Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by deenman View Post
    is this why almost every single m+ team in the rankings for sl season has either a rogue or windwalker?some even have both

and casters arent even represented all that much more,as its either a boomkin or a mage pretty much the same situation as melee representation

some also run marks hunter,but thats simply because of the marks dps is to good for aoe and singletarget and mobility,some teams even have 2
    Then loot at mythic raiding. You take a warrior for battle shout, a DH for 5% magic done and then it is getting difficult. Unholy DK because they deal 10% more damage than most melees. The rest is just "eh we dont want to kick good players". This whole balance is a joke right now.

Elemental >> Enhance
    Balance > Feral
    Marksman >>> Survival

PvE has become shitty for nearly everyone (unholy and windwalker are the only ones tuned to be conpetitive to most ranged specs, perhaps feral). In M+ it is even more insane. When a hunter or fire mage start to burst their aoe, they are miles ahead. As melee you gotta run out pretty often, as ranged you just do your stuff.... this is a joke. And they also deal more damage, especially in AOE...

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by AkundaMrdal View Post
    Its welcomed changed after BfA, in which I had to switch to rogue and dh as my m+ alts, because being declined for 30 minutes straight as a ranged was annoying and waste of time.
    Especially rogue was invited to almost every group I sign for.
    It was ONLY rogue and DH. Everyone else got declined too...

For Sludgefist mythic, there are 270 melee specs kill logs. And 300 affliction warlocks alone. We are talking about a 10:1 ratio when comparing all ranged:melee logs.... this is insane...
    Last edited by Aurosh; 2021-01-16 at 11:31 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Aurosh View Post
    Then loot at mythic raiding. You take a warrior for battle shout, a DH for 5% magic done and then it is getting difficult. Unholy DK because they deal 10% more damage than most melees. The rest is just "eh we dont want to kick good players". This whole balance is a joke right now.

Elemental >> Enhance
    Balance > Feral
    Marksman >>> Survival

PvE has become shitty for nearly everyone (unholy and windwalker are the only ones tuned to be conpetitive to most ranged specs, perhaps feral). In M+ it is even more insane. When a hunter or fire mage start to burst their aoe, they are miles ahead. As melee you gotta run out pretty often, as ranged you just do your stuff.... this is a joke. And they also deal more damage, especially in AOE...

- - - Updated - - -

It was ONLY rogue and DH. Everyone else got declined too...
    unholy isnt doing 10% more than most melee,dps wise its pretty averege unless burst is what you rly need,its the utility that it brings,also enha >>>>>>>> ele lol,and yeah balance is a bit better than feral,but feral is way up than its been before,and the data is not completly accurate because of the low representation,feral and windwalker are actualy doing much better than the data shows

unholy isnt doing 10% more than most melee,dps wise its pretty averege unless burst is what you rly need,its the utility that it brings,also enha >>>>>>>> ele lol,and yeah balance is a bit better than feral,but feral is way up than its been before,and the data is not completly accurate because of the low representation,feral and windwalker are actualy doing much better than the data shows
    https://www.warcraftlogs.com/zone/statistics/26

Elemental 21.2% ahead on hungering destroyer, 15% at shriekwing, 15% at artificer. 14% at sludgefist heroic.

Elemental is so much better for raiding.

Unholy is around 12-13% ahead of enhance on shriekwing, hungering destroyer etc. 9% at Artificer. Around 10% overall in heroic and mythic....

And most melees (warrior, ret, DH, enhance) are in the same boat. They are close to each other around 10 to 15% behind most ranged and some melees... and m+ is the same. You need to form your own group or organize groups...
    Last edited by Aurosh; 2021-01-16 at 11:42 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Aurosh View Post
    https://www.warcraftlogs.com/zone/statistics/26

Elemental 21.2% ahead on hungering destroyer, 15% at shriekwing, 15% at artificer. 14% at sludgefist heroic.

Elemental is so much better for raiding.

Unholy is around 12-13% ahead of enhance on shriekwing, hungering destroyer etc. 9% at Artificer. Around 10% overall in heroic and mythic....

And most melees (warrior, ret, DH, enhance) are in the same boat. They are close to each other around 10 to 15% behind most ranged and some melees... and m+ is the same. You need to form your own group or organize groups...
    damn,last time i checked it enha was above,also unholy gets pretty lifted by its burst and execute,im glad unholy is good i enjoy it...but it feels kinda unfair when one class has all that and a raid cd and grip,and 2 interupts,aoe and singletarget withouth much talent swaping

I mean every PvP week is melee week, at least give ranged ones PvE, don't fucking take everything.
    My nickname is "LDEV", not "idev". (both font clarification and ez bait)

yall im smh @ ur simplified english

Quote Originally Posted by hulkgor View Post
    Uldir (excluding Fetid Devourer only)
    Nighthold in its entirety. 10 melees at M Gul'dan says hello.

2 very recent examples of melee-heavy raids.
    Uldir? Fetid, pre-nerf Mythrax, and G'huun with the Warlock favoritism say hi. It wasn't a terrible raid for melee but they were hardly favored.

Nighthold still remains the only raid in forever where melee was favored on both a DPS and mechanics standpoint, and meanwhile we've had raids like ToS that dunked on anything that wasn't a Rogue, or fights like Coven or U'unat where the motto was to bring as few melees as humanly possible. I don't have a huge problem with this in truth because at the end of the day you can't have highly diverse fights without balance suffering and the former is more important, but the fact remains that as a rule ranged DPS are more desirable in raids.

EDIT: and yeah, as others have said Nathria is unkind to melee as well. It's bearable for Huntsman or Hungering who still favor ranged but not terribly so, but Sludgefist is almost tailor made to fuck over melee, especially those that need high uptime like Fury.
    Last edited by Jastall; 2021-01-16 at 11:51 PM.
    It is all that is left unsaid upon which tragedies are built -Kreia

The internet: where to every action is opposed an unequal overreaction.

Explosion is easier than BFA because any direct damage will break them, so for example heroic throw. This week seems pretty easy for me, Tyrannical is still more annoying though and I think overtuned.

Quote Originally Posted by AkundaMrdal View Post
    Its welcomed changed after BfA, in which I had to switch to rogue and dh as my m+ alts, because being declined for 30 minutes straight as a ranged was annoying and waste of time.
    Especially rogue was invited to almost every group I sign for.
    That wasn't a ranged vs melee thing, because plenty of melee specs got declined more than a lot of ranged classes. Rogues were good, melee as a whole wasn't.

damn,last time i checked it enha was above,also unholy gets pretty lifted by its burst and execute,im glad unholy is good i enjoy it...but it feels kinda unfair when one class has all that and a raid cd and grip,and 2 interupts,aoe and singletarget withouth much talent swaping
    You can listen to the Preach interview with Echo/Limit, they seem pretty clear on their opinions of Unholy being amazing, it has a clear advantage in both damage and toolkit. WW Monks are up there too, but the rest of melee is just in limbo, Outlaw is good in M+ granted but they all got benched for the world first race.
    Last edited by Bigbazz; 2021-01-17 at 12:09 AM.
    Probably running on a Pentium 4

Quote Originally Posted by Marrilaife View Post
    snip
    Yea, i'll agree on Mythrax pre-nerf, but Zul was absolutely melee friendly (even if sub was godly, you'd still favor melees after the typical 3t\5h and cc'ing rdps), and so was G'huun (it was mostly rdps getting the shaft or being asked to bring their warlocks out).

But having been asked for raids that were melee friendly, bringing out a lot of examples, and suddenly the goal posts move. Fair enough

And most of other raids are melee-neutral, not the unfriendlyness that people seem to bring up for whatever reason.

The whole reasoning is just asinine.

This is the most melee friendly week I’ve seen in ages. Too bad the melee in my groups don’t seem to grasp they only need to sneeze at the orbs to kill em...

But when they do, it’s a super easy run basically if you have the dps to beat tyrannical

Quote Originally Posted by kaelix1 View Post
    Honestly, my memories might be bad but from what i remember the last melee tier was Dragon Soul, not sure where he pulled 'World of MeleeCraft'
    Only thing I remember about dragon soul was all the rogues yeeting themselves off the rim of the temple on the Ultraxion fight.
    The most difficult thing to do is accept that there is nothing wrong with things you don't like and accept that people can like things you don't.