Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    I'd love to see an afterlife for those in search for knowledge. I remember when I played the expansion to Skyrim - Dragonborn, where you had Hermaeus Mora who wanted to know everything and I'd love to see what Blizzards take on that would be.

Maybe combine it with people who went mad in search of arcane knowledge lost forever?

I wouldn't mind a zone with several very different areas (like a jungle, large lake, plains, etc) that is an after life for hunters. Don't really want another zone that is essential to the meta-cosmic fate of the shadowlands, just a fun zone for geared towards the after life of a group of people. If done differently than mechagon a mechanical afterlife zone could be fun too.
    Quote Originally Posted by Xarim View Post
    It's a strange and illogical world where not wanting your 10 year old daughter looking at female-identifying pre-op penises at the YMCA could feasibly be considered transphobic.

Quote Originally Posted by Nynax View Post
    now I'm thinking Oribos could have been way more interesting as an Afterlife Administrative Mega-metropolis where the souls of unremarkable rule followers and day laborers end up....to continue as day laborers in the management of souls in and out of Shadowlands. Instead of a singular omnificent Arbiter.
    I know right? It'd be so much more fun to see the restless trying to barter their way back into the world of the living... ah well, could still be added in some form.
    This is a signature of an ailing giant, boundless in pride, wit and strength.
    Yet also as humble as health and humor permit.

Furthermore, I consider that Carthage Slam must be destroyed.

I also want to check out normieland, the ones so far are soo niche, and unrelated but I hate ravendreath as a zone and a concept, the inhabitants are ugly, arrogant and stupid to boot.

They can't even balance the current ones. Only touch these cursed things once they pull the cord.

Quote Originally Posted by Daronokk View Post
    Forgot to add, but Orcs, Tauren and Trolls actually have a lot of lore surrounding their afterlife. So why aren't we seeing it? We see plenty of Orc and Tauren spirits, Cairne even included, but now we don't see where they went?
    Because their afterlife isn't part of the system to keep the Shadowlands working, like the 4 zones.
    Goodbye-Forever-MMO-Champ
    Quote Originally Posted by HighlordJohnstone View Post
    Alleria's whispers start climaxing

Quote Originally Posted by Darththeo View Post
    "imprisoned in the Maw" doesn't make sense if it was his realm always. They never reference the Maw as "his realm." Unlike what they do for the others.

- - - Updated - - -

That is a reference to the Fae Theater trope in Fantasy.
    It most certainly makes sense if he was the jailer. They stripped him of his power over the realm by imprisoning him. It's almost certainly what was implied. He would be called the jailed not the jailer. The whole premise of him suddenly becoming a "jailer" after being sent to the maw as you claim makes absolutely no sense as why would he be the one to do that if he was against their wishes to begin with. Even the quote from the Primus doesn't say he wasn't the Jailer before he was "bound" there, it simply states that he would forever be the Jailer. More than likely it was much like Hades is depicted in multiple works being unhappy with his position and doing something against the others just that this time they actually made sure this Hades version was kept in his hole after he went there. More than likely the same way we go out of the maw was(and possibly is) usable by the pantheon hence he knew about it and was shocked it reacted to our PC. The "binding" was simply cutting off his access to the exit point.

Much less saying he can't be imprisoned there if it was his own realm is nonsense as many characters and real life people have been imprisoned in their own homes/lands. Ever heard of house arrest? Hell I think even Beast in Beauty and The Beast was imprisoned in his own castle by the spell.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Darkeon View Post
    They can't even balance the current ones. Only touch these cursed things once they pull the cord.
    Unless you're mythic/high pvp level skill, they're fairly balanced with maybe 1 per spec being just garbo from what I've seen. Even 6% isn't going to be a big deal for 75% of the players as those percentages are at perfect execution.
    Last edited by ohwell; 2021-01-17 at 03:05 AM.

Would like to a place for the greedy. Pirates, goblins, thiefs etc. Its just a free for all place where people steal from others constantly. Amassing wealth is what earns you fame in this area. But also makes you a bigger target. The Cartel Ta would be a major faction in this area. The ones that pull the strings.

Would also like to see normieland.

Quote Originally Posted by Haidaes View Post
    I'm not so sure about that. The quests imply that usually people that manage to atone for their sins get turned into venthyr instead. In fact most of the references in regards to switching afterlives seem to make it out to be exeedingly rare, as the whole "arbiter knows best" mantra is deeply rooted in all the shadowlands cultures.
    I literally just did the quest chain for The Avowed faction, and in the starting text of "Ritual of Judgement" quest you have following description:
    "After all rituals of absolution are complete, each soul must face its final judgment in Revendreth. There are three potential verdicts: If proven unworthy, it is condemned to the Maw for eternity. If fully absolved of its sins, it is either elevated to a venthyr or returned to the Arbiter to be assigned its new destination. Our most sacred ritual, the judgment, determines this fate. One such ritual is happening now. I will disguise you and we will participate to ensure a just verdict."

Also, to Revendreth go the heavy sinners. If people were just a bit greedy, or just, lets say, interested in wealth management, I don't see any reason for Arbiter to send them to Revendreth. If that was the case then I guess all the drunkards would go there instead of Valhalla.

3+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by oderon View Post
    Also, to Revendreth go the heavy sinners. If people were just a bit greedy, or just, lets say, interested in wealth management, I don't see any reason for Arbiter to send them to Revendreth. If that was the case then I guess all the drunkards would go there instead of Valhalla.
    How about your everyday person who'd be rather nice, but just have anger issues?
    I don't play WoW anymore smh.

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    I'd want a tropical afterlife. Nice sandy area where you can relax under the shade of a palm tree.

15+ Year Old Account
    A covenant for all the fornicators.
    Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    i've said i'd like to have one of those bad dragon dildos shaped like a horse, because the shape is nicer than human.
    Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    i was talking about horse cock again, told him to look at your sig.

We need one where everyone just becomes farmers.
    Honestly, one based on each of the seven deadly sins would work or some of them.

Trying to balance all these would be a nightmare.

Elemental and Arcane stuff is needed imo. So a plane for Shamans and perhaps something specifically aquatic for all those Murlocs and Turtles that didn't make it to the water. Also would love to see a huge library/Karazhan like zone for those who dedicated themselves to the study/pursuit of magic.

Finally, would love to the Dragon Isles be a thing in the Shadowlands. Like the troll afterlife but for Dragons. I reeeeally want to meet Neltharion and Malygos as uncorrupted spirits.
    Quote Originally Posted by cubby View Post
    The only lies here are the bullshit coming from you. RBG appears to be immortal.

Quote Originally Posted by Bwonsamdi the Dead View Post
    Even on men?
    Especially on men.

I wouldn't add another covenant personally, though I would like to see a "pseudo-covenant" that has structure and rewards like covenants, but simplified and open to all covenants. In a shellnut: I want patch zones to have reps with covenant-level rewards like good mounts and full well-designed mog sets.

For afterlives and extra zones, I'd love to see Thros for one, and I'm interested in the once-mentioned Craftenium. A crafting-themed and possibly mechanical afterlife sounds like a really cool concept like Mechanus from D&D. I've also heard "what if" ideas that the Dragon Isles is really a dragon afterlife, which could be neat. And of course the Broker's home plane (if it's not already Craftenium).

Basically, offer me cool mog sets and stuff, and continue to scratch my D&D/Planescape itch like Shadowlands has been doing so far, and I'll be a happy camper.
    Last edited by Skeppio; 2021-01-17 at 06:28 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Claymore View Post
    I've genuinely been having a blast with Shadowlands, but I gotta be honest; I feel like the Covenant choices are a little boring, other than Venthyr.

I *LOVE* Bastion and Ardenweald, both are gorgeous zones! But they also feel a bit "safe". I've been particularly disappointed with how the Night Fae have been presented; I'm pretty familiar with how "the Fae" are presented in other forms of media, and I was hoping to see a more sexed-up, ultra-violent, deceitful interpretation of them. Instead, they're really just "playful little fairy tricksters".

But past expansions have shown that Blizzard often adds entirely new zones to the game, and I expect Shadowlands will do the same. I'd be surprised if we saw another Covenant choice, but honestly I would love the addition, provided it's something cool and thematically unique!

So what kind of "afterlife" would you bring to the game? And what style of Covenant would you see accompanying it?
    Look at the flight path leve for Oribos, there are two additional points where we could have a path. Sha afterlife? Something with snowy mountains?

1. I think the Mawsworn should be a covenant
    2. I think that after renown 40, you should be able to multi covenant on a single toon.

Challenge Mode : Play WoW like my disability has me play:
    You will need two people, Brian MUST use the mouse for movement/looking and John MUST use the keyboard for casting, attacking, healing etc.
    Briand and John share the same goal, same intentions - but they can't talk to each other, however they can react to each other's in game activities.
    Now see how far Brian and John get in WoW.

7+ Year Old Account
    Valhalla

i rly don't want the shamans or ancestors afterlife, so they don't screw up, valhala they can at least copy with the halls of valor

Quote Originally Posted by Spacewalrus2010 View Post
    Would like to a place for the greedy. Pirates, goblins, thiefs etc. Its just a free for all place where people steal from others constantly. Amassing wealth is what earns you fame in this area. But also makes you a bigger target. The Cartel Ta would be a major faction in this area. The ones that pull the strings.

Would also like to see normieland.
    Greedy people go to Revendreth.
    But, there could be a Broker realm, where entities trade and showcase their captures on an auction, sort of thing, for the highest bidder.

Quote Originally Posted by Puupi View Post
    A covenant for all the fornicators.
    That is considered a sin. so, most likely, they go to Revendreth.

Quote Originally Posted by Logwyn View Post
    We need one where everyone just becomes farmers.
    Honestly, one based on each of the seven deadly sins would work or some of them.

Trying to balance all these would be a nightmare.
    The sins of Revendreth of each Medallion seems to be based off of the Roman Catholic Seven Deadly Sins, and likewise the Ritual of Absolution in the Halls of Atonement seems to be a spin on the Sacrament of Reconciliation (Confession), given a soul must willingly confess their sins and want redemption in order for their sins to be released from them properly.

Quote Originally Posted by Derpleton View Post
    Elemental and Arcane stuff is needed imo. So a plane for Shamans and perhaps something specifically aquatic for all those Murlocs and Turtles that didn't make it to the water. Also would love to see a huge library/Karazhan like zone for those who dedicated themselves to the study/pursuit of magic.

Finally, would love to the Dragon Isles be a thing in the Shadowlands. Like the troll afterlife but for Dragons. I reeeeally want to meet Neltharion and Malygos as uncorrupted spirits.
    Elementals go to the Elemental Planes.
    Dragons, as seen with Ysera, probably go to the different realms of the Shadowlands. If i had to guess, Neltharion went to, either, the Maw or Revendreth, and Malygos to Bastion.

Dragon Isles would, probably, be the next expansion.

As for Arcane, it seems Bastion represents it but, i don't know how much it delves into the whole time and illusion of arcane. To me, it feels more like a Priest covenant.

Quote Originally Posted by Syegfryed View Post
    Valhalla

i rly don't want the shamans or ancestors afterlife, so they don't screw up, valhala they can at least copy with the halls of valor
    If you, already, have Halls of Valor and Helheim, what more could they add?