.

People playing the game just for gear are trapped in a carrot on a stick situation. Even admitting that they find XYZ activity boring and see it as a chore, but feel compelled to do it every week.

Currently I'm sitting at 214 ilvl, having cleared Castle Nathria 10/10 on heroic.

All I am doing right now is logging in once a week, doing a +14 key, and logging off. That's it. There's literally nothing else to do that is worth my time when it comes to gearing.

Clearing Nathria 10/10 to maybe get something that is replaced anyway by something from the chest eventually? Not worth it. At all. Loot drops are so rare that I got one single item that was useful in over 40 heroic boss kills.

Is this really what Blizzard wants? For people to log in once a week?
    There is content, you just don't seem interested in it.

It's not the game's nor Blizzard's problem.
    Armory Link
    Mount Collection

Everything wrong with gamers in one sentence:
    Quote Originally Posted by Cavox View Post
    I want Activision-Blizzard to burn, but for crimes against gaming, not because they got me too'd.

Quote Originally Posted by odamienskii View Post
    This just shows the state of the game, you are logging in once a week yet you are as geared as someone that played 16 hours a day but doesnt raid. your basically just doing enough to collect your wellfare gear. as the old saying goes dont hate the player hate the game (i now do)

Game has turned into an absolute joke aimed primarily at casual players.
    Time invested shouldn't be rewarded with a big advantage. Skill should be the factor.

Otherwise you would have no-lifers being the only people with gear.

>Game has turned into an absolute joke aimed primarily at casual players.

Wow was always for the vast majority of players, you might call them casual but it's really just regular players.
    The 5% on the cutting edge of gear never had much to do except gearing in logging off. If that's the game you like, fine, but there's so much more to WOW you are not interested in apparently but don't blame the game for not providing it as it does. YOU just focus on one bit of it and then complain that's all there is....

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    If in 10.0 or 11.0 you will wonder why the hell we went back to grinding some open world shit for player power after they nailed stuff in SL.. well just check posts like OP.

You need only 1 busy day to progress on your main character. It gives you more time to explore rest of game (PVP, achievements, collections, pet battles, old content, etc.). It gives you time to explore other classes, maybe some playstyle will be more fun. Finally it gives your opportunity to take short break every few days from WoW.

Having meaningful stuff to do on your main, especially after raid logging expansion, could be fun.. for month. We had last 2 expansions of that, 4.5 years. People were already SICK of that during BfA launch. Now you have choice between taking short break or doing completely different content. Both reduce burnout.

OP you are an addict. I think you need to reevaluate why you play this game.

Players wanted this. Playes complained about infinite grinds. I personally like it without that grind. I'm at 219 and now I just do mythic/hc raiding and pushing keys. Rest of my time is spent on Alts. I absolutely love that I finally can be "done" with my main in fairly short time and play more classes without feeling I could better spend that time on my main.
    Last edited by Kumorii; 2021-01-16 at 10:38 AM.
    Error 404 - Signature not found

Quote Originally Posted by Ragnarohk View Post
    Time invested shouldn't be rewarded with a big advantage. Skill should be the factor.

Otherwise you would have no-lifers being the only people with gear.
    it should be both, how you play your toon defines how good you are aswell as gear, class balance plays way too much of a part in how good a player is for a players skill to play any relivence unless they are playing one of the boosted classes which frankly i cant be bothered to reroll a shaman, monk or prot pala, i play a druid but i dont want to play the game just watching opponents counters to my 1 button, how the hell is that fun/skill. baiting out the counters hitting them with a silence then pressing 1 button gg. no thanks! i need more stimulation than that.

reroll a shaman healer and get instant invites to m+ because i can put down a totem. legit that is the reason why everyone in m+ is saying "nEED sHAMAN"

games a joke.

I don't have the time for mythic raiding. And a lot of other people don't, either. I'm mainly a m+ player, but that's just not worth it AT ALL, loot wise.
    Then isn't it good for you and isn't this enough of what you call "worthwhile"?
    You could be doing more keys to get more options, do maw for upgrading your conduits and get more sockets for future loot, level up alts for a different pace, pvp and get your rating up for loot - but here's the thing, you're not interested in all of this, nor do you have time for it. So what exactly would you expect? A game is a game - if you don't like to play it or don't have time to play it, it's not necessarily the game's fault, you're just looking for something else.