Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by baksheesh View Post
    please don't queue for higher keys unless you know all the mechanics/kicks/etc

thanks

If you want to improve, mythictrap is very useful

I just had a +10 halls where a hunter didn't know he had to stand in the red circle on first boss and got perma-feared, complaining in party chat the whole time
    I'd say don't queue for keys at all until you've done it on mythic 0 and seen all the mechanics. As said earlier some mechanics don't even exist on normal or heroic.
    The most difficult thing to do is accept that there is nothing wrong with things you don't like and accept that people can like things you don't.

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by TheRevenantHero View Post
    I don't typically lead groups. But boosters spend gold on getting carried which artificially raises their raider.io score. As for being "condescending", the only people who would think of it that way are people who look for any reason to kick people. The community is a train wreck in WoW now. I've seen people get kicked because they said "wait one sec".
    Given that I sell boosts I'm aware of how it works, but such a small number of players can afford to boost with the frequency required to inflate their RIO score to the point you could mistake it for anything but boosting. If you've got people in your group that are boosted the person leading didn't do their due diligence.

"Why was I the only one using interrupts?" is snarky and passive aggressive. It costs you literally nothing to just say "Hey guys we have to interrupt [mechanic]" instead and you don't end up annoying the group. You could have the best intentions but if you come across as condescending you're going to run into problems.
    AchaeaKoralin - Are you still out there? | Classic Priest

Quote Originally Posted by RoKPaNda View Post
    Given that I sell boosts I'm aware of how it works, but such a small number of players can afford to boost with the frequency required to inflate their RIO score to the point you could mistake it for anything but boosting. If you've got people in your group that are boosted the person leading didn't do their due diligence.

"Why was I the only one using interrupts?" is snarky and passive aggressive. It costs you literally nothing to just say "Hey guys we have to interrupt [mechanic]" instead and you don't end up annoying the group. You could have the best intentions but if you come across as condescending you're going to run into problems.
    Saying "Why was I the only using interrupts?" is NOT snarky and passive aggressive if I'm literally the only person interrupting. Because at that point it has become a legitimate question. If I've been the only one who is using interrupts then I'm going to ask why. And if people kick me for it, they're pretty toxic.

As for the group leader, the majority of people will see a person's score and rightfully assume they've done the dungeon before. All you're doing is trying to pass the blame off to other people rather than admit boosting harms legitimate mythic+ groups.

Quote Originally Posted by Zypherz View Post
    I'd say you're in the right right, but from experience it's better left saying such things after the run completes rather than during it. You're just gonna make them play worse or leave.
    Good, wastes less time IMO. If they can't handle criticism they should go browse reddit and begone.

- - - Updated - - -

I love people who need to sugarcoat things.

It is so funny how soft the wow community has gotten.

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Saying "Why was I the only using interrupts?" is NOT snarky and passive aggressive if I'm literally the only person interrupting. Because at that point it has become a legitimate question. If I've been the only one who is using interrupts then I'm going to ask why. And if people kick me for it, they're pretty toxic.

As for the group leader, the majority of people will see a person's score and rightfully assume they've done the dungeon before. All you're doing is trying to pass the blame off to other people rather than admit boosting harms legitimate mythic+ groups.
    No, I understand that people who are passive aggressive don't understand that they're being passive aggressive a lot of the time, but "Why am I the only one interrupting?" is passive aggressive as fuck. Twice now I've explained to you how you could have come across as NOT Toxic without costing you any more time than you already invested in being toxic and saving yourself the stress of getting upset over a dungeon with imaginary pixels in a video game that you're supposed to be having fun in.

Secondly I also understand that you don't understand how RIO works. The amount of people that could afford that much boosting that it's not painfully obvious at a quick glance that they've been boosted is amazingly small. If you're routinely getting people that you think are boosted in your group it's because the group leader isn't filtering people at all. Just inviting people with an ilevel that they think is good and not actually looking at RIO or anything.

Quote Originally Posted by ztkraptor View Post
    I love people who need to sugarcoat things.

It is so funny how soft the wow community has gotten.
    It's called interacting with other human beings.

SOFT...
    People are investing their time and money into something, be an adult and be responsible for yourself instead of having to be babied, then get upset when they tell you you suck.

No, I understand that people who are passive aggressive don't understand that they're being passive aggressive a lot of the time, but "Why am I the only one interrupting?" is passive aggressive as fuck. Twice now I've explained to you how you could have come across as NOT Toxic without costing you any more time than you already invested in being toxic and saving yourself the stress of getting upset over a dungeon with imaginary pixels in a video game that you're supposed to be having fun in.

Secondly I also understand that you don't understand how RIO works. The amount of people that could afford that much boosting that it's not painfully obvious at a quick glance that they've been boosted is amazingly small. If you're routinely getting people that you think are boosted in your group it's because the group leader isn't filtering people at all. Just inviting people with an ilevel that they think is good and not actually looking at RIO or anything.

You're really going to tell me what my intention was? Interesting you are accusing me of being passive aggressive and then get incredibly passive aggressive. You really have no authority to tell me what my intention was. So saying "people who are passive aggressive don't understand that they're being passive aggressive a lot of the time" is ridiculous. You're just continuing to try and justify people's toxic behavior. I'm not going to rephrase questions that are in no way passive aggressive.

You really can't say how small the chance is. You've been acting like you can speak for every single person's thought process or actions. The fact that there are plenty of people bringing up the same point I did about boosting in other threads shows YOU are the one that doesn't know what they're talking about. But as I said, it's clear you want to pass the blame since you're a booster and don't want to admit that boosting has made the WoW community toxic and insufferable because of how popular it's become.

15+ Year Old Account
    This entire timed stuff should just go away.
    I do it on high keys but meh not a fan.
    That is not dead which can eternal lie, and with strange Aeons even Death may die.

Quote Originally Posted by Fidisko View Post
    Helo,

Ive read many times that wow community is very toxic, but what does toxicity even mean?

For me Toxic players are the ones that are blaming everyone for failing and ruining player experience on purpose. ( leaving groups without purpose, be mean, blaming everyone and just cry)

Yesterday i went 2x Mythic +11, i did buy flask/food, have correct talents and know each boss and trash mechanics and i know my job not to fail the group.
    Because there are 4 more people who probably dont have all the time like me in the world and want to have things done. So its my responsibility for them as well to do as much as i can, not to fail.

And for me this is common sense. Now my experience from yesterday is that ppl didnt know tactics at all at the Other side Manastorm fight, me as a Healer deffused all the bombs, soak 2 crystals and they didnt stack on the Aoe from Malificient and im told them after wipe that im doing everything yet they have clearly no idea what to do here. DPS left and the group blamed me that he did because of me, because why am i even writing something?

its like are people really getting offended so easily? I did 150% job at the fight yet they did 50% so should i just be quiet and wipe?

Today same, 2/5 people had no idea what to do at +11, when i ask them why not read jornal before making/joining a group, im blamed that im taking the game really seriously and just "chill bruh". Ok i was quiet we wiped 5 times at one boss due to same mistakes, then i left.

For me, this is not toxicity but taking responsibily for your own actions and be responsible to the group members as well, and im not gonna carry someone else because he cant click dungeon journal and read 2 senteces. From my perspective they are toxic, they are ruining the group experience and blaming others attitude because they cannot admit they simply failed the boss,dungeon whatever and learn from it

What is your opinion?

Thanks
    Personally, I'd give you a 7/10 for toxicity, because (assuming everything you said is true) your comments weren't constructive at all and only seemed to be aimed at making them feel bad rather than helping the group, even if they're the ones failing. Pointing out that you're the only one doing all the mechanics doesn't really let them know what they're doing wrong, and you asking why they don't know the mechanics will never generate a response that will help the group at all. If they answered truthfully and said "because I'm a lazy bastard" or "I'm a bad player", what would that change? Nothing at all.

I'm not a fan of pugging, but whenever I run into a group where one or all in the group seem to not know something I know, depending on my mood, I'll either say nothing or explain calmly and respectfully what it is they don't seem to know. I have yet to see a player leave the group or insult me for pointing out mistakes.

10+ Year Old Account
    So I read the OP and it reminds me of some other thread in the forum where a guy was livid having some unreasonable expectations out of average level key PuGs.

It's really just that - unreasonable expectations. You expect a bunch of random people in PuGs and some mediocre, if not low, 11 key to be on spot with mechanics in expansion that has barely just launched?

I mean... come on? Guess what, pugs are shit and the best you can do is check RIO of team members before you start and their runs done and bail if it looks like they are over their heads. Luckily as a healer you should have no problem joining other pug.

Quote Originally Posted by Fidisko View Post
    Helo,

Ive read many times that wow community is very toxic, but what does toxicity even mean?

For me Toxic players are the ones that are blaming everyone for failing and ruining player experience on purpose. ( leaving groups without purpose, be mean, blaming everyone and just cry)

Yesterday i went 2x Mythic +11, i did buy flask/food, have correct talents and know each boss and trash mechanics and i know my job not to fail the group.
    Because there are 4 more people who probably dont have all the time like me in the world and want to have things done. So its my responsibility for them as well to do as much as i can, not to fail.

And for me this is common sense. Now my experience from yesterday is that ppl didnt know tactics at all at the Other side Manastorm fight, me as a Healer deffused all the bombs, soak 2 crystals and they didnt stack on the Aoe from Malificient and im told them after wipe that im doing everything yet they have clearly no idea what to do here. DPS left and the group blamed me that he did because of me, because why am i even writing something?

its like are people really getting offended so easily? I did 150% job at the fight yet they did 50% so should i just be quiet and wipe?

Today same, 2/5 people had no idea what to do at +11, when i ask them why not read jornal before making/joining a group, im blamed that im taking the game really seriously and just "chill bruh". Ok i was quiet we wiped 5 times at one boss due to same mistakes, then i left.

For me, this is not toxicity but taking responsibily for your own actions and be responsible to the group members as well, and im not gonna carry someone else because he cant click dungeon journal and read 2 senteces. From my perspective they are toxic, they are ruining the group experience and blaming others attitude because they cannot admit they simply failed the boss,dungeon whatever and learn from it

What is your opinion?

Thanks
    No you are not toxic. Anybody who doesn't bother to read for 5 min of their life at the max and fuck shit up for four people without feeling any remorse is the ones that are toxic.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Gaidax View Post
    So I read the OP and it reminds me of some other thread in the forum where a guy was livid having some unreasonable expectations out of average level key PuGs.

It's really just that - unreasonable expectations. You expect a bunch of random people in PuGs and some mediocre, if not low, 11 key to be on spot with mechanics in expansion that has barely just launched?

I mean... come on? Guess what, pugs are shit and the best you can do is check RIO of team members before you start and their runs done and bail if it looks like they are over their heads. Luckily as a healer you should have no problem joining other pug.
    Pugs are not the peak of quality when it comes to gaming content, so I agree what you say to a extent. But not being able to read a dungeon journal and applying to a +11, which is not hard by any means but you still need to have a basic idea what the fuck is going on, is the definition of an dumb jackass who lacks basic reading comprehension skills.

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    You're really going to tell me what my intention was? Interesting you are accusing me of being passive aggressive and then get incredibly passive aggressive. You really have no authority to tell me what my intention was. So saying "people who are passive aggressive don't understand that they're being passive aggressive a lot of the time" is ridiculous. You're just continuing to try and justify people's toxic behavior. I'm not going to rephrase questions that are in no way passive aggressive.

You really can't say how small the chance is. You've been acting like you can speak for every single person's thought process or actions. The fact that there are plenty of people bringing up the same point I did about boosting in other threads shows YOU are the one that doesn't know what they're talking about. But as I said, it's clear you want to pass the blame since you're a booster and don't want to admit that boosting has made the WoW community toxic and insufferable because of how popular it's become.
    I mean I'm telling you from a psychology perspective that passive aggressive people very often don't realize that they're being passive aggressive. As far as your intent, your intent doesn't matter. You could have the best intentions in the world but if you come across as an ass you're not going to get far.

Argumentum ad populum or appeal to majority is a logical fallacy. There being a lot of posts about X issue doesn't mean that X issue is actually an issue. Take titanforging for instance, for the first year+ of it being in the game people talked about hypothetical LFR players running around in full Mythic ilevel gear from only LFR and World Quests. We now know that never actually happened despite people in the community whining endlessly about it. It is painfully obvious who is boosting at just a quick glance, and tbh if you're doing groups for high keys and the group leader is too lazy to even glance at who they're inviting then you probably deserve to fail. Do you know how much a boost costs right now? Do you know how much boosting you'd have to do in order for it to not be obvious that you're boosted? lol.

SOFT...
    People are investing their time and money into something, be an adult and be responsible for yourself instead of having to be babied, then get upset when they tell you you suck.
    Said the people complaining about getting kicked when people who are investing their time and money into something don't want to babysit your attitude lol.

Said the people complaining about getting kicked when people who are investing their time and money into something don't want to babysit your attitude lol.
    I'm the one who dumps scrubs who think they can come into a 15 and get carried, the moment i see a pug(I rarely run with them anyway) trying to do something stupid, i kick them and we 4 man the rest.

I mean I'm telling you from a psychology perspective that passive aggressive people very often don't realize that they're being passive aggressive. As far as your intent, your intent doesn't matter. You could have the best intentions in the world but if you come across as an ass you're not going to get far.

Argumentum ad populum or appeal to majority is a logical fallacy. There being a lot of posts about X issue doesn't mean that X issue is actually an issue. Take titanforging for instance, for the first year+ of it being in the game people talked about hypothetical LFR players running around in full Mythic ilevel gear from only LFR and World Quests. We now know that never actually happened despite people in the community whining endlessly about it. It is painfully obvious who is boosting at just a quick glance, and tbh if you're doing groups for high keys and the group leader is too lazy to even glance at who they're inviting then you probably deserve to fail. Do you know how much a boost costs right now? Do you know how much boosting you'd have to do in order for it to not be obvious that you're boosted? lol.

So basically you're saying I have to coddle everyone and walk on eggshells when it comes to my speech to avoid getting kicked? Gtfoh. Also, as I said, there's other threads that prove you wrong. There are people who don't realize someone is boosted until their key gets bricked. All you're doing is trying to blame other people for bad groups instead of putting the blame where it belongs on boosters. People like you are literally why the pug community is horrendous.

- - - Updated - - -

I'm the one who dumps scrubs who think they can come into a 15 and get carried, the moment i see a pug(I rarely run with them anyway) trying to do something stupid, i kick them and we 4 man the rest.
    Don't bother. They're a booster so of course they refuse to acknowledge their mindset is toxic.

Don't bother. They're a booster so of course they refuse to acknowledge their mindset is toxic.
    I'm not a booster ROFL, I just have a group of people to play with who don't suck, something that was taken away from this game with the server merges and auto queue for things. Community. It doesn't exist because blizzard killed it.

I'm not a booster ROFL, I just have a group of people to play with who don't suck, something that was taken away from this game with the server merges and auto queue for things. Community. It doesn't exist because blizzard killed it.
    I was talking about the person you responded to.

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    So basically you're saying I have to coddle everyone and walk on eggshells when it comes to my speech to avoid getting kicked? Gtfoh. Also, as I said, there's other threads that prove you wrong. There are people who don't realize someone is boosted until their key gets bricked. All you're doing is trying to blame other people for bad groups instead of putting the blame where it belongs on boosters. People like you are literally why the pug community is horrendous.

- - - Updated - - -

No what I'm trying to tell you is that if you don't put in the effort to interact with people in a positive way, which costs you nothing btw, you don't get to complain when those people respond in kind and remove you from their groups. Seems pretty obvious.

Someone not understanding how the adequately form a group doesn't mean there is a problem with the game. Someone making a thread about a perceived problem doesn't make it real, case in point: This thread. There are millions of threads across the internet about the earth being flat as well. Does that make the earth flat?

It stopped existing in Classic after the first couple weeks too without server merges and auto queues. Wonder who we can blame there.

It stopped existing in Classic after the first couple weeks too without server merges and auto queues. Wonder who we can blame there.
    Seems alive and well to me, easy to get a group and do things, are you playing the same game?

No what I'm trying to tell you is that if you don't put in the effort to interact with people in a positive way, which costs you nothing btw, you don't get to complain when those people respond in kind and remove you from their groups. Seems pretty obvious.

Someone not understanding how the adequately form a group doesn't mean there is a problem with the game. Someone making a thread about a perceived problem doesn't make it real, case in point: This thread. There are millions of threads across the internet about the earth being flat as well. Does that make the earth flat?

Telling me that asking people why they weren't interrupting was me being negative is absolutely asinine. I asked a question. I shouldn't have to phrase it a certain way to avoid getting kicked. All you're doing is further showing how exceptionally toxic the community has become. People now need to walk on eggshells because even a straightforward question is apparently too much these days.

And once again, blaming people for somehow not knowing a person was boosted instead of blaming the booster that is creating players with no skill but high r.io scores is ridiculous. You're only willing to avoid blaming boosters because you are one.

"am i being toxic?"
    if you have to ask this, in most cases the answer is resounding YES