Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    https://www.kmov.com/news/2-days-aft...e374a4f10.html

Ah the duality of the Death Cult party in America.

January 13: Missouri House votes against measure requiring masks and social distance.
    January 15: Missouri House canceles next week's legislative session because...of rising covid cases in the state.

Are any of them covid positive right now? Who knows, they're not really bothering to share much.
    They are sharing the virus!

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Vash The Stampede View Post
    That's a lot of idiots not wearing masks. I guess they also want to die?
    To me the biggest concern isn't masks but the "a lot", as it seems everyone is present. (And shaking hands; seriously??)

Already during the spring many parliaments made steps to reduce the number of persons present, and/or move to virtual meetings, as any sane place of work where physical presence isn't required. I understand the supreme court in the US also did that, but it seems many legislatures in the US didn't.

I couldn't find a good list - but some Israeli did a survey: https://ial-online.org/wp-content/up...s-Pandemic.pdf

15+ Year Old Account
    So for hours news make the rounds that Norway stopped vaccinating its elderly population because 23 died after getting the vaccine. Considering every article apart from original Norwegian ones (because of my lack of understanding Norwegian) are from right to far-right "news organizations" I am a bit skeptical of those "news". Is there someone from Norway or maybe a neighboring country that knows a bit more about this, facts and or official links would be appreciated?
    Quote Originally Posted by ash
    So, look um, I'm not a grief counselor, but if it's any consolation, I have had to kill and bury loved ones before. A bunch of times actually.
    Quote Originally Posted by PC2 View Post
    I never said I was knowledge-able and I wouldn't even care if I was the least knowledge-able person and the biggest dumb-ass out of all 7.8 billion people on the planet.

Quote Originally Posted by Flathet View Post
    Sounds to me like they were already sick in other things and the bodies reaction to the vaccine was too much in addition to what they were already dealing with.
    Possibly, or it could just be that they were so frail that they died naturally. (Or a combination: some died naturally and in some the vaccine contributed.)

https://www.bmj.com/content/372/bmj.n149
    We are not alarmed or worried about this, because these are very rare occurrences and they occurred in very frail patients with very serious disease. We are now asking for doctors to continue with the vaccination, but to carry out extra evaluation of very sick people whose underlying condition might be aggravated by it.
    So, they haven't stopped vaccinating the elderly it seems - and it doesn't seem like a problem for healthier persons (and especially not for younger healthier persons).

The grifters who run the anti-vax movement are desperate to sabotage the vaccination effort so they focus heavily on every last possible problem and try to blow it out of proportion, as well as lie about the seriousness and even origins of the virus.

They know that if enough people get vaccinated and it eliminates the virus then it is proof that vaccines work. Most people are too young to remember the rampant deaths and cripplings caused by such things as smallpox and polio before vaccines dealt with them.

15+ Year Old Account
    Thanks for the sources and answers, helps me fight off the anti-vaxxers and conspiracy theorists in my family. Having someone actually working in virology apparently isn't enough, no no.
    So, look um, I'm not a grief counselor, but if it's any consolation, I have had to kill and bury loved ones before. A bunch of times actually.
    I never said I was knowledge-able and I wouldn't even care if I was the least knowledge-able person and the biggest dumb-ass out of all 7.8 billion people on the planet.

Quote Originally Posted by Mayhem View Post
    So for hours news make the rounds that Norway stopped vaccinating its elderly population because 23 died after getting the vaccine. Considering every article apart from original Norwegian ones (because of my lack of understanding Norwegian) are from right to far-right "news organizations" I am a bit skeptical of those "news". Is there someone from Norway or maybe a neighboring country that knows a bit more about this, facts and or official links would be appreciated?
    To be fair, even Bloomberg is reporting it. BUT - that there have been deaths, not that the vaccination is being stopped. Simply that there is a risk and that maybe those already on a literal death bed have basically no need to receive the vaccine, it won't change anything for them, or some of the most elderly.

At this point Israel has vaccinated whole risk group, but I have not seen reports about deaths there @Gaidax, wanna help out?
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadoowpunk View Post
    Take that haters.
    IF IM STUPID, so is Donald Trump.

10+ Year Old Account
    23 is an alarming amount to die from a vaccine. I don't know the details myself, and the details are the most important part, but that is worth stopping vaccination to take a look into what went wrong. The excuse was that these people were at "end of life" and therefore very frail.

15+ Year Old Account
    23 is an alarming amount to die from a vaccine. I don't know the details myself, and the details are the most important part, but that is worth stopping vaccination to take a look into what went wrong. The excuse was that these people were at "end of life" and therefore very frail.
    Well that depends on the group you're talking about, the respective group these occurred in have 250 die each week.

10+ Year Old Account
    Well that depends on the group you're talking about, the respective group these occurred in have 250 die each week.
    250 per country or per nursing home? It still shows that they haven't tested the vaccine as well as they thought and that certain age ranges should be avoided until they know why. I doubt anyone wants to hear that grandma died because they were going to anyway.

10+ Year Old Account
    Land of human potential (and non-toxic masculinity)
    Quote Originally Posted by Vegas82 View Post
    You need to calm down on this shit. Every death was someone who was seriously ill already and they're not even sure the vaccine played a role in their deaths. Correlation isn't the same as causation.
    Pretty much this - they died AFTER taking vaccine not BECAUSE they took it.

10+ Year Old Account
    23 is an alarming amount to die from a vaccine.
    They're not saying that 23 people died from the vaccine. They said that 23 elderly, frail people have died at some point after taking the vaccine, and they're investigating to find out if the deaths are related to the vaccine, or if they're just incidental.

Misstating things for your alarmist take is just bad.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Arrashi View Post
    Pretty much this - they died AFTER taking vaccine not BECAUSE they took it.
    It's the classic post hoc ergo propter hoc logical fallacy.

"The difference between stupidity
    and genius is that genius has its limits."

--Alexandre Dumas-fils

Quote Originally Posted by Granyala View Post
    Yikes, how did you manage that? Oo
    Don't know i managed to do it twice as a kid. Both times, Christmas. One time i did get out for actual Christmas the other not so lucky.
    They never figured out what it was.

It caused the blood to back up in my body and would cause a red line to form running towards my heart on a main line. They were not even sure what would have happened if it made it to my heart.

they had planned to cut me open if it ever made it past my shoulder (it started in my finger and got to my shoulder blade). they would mark the location on my body with a magic marker. Kind of stupid and easy way to freak out a 9 year old.

I received a few very experimental drugs that are now standard anti biotics/treatments in the 1980's.
    I was pretty much clueless as a kid, but looking back I realize how serious it was for them to start throwing powerful experimental drugs at it.

That is why i knew, COVID....oh yah i am going to get it.
    I could not have been more careful.
    Working third shift, alone
    Everything delivered downstairs no contact no stores.
    N95 mask were ordered in Feb so I always had them.
    etc etc.

Kink in my plan, DAD. Released from nursing home with a "negative test". Two nurses coming to house. One PT provider. One O2 provider. One Brother.
    All it took was one visit to my Dad to change his bandages on his amputated foot and 2 hours in his house, and a lax use of a mask.

We all got Covid. Who knows who started it but in all 7 people who saw him became infected.
    Buh Byeeeeeeeeeeee !!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zan15 View Post
    It caused the blood to back up in my body and would cause a red line to form running towards my heart on a main line. They were not even sure what would have happened if it made it to my heart.
    Oof, that sure is scary stuff.
    I got a peritonitis as a teenager due to a chronic appendix infection (carried that one for years, sporadically had severe stomach pains for 3 days, then it was gone).
    Doc said that I had been a goner if the had hesitated to open me up for one night.

So you got C19 behind you? Congrats. Any serious effects or did you end up being one of the lucky ones?

Quote Originally Posted by Granyala View Post
    Oof, that sure is scary stuff.
    I got a peritonitis as a teenager due to a chronic appendix infection (carried that one for years, sporadically had severe stomach pains for 3 days, then it was gone).
    Doc said that I had been a goner if the had hesitated to open me up for one night.

So you got C19 behind you? Congrats. Any serious effects or did you end up being one of the lucky ones?
    Well my wallet went into a coma does that count? Independent contractor at a warehouse for half my income = No sick time = Having to pay people to cover my shift.

About a month and I still got a sever cough when I wake up and when I am subject to sever temperature changes because of my asthma
    Took about 2 weeks after fever went away to actually get back most of my stamina.
    It was the most sick I have ever been from a virus. I even worked through severe flu, but this I could not even try to work.

I am worried about my lungs, have a plan visit in a month to check it out. There is no way i wasn't damaged, it just feels like it. After 40+ years of asthma you just know when something is wrong. Like a car that starts acting weird. could be just freaking out but going to check it out.

I just hope this thing doesn't keep mutating to the point having a prior strain only gives you a minor bump in protection instead of a major one.

Hopefully I get in on the next round of shots having asthma, but i might still be too "young".
    Thankfully our source of infection, my dad, got his first shot already.

Buh Byeeeeeeeeeeee !!

10+ Year Old Account
    How are vaccine roll outs going?

We (where I work - through a state wide agency for long term care) a week ago we'd be scheduled for the shot. Workers first then patients/clients/residents but more or less at the same time. This is already after delays. Some people been able to get their first shot but that number is extremely low. There's lots of confusion and questions. Could get it next week could get it who knows when - that's just the first dose. Less than 1% of hospital workers have gotten their second and have direct access. The whole thing is sort of in limbo right now.

edit: did some research immediately after posting. Apparently we're waiting on another shipment to come in, should be on its ways but the process isn't efficient at all. First shipment was when we got notified but the doses were distributed the way the state said they would be...and they are all gone. They are being spread so thin that it's likely the location they are sent to used them up before appointments could be processed ie if you're sending 100 doses to a Walgreens you're going to have a hard time stopping at least the pharmaceutical department and their family from getting shots first.
    Last edited by PACOX; 2021-01-16 at 11:00 PM.

Resident Cosplay Progressive

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Easo View Post
    At this point Israel has vaccinated whole risk group, but I have not seen reports about deaths there @Gaidax, wanna help out?
    I think there was one another, but seems unrelated.

- - - Updated - - -

We're 2 million people in already, there is an odd case of allergic reaction here and there and couple cases of deaths, but there is no clear link for the latter ones.

I'm hoping I'll get my vaccine in February. They are now starting to offer it to 45 yo+, so I imagine somewhere in February my age group will start getting it too.

10+ Year Old Account
    Land of human potential (and non-toxic masculinity)
    Here in Poland people calculated that if you are in 18-30 bracket and don't have access to vaccine because your job you will be vaccinated as soon as....2025. Nice one. Its going so insanely slow that they will probably end up in vicious circle of re-vaccinating medical staff/oldies all over.

Quote Originally Posted by Arrashi View Post
    Here in Poland people calculated that if you are in 18-30 bracket and don't have access to vaccine because your job you will be vaccinated as soon as....2025. Nice one. Its going so insanely slow that they will probably end up in vicious circle of re-vaccinating medical staff/oldies all over.
    I wonder if the vaccine will even work like that... given the mutation rate isn't the best case scenario at this point it being a seasonal shot?

Quote Originally Posted by Vegas82 View Post
    Got some evidence these mutations nullify the current vaccines?
    Seems it depends on the mutation.

https://www.cell.com/
    https://www.cell.com/cell/pdf/S0092-...%2930877-1.pdf

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Krakan View Post
    I wonder if the vaccine will even work like that... given the mutation rate isn't the best case scenario at this point it being a seasonal shot?
    Moderna said that you might want another booster after one year.

I do think it will be seasonal thing like flu, probably taken alongside, at least next 2-3 years.