Page 6 of 15 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    The amount of fanboys in this thread is astonishing really. Why not just admit that the current gearing system sucks? You really can't get over yourself to admit that?

There would be a lot of ways to improve the current situation. You could increase ilvl from higher mythic keys, add rewards for completing 2 chest or 3 chest m+ runs, increase drop chance of items in the raid, add a currency system from m+ dungeons which you can use to buy items from a merchant etc. etc.

The current system is bad. That's a fact. Stop defending it.

Quote Originally Posted by Lolites View Post
    why so many people think loging only to do what you want (or what you need to do to achieve something) instead of playing 24/7 is a PROBLEM?
    isnt that kind of how you SHOULD treat the game, and basicaly all your hobbies/free time activities?

there is a lot of activities, if you dont like them or dont want the reward from them (or both) dont do them, thats actualy healthy attitude...
    Thats all fine and well. Until you try going to content your not prepared for and screwing over people who will be doing there part for a successful run only for YOU to let everyone down. For.me that's NOT ok

Quote Originally Posted by Gorsameth View Post
    You said the only reason to play M+ is the vault.
    If you enjoy mythics that is your reason to play. Because you enjoy doing them.

If you only like dungeons when they give gear your not doing it for fun, your doing it for gear.

And you can't really say M+ participation is down because the reward doesn't fit the effort when the weekly chest (now vault) not being tied to M+ exclusively is another possible huge contribution.
    I used to do a weekly M+ for the chest in Legion/BfA (before I quit) and now I haven't touched M+ for the last few weeks because I am happy enough with the amount of options I get from doing the raid.

Now is M+ participation being down a bad thing. It ties back into TF making M+ spam the best way to gear up, ahead of everything except maybe fast Mythic raid clears. Stopping the endless M+ spam hoping for gear procs was one of the aims of SL, and that would naturally lead to less people spamming M+.

Lastly, was he checking end of BfA vs start of Shadowlands? M+ is currently a lot harder then it was at the end of BfA. Another thing that naturally leads to less people doing M+.

- - - Updated - - -

A lot of gamers are addicted to the 'skinner box reward loop' as you call it. That feeling of getting a shiny is simple but powerful and all sorts of games stretching back a very long time have hooked into that. Heck most of the mobile market is powered entirely by that reward feeling.
    If you enjoy mythics that is your reason to play. Because you enjoy doing them.

If you only like dungeons when they give gear your not doing it for fun, your doing it for gear.
    With this logic we can just remove gear altogether.

The truth is that both gear and fun content matter. I thought doing challenge modes in pandaria was fun, but once i did them all on gold i stopped doing them because i had gotten the reward and i had done the content.

Rewarding players is a way to keep content relevant for longer periods of time.

And you can't really say M+ participation is down because the reward doesn't fit the effort when the weekly chest (now vault) not being tied to M+ exclusively is another possible huge contribution.
    You are doing 1, 4 or 10 m+ for the vault, not for the gear drops in the instance. This wouldnt be a huge problem if you where already geared(like in bfa). But the reason people arent doing it now is because its not worth it compared to pvp that just throws gear at ppl.

I used to do a weekly M+ for the chest in Legion/BfA (before I quit) and now I haven't touched M+ for the last few weeks because I am happy enough with the amount of options I get from doing the raid.
    Thats because you where already geared from m+/pvp then. The weekly vault reward is meant as a bonus reward when you are already geared from the regular content(or as a supplement to that). The options you get from raid are pretty bad compared to the ones you get from m+ or pvp btw. Unless you raid mythic

Now is M+ participation being down a bad thing. It ties back into TF making M+ spam the best way to gear up, ahead of everything except maybe fast Mythic raid clears. Stopping the endless M+ spam hoping for gear procs was one of the aims of SL, and that would naturally lead to less people spamming M+.
    Yes. Its a bad thing when its better to do pvp while gearing for pve, then it is to do pve. We arent talking about hoping for tf procs or corrupted gear here. Simply that ilvl/dropchance does not correlate with difficulty/hours spent.

Lastly, was he checking end of BfA vs start of Shadowlands? M+ is currently a lot harder then it was at the end of BfA. Another thing that naturally leads to less people doing M+.
    He is checking everything. And whats sad here isthat the number dropoff is absolutely insane. THe number of people who moved from m+ to pvp is ridiculous.

Quote Originally Posted by Jainzar View Post
    Currently I'm sitting at 214 ilvl, having cleared Castle Nathria 10/10 on heroic.

All I am doing right now is logging in once a week, doing a +14 key, and logging off. That's it. There's literally nothing else to do that is worth my time when it comes to gearing.

Clearing Nathria 10/10 to maybe get something that is replaced anyway by something from the chest eventually? Not worth it. At all. Loot drops are so rare that I got one single item that was useful in over 40 heroic boss kills.

Is this really what Blizzard wants? For people to log in once a week?
    Yeah this is what people have asked for? People loved mop wich was nothing more then log in for half a day do your stuff and log out again.

The amount of fanboys in this thread is astonishing really. Why not just admit that the current gearing system sucks? You really can't get over yourself to admit that?.
    "i have to make thread about how i do not enjoy the game... you disagree? GET OVER YOURSELF!!" someone here needs massive ego check...

this might strike you as odd but, people dont defend the system bcs they are fanboys but bcs they actualy like it... i got that you dont like it, but thats YOUR ego problem, not ours... youdont like the game? dont play it, simple as that

Guess we can all agree this game ain't worth 12,99 or 13,99 a month anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by Hobbselle View Post
    nope, we cant

but if you feel like it you should definitely quit

I don't have the time for mythic raiding.
    All I am doing right now is logging in once a week
    Anyone else see the problem/solution here or just me?
    Sounds like you have plenty of time.

Last time I thought it wasn't worth it I quit. Once in TBC and once in WotLK, end of Legion and end of Bfa. I suggest anyone who feels it isn't worth it stop wasting money on it.
    Error 404 - Signature not found

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't have the time for mythic raiding. And a lot of other people don't, either. I'm mainly a m+ player, but that's just not worth it AT ALL, loot wise.
    Dont blame Blizzard, Blame urself!
    Quote Originally Posted by Shekora View Post
    Goddamn it, Gimlix, why do you keep making these threads?
    Quote Originally Posted by Sam the Wiser View Post
    Goddamn it, Gimlix, why do you keep making these threads?

Clearing Nathria 10/10 to maybe get something that is replaced anyway by something from the chest eventually? Not worth it. At all. Loot drops are so rare that I got one single item that was useful in over 40 heroic boss kills.

Basically the only things that are worth is pvp (conquest cap and getting 1600-1800 rating which is possible as a casual if you play a spec that is currently OP, otherwise good luck) and weekly vault chest. Torghast if you still need to upgrade leggo. Basically roll a class that is broken in pvp and you have 0 reason to step in a raid / m+ at all. Gives lower loot and more rarely. So what's the point.

There was recently an interview with Limit, world top mythic raiding guild, and when asked how did they get ilvl... do you think it was split runs? Nope! Arenas and BOEs.

Raiding already became semi worthless in BFA when Blizz removed tier sets, but now it's outright a joke. With the current drop rates, you have around 20% chance to clear a raid and get nothing at all. The remaining 80% chance you will get an item, but who said it's any item that is useful to you? It could be on a wrong slot, or with wrong stats... While in pvp you get guaranteed item for the slot of your choice. You can prio a weapon, or trinket, or anything of "high value".

If Blizzard "wanted to slow down gearing" they friggin' forgot about pvp that shits items out of extremely high ilvl in comparison to pve of equal difficulty / time commitment. Not even mentioning how imbalanced arenas are and some classes can just mongo their way to 1600 easily and possibly even 1800 as long as they make a good arena comp. Blizzard always says "we don't balance around 2v2" but yet it gives rewards and you can get 2 stealthers who can 1-shot a person in 1 stun, you can get double ret who can bubble and 3-shot a person with cds up, not even mentioning crap like triple night fae 3v3 and everyone has a goddamn pod, so basically 2 health bars, because his team mates can cc you and heal the pod so even if you want, you can't kill it.

And then you have RBGs where my guild apparently wasn't even dropping rating for a loss until 1900. Only now they start complaining "oh, we only gained 30 rating today" while having 57% winrate so barely above half. Only now they started facing people who know how to cc, how to focus targets, how to interrupt objectives, before they would face 1 difficult team for every 2-3 pleb pugs and gain easy rating.

So yeah, if your glory days were in TBC where you could mongo arena with an arms warrior macestun spec to a gear set equal to top tier raiding, this is your expansion to relive the nostalgia.

If you're playing this game for gear as your end goal you're playing the wrong game. Gear is a tool not the purpose.

Quote Originally Posted by Lolites View Post
    nope, we cant

but if you feel like it you should definitely quit
    ok np. if you feel like paying money for it go on.

Quote Originally Posted by ClassicPeon View Post
    You are doing 1, 4 or 10 m+ for the vault, not for the gear drops in the instance. This wouldnt be a huge problem if you where already geared(like in bfa). But the reason people arent doing it now is because its not worth it compared to pvp that just throws gear at ppl.
    Feels like we are making progress here.

So the problem is that PvP gives to much gear.
    Agreed. Even being unranked PvP is an easy source for 200 ilvl loot and getting a bit of rating to upgrade that is not hard, tho something more people probably are not doing since that requires organised groups.

Its a result of Blizzard trying to enable PvP'ers to enjoy PvP without having to do PvE (even tho that isn't the case, doing both is better) but not wanting to go back to the days of a PvP only stat making PvP gear useless and PvE and vice versa.

The problem with Making M+ give gear like PvP currently does is that you run right back into the BfA/Legion problem of raids not being rewarding enough despite being more significantly more effort.

I don't think there is an easy solution to the current PvE/PvP gearing issue without separating the 2 entirely with a PvP stat (like resilience).

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Marrilaife View Post
    Basically the only things that are worth is pvp (conquest cap and getting 1600-1800 rating which is possible as a casual if you play a spec that is currently OP, otherwise good luck) and weekly vault chest. Torghast if you still need to upgrade leggo. Basically roll a class that is broken in pvp and you have 0 reason to step in a raid / m+ at all. Gives lower loot and more rarely. So what's the point.
    The point to playing is to have fun. Why do you play video games?
    And PvP gearing being broken doesn't stop me from having fun doing raids.
    If some other activity being 'better' stops you from having fun doing what you enjoy then you should take time to look at what your doing and why your doing it because your lying to yourself somewhere along the way.
    It ignores such insignificant forces as time, entropy, and death

it's what people wanted , time to take a break...or replay the same stuff everyday.

i smell a hidden agenda in your post. you want 226s drop from the end chest in high m+ keys right?

how high a key do you propose should drop 226s? and do you think that the 226s would be infinitely grindable, so we could technically be fully decked in 226s week one?

When they gave you things to do people said it was to much now they go back to what it was and its not worth it some 10/10 logic.

I love reading topics like that, cry babies from WoW’s forums xD

Nobody care that you are not enjoying the game, how many times you log in, that you are leaving, cancelling sub etc.

N O B O D Y

Just quit and do something else, this is better than 9gag xD

The amount of fanboys in this thread is astonishing really. Why not just admit that the current gearing system sucks? You really can't get over yourself to admit that?

There would be a lot of ways to improve the current situation. You could increase ilvl from higher mythic keys, add rewards for completing 2 chest or 3 chest m+ runs, increase drop chance of items in the raid, add a currency system from m+ dungeons which you can use to buy items from a merchant etc. etc.

The current system is bad. That's a fact. Stop defending it.
    You don't agree with me you are a stupid fanboy you apply the same kind of logic Trump and his goons do but hey you do you.

Currently I'm sitting at 214 ilvl, having cleared Castle Nathria 10/10 on heroic.

All I am doing right now is logging in once a week, doing a +14 key, and logging off. That's it. There's literally nothing else to do that is worth my time when it comes to gearing.

Honestly it sounds like you don't really enjoy the game if you only care about what is worth doing loot wise.

Example: I enjoy Torghast quite alot and am still doing it after having my leggo at full power (I only have one worth it for me as enhance).
    Moreso Twisting Corridors is fun!

Now don't get me wrong I like loot, I like it alot but it's not the primary driver. It enables me to do content easier for sure and it's a reward. But if thats ALL you see then...maybe it's you know, time to take a break.
    "DIE, INSECT!" - words to live by