Page 9 of 14 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by odamienskii View Post
    yeah not gonna lie thats kinda why i never bothered with dps logs as healer, i went full dps 1 raid in resto spec ranked like world 3 or something, nothing to be proud of when there was legit only 3 people that did that i was bottom of 3. no pride or competition in it, its fake.

- - - Updated - - -

you have a point, doesnt sound good at all. what dont you get about the game within the game comment? i was bored, competing in logs was what kept it interesting for me.

first thing i would ask. whos logging, i wouldnt log myself incase it effected my framerates/connection.

just because your struggling having a hard time reacting to the 40 second timer unless its called doesnt mean everyone else is mate.

that one always makes me laugh "wHERE wAS tHE cALL" what on the 40 second timer on dbm that ticks down and grows big? WHERE WAS THE CALL! hilarious.
    what do you mean you were bored? You aren't even playing the game. You did the first half of heroic and played in a bad way to game the system and inflate your hps numbers. If you're bored then play the harder bosses, do mythic.

You are here saying "I'm so good look at my numbers and I'm not even trying" but you look at the wrong numbers. The full data is

- you were fighting the easy half of the raid

- you were playing in a bad group

- you were padding your numbers because you were bored but you are also not pushing yourself into content that isn't boring.

So what exactly does that make you? You want to feel like a big guy while sitting at the kids table.

10+ Year Old Account
    @OP

I am 100% HC, get to my level, then talk.

https://www.warcraftlogs.com/charact...e#difficulty=4

KEKW

PS. Some raging Heroic PuG Hero thinks he's some big boi. Typical MMO-C. Can't make this shit up.

Good thread, finally someone is honest

Quote Originally Posted by Gaidax View Post
    @OP

I am 100% HC, get to my level, then talk.

https://www.warcraftlogs.com/charact...e#difficulty=4

KEKW
    awesome!

do you know what you probly dont expect? i respect you.

your exactly the kind of player i used to dream of getting in a premade of players like us. show these fake streamers what real gamers are.

il private message you my bnet il log in and you can see if you like?

- - - Updated - - -

your like a wet bogie you cant flick off.

funny thing is, why would i lie about being 15th? lol surely if i was gonna lie id say 2nd or something. 15th is a bit random.
    I only accept dms from good players. Get rank 100 and then we'll see.

awesome!

do you know what you probly dont expect? i respect you.

your exactly the kind of player i used to dream of getting in a premade of players like us. show these fake streamers what real gamers are.
    I don't think Gaidax respects you, though

Quote Originally Posted by Wuusah View Post
    he would if he played with me in a premade.

he would if he played with me in a premade.
    Who would have respect for someone who stands in fire to pad his hps numbers to feel like a good player? You are not even respecting yourself with such a playstyle

I did try, until it got to be overwhelming. I'm just tired of living by numbers in this game. Parsings, raiderio score, simming, etc, all they ever did was cause me frustration and depression over the years. All I want to do is enjoy playing my character and enjoy living in the world of Azeroth.

That's not to say I don't try whenever I do content. It's not like I AFK or anything. I do the best I can to the best of my capabilities, but I'm not going to stress out over 1% and I don't want to sacrifice enjoyment and flavor over optimization anymore. That might in fact mean I pick a covenant I like, play a spec that's not "meta", or pick a talent that just feels better in my hands even if icy-veins tells me not to, etc. I don't care what the warcraftlogs site tells you about me anymore, not that it really matters because you likely won't see me outside of heroic dungeons or LFR. I want to have fun, not get stressed.
    Last edited by Tadkins; 2021-01-17 at 11:21 AM.

Who would have respect for someone who stands in fire to pad his hps numbers to feel like a good player? You are not even respecting yourself with such a playstyle
    you really dont get it, i was bored trying to have some fun. i actually left the raid after that because i was bored. when i go to a raid i instantly feel boredom. shame on me i guess. such a bad guy.

not to mention its disrespectful to the group

I have a solution: How about, we take the 99%, and put them in the 1%?

Quote Originally Posted by Lolites View Post
    not to mention its disrespectful to the group
    yes a lot of them were moaning that there was a flying bear.

btw......so

let me get this straight

its ok

for people to come in m+

and not be good enough

but its not ok

for me to go to raids

and mess around when bored?

just typing a bit different

so you might understand.

my point.

isnt the people moaning its disrespectful being toxic too? shouldnt a player be allowed to enjoy the game? hmmmmmmmmmmmmmm bit awkward how its the same when roles are reversed only about content you care about.

you really dont get it, i was bored trying to have some fun. i actually left the raid after that because i was bored. when i go to a raid i instantly feel boredom. shame on me i guess. such a bad guy.
    maybe try to do mythic then? Don't you see how this looks? "Oh I was so bored doing this easy part of the middle difficulty raid and I was just messing around but look at how good my numbers look like. Everyone else is a scrub but me because look at those inflated numbers that I got because I was bored and gamed the system in this easy raid where I don't even try the harder bosses because I usually don't raid but I'm so good at those easy bosses, imagine how good I would be if I did the actual harder content but I don't do it because I don't raid"

Stop being a scrub and just do the harder content. Stop living in this dreamworld of yours where you are a CE raider. You are nothing until you PROVE to yourself that you can do it.

Quote Originally Posted by Tadkins View Post
    I did try, until it got to be overwhelming. I'm just tired of living by numbers in this game. Parsings, raiderio score, simming, etc, all they ever did was cause me frustration and depression over the years. All I want to do is enjoy playing my character and enjoy living in the world of Azeroth.

That's not to say I don't try whenever I do content. It's not like I AFK or anything. I do the best I can to the best of my capabilities, but I'm not going to stress out over 1% and I don't want to sacrifice enjoyment and flavor over optimization anymore. That might in fact mean I pick a covenant I like, play a spec that's not "meta", or pick a talent that just feels better in my hands even if icy-veins tells me not to, etc. I don't care what the warcraftlogs site tells you about me anymore, not that it really matters because you likely won't see me outside of heroic dungeons or LFR. I want to have fun, not get stressed.
    thats the thing mate i didnt live by ranks or rio etc, i was trying to reach the level where i actually get to enjoy the game which is top world, i mean i was playing 29 keys in bfa and they were a bit testing but they werent exactly insanely hard, who knows i could of got to 32 which were world 1 and still not found the enjoyment.

- - - Updated - - -

maybe try to do mythic then? Don't you see how this looks? "Oh I was so bored doing this easy part of the middle difficulty raid and I was just messing around but look at how good my numbers look like. Everyone else is a scrub but me because look at those inflated numbers that I got because I was bored and gamed the system in this easy raid where I don't even try the harder bosses because I usually don't raid but I'm so good at those easy bosses, imagine how good I would be if I did the actual harder content but I don't do it because I don't raid"

Stop being a scrub and just do the harder content. Stop living in this dreamworld of yours where you are a CE raider. You are nothing until you PROVE to yourself that you can do it.
    i already proved it mate thats the problem, everyone else hasnt proved to themselves so they think its make believe, when you have gone high world rank and found it easy wondering how much higher you can go before you start finding it hard it gives you a hunger to play that level to find out, but in this game you cant do that without other players of the same mindset, its impossible.

i dont claim to be the best in the world, i dont know how good i am, i just know im better than world 100 because i achieved that through pugs, in a premade of good players who played constantly destroying keys together learning together growing together i would expect at least world 30 as a minimum because i was touching in rank 100 keys in pugs without issue, or i was.

premades have so much advantage over pugs i cant even begin to explain to you how much advantage they have, the consistency alone, the time saving aspect of not signing for repeat keys over and over having to join 6 dud keys that were dead before they even began due to the level of player in the party before you find a party that is actually capable of timing.
    Last edited by odamienskii; 2021-01-17 at 11:34 AM.

When you're told constantly that you're worthless, selfish, a detriment for the group, that you don't deserve to be able to play with others and participate in a group setting, all because you want to play frost instead of fire as a mage, it gets to be a bit tiring and wears down the soul.
    Last edited by Tadkins; 2021-01-17 at 11:35 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Frankly I don't really care.

I just found it funny that a guy who does not even have AoTC and got a few decent ranks in HC, keeps making these silly threads about skill and shit.

I mean, come on man. It's like if me with my 1800 RBG rating would bemoan how PvP is not about skill anymore.

thats the point, 6million players. 100 are top world.. ppl like me are few and far between its not so easy to just go out and find top 100 rank players because thats the thing, there is only what 2000 of them when you consider each class/viable spec?

and then you have the issue that the majority of these players already have a premade, all the top players i befriended already had a premade. thats how it works. especially in bfa where a healers skill was secondary made my ability redundant / disposable it wasnt down to how good a healer was it was about how fun he was to be around. world of socialcraft, one big popularity contest.

Also there was the element of people being threatened by how well i played, i ran 10 keys with a group and they were commentating about how insane it was how flawless i had played through all the keys.

i should be proud of world 100 all things considered when i stop and think of the cards the game handed me.
    Start in a "middle of the road guild", get some 99% parses, show dedication. Then move up the guild ranks slowly, until you reach the top.
    If you've played for a long time, and you still aren't at the top compared to how you boast about your own abilities, then maybe you aren't as good as you think? It's very normal to overestimate your own skills, so don't be too hard on yourself!

Quote Originally Posted by Karlz0rz View Post
    Start in a "middle of the road guild", get some 99% parses, show dedication. Then move up the guild ranks slowly, until you reach the top.
    If you've played for a long time, and you still aren't at the top compared to how you boast about your own abilities, then maybe you aren't as good as you think? It's very normal to overestimate your own skills, so don't be too hard on yourself!
    i dont enjoy raiding mate. find it boring as hell

- - - Updated - - -

I just found it funny that a guy who does not even have AoTC and got a few decent ranks in HC, keeps making these silly threads about skill and shit.

I mean, come on man. It's like if me with my 1800 RBG rating would bemoan how PvP is not about skill anymore.
    depends, if you had glad in previous seasons and did only pvp id expect that you know what your talking about.

i only do m+ and what im saying is i cant handle another expansion of pugging because its not challenging enough for me the level that pugs fail repeatidly.

right?
    i mean my scrub guild where we consider ourselves extremely casual (hell i am ahead of guild progres with pug) is at 9/10hc, he is world top 100 player with unparaleled skill (both things he claimed despite achieving nothing even remotely close on chars he posted) and is at 6/10...