Quote Originally Posted by Breccia View Post
    Actually I'm moderately sure they've done both of those. They have an LLC down there or something.
    Probably. The interesting part is that since Chapter 11 filing is considered public record, it will be open to anybody who want to review NRA finances.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rasulis View Post
    Probably. The interesting part is that since Chapter 11 filing is considered public record, it will be open to anybody who want to review NRA finances.
    Yeah, that's going to be a fairly big thing in this instance. Court documents, including the repayment plan and the list of creditors, are public record, I believe.

- - - Updated - - -

Again, you're making it sound like the NRA has an instant "I win" button that always works, and they're claiming they're “in its strongest financial condition in years.”
    Additionally, corporate bankruptcy doesn't really much take into account your expected income, unlike personal bankruptcy. The courts have to see that you're expecting to have enough income to actually complete the plans you make, but raising money has never been particularly hard for the NRA. The NRA could even conceivably pay off all their creditors in short order and still be able to operate, though probably not at full capacity for a while.

Or the NRA could simply be exaggerating with the "strongest financial condition in years" statement.

"The difference between stupidity
    and genius is that genius has its limits."

--Alexandre Dumas-fils

I wonder if anyone's going to start looking at whether Rasmussen polling is wholly legitimate. They released more polls this weekend and according to Rasmussen... Trump's gained a point over this time in December. For the past four years, Rasmussen's polls have always defied popular sentiment and even other conservative polls, but this last week has showcased their strangest takes yet - all other conservative pollsters are showing Trump nudging out Nixon for unpopularity. If their polling is giving genuine results from some sample, maybe whatever population it is that they're sampling should be studied, because they're some goofy people.

Obviously Trump still has supporters, but there's no way he's kept them all over the past few months.

Quote Originally Posted by Grapemask View Post
    because they're some goofy people.
    We call them Trump supporters, and goofy is the understatement of the century.
    It ignores such insignificant forces as time, entropy, and death

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by PhaelixWW View Post
    Or the NRA could simply be exaggerating with the "strongest financial condition in years" statement.
    Yeah, I think everyone here agrees on that part.

- - - Updated - - -

I wonder if anyone's going to start looking at whether Rasmussen polling is wholly legitimate.
    Their results are often called into question. Land lines? Adjusting by party identification? Their "likely voter" filter? Take your pick. Even if their results were both accurate and legitimate, the fact that they're off from everyone else literally by "do you approve of the riots", it no longer matters. They're a joke.

I wonder if anyone's going to start looking at whether Rasmussen polling is wholly legitimate. They released more polls this weekend and according to Rasmussen... Trump's gained a point over this time in December. For the past four years, Rasmussen's polls have always defied popular sentiment and even other conservative polls, but this last week has showcased their strangest takes yet - all other conservative pollsters are showing Trump nudging out Nixon for unpopularity. If their polling is giving genuine results from some sample, maybe whatever population it is that they're sampling should be studied, because they're some goofy people.
    No real polling aggregate takes their raw numbers seriously and no real media outlet outside of the few crazies do either.
    They are almost always adjusted for their heavy lean on #'s and the fact they mostly go after landlines.
    Buh Byeeeeeeeeeeee !!

Felt like this can go here because the coronavirus fuck up is one of if not the worst fuck up by the Trump administration and Rand Paul is only helping the Trump administration fuck it up by being the ignorant dumb piece of shit he has always been.

https://www.yahoo.com/news/live-poli...162458750.html

Sen. Rand Paul contradicted the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention and told people during a FOX News interview on Friday to discard their masks once they have been vaccinated against COVID-19 or have been infected with the coronavirus.

"If you’ve had the disease or you’ve been vaccinated and you’re several weeks out of your second dose, throw your mask away and tell Dr. Fauci to take a leap because, once you have immunity, you don’t need to do this," the Kentucky Republican told Fox News host Lauren Ingram.

The CDC says "not enough information is currently available" to lift its recommendations that people wear masks and practice social distancing after getting the vaccine.

"Experts need to understand more about the protection that COVID-19 vaccines provide in real-world conditions before making that decision. Other factors, including how many people get vaccinated and how the virus is spreading in communities, will also affect this decision," the CDC says.

"Masks and social distancing will need to continue into the foreseeable future — until we have some level of herd immunity. Masks and distancing are here to stay," Dr. Preeti Malani, the chief health officer at the University of Michigan, told PBS.

Malani also said that no vaccine is immediately effective. It takes roughly two weeks before an immune system to make the antibodies necessary to block the infections.

Experts also aren’t sure whether the COVID-19 vaccines prevent people from spreading the virus. As of right now, the vaccines are only known to prevent people from getting sick. Until experts can determine that, the safest thing is to keep wearing masks, according to Dr. Tom Frieden, a former CDC director.

Some on social media criticized Paul for his comments.

"With this ludicrous statement, Rand Paul presents more compelling personal evidence that he remains a very ignorant, dangerous, and misguided individual," tweeted former CIA Director John Brennan. "Unfortunately, we have far too many of them within our midst and within our government as of late."
    It is amazing how much Kentucky fucks over this country by voting for the worst pair of senators America has probably ever had.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by pathora44 View Post
    It is amazing how much Kentucky fucks over this country by voting for the worst pair of senators America has probably ever had.
    Let's pretend every word Paul said was true.

Wouldn't people still freak out when they see a maskless person enter? I mean I can say "I've been vaccinated" right now. It's not true, but I can say it.

Let's pretend every word Paul said was true.

Wouldn't people still freak out when they see a maskless person enter? I mean I can say "I've been vaccinated" right now. It's not true, but I can say it.
    I can mean we could pretend that but I can also pretend that shit don't stink but it doesn't mean it doesn't.

Quote Originally Posted by YUPPIE View Post
    With everything that happened, it's said Biden is going to further be encouraged to systematically tear down everything and anything Trump did "in the name of America" since anything associated with Donald Trump for now is synonymous with terrorism. But I think he should not undo Trump's policies with Taiwan and going against the CCP.

Trump was the most pro-Taiwan president ever seen and the only one that never cowed to China and did something, whatever you make of it. Clinton condemned China, lectured on human rights. Threatened to cancel most favored nation trading status, but does not. Bush - same as above Obama - same as above. Even if it's for the wrong reasons, Trump actually went farther and went on a full-blown trade war with a 25% tariff on all Chinese goods, which placed a great strain on their manufacturing sector. It also emboldened Xi Jinping to become more of an openly insane tyrant and escalating a shit ton of tensions worldwide against China's regime.

From what I've seen as well, in his last days, he is putting more and more sanctions on them over the genocide and torture in Xianjiang, increasingly pissing of the CCP. It puts Joe in a dilemma because if he just sweeps all this out the door, it would be very unflattering to Americans with the nationalist Anti-China sentiments going on now over COVID.
    Trump didn't do anything in the name of America, Trump did only things to enrich himself.

Quote Originally Posted by Kathranis View Post
    If Trump wanted pardons maybe he shouldn't have burned so many bridges.

The world is crashing down on him.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by dextersmith View Post

The world is crashing down on him.
    Good.

I'm cynically hopeful that these challenges will lead to barring him because, despite Florida's Governor being a Trump sycophant, it seems that a lot of rich people don't want Trump living there.

And furthermore, I'd have to think the number of law firms still willing to represent Trump is pretty small.
    “Do not lose time on daily trivialities. Do not dwell on petty detail. For all of these things melt away and drift apart within the obscure traffic of time. Live well and live broadly. You are alive and living now. Now is the envy of all of the dead.” ~ Emily3, World of Tomorrow
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.

10+ Year Old Account
    The best thing about this deep state nonsense is that the people saying it exists and that Trump is doing all this stupid bullshit to fight it... are really only making the "deep state" look pretty good.
    “Do not lose time on daily trivialities. Do not dwell on petty detail. For all of these things melt away and drift apart within the obscure traffic of time. Live well and live broadly. You are alive and living now. Now is the envy of all of the dead.” ~ Emily3, World of Tomorrow
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.

10+ Year Old Account
    Long live the deep state!!!
    I've been keeping an eye on that. They trickled it in over the weeks from "we might not be done in time" to "we won't be done till March" till "ah fuck it, Biden will kill it before we could finish".

One of the biggest weaknesses of relying on the E.O. is that they can be undone. However, if you use them too late, meaning (like this example) they aren't complete before reversed, well, it's an objective failure.

McConnell has apparently given Republican senators permission to vote against the party and with their conscience (hah) in the upcoming impeachment trial.

Quote Originally Posted by Corvus View Post
    McConnell has apparently given Republican senators permission to vote against the party and with their conscience (hah) in the upcoming impeachment trial.
    When McConnell is the voice of reason in your party at the last minute, you know your party turned to shit.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Corvus View Post
    They have permission to do their jobs and fulfill their role as defined in the constitution, what a generous guy.
    /s

(serious) a bit late, but why did a hardcore republican like Arnold Schwarzenegger publicly denounce and dehumanize Trump a week ago?