Page 6 of 14 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by odamienskii View Post
    but....you cant get the rank if your not friendly because nobody wants to play with you, game skill means little/nothing its all about the social skill.

Ive seen it first hand, ive played with "the best" the community has to offer and im gonna be honest, they wasnt all that great! but they had a great laugh and it was all jokes. im the opposite.

you get far in this game by being fun to be around which is what will get you that consistent premade which i never had which is exactly what i needed to go to my true potential for my ability in the actual game not considering the social side.

im done anyway, thanks for listening.
    So you're Dunning–Kruger the Raider with the sociability of curdled milk?

10+ Year Old Account
    and by your point you also point out that there are going to be players 80% amazingly social and 20% gameskill, that sucks for people like me, really really sucks because i know they arent half the player i am, these guys are exactly what i call.....fake gods. not good at the actual game just have better social skills, de hell is this game? game of skill, na..... one giant popularity contest.
    It's true, knowing the right people is a huge thing in this game, that's unfortunately not something you can get past. It's a game where you rely on other people to get far, so the best way to get far is by actually knowing the people well enough that they want to take you, as well as you them, through the higher content.
    Mostly if you're new at the game, the best thing to do is to pug and hope you find a group you like, set friendships and initialise constant conversation with them without stepping on the "i'm annoying you" border. Offer them some keys to do with you or some, maybe start asking if they know a group or so to get along with.
    It's about getting to know the right people, who through them you can get to know other people to push higher, who through them you can get enough rating to find an even higher group, with which you'll stick because they're super fun people to be with.

This has kind of always been the case, just now it's more prominent than ever before.

Basically the content that is "higher up" is all content you have to to do with -other- people. And well, you need to know the people to do it with them.
    It's a shame that Shadowlands killed PvE twinking. Still I enjoy the game.
    Endgame: Main, Alt

Quote Originally Posted by Thestrawman View Post
    Holy shit OP realized their own problem. We're in uncharted territory people. CODE RED!
    i knew this anyway lol

im just moaning about how crap you all are while giggling with your virtual friends, you aint nothing in comparison to me in terms of game skill, your just more fun to be around, congratulations you made a virtual friend 600 miles away! big gz so you form a premade of mediocre players and climb up the rankings due to CONSISTENCY that a premade brings and believe that your actually good at the game but your not, its not you that got that world rank, its not your ability, its your premades consistency boost.

which is why whenever i play with top world players i am nearly always left thinking, how the hell is this guy so high ranked.

aWW yOU hAVE nO fRIENDS

the irony.

aww you have no skill and need a boost from blizzard and your mediocre chums in a premade to get a score i can get while PUGGING.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Calfredd View Post
    So you're Dunning–Kruger the Raider with the sociability of curdled milk?
    dno just typing, my frustration tank has almost emptied il be gone soon

thank you to all the people that i have insulted, felt good.

time to begin them plans for the chicken coop im going to build that will replace the time i would of spent playing wow for a short time at least.

anyone used to play 16 hours a day? what did you do to make up the time? sims got boring pretty quickly ngl.
    Last edited by odamienskii; 2021-01-17 at 08:24 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    After reading this thread I have come to a few conclusions.

First off, this whole thing really dose sound like a coy attempt at a humble brag, but we will ignore this for now.

Your first issue seems to be that their is some amount of players under your skill level, competing in the same field as you, and not matching up to your level of skill, and lastly some of these players like blame their lack of skill on other factors other then their personal failings. To this I would point out that yes as it turns out their will inevitably be players under your skill level, just as their are some that are over your level. I will give you the benefit of the doubt for now and say that your aren't the type of person to hand out your own set of excuses when someone above your level looks down on you, and you admit to your own failings, and it would appear that you have at least tried to join a higher/faster progressing guild or group at some point but where unsuccessful in doing so.

With all this in mind I will point out 3 things, first off finding a group of like minded AND like skilled players is a very challenging endeavor in any game, regardless of how good you think you are, there will always be someone better, who can be thinking the same thing as you "Why isn't this person on my level? It's not THAT hard to be where I am." Second even having a team of like skilled players doesn't always mean you are guarantied to progress, nor dose it mean you are not at least somewhat to blame for said failure to advance, because just looking at raw solid numbers won't always show actual contribution. Lastly if you are indeed "To good" for the player base of your progression level, but are also somehow locked out from the better groups purely due to "missing the boat", then I'm sad to say you may find this same problem no mater where you go because most MMO's worth looking into will already be mid roll as well currently.

The second thing you seem to be wondering is why the relatively small sample size of people below you aren't as adamant about putting in the effort to get on the same level as you. First off if I read correctly you do seem put in a fairly large chunk of time in the game every day, something that can't be asked of everyone. Second, some people will just flat out be unable to reach some thresholds, as odd as it sounds, their are people who struggle to finish RF and M+0. As for your top 10% threshold, as the % itself says, you are only ever going to see about 10-11%~ of the people this game has to offer at your preferred skill. now take into consideration that some of them just play with guildies/friends, some you will never see because they are on the other faction, and some consider your top 10% a bad skill level and won't play with you because they only play with top 8% or top 3% ect. With all this you begin to see why your not just falling into a group of people that meet all of your needs... give it time, or lower your standards and accept a slower rise in the ranks.

Lastly I feel I should point out that you say the game is to easy as it stands, but as others have pointed out you aren't even fully cleared in Heroic yet, much less mythic, so saying the game is easy and you are just to good is kind of over selling your skill... But ohh well, I hope you find the greener fields you are looking for, As for myself I find as more time passes, and fights keep growing in complexity, I have less and less drive to learn yet another set of challenges, and instead am content to just do it on Normal or LFR and call it good. If I really want AotC I do still have some friends who raid heroic/mythic, and they are always nice enough to drag me along for an alt raid night, and I can usually pick up the achievement just before the next patch that way.
    Last edited by Whitedragon; 2021-01-17 at 08:48 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Shinela View Post
    It's a game where you rely on other people to get far
    who would have thought that is a thing in MMORPG, right?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lolites View Post
    who would have thought that is a thing in MMORPG, right?
    A big shock, I have to say. Took me totally off-guard, and I don't think I'll ever sleep again!
    It's a shame that Shadowlands killed PvE twinking. Still I enjoy the game.
    Endgame: Main, Alt

Quote Originally Posted by Whitedragon View Post
    First off, this whole thing really dose sound like a coy attempt at a humble brag, but we will ignore this for now.
    humble brag? this guy literaly said his skill is unparaleled, while he is only 6/10 hc and not yet even keystone master...
    there is nothing humble about his braging, he is average joe thinking he is best...

10+ Year Old Account
    i knew this anyway lol

im just moaning about how crap you all are while giggling with your virtual friends, you aint nothing in comparison to me in terms of game skill, your just more fun to be around, congratulations you made a virtual friend 600 miles away! big gz so you form a premade of mediocre players and climb up the rankings due to CONSISTENCY that a premade brings and believe that your actually good at the game but your not, its not you that got that world rank, its not your ability, its your premades consistency boost.

which is why whenever i play with top world players i am nearly always left thinking, how the hell is this guy so high ranked.

aWW yOU hAVE nO fRIENDS

the irony.

aww you have no skill and need a boost from blizzard and your mediocre chums in a premade to get a score i can get while PUGGING.
    And then I see this, and yes I am fully assured that this is indeed a humble brag attempt, to which I will just say unless you are filling out spots 1-10 on the world first leaderboards your just as shit as the rest of us. stop lying to yourself now and you might be able to make some friends to reach the higher ranks. Turns out you will never be anything in an MMO without consistent players to play with, no matter how "Leet" you think you are you will never hold a top spot without them virtual friends, and as it turns out social skills are also a skill needed to go far, sadly for you we don't have a website to track how you are doing on that front...

humble brag? this guy literaly said his skill is unparaleled, while he is only 6/10 hc and not yet even keystone master...
    there is nothing humble about his braging, he is average joe thinking he is best...
    Ya after reading his later posts, it really is funny "I'm not looking to pat myself on the back, but I'm pugging the easier half of heroic raiding and I am beating some (not all) of the people I play with". I wonder does he go to the people who are outplaying him and apologize for bringing them down? surely if he is so put out by people wasting his time, he truly must feel sorry for toughs doing better then him....
    Last edited by Whitedragon; 2021-01-17 at 08:39 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    I've always raided for fashion.
    /s

Quote Originally Posted by Shinela View Post
    A big shock, I have to say. Took me totally off-guard, and I don't think I'll ever sleep again!
    right?
    i especialy love how he was in world top 100 in BFA (on other character, that he happen to mention only when we find out his character is shit, that happens to be the same race, clas, spec and realm) and he achieved that previous expansion, but somehow in this expansion his social skill get so bad he cant find people to "achieve his potential" so he is only some 2700th or so...
    sounds totaly plausible and not like he is average player showing off someones else character...

I have a couple problems with the OPs post.

First of all its a healing parse and it's easy to get a high parse and doesn't really reflect how good you are. All it looks at is HPS and if you constantly overheal you get a higher parse. For a healer you have to combine it with your DPS parse.

The next thing is that resto druid isn't that popular in the raid so there's less competition which means it's easier to get a higher parse. For a resto shami or disc priest it's a lot harder to get a high parse because the top guilds in the world play these specs and pump insane numbers.

Also parses aren't the top thing to look at. Some classes are very dependend on specific stats so even the parse based on ilvl can be misleading. In addition there are a lot of random mechanics in most fights that can affect your parse. If you get lucky and don't need to do the balls in the Darkvein fight or the the flasks or bring the add to the tanks, you will parse a lot higher because you have a higher uptime on the boss. If you're the designated seed carry in Xymox, all your parses will be bad because you're running a lot and can't do damage/healing.

Im not sure OP has an actual point.

But happy venting

Ya after reading his later posts, it really is funny "I'm not looking to pat myself on the back, but I'm pugging the easier half of heroic raiding and I am beating some (not all) of the people I play with". I wonder does he go to the people who are outplaying him and apologize for bringing them down? surely if he is so put out for people wasting his time he truly must feel sorry for toughs doing better then him....
    yeah he is barely hc raider with ego of world first race winner, already have him in ignore, i have better, more interesting things to do than read his bullshit...
    like watching paint dry

After reading this thread I have come to a few conclusions.

Your first issue seems to be that their is some amount of players under your skill level, competing in the same field as you, and not matching up to your level of skill, and lastly some of these players like blame their lack of skill on other factors other then their personal failings. To this I would point out that yes as it turns out their will inevitably be players under your skill level, just as their are some that are over your level. I will give you the benefit of the doubt for now and say that your aren't the type of person to hand out your own set of excuses when someone above your level looks down on you, and you admit to your own failings, and it would appear that you have at least tried to join a higher/faster progressing guild or group at some point but where unsuccessful in doing so.

With all this in mind I will point out 3 things, first off finding a group of like minded AND like skilled players is a very challenging endeavor in any game, regardless of how good you think you are, there will always be someone better so who can be thinking the same thing as you "Why isn't this person on my level? It's not THAT hard to be where I am." Second even having a team of like skilled players doesn't always mean you are guarantied to progress, nor dose it mean you are not at least somewhat to blame for said failure to advance, because just looking at raw solid numbers won't always show actual contribution. Lastly if you are indeed "To good" for the player base of your progression level, but are also somehow locked out from the better groups purely due to "missing the boat", then I'm sad to say you may find this same problem no mater where you go because most MMO's worth looking into will already be mid roll as well currently.

The second thing you seem to be wondering is why the relatively small sample size of people below you aren't as adamant about putting in the effort to get on the same level as you. First off if I read correctly you do seem put in a fairly large chunk of time in the game every day, something that can't be asked of everyone. Second, some people will just flat out be unable to reach some thresholds, as odd as it sounds, their are people who struggle to finish RF and M+0. As for your top 10% threshold, as the % itself says, you are only ever going to see about 10-11%~ of the people this game has to offer at your preferred skill. now take into consideration that some of them just play with guildies/friends, some you will never see because they are on the other faction, and some consider your top 10% a bad skill level and won't play with you because they only play with top 8% or top 3% ect. With all this you begin to see why your not just falling into a group of people that meet all of your needs... give it time, or lower your standards and accept a slower rise in the ranks.

Lastly I feel I should point out that you say the game is to easy as it stands, but as others have pointed out you aren't even fully cleared in Heroic yet, much less mythic, so saying the game is easy and you are just to good is kind of over selling your skill... But ohh well, I hope you find the greener fields you are looking for, As for myself I find as more time passes, and fights keep growing in complexity, I have less and less drive to learn yet another set of challenges, and instead am content to just do it on Normal or LFR and call it good. If I really want AotC I do still have some friends who raid heroic/mythic, and they are always nice enough to drag me along for an alt raid night, and I can usually pick up the achievement just before the next patch that way.
    bingo buddy. here is my issue i will try and be as clear as i can be without waffle.

i KNOW what im capable of.

i am capable of world 10, easily. if you think im not capable of joining a top world guild and clearing mythic raids in a few weeks then you havent been paying attention. people who arent that good naturally will shut down any suggestion that someone is better than them, sorry guys, i am better than you if you find mythic raiding hard. no ifs or buts. the reaosn i dont raid or join a mythic raid guild is not due to skill or lack of, its due to raiding feeling like a job to me with no reward and no enjoyment. there used to be a time when i felt like i achieved something when i killed a raid boss, as time went on if that hasnt dissapeared for you yet then trust me....it will. once you master moving from point a to point b and using a defensive for that 40 second timer you realise its all the same just with a different skin.

i cannot put into words the things i see, i was 6k bfa which was an embarrassing score for me, now imagine how many depleted keys i had to run to get that score, 6k pugging. ripped key after ripped key after ripped key untill finally the stars alligned and each of the players in the pug was wow....actually good enough, good job guys this is amazing, what is this! that was so easy! yes. its easy when the party is good. you would not believe the difference.

i will never forget the time i went 22maw and it was really easy, shocking how easy it was the party was great, all defensives on point, self heals, mechanics perfect, absolute piece of cake! next key i went to a 15 maw with 4 russians, we could not kill the 2nd boss because they did not know how to interupt, even though we wiped twice and i told them both times you cant just ignore interupts the boss does ticking damage that is impossible to heal, if the party is good the game is easy.

What i needed was a party of good players. so we can push, now there will come a point when that party of good players reaches there ceiling, thats when the fun starts, the trying things, the new routes, the theorycrafting. the new ideas, the part of the game i want to be in, a trendsetter doing things no other team in the world has done. thats what i want. thats where i want to be. you think i would be raging at the first depleted key? think again. i only rage at the crappers who arent even close to the level needed and dont belong so yes you are right.

I cant get there or anywhere close while playing with what feels like them russians in +15 maw. if somehow the stars allign and we get through a key by luck? these guys now think they are good.when i can still remember the time i had to cover there lack of a defensive or the time i saved incap incase a hardcast wasnt dealt with, the party wasted there stuns resulting in me saving mine being a lifesaver. i pre see soooo damn much and the party i am in are oblivious that they just got boosted by me.

bfa was a hellshow, i was so frustrated all the time, just praying i meet some good players, i never did.

i used to have a checklist of requirements of people i would add to my bnet
    1- basic mechanics knowledge
    2- interupts, what are they interupting are they focusing the right spells? (example waterblast in shrine over protection when we can dispel)
    3- utility usage, are they using there aoe cc, what about darkness is the dh pre using darkness when there is a big aoe so i can do some damage?
    4- self healing, does the priest understand when damage is incoming too? is he pre shielding? what about vampiric embrace when is he using that, when needed? or on cd to pump up his overall hps.
    5- consumables, do the players use consumables, dps pots which could be the difference between in time or not? what about scrolls? mans be rocking up to +27 keys saying "want to push" not caring that they dont have 1000 primary stat buff, but they have a flask 300 primary stat flask! big brains.
    6- attitude, are they chilled (ironic i know)
    7- damage

if they ticked all these boxes i would whisper them telling them i can see how good they are and would they be interested in teaming up in future as id like to push high, most accepted the offer but then came the next challenge

1) they were usually in a premade
    2) they were usually selfish only interested in playing keys they needed, if i managed to get a couple of them in a party and we timed it, if one did not need the next key he would "have dinner now"
    3) if i manage to get a party together no tank. so many times, 3 EXCEPTIONAL dps....no tank
    4) as soon as a key depletes one of them would "have dinner now"

now i get ppl have dinner, thats cool, but when your saying "yeah i have a few hours" before the key starts, then all of a sudden have dinner, its a bit obvious that you arent cut out for high level progress pushing.

so yeah, i tried, and i tried, and i failed!

this expansion i gave up before it got that far.

im not stupid to keep trying the same thing repeatidly and expected a different result, the community is average, and they are happy being average. they are proud of being average and they think average is good. thats fine i accepted it and have left them too it, one day the time will come when they realise, holy crap that guy that was going on a pointless rage was right all along in everything he said.

- - - Updated - - -

yeah he is barely hc raider with ego of world first race winner, already have him in ignore, i have better, more interesting things to do than read his bullshit...
    like watching paint dry
    surprised you came back after you made yourself look like a fool in the last comment mate.

"cONVENIENT hOW yOU sAY yOUR aNUVVA dRUID wHEN yOU sED yOU wAS wON b4 hAHA"

yeah, they are linked, next.
    Last edited by odamienskii; 2021-01-17 at 09:01 AM.

surprised you came back after you made yourself look like a fool in the last comment mate.

"cONVENIENT hOW yOU sAY yOUR aNUVVA dRUID wHEN yOU sED yOU wAS wON b4 hAHA"

yeah, they are linked, next.
    You're the guy that linked a subpar character and when people called you out for it, you told them to look up another character. If you were as good as you claim you are surely you'd link the character that could back up your trash talk. So who is really the fool?

Just look at the users on this forum. A good chunk of them are Twitter #gamers.

You're the guy that linked a subpar character and when people called you out for it, you told them to look up another character. If you were as good as you claim you are surely you'd link the character that could back up your trash talk. So who is really the fool?
    You and your mate, they are linked. doofus.

- - - Updated - - -

Moojuv
    Alt of swiftiq, helloooo ? ever been on radier io website? why are you here?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Stardrift View Post
    Just look at the users on this forum. A good chunk of them are Twitter #gamers.
    oh they can make a twitter account, holy crap im in awe, so good.

i mean, comment "boostme" in twitch after follow for free chance for us to boost you! so hard to create a fake following.

boosting there popularity so they can do better in the game, as i said before, this game is a popularity contest more than it is about skill, i watch some of the top streamers and players and i find it hilarious how average they are in some cases, moadmoad, praised like a god, he ruined one of my buddies underot key prepatch on his own didnt accept responsibility for it blamed my buddy, guys a god is he? a true gamer? hes a fake like most the rest of them, just popular through twitch and seen as a god because hes better than the majority of everyone.

Players like those that couldnt solo taughast will see me as a god because i did it as a resto druid first attempt no deaths. just cyclone the elites guys untill the rest are dead then single fight the elite. such a hard game, had to cry to blizzard untill they nerfed it.

The real good gamers dont need fans

bUT i wANT tO sEE tHE cONTENT tOO

NO, you want to feel like your as good as those that actually are good so need a handout. crappers.

"iM a sTREAMER" is no different to "iM a bOOSTER fOR nOVA" these kind make me god damn sick trying to portray they are something they really are not.

I dispise them! do you know why? i am legit. dont need no fake following or some fake mantle to know.
    Last edited by odamienskii; 2021-01-17 at 09:24 AM.

but....you cant get the rank if your not friendly because nobody wants to play with you, game skill means little/nothing its all about the social skill.
    Everything in life requires basic social skills, even the most prestigious of jobs requires a small amount. You cannot expect to achieve much without an uphill battle if you are abrasive with people. It does not matter if it is in-game or out of the game, people are social creatures. So it's no wonder you cannot "get the rank". Having that kind of poor attitude is something most guild leaders would naturally avoid to keep unneeded drama out of their guild.

Perhaps making your own guild of like-minded people whose soul desire nothing more than achieving a higher standard of raiding, all while avoiding making friends in a virtual world as it would be a pointless waste of time, could be more fruitful instead of coming to a social forum to start a barely concealed bait post?
    Quote Originally Posted by Boubouille View Post
    Have you seen my posts over the past few days? You should be asking yourself why I'm alive, not why I don't have friends.
    Change is inevitable, Growth is optional.

It is quite easy to parse good numbers if your group is good. I'll never get over 90% when my guild group make encounter last twice as much as avg clear.

This is the only time I ever raided:

https://www.warcraftlogs.com/charact...13&partition=1

I consider myself casual.