Thread: Genshin Impact

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Yunru View Post
    Some fun shit:
    So you can bait fatui assasins near water, drop down a lotos and they will charge it and end up in water.
    Presumably, you can do the same with Amber.

I'm saving the rest of my gems. I don't think I want Xiao. Honestly, I'm kinda waiting for some new 4-stars to show up. We still have a lot of representation left to go. Some more polearm users would be nice. Some DPS water users, for four-stars, we got, what, Xingqiu? More anemo characters too, as we only have Sucrose. I imagine they're waiting for the next region to dole out new ones, so all the banners we'll see until then will be repeat characters outside of the five-star.

Me and the homies did 3000 point event....my Chongus got his opportunity to shine...also had a Diluc and Ganyu in party.
    Pretty cool event for a party to have fun with

edit: And tomorrow, my "attack build" Albedo will be useful
    Last edited by Big Thanks; 2021-01-16 at 07:51 PM.

Don't like how the event necessitates multiplayer to complete higher scores and yet doesn't give an auto-match function. I don't want to go actually LOOK for a group and coordinate... Gimme dat auto-queue

auto queue for 500 different difficulty setting combinations - that sounds fun.

Me neither.

It's either +50% HP and 120 seconds
    or +100% HP and 180 seconds.

But that's just where it will remain on this one.
    Maybe the next is easier without a 50% cryo/physical RES buff - since my mains are Ganyu and Keqing.
    Last edited by KrayZ33; 2021-01-17 at 12:07 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by BeepBoo View Post
    Don't like how the event necessitates multiplayer to complete higher scores and yet doesn't give an auto-match function. I don't want to go actually LOOK for a group and coordinate... Gimme dat auto-queue
    you can easily complete the event solo with a 'high score' you just need to have the correct characters and make use of consumables, because shock horror, there's actually a need for them now, if you can't get it solo either you need to improve your mechanical skills or change your team selection, the majority of the combat is just 'dodge' > 'hit' > 'dodge' > 'hit' > 'weave' > 'hit' > 'Dodge' > 'hit' > crystals.

Even maximizing my reactions, I cannot get past half way with a 3000 score card. If you can solo, I guess you have all lvl 90 people/good artifacts/etc. The only people I have maxed out for my ar (46) is diluc and chungus, but that should be enough IMO since you get overload reactions as it is with electro+fire.
    Last edited by BeepBoo; 2021-01-17 at 12:50 AM.

How would you even GET to a 3k card without using the 120 sec time limit?

How would you even GET to a 3k card without using the 120 sec time limit?
    Easy, activate expert then take everything except the time limit. (not counting the two positive buffs)

Pff, but then I'd have to start taking hits to my DPS. That's a big no-no... Though I suppose it could be that the reduction in damage effectively less demanding than the reduction in time since the time reduction is huge. I suppose I'll try that, but I really like big numbers.

Something else that's annoying is the phase where it goes into the air and shoot the little electric balls at you. That's like a forced 30 seconds of no dps.

Quote Originally Posted by KrayZ33 View Post
    auto queue for 500 different difficulty setting combinations - that sounds fun.
    I'd be fine with getting match-made and then negotiating the affixes after the fact, I just don't want to have to actually talk to people to get into groups.
    Last edited by BeepBoo; 2021-01-17 at 02:00 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Even maximizing my reactions, I cannot get past half way with a 3000 score card. If you can solo, I guess you have all lvl 90 people/good artifacts/etc. The only people I have maxed out for my ar (46) is diluc and chungus, but that should be enough IMO since you get overload reactions as it is with electro+fire.
    i have no characters over lvl 80, my xiangling had less than 1k attack and was used as a support for her pyronado, yes i do have some extremely good artifacts on my characters but that's because i have spent months now at this point farming them to get the right stats and combo effects possible to compliment my team(s).

as an aside this event is kinda showing how bad the youtube 'guides' were when people suggested just maxing 1 main dps and having a few support characters with no investment in them, sure that's fine for general roaming but in content that matters you cannot compete if you only have a couple of characters invested into, that's why even though i have the requirements to reach level 90 on my characters, i have yet to bother upgrading nay to that point because not only are the stat gains from 80>90 not worth the gargantuan resource cost, it also means i'm forced to neglect other characters, which is something i have not done and now have a choice of (at last count), 11 characters lvl 70 or higher, all with some top tier 4* weapons fully upgraded to lvl 80, and all with full sets of top tier artifacts so i can just swap and play and not have to worry about who has what artifacts and juggling weapons around etc, sure in the short term i was very weak by comparison to others of my AR level, but long term i will have the far superior setup because of my spread investment having average/above average in all categories instead of only a few top tier characters.

my best advice is to make sure you have a full set of characters that would do well in the environment, these bosses while possible to defeat with melee teams, are way easier to kill with ranged heroes by virtue of needing to use some of the nasty modifiers to reach the daily required points total making getting into melee risky.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Bovinity Divinity View Post
    I have one level 90 and I can't bring them. (Electro Keqing, lol)

Edit: 4050 score, yay...can't do 120 sec AND 100% hp, bleh. Can get close, but just don't have that burst damage.
    there might be 1 whale out there with the characters and artifact sets and consumables etc that could do it but i don't think it's possible outside of that scenario because there's no combination of characters and elements that i could think of that would have the damage needed for that right now, at least with the resources available currently.

Quote Originally Posted by Dakhath View Post
    I was planning on c6ing Ganyu a few weeks ago but having to replace both my furnace and water heater in the same week, I decided to just get her and maybe 1 or 2 constellations before the end of the banner. I know this goes against assumptions of people who spend money are degenerates and make poor choices, but I like warm showers and a warm house. There isn't a single character that has been leaked that I care more than getting C0 for. I'd like them for collection purposes but I have no room in my team for anyone going forward.
    Wait.. are you serious? You would actually consider spending thousands of dollars on a character for a PVE game when you are tight on money to afford a heater in your house? This is why gachas need to be regulated.

10+ Year Old Account
    Pff, but then I'd have to start taking hits to my DPS. That's a big no-no... Though I suppose it could be that the reduction in damage effectively less demanding than the reduction in time since the time reduction is huge. I suppose I'll try that, but I really like big numbers.

Something else that's annoying is the phase where it goes into the air and shoot the little electric balls at you. That's like a forced 30 seconds of no dps.

I'd be fine with getting match-made and then negotiating the affixes after the fact, I just don't want to have to actually talk to people to get into groups.
    this is why you bring a ranged character because while it's in the air the core is vulnerable and can be shot at, just remember to dodge the orbs, or just use the crystal constructs to absorb them.

Quote Originally Posted by rogoth View Post
    this is why you bring a ranged character because while it's in the air the core is vulnerable and can be shot at, just remember to dodge the orbs, or just use the crystal constructs to absorb them.
    Assuming I actually have a ranged character with good anything instead of just a lvl 40 amber with no artifacts

If mihoyo is going to necessitate having a large roster of characters all at effective levels, they need to make it easier to get to that point without spending money.

- - - Updated - - -

Fuck, you guys are so eager to jump on this stupid holier than thou preaching that you start becoming parodies of yourselves.
    The fact that it was even a consideration is bad. Spending that much on a digital good in some waifu game is idiotic. I don't care if you have the financial stability, some purchases should be shunned and looked down upon out of principle. Fuck the whole "let people enjoy things." Nah. There shouldn't be any LAWS preventing them from being that stupid, but they should absolutely have to suffer the thunder of people calling them out on their stupidity.

Ok. Sure thing, buddy.

Some of you sure do have a lot of opinions on what other people should be doing. Would be nice if we could go more than two pages without what sounds like a bunch of kids lecturing adults for spending their money.
    Would be nice if people stopped encouraging gacha companies by falling for their fucking traps, or worse, being complacent and rationalizing it as fine. Maybe we'd have a higher quality game if they had to work harder to pay their bills.

Well there's the door. No one is forcing you to remain a player of games that you apparently can't stand the practices of. As you remind us of with obnoxious regularity.

And no, no one needs my "encouragement" or anything else. If they're spending the money, they're adults who can make their own damn choices. If you wanna lecture people on their lives, have some fucking kids.
    Nah, I'll do it to anyone I think needs it if it's convenient. And I'll stick around in the game as long as it holds my interest even if it isn't 100% what I want simply because there's nothing out there better at the moment that fills the niche this game does. Same way I stuck with wow for 10 years, despite it being garbage. Even if it was garbage, it was less garbage than other raid-sim games and I NEEDED a raid sim game in my life.

Genshin is a game I can play while waiting on another big AAA single player RPG to come along.

So, seems like this event is challenging. Though it seems the primo gems are only from completing it the first time. At least the primo gems are easy to get.
    Quote Originally Posted by scorpious1109 View Post
    Why the hell would you wait till after you did this to confirm the mortality rate of such action?

Quote Originally Posted by Zantos View Post
    So, seems like this event is challenging. Though it seems the primo gems are only from completing it the first time. At least the primo gems are easy to get.
    The mechanics are easy to deal with and so is maximizing your DPS windows. The time limit and lack of scaling means you have to have <x amount of gear and level> to complete it.

Edit: taking the timer down and using the other affixes instead was the special sauce, but god damn.. I cannot imagine how I'd beat it in less time. It was 5 seconds off.
    Last edited by BeepBoo; 2021-01-17 at 03:26 AM.

He literally said he DIDN'T do it BECAUSE of the emergencies that came up. That's literally what adults do, they budget for things and when emergencies come up they take away from the less important budgeted-for items.

Fuck, you guys are so eager to jump on this stupid holier than thou preaching that you start becoming parodies of yourselves.

- - - Updated - - -

Nah, the whales I've watched all do it pretty easily at max score. Mostly because they have a selection of built characters to choose from, and have good synergies.
    But the fact remains that he was willing to spend that level of money if his heater didn't break. If his heater broke AFTER he purchased Ganyu he would be fucked.

Or it just came out of elsewhere in the budget.

We don't know his finances, we don't know his savings. A couple thousand could be no big deal and he's just being responsible with the level of expenditures he's making at any one time. Jumping to conclusions just to hop back in the pulpit really serves no purpose other than to antagonize.
    If Blizzard allowed you to purchase constellation mechanics to make your main dps abilities in WoW to be stronger you'd be crying bloody murder. But when some Chinese company does it it's fine because "It's a GACHA!!". So what? Why does the monetization model they use make it okay to make it cost thousands of dollars to max out a single character? Why is that monetization model even considered okay in the first place?