Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Ragnarohk View Post
    Honestly I think the ammount of CC/Interrupts should be toned down.

It's horrible to enter an arena as a healer just to be chained CCd/Silenced to death. You have 0 control over your character. You are basically just removed from the game.

And don't even use the "lolz learn to play" argument. The avarage player will encounter this issue and it's just demotivating to continue when you have 0 control. Sure, you can trinket out of a stun, just to be silenced before you get to cast your first heal...

It might have been balanced when there were more snares/slows/disarms. But currently melee has so much mobility and they just glue themselves to ranged and lock them down.
    I don't know I've been loving healing this expansion. There's a decent amount of CC but a lot of it is avoidable for most healers. Plus arenas are supposed to be about your team, so as long as your teammates are paying attention they can help you avoid CC too.

And the rest of the pace of the game feels really good as a healer, not 20 minute dampening games but you have time to actually use your abilities in an impactful way. Honestly feel like the game is in a really good spot atm.

Quote Originally Posted by Shorteh View Post
    Guess you've not played this season, healers do everything not to cast (or minimize casting) because 1 interrupt = somebody dies or a major cd has to be popped to live.
    I certainly haven't played 400+ games this season, nope. Not at all.

Also go and watch someone like Hydra, or Mehh, or Drainer, or Zenlyn, or... I could name a lot of R1 healers. Your comment is 100% false. Zen, for instance, barely stops casting.

Lots of people in this thread need to learn how to git gud, quite honestly. Half these arguments are how you get hardstuck 1500 lol. Personally, as a healer main, I'm glad interrupts actually matter now. In BFA I could get triple interrupted and still probably be over 50% hp.
    Last edited by Ryzeth; 2021-01-16 at 05:57 PM.

PvP is garbage if you are not a melee mongoloid.
    As a caster you just tranwrecked/interrupted/stunned most of the time.
    Also don't forget that old as hell bullshit of melees running through your model last moment so you are also constantly fucked with "target should be in front of you".
    If I wanted to NOT play the game I would just afk in Oribos, thank you very much.

Quote Originally Posted by Pury View Post
    PvP is garbage if you are not a melee mongoloid.
    As a caster you just tranwrecked/interrupted/stunned most of the time.
    Also don't forget that old as hell bullshit of melees running through your model last moment so you are also constantly fucked with "target should be in front of you".
    If I wanted to NOT play the game I would just afk in Oribos, thank you very much.
    Leaderboards conflict with this sentiment pretty strongly. There's quite a lot of very high-rated casters right now in both brackets, on both NA and EU.

Actually, your idea might be great. A dr that caps at say 25% interrupt duration (so if you're chain interrupted, its practically not worth it unless its a long cast like chaos bolt).

Yes, juking casts is possible, but the mindgames can take so much time its often better to just bait an early interrupt.

It might require some rebalancing of certain casters. I'm not saying we should just slap this change. Its a new expansion redesign material. But its worth consdiering.

The actual experience of playing caster in pvp needs looking into. Not all of us will be in double caster teams that can free up the other teamate. And there's always 1 v 1s in bgs.

Its a base part of caster experience that might be, broadly speaking, "balanced", but can stay balanced while being more fun.

Edit: im talking dps casters here btw. Healers are in a pretty decent place where they often have tools when they cant cast, they can find time to cast, and generally my experience healing in arenas and bgs is that i get to play. Could even keep the current interrupt system for healers. Its dps casters which *feel* locked down (even when its balanced).
    Last edited by Amariw; 2021-01-16 at 06:21 PM.

Dreadlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Biomega View Post
    Because a spell like Convoke the Spirits exists, which if you don't interrupt it will basically kill you instantly.
    This is getting really old. Convoke is on a 2 min cooldown. Meanwhile sub rogues can kill you in a stun every 20 seconds if weak defenses and 1 minute if strong. I just saw a 45k Prot paladin die 1 second before Kidney shot ended in a Sub rogue opener

Quote Originally Posted by Locruid View Post
    This is getting really old. Convoke is on a 2 min cooldown. Meanwhile sub rogues can kill you in a stun every 20 seconds if weak defenses and 1 minute if strong. I just saw a 45k Prot paladin die 1 second before Kidney shot ended in a Sub rogue opener
    Other bullshit stuff existing does not invalidate Convoke.

If it slips through it ends matches, and this happens even at the 3,000+ rating level.

Quote Originally Posted by Ryzeth View Post
    I certainly haven't played 400+ games this season, nope. Not at all.

Also go and watch someone like Hydra, or Mehh, or Drainer, or Zenlyn, or... I could name a lot of R1 healers. Your comment is 100% false. Zen, for instance, barely stops casting.

Lots of people in this thread need to learn how to git gud, quite honestly. Half these arguments are how you get hardstuck 1500 lol. Personally, as a healer main, I'm glad interrupts actually matter now. In BFA I could get triple interrupted and still probably be over 50% hp.
    You must be retarded if you still think this thread got anything to do with how strong casters are

Quote Originally Posted by Enclave View Post
    You must be retarded if you still think this thread got anything to do with how strong casters are
    Especially since this entire obsessive focus on what the top 300 players in the entire world do is about the worst way to balance anything, because they will excel even with poorly tuned classes and imbalance.

You can hand one of those players the worst classes and they will still body 95% of the other players.

Because they are the top 300.

Or, get this... I'm replying to others in the thread, and not your moronic thread.

You must be retarded, if you think every single reply in this thread is directed specifically at you.

Quote Originally Posted by Kagthul View Post
    Especially since this entire obsessive focus on what the top 300 players in the entire world do is about the worst way to balance anything, because they will excel even with poorly tuned classes and imbalance.

You can hand one of those players the worst classes and they will still body 95% of the other players.

Because they are the top 300.
    It's a pretty solid way to get a feel for what's actually too strong, and what is just people complaining because they're bad.

DR on interrupts already exists in PVE, so I am actually kind of surprised it's not a part of PVP, I have to agree with this one.

I know casters will need some nerfs if they add it but why not do it? it would make the game infinitely more fun for casters
    ATM when i play my shadow priest vs melee cleaves its just not fun between all the interrupts and stuns i cast maybe 20% of the time
    Consider that you have the advantage of ranged attacks to make up for it.
    It's no more annoying than getting rooted for the umpteenth time, but that's pvp for ya.

Think of melees like blenders, and you've got a gun.
    If you can shoot the blender from a range you win, if your face is sucked into the blender you lose.
    Last edited by loras; 2021-01-17 at 01:38 AM.
    This is a signature of an ailing giant, boundless in pride, wit and strength.
    Yet also as humble as health and humor permit.

Furthermore, I consider that Carthage Slam must be destroyed.

Quote Originally Posted by loras View Post
    Consider that you have the advantage of ranged attacks to make up for it.
    It's no more annoying than getting rooted for the umpteenth time, but that's pvp for ya.

Think of melees like blenders, and you've got a gun.
    If you can shoot the blender from a range you win, if your face is sucked into the blender you lose.
    Roots have DR and most melees have close to 100% uptime on anyone unless they're hard cced

I think interrupts should behave like every other CC in the game (DRs, trinketable). Possibly the DR refresh period could be short, so that a single person interrupting on cooldown won't hit it, because that's not really the problem. The problem is when you have 2 people interrupting you, where if you fail to fake cast, you do nothing, and if you succeed, you just get stunned. I really like playing 2v2 as a caster against warlock + resto shaman. It's so fun having to cast around spell lock (actually 2 of them), wind shear, grounding and nether ward, in addition to normal CC.
    It seems like everyone in this thread is focusing on casters that can deal a lot of damage with just instants, and can actually kite. Like mages. Not every caster is like this. And even on mages, the outlier, melees can still get a decent uptime now.

Quote Originally Posted by Noctiphobia View Post
    I think interrupts should behave like every other CC in the game (DRs, trinketable). Possibly the DR refresh period could be short, so that a single person interrupting on cooldown won't hit it, because that's not really the problem. The problem is when you have 2 people interrupting you, where if you fail to fake cast, you do nothing, and if you succeed, you just get stunned. I really like playing 2v2 as a caster against warlock + resto shaman. It's so fun having to cast around spell lock (actually 2 of them), wind shear, grounding and nether ward, in addition to normal CC.
    It seems like everyone in this thread is focusing on casters that can deal a lot of damage with just instants, and can actually kite. Like mages. Not every caster is like this. And even on mages, the outlier, melees can still get a decent uptime now.
    That's the biggest problem, I fake both kicks then I just get chain stunned until kick is off cd
    Casters became instant machines because of how many ways there is to stop casting
    It's gotten to a point where blizzard gives every caster shit ton of instant dmg instead of addressing the real issue which is there is too many ways to stop casts

10+ Year Old Account
    In PvP, interupts were more balanced when almost every spec(Except Elemental Shamans) had access to EVERY spell of their class. So if you were interupted with your Fire spell, you could cast Frostbolt, Arcane Missles, ect and still do damage, just not as much.

Of course, now pretty much everyone has only a single school except Mages, and even then Frostbolt barely even tickles. So if you interupt a Shadowpriest, they can't go and cast Smite or Heal. If you interupt a Holy Priest, they can't go and cast Mind Blast or Mind Flay. On the other hand, for multi-school casters, like Boomkin (Nature, Arcane, AND Astral), you can't stop them from casting with an interupt, only from healing (And you can't interupt Starsurge at all unless thy picked up the Moon spell or Stellar Flare). Similar case for Disc Priests - If you interupt Shadow Mend, they cast Penance and PW:S. If you interupt Penance they just cast Shadowmend and Schism.

Overall, Blizzard should go ahead and continue the unpruning and add back spells that previously any spec could use but was only max damage for 1 spec. So what if an affliction specced Lock spams incinerate? Kick em from PvE, and laugh as you stomp em in PvP. So what if you have a Frost specced mage spamming Arcane Missles? Bring back ALL the spells for ALL the specs, and then tune the various specs around whatever rotation you want them with ranks 2-5 of said spells along with that passive tuning knob all classes have (The one that makes Rejuvenation on my feral heal for nearly 2x more then Rejuvenation on my Resto druid)
    Quote Originally Posted by Moounter View Post
    I think your problem is a lack of intellect.

Quote Originally Posted by lolskillzz View Post
    spriests have quite a number of instant casts too, who remembers when casters actually had to...wait for it....STAND STILL AND CAST.
    Yes. Let's go back to that. Also no death grip, charge only out of combat. No heroic leap. No shadow step. None horsey, no fel rush. No harpoon, no grappling hook. No feral leap.

You see why you are making a stupid point yet?

Fake casting is just a gambling self interrupt. Which can either hurt you or be to your advantage. No amount of skill guarantees the success though.
    Error 404 - Signature not found

What are you on about with "100% melee uptime"? On a braindead class with all the tools in the world like sub - maybe. On a spec that's been constantly kept down for the last 3 years, like FDK - good fucking luck laying a finger on mage (unless the mage is a complete idiot an blinks into a wall or smth).

Quote Originally Posted by Draylock View Post
    What are you on about with "100% melee uptime"? On a braindead class with all the tools in the world like sub - maybe. On a spec that's been constantly kept down for the last 3 years, like FDK - good fucking luck laying a finger on mage (unless the mage is a complete idiot an blinks into a wall or smth).
    Good cherry picking bro, you picked the most mobile caster vs least mobile melee
    Not to mention that when Frost DK is paired with a warrior (which they almost always do), mage has to waste all his mobility to escape the warrior, he cant kite both at same time