Page 18 of 21 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Wilfire View Post
    Ion thinks that providing poor balance year after year after year is gucci. The only way to beat Ion is with your wallet.

I want an expansion where "good balance" is a feature instead of Torghast or Islands.
    This has nothing to do with Blizzard balance there will always be a meta thats best for MDI or high keys and the normal donkeys will demand that a +6 will use the same setup.

Quote Originally Posted by Alatie View Post
    This has nothing to do with Blizzard balance there will always be a meta thats best for MDI or high keys and the normal donkeys will demand that a +6 will use the same setup.
    And they would be right to do so.

The same thing that makes these specs good in MDI makes them good in any key level.

Quote Originally Posted by ydraw View Post

The same thing that makes these specs good in MDI makes them good in any key level.
    No, it doesn't. This is just the sort of ignorant bullshit that makes the game shit. You need specific things at higher keys you don't need at lower ones, but muppets parrot meta and think it applies everywhere.

As usual it's the min-maxers and meta slaves that turn everything they touch to shit by devolving everything.

Ur right just blindly copy something with 0 understanding of why its good always works thats why ill be winning TI this year because i will blindly copy everything true story.

People running +6 keys aren't able to pull off the strats you needed to do the Atal-in-10-minutes run that Method managed last expansion. They therefore don't need (and arguably can't use or gain anywhere near the benefit they think they can get) the same setups that are used in the MDI.

Unholy DK ranged from "kind of OK, they're decent enough I suppose" to "god mode with a /killall button" in BFA. Depended entirely on how good the tank and the party were at pulling and CC'ing. If you couldn't feed them enough mobs, they weren't spectacularly better than anybody else.

I'm a good player. Server 1st raider good. I've never had any complaints about my ability in a dungeon.

One day towards the beginning of BFA I was in a PUG as a MM Hunter normal dungeon. Just before we zoned in my Razer Tartarus gaming pad forgot all it's key binds. Annoying right? I just switched to my regular keyboard as a backup. This caused me to be slower and basically made me worse at everything. Not terrible mind you, I could see all the meters showing DPS and damage I was taking. I was fine, just no longer excellent.

The amount of demeaning insults, nasty comments and abuse the Pug threw at me was something I hadn't experienced since Vanilla in the Sunken Temple. They booted me 3/4 of the way through, told me I was the worst Hunter in the game and accused me of stealing/buying my account.

It would seem lots of players have zero patience for anyone who isn't A+ top of their game and close to flawless. If the experience of the below average player (which is a lot of players) is anything like this then I'm not surprised the community has a reputation for being toxic.

Quote Originally Posted by thunderdragon2 View Post
    yeh last time i took a affli lock it was necrotic wake on my bm hunter he was complaining about me not dpsing ads i did 21% of my dmg to em he did...4% then he left the grp....
    You sir are dumb. That is Ok. That just lets us all know in these forums that you are. Judging a class by one person is also dumb. If you are judging a class by a person's performance then you should stop playing this game now. Cause, believe it or not, their is one shitty person, or more playing all classes. So that means you are done and out of luck in thinking that the warlock class sucks cause of that one person you ran into. News Flash for you, thinking the way you think, all classes sucks then.

And by the way, I will put this in all caps for you, ALL THREE WARLOCK SPECS HAVE INTERRUPTS. Stop listening to those dumb asses out there that say it does not.
    Be careful who you chat it up with here on these forums. If you are NOT for WoW and about WoW, people will report whatever you say and get you banned

Quote Originally Posted by alexchaos View Post
    Actually, demo doesn't have one because if you were to use felhunter instead of felguard you would lose more than half your damage.. I know felguard has an additionnal stun but that doesn't work agains bosses and some mobs that needs interrupting.
    Yes it does since start of shadowlands.

https://www.wowhead.com/news=318702/...in-shadowlands

You want to come off smart by starting your statement "AHCKWEHUALLY" but in the end you spew some misinformation. No wonder everybody is clueless about what other classes can do.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Guilford View Post
    aCtUaLlY

Good thing Axe Toss interrupts now. Were you unaware of that change in SL?
    In order to know that, he needs to read for a change. Don't you know most of the wow community just eat what's their favorite content creater shits for them as their golden grail of info and never think for themselves?

Quote Originally Posted by ztkraptor View Post
    "Slightly" lol its like 20% behind.

Not only that its 5th place, out of what 12 DPS classes? Is that something to be excited about?

Not only that you chose 1 week, and probably all keystones lol.

Pick 2 weeks and like a 12 or something...

The fact you can't get over that there are just some classes that are better than others is sad.
    Are you seriously doing your best to prove how limited you are? We're talking all the time, that locks are getting better and better with every week due to gear and how they scale, which Week 1 logs proves that, when the gap is like 3-4%, and u come here and say 'UsE 2 wEeK data'. I am done talking to you. It is clear that you're not even capable of understating written text. No wonder u have no clue about the game itself.

Quote Originally Posted by Rinaul View Post
    Lol, tell that to healers.
    I am a healer, healing 14-15 keys and mythic raid, mage food does not make any difference at all.
    Last edited by HCLM; 2021-01-16 at 10:22 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by HCLM View Post
    Are you seriously doing your best to prove how limited you are? We're talking all the time, that locks are getting better and better with every week due to gear and how they scale, which Week 1 logs proves that, when the gap is like 3-4%, and u come here and say 'UsE 2 wEeK data'. I am done talking to you. It is clear that you're not even capable of understating written text. No wonder u have no clue about the game itself.

I am a healer, healing 14-15 keys and mythic raid, mage food does not make any difference at all.
    Winning an argument against a smart person is hard, winning an argument against a dumb person is impossible. Some people in this thread reminds me of flat earthers doing scientific tests to prove the earth is flat than discard the experiment as "shit" when they get data disproves their beliefs. So i would not waste my time against that dude, since he clearly has a chip in his shoulder.
    Last edited by Sonnillon; 2021-01-18 at 08:29 AM. Reason: Infracted

I mean. Vendors have water. Hell, you can buy stacks of Stygia Stew in Torghast. Why does Mage food matter?

It doesn't
    I'm guessing because of something called "money" :P

Quote Originally Posted by alexchaos View Post
    Actually, demo doesn't have one because if you were to use felhunter instead of felguard you would lose more than half your damage.. I know felguard has an additionnal stun but that doesn't work agains bosses and some mobs that needs interrupting.
    Ummmmm yeah it does. You should learn about the classes before you comment.........../SIGH.
    Be careful who you chat it up with here on these forums. If you are NOT for WoW and about WoW, people will report whatever you say and get you banned

Quote Originally Posted by Nosnogard View Post
    I'm guessing because of something called "money" :P
    So you are inviting mages to your keys because you are too cheap to buy some fucking water from a vendor? Interesting. Ever heard of consumables where you are pretty much need to use on high keys, like invisi potions, for example? Let me guess to expensive want to bring a rogue.

Dude what is this forums man. Jesus christ.
    Last edited by Thalrend; 2021-01-17 at 12:20 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Thalrend View Post
    snip
    People invite Mages because they are the best lust providers in the group. Then you can invite whatever healer you want and you don't have to rely on hunter to do pet lust.

Other than that - Mages have a psycho burst that destroys trashpacks and works in all key levels, same as Hunters.

Quote Originally Posted by Thalrend View Post
    Yes it does since start of shadowlands.

https://www.wowhead.com/news=318702/...in-shadowlands

You want to come off smart by starting your statement "AHCKWEHUALLY" but in the end you spew some misinformation. No wonder everybody is clueless about what other classes can do.

- - - Updated - - -

In order to know that, he needs to read for a change. Don't you know most of the wow community just eat what's their favorite content creater shits for them as their golden grail of info and never think for themselves?
    No need to get toxic because I had the wrong information, if that's how you interact with people in game then no wonder you can't find any groups or make friends to play with. You can't expect every single player to know every single ability there is in game, that's just not how it works. I played a warlock for a few years and axe toss didn't have an interrupt then and I didn't see they changed it in SL that's all.

The point is you came in with that smug actually bullshit while being completely ignorant about the utility AND damage of the spec. Felguard is most certainly not 50% of the damage for a Demo Warlock.
    I guess I deserved being responded in a toxic manner for saying outdated information instead of just telling me that the info is wrong. People are so quick to attack now...

Quote Originally Posted by HCLM View Post

You do understand that M+ changes each week right?
    You have to take an aggregate from a longer time period as one week might require less actual utility than another. I'm trying to help you understand how statistics work and how data collection works.

Quote Originally Posted by Aggressive View Post
    You sir are dumb. That is Ok. That just lets us all know in these forums that you are. Judging a class by one person is also dumb. If you are judging a class by a person's performance then you should stop playing this game now. Cause, believe it or not, their is one shitty person, or more playing all classes. So that means you are done and out of luck in thinking that the warlock class sucks cause of that one person you ran into. News Flash for you, thinking the way you think, all classes sucks then.

And by the way, I will put this in all caps for you, ALL THREE WARLOCK SPECS HAVE INTERRUPTS. Stop listening to those dumb asses out there that say it does not.
    and i'll put htis in caps for you IF THEY HAVE THEM, WHY DONT THEY USE THEM?, a players dps means nothing if a interrupt is missed and the rest of the grps is on cd and the lock didnt wana use theirs because "it gimps ma dips"

also that i gave you was referring to the type of person i have to deal with he just happened to be a lock on a tyrannical week he should be doing a lot of damage to whose worms

also im singling out warlocks here because alot of them dont know what kind of utility they have since the topic started with a lock not being invited to grps too many bad locks bringing the rest down.

while i've been pugging i have found many hunters that dont know what tranquilising shot counter shot or binding shot are never mind them using those abilites in m+
    Last edited by thunderdragon2; 2021-01-17 at 02:30 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by thunderdragon2 View Post
    and i'll put htis in caps for you IF THEY HAVE THEM, WHY DONT THEY USE THEM?, a players dps means nothing if a interrupt is missed and the rest of the grps is on cd and the lock didnt wana use theirs because "it gimps ma dips"

also that i gave you was referring to the type of person i have to deal with he just happened to be a lock on a tyrannical week he should be doing a lot of damage to whose worms

also im singling out warlocks here because alot of them dont know what kind of utility they have since the topic started with a lock not being invited to grps too many bad locks bringing the rest down.

while i've been pugging i have found many hunters that dont know what tranquilising shot counter shot or binding shot are never mind them using those abilites in m+
    Because most of the fucking people who are at +8,+9 key stage of gear is either

Plays the game casually, hence they have less info about their classes in general, at least this is the case most of the time.

Alts, which for most people it means they play them sub optimally compared to their main class.

Bad, because some people are fucking bad at the game.

Most people who are able to use their fucking basic abilities like interrupts are done with that key stage since they will push through those very fast and outgear them very quickly due to lack of titanforging. Most people who will do keys at that stage will be fucking clueless. It just how it is. I have a friend who started the expansion last week, didn't do any of the dungeons, bought some gear skipping most of his m0s. He than went to a plus 8 with zero experience. Wanna guess how it went?

He was playing a mm hunter, if someone saw how he played and think like you, they would be yapping how mm hunters are garbage etc. They are fucking not. Those key levels doesn't attract people who knows what the fuck they are doing. Its a shitshow down there. So your example is flawed because chances are most people who are hanging out in that key tiers will be a bit clueless. Hence why they are doing those low keys.

Quote Originally Posted by Butler to Baby Sloths View Post
    People running +6 keys aren't able to pull off the strats you needed to do the Atal-in-10-minutes run that Method managed last expansion. They therefore don't need (and arguably can't use or gain anywhere near the benefit they think they can get) the same setups that are used in the MDI.
    Every group in every key level benefits from Bloodlust, Battle Res, Burst AOE dps. Which is what mages, hunters and boomies are bringing.

Meta classes are meta for a reason and the reason is actually pretty simple, DPS and utility.