Page 7 of 15 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Kumorii View Post
    Last time I thought it wasn't worth it I quit. Once in TBC and once in WotLK, end of Legion and end of Bfa. I suggest anyone who feels it isn't worth it stop wasting money on it.
    right? like with every other service, you dont like it or dont think its worth it? stop using it, i never understood the "i dont think the game is worth my money/time so GAME MUST CHANGE" attitude...

Love seeing a thread full of replies and ideas on what to do and OP only cherry picks the ones that trash the game with him lol

Maybe time to take a break

Quote Originally Posted by Halfaheart View Post
    Love seeing a thread full of replies and ideas on what to do and OP only cherry picks the ones that trash the game with him lol

Maybe time to take a break
    well he obviously dont want opinions, he wants echo chamber, nothing unusual

You do a single 14 key

That’s your problem
    You can also do the first 3 in mythic as it wouldn’t take longer than a full heroic clear

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by gaymer77 View Post
    Have you done all 4 of the covenant quest lines through all 9 chapters? If not, there's THAT which you can do. The game so far has been told through the eyes of 4 different groups of people.
    You're joking, right? This is a fucking MMO! Why would anyone want to play timegated SOLO content and keep paying a sub for that?

Quote Originally Posted by Gorsameth View Post
    Feels like we are making progress here.

So the problem is that PvP gives to much gear.
    Agreed. Even being unranked PvP is an easy source for 200 ilvl loot and getting a bit of rating to upgrade that is not hard, tho something more people probably are not doing since that requires organised groups.

Its a result of Blizzard trying to enable PvP'ers to enjoy PvP without having to do PvE (even tho that isn't the case, doing both is better) but not wanting to go back to the days of a PvP only stat making PvP gear useless and PvE and vice versa.

The problem with Making M+ give gear like PvP currently does is that you run right back into the BfA/Legion problem of raids not being rewarding enough despite being more significantly more effort.

I don't think there is an easy solution to the current PvE/PvP gearing issue without separating the 2 entirely with a PvP stat (like resilience).

- - - Updated - - -

The point to playing is to have fun. Why do you play video games?
    And PvP gearing being broken doesn't stop me from having fun doing raids.
    If some other activity being 'better' stops you from having fun doing what you enjoy then you should take time to look at what your doing and why your doing it because your lying to yourself somewhere along the way.
    Giving a piece of loot more at the end of a dungeon wouldnt mean its better than raids though. Right now there is approximately 20% dropchance from normal/hc/mythic dungeons and 40 dropchance from a whole m+ dungeon. That translates into 10% dropchance per boss in mythic+(with an average of 4 bosses per dungeon). Cutting lootdrops in half like that doesnt make sense just because you change difficulty setting. Its not like the gear will rival raid gear anyway. And again this is only if you time the key

Quote Originally Posted by MrKnubbles View Post
    I feel like raid loot is so bad compared to m+ loot. I'm currently wearing 8 M+ items, 4 raid items, 1 from world boss and my legendary. Sitting at 211.
    I'm 212 with only 1 item being from the raid lol. And I'm 10/10H, 2 M. All of my gear is from vault, mythix+, or pvp (220). Raid loot drops are just really bad.

Quote Originally Posted by GreenJesus View Post
    I'm 212 with only 1 item being from the raid lol. And I'm 10/10H, 2 M. All of my gear is from vault, mythix+, or pvp (220). Raid loot drops are just really bad.
    i'm 213 with 9 items from the raid. I have 2 items from m+ and the rest is from vault - 0 pvp crap

oh and we are 9/10

Quote Originally Posted by Zka View Post
    You're joking, right? This is a fucking MMO! Why would anyone want to play timegated SOLO content and keep paying a sub for that?
    mmm You forgot the second piece, MMORPG. Not defending either of you.

If you pay a premium you should do whatever it is you want. I mean people play this game to farm gold... think about that. They work a normal job, and in their free time they enjoy making fake money. That is something I'll never understand.

Personally, i find SL a bit stale - can tell the polish was made in 2020. Pretty much all of it... if I didn't have 2 months of gametime left i would probably just stop playing. Jailer is not big baddy enough for me to stay interested - anything before him/sylvanas/tyrande is likely not interesting as well...

Quote Originally Posted by Guilford View Post
    Wish I could pin this to every whining thread.
    Could you guys try putting an argument behind that possibly?

Quote Originally Posted by Jainzar View Post
    I don't have the time for mythic raiding. And a lot of other people don't, either. I'm mainly a m+ player, but that's just not worth it AT ALL, loot wise.
    How can you have time for heroic raiding, but not for Mythic. Heroic still of not really puggable and a full clear takes many guilds more than one evening. On the other hand its completely possible to even get CE with 2 mythic raid days a week.

Quote Originally Posted by MrKnubbles View Post
    I feel like raid loot is so bad compared to m+ loot. I'm currently wearing 8 M+ items, 4 raid items, 1 from world boss and my legendary. Sitting at 211.
    1/15 on Raid Drops this week and to date I have only had 1 upgrade out of the vault, minimal 4 items to chose from.

Quote Originally Posted by ClassicPeon View Post
    Could you guys try putting an argument behind that possibly?
    The argument is simple

In a game that you use gear as an endpoint yet refuse to push the gear to its endpoint you will have a bad time

You don’t do mythic even just 3 a week and only 1 m+ dungeon a week means that you aren’t pushing For the gear endpoint

That’s the argument

Quote Originally Posted by razorpax View Post
    The argument is simple

In a game that you use gear as an endpoint yet refuse to push the gear to its endpoint you will have a bad time

You don’t do mythic even just 3 a week and only 1 m+ dungeon a week means that you aren’t pushing For the gear endpoint

That’s the argument
    Why do you have to push for the gear endpoint to play for gear?

Its like playing league because you think ranked is fun but then get told of because you arent looking to reach rank 1

And does it make it ok to play for gear if you do push for that endpoint?

Currently I'm sitting at 214 ilvl, having cleared Castle Nathria 10/10 on heroic.

All I am doing right now is logging in once a week, doing a +14 key, and logging off. That's it. There's literally nothing else to do that is worth my time when it comes to gearing.

Clearing Nathria 10/10 to maybe get something that is replaced anyway by something from the chest eventually? Not worth it. At all. Loot drops are so rare that I got one single item that was useful in over 40 heroic boss kills.

Is this really what Blizzard wants? For people to log in once a week?
    I agree that dungeons/raids could be more rewarding. But it also sounds like you don't really enjoy the content of the game if gear is your only source of motivation. I think you should ask yourself why are you playing the game. If you don't think it's fun to do dungeons or raids and you only do the content to get gear then it's not really worth it... is it?

Me for example, I play the game every day and I don't care much about gear. I get it when I get it. I enjoy pushing keys with my M+ group and doing raids with my guild. Loot is just a bonus. I have enough gear to clear the content I need to clear.

I don't have the time for mythic raiding. And a lot of other people don't, either. I'm mainly a m+ player, but that's just not worth it AT ALL, loot wise.
    I don't feel sorry for any of you. If you're clearing 14's one month in and have cleared heroic then you rushed to get geared and now you're paying for it. As long as you're paying your 15 blizzard doesn't care how often you log in.

- - - Updated - - -

The amount of fanboys in this thread is astonishing really. Why not just admit that the current gearing system sucks? You really can't get over yourself to admit that?

There would be a lot of ways to improve the current situation. You could increase ilvl from higher mythic keys, add rewards for completing 2 chest or 3 chest m+ runs, increase drop chance of items in the raid, add a currency system from m+ dungeons which you can use to buy items from a merchant etc. etc.

The current system is bad. That's a fact. Stop defending it.
    It's not bad at all it's good. It's just that whiney little bitches like you and these fat ass streamers are used to having your loot handed to you.

i'll come back when they buff BM

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zka View Post
    The game has both solo and multiplayer aspects to it just like every other MMO in existance. The fact that other than a small exp gain from doing battlegrounds, the best/easiest way to level up is to do quests and/or dungeons. Because of how little exp you gain from spamming dungeons, questing is still the BEST way to level up. Leveling up is a requirement to do end-game content.......

10+ Year Old Account
    That’s when I do it all over again with alts
    Most likely the wisest Enhancement Shaman.

Valor system in WotLK was superior in every way to what we have now. Blizzard should take notes..
    No, not it wasn't. Did you even play wotlk? Refresh my memory... How many weeks of farm to buy just one item? Keyword here being WEEEKS.... Not weekly...
    If the vault gave less ilvl, you'd be bitching how you never get any upgrades and just duplicates