Page 72 of 77 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    The only hard part of classic is getting the motivation to even log in once you have cleared everything once.

Quote Originally Posted by Dalinos View Post
    Are you seriously entering a public forum, a public discussion, and asking "Why are you talking to me?" Don't enter the fucking discussion then, jesus christ xD
    I think it's a perfectly valid question when someone replies to you with a complete non-sequitur when nothing you said at any point had anything to do with them or any of the topics they ever discussed in any way whatsoever.

Quote Originally Posted by mhdoe View Post
    The only hard part of classic is getting the motivation to even log in once you have cleared everything once.
    Yes, because 1 MC clear awards you with Hand of Rag, Thunderfury, full T1 and all offset epics, 1 BWL clear gives you Tear, Ash'Kandi and full tier 2, and 1 Naxx clear gives you Ati'esh and full T3. Sorry, this isn't retail, which had 5 drops for 20 people. This is classic, where the boss drops 2-3 items for 40 people.

The problem seemed to be you didn't have fun in your raids. I can guarantee you banter during raids and having a good time is what's kept alot of my guildies sane during these tough times of quarantines and lockdowns around the world.

Note: my guild has 120+ rag kills from start of Classic, we have yet to see Eye of Sulfuras drop. We've made 5 Thunderfurys though, so meh.

Yes, because 1 MC clear awards you with Hand of Rag, Thunderfury, full T1 and all offset epics, 1 BWL clear gives you Tear, Ash'Kandi and full tier 2, and 1 Naxx clear gives you Ati'esh and full T3. Sorry, this isn't retail, which had 5 drops for 20 people. This is classic, where the boss drops 2-3 items for 40 people.

The problem seemed to be you didn't have fun in your raids. I can guarantee you banter during raids and having a good time is what's kept alot of my guildies sane during these tough times of quarantines and lockdowns around the world.

Note: my guild has 120+ rag kills from start of Classic, we have yet to see Eye of Sulfuras drop. We've made 5 Thunderfurys though, so meh.
    Man mythic+ only drops 2 fucking items for the whole group for the entire 40 minute run. And it's only 210 gear! Below heroic raid ilvl for a goddamn +15 where you need to be an elite team of Navy Seals to time that shit without class stacking to the moon. So fuck me if I'm gonna be lectured about how loot is so hard to get in classic. You can literally sit there for 40 fucking hours grinding some of the hardest content to ever exist in the game and you'll get like 1-2 items that aren't even heroic level.

The nerve man. The nerve. Ya see what I mean?

Quote Originally Posted by OrcsRLame View Post
    Sorry it was Juneah. So why are you even responding to my debunking of misinformation about normal mode, with your beef about how other people talk about LFR?

Why are you even talking to me?
    Lol well okay dude. Once again, you entered a conversation where people were talking about lfr, you responded with “there are varying difficulties of lfr” and started listing fights in lfr that were raid wipers. So I responded letting you know that you’re take on lfr is irrelevant considering we are talking about lfr as a whole not the outliers that might be more difficult than others.

I honestly can’t believe I had to walk you through that.

Man mythic+ only drops 2 fucking items for the whole group for the entire 40 minute run. And it's only 210 gear! Below heroic raid ilvl for a goddamn +15 where you need to be an elite team of Navy Seals to time that shit without class stacking to the moon. So fuck me if I'm gonna be lectured about how loot is so hard to get in classic. You can literally sit there for 40 fucking hours grinding some of the hardest content to ever exist in the game and you'll get like 1-2 items that aren't even heroic level.

Mah dude, when I was Arena-ing in TBC to get Gladiator gear for my druid so I can tank in raids, cause Resilience was an amazing tanking stat to reach crit-immunity, I was getting a measly 500 arena points every week at 2,000+ rating to buy a weapon that costed 3,750 arena points. Or however much it was for 2handers, I think it was 3,750.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Synical123 View Post
    Lol well okay dude. Once again, you entered a conversation where people were talking about lfr, you responded with “there are carrying difficulties of lfr” and started listing fights in lfr that were raid wipers. So I responded letting you know that you’re take on lfr is irrelevant considering we are talking about lfr as a whole not the outliers that might be more difficult than others.

That was me, I was the one listing LFR raid-wipers, to show that from the hundreds of available bosses in LFR, only a small handful (5? 6? 8 maximum?) can actually wipe the raid with their mechanics, whereas the other 99% of LFR fights are AFK-able.

Mah dude, when I was Arena-ing in TBC to get Gladiator gear for my druid so I can tank in raids, cause Resilience was an amazing tanking stat to reach crit-immunity, I was getting a measly 500 arena points every week at 2,000+ rating to buy a weapon that costed 3,750 arena points. Or however much it was for 2handers, I think it was 3,750.
    You know what the odds are of getting a Mirror of Kalandra? Got over 7000 hours and I've never fucking seen one.

- - - Updated - - -

Lol well okay dude. Once again, you entered a conversation where people were talking about lfr, you responded with “there are varying difficulties of lfr” and started listing fights in lfr that were raid wipers. So I responded letting you know that you’re take on lfr is irrelevant considering we are talking about lfr as a whole not the outliers that might be more difficult than others.

I made 2 posts.

The first was me saying Sludgefist says hi, in response to a dude claiming normal mechanics are irrelevant.

My second post, which I actually put less thought into mind you, despite it being more words, was me explaining to someone that LFR varies by boss and tier. Which was not me making an argument, because I don't give a flying fuck about LFR. I was just sick of reading those other 2 guys talk past each other when they were obviously talking about different versions of LFR and neither of them realized it. I was trying to be fucking helpful.

But thank you. I have now been cured of my sometimes helpful syndrome. Just gonna be an asshole from now on. It's less work.

- - - Updated - - -

That was me, I was the one listing LFR raid-wipers, to show that from the hundreds of available bosses in LFR, only a small handful (5? 6? 8 maximum?) can actually wipe the raid with their mechanics, whereas the other 99% of LFR fights are AFK-able.
    You did too, but he was specifically talking about things like nzoth which is what I was responding to

- - - Updated - - -

You know what the odds are of getting a Mirror of Kalandra? Got over 7000 hours and I've never fucking seen one.

- - - Updated - - -

I made 2 posts.

The first was me saying Sludgefist says hi, in response to a dude claiming normal mechanics are irrelevant.

My second post, which I actually put less thought into mind you, despite it being more words, was me explaining to someone that LFR varies by boss and tier. Which was not me making an argument, because I don't give a flying fuck about LFR. I was just sick of reading those other 2 guys talk past each other when they were obviously talking about different versions of LFR and neither of them realized it. I was trying to be fucking helpful.

But thank you. I have now been cured of my sometimes helpful syndrome. Just gonna be an asshole from now on. It's less work.
    No problem, if you just read peoples posts next time and see what they are referring to maybe it will make your job easier and not be confused about what’s going on in the conversation.

You did too, but he was specifically talking about things like nzoth which is what I was responding to
    I listed N'zoth and WoD as examples of how LFR differs by boss and tier, trying to be helpful to get those 2 other guys to understand what the fuck they were saying to each other.

And if you wanted to talk to me about LFR, why in the sam hell did you respond to my post about normal Sludgefist instead of what I said about LFR?

- - - Updated - - -

- - - Updated - - -

No problem, if you just read peoples posts next time and see what they are referring to maybe it will make your job easier and not be confused about what’s going on in the conversation.
    Thanks man. You're a shining example of how not to speak to humans. How's the weather man? No I don't think I'll be buying car insurance thank you. But I didn't say anything about car insurance? Well you did this one time in this one other place and you're the weirdo for thinking conversations should be linear! Now I'm gonna go drown myself in bourbon to deal with the fact that I'm a colossal retard!

I listed N'zoth and WoD as examples of how LFR differs by boss and tier, trying to be helpful to get those 2 other guys to understand what the fuck they were saying to each other.

And if you wanted to talk to me about LFR, why in the sam hell did you respond to my post about normal Sludgefist instead of what I said about LFR?

- - - Updated - - -

Thanks man. You're a shining example of how not to speak to humans. How's the weather man? No I don't think I'll be buying car insurance thank you. But I didn't say anything about car insurance? Well you did this one time in this one other place and you're the weirdo for thinking conversations should be linear! Now I'm gonna go drown myself in bourbon to deal with the fact that I'm a colossal retard!
    The funny thing is, is that you think I started the rudeness in this conversation when I was literally just pointing out a flaw in the conversation and you are the one who started the standoffishness. So maybe your last sentence is more fitting than you think.

The funny thing is, is that you think I started the rudeness in this conversation when I was literally just pointing out a flaw in the conversation and you are the one who started the standoffishness. So maybe your last sentence is more fitting than you think.
    What you said was disingenuous nonsense and I consider that level of dishonesty to be quite rude. 2 People discuss A. You claim that I responded to B when I did not within the context of the aforementioned discussion. You play dumb when I state that I'm confused about why you're bringing up B in this context.

So no I would say you were the first one to be rude. As no one in the real world would ever tolerate being spoken to in that way.

What you said was disingenuous nonsense and I consider that level of dishonesty to be quite rude. 2 People discuss A. You claim that I responded to B when I did not within the context of the aforementioned discussion. You play dumb when I state that I'm confused about why you're bringing up B in this context.

So no I would say you were the first one to be rude. As no one in the real world would ever tolerate being spoken to in that way.
    It wasn’t dishonest or rude or irrelevant. I already explained to you one time why I said what I said, if you choose to ignore it that’s on you.

It wasn’t dishonest or rude or irrelevant. I already explained to you one time why I said what I said, if you choose to ignore it that’s on you.
    It was all 3 and more importantly a non-sequitur.

It was all 3 and more importantly a non-sequitur.
    Just because you are trying to use fancy words doesn’t make what you’re saying true my dude lol. I’ll post what I said AGAIN just to try and get it through your thick skull once again.

You mentioned lfr difficulties when responding to a conversation about lfr, I told you how what you said is irrelevant to the conversation, you freaked out and started saying it isn’t relevant. Just because you were also having a separate conversation about normal mode doesn’t make my comments about lfr any less meaningful.

You really need to log off the internet if you get this flustered over literally one post.

Quote Originally Posted by Fathr View Post
    Anyone claiming Naxx is not have not cleared it - see what I did there ? Bad bad bad troll, now climb back into your box and let the adults discuss.
    Ive cleared it in classic already, I also got to kel in vanilla main tanking as a prot paladin. It was not hard. Time consumming does not equate diffuculty. Only reason we never down it in vanilla was we only went in once the week before TBC came out.

- - - Updated - - -

Everyone here is saying Classic is too easy, Classic this, Classic that, meanwhile, I'm wondering why there are:

193,000 Fury Warrior parses on Patchwerk,
    204,000 Fire Mage parses on Patchwerk,
    151,000 Combat Rogue (daggers + swords, both are viable) on Patchwerk,
    82,000 Hunter parses on Patchwerk,
    103,000 Tank Warrior parses (counts Deep Prot and Fury/prot together here) on Pwerk?

Gentlemen...that's....ALOT of people raiding. And this is only the raiders who DO put up logs, it is safe to assume that there are guilds/pugs who DO kill bosses in Naxxramas that are NOT shown on the parses, although, it has to be a decently small % (my guess is at about 20% of logged kills).

Gentlemen. That's half a million people raiding classic Naxx-40 at the minimum. I chose Patchwerk cause he's one of the earliest bosses you can attempt, who does have a decent amount of raid-output thresholds, both in healing and DPS. There are cities in European countries that have LESS population than half a million, like the city of Utrecht in the Netherlands (where I got my M.Sc from) that has a population of 350k.

To all of you who are dead-set in your tracks that Classic is easy and Naxx is a snoozefest, I have the following to say, being 15/15.

If you walk into Naxxramas Classic with 0 preparation, you're dead. Very, very dead. We are MUCH closer to Witchers than normal Adventurers in WoW Classic. For example:

I'm fighting Sapphiron. He's a Frost Wyrm. I need my Frost Resistance gear, of EPIC quality, with materials gathered from the RAID ITSELF, to stand a chance. I'm a caster, so on that fight, I need to prepare by bringing my FrR gear, Frost Protection Potions, Major Mana potions due to the length of the fight, Mageblood Potion and Greater Arcane Elixir to increase my dmg and mana regen, Dark Runes for even more mana regen, Blessed Wizard Oil to oil up my weapon with to even further increase my power, Shadow Protection potion because Sapphiron also does Life-Draining Shadow dmg ON TOP of all his frost damage.

This is some OG Geralt of Rivia preparation going on boys. When FORTY people all do that, and don't mess up the Iceblock mechanic, Sapphiron will go down, no questions asked.

Skip this preparation? Walk in without FrR gear or consumables? Skimp on the Greater Frost Protection Pots? Your battalion of 40 people is dead in 15 seconds flat. Sapphiron will piss on your raid like a 6yr old that sees snow for the first time and pisses on it, and the most important part? NO AMOUNT of personal skill will save you. You can be the best WoW player in the world, challenge Sapphiron without your raid being decked out in epic FrR gear, you're very, very dead.
    Raiding does not have to be difficult to be enjoyed. But claiming classic raiding is difficult. Even naxx which is a step up is laughable.

- - - Updated - - -

Claiming mythic+ is hard and classic raiding is easy in the same sentence. They are both equal in easiness.

Vanilla WoW wasn't "hard" so much as it was a pain in the ass to get 39 other people to show up to a raid, be competent and all that. The raids were fun, but required coordination, but that doesn't mean the content was "hard". It just took planning and sometimes luck that everyone would be online for raid.

Raiding in vanilla was hard.

Raids in vanilla were easy.

See what i did there?

Yes, because 1 MC clear awards you with Hand of Rag, Thunderfury, full T1 and all offset epics, 1 BWL clear gives you Tear, Ash'Kandi and full tier 2, and 1 Naxx clear gives you Ati'esh and full T3.
    If you raid for loot instead of progression like most people then yes I can see a reason to keep doing the content. In Classic progression is like a handful of percent of the raids for an average guild so the fun part is very short lived. In retail your average guild can sometimes progress up until the content is about to be replaced, it's a lot more fun when the content is challenging, assuming that you're just not there for the loot.

[QUOTE=Utrrabbit;52951842]Ive cleared it in classic already, I also got to kel in vanilla main tanking as a prot paladin. It was not hard. Time consumming does not equate diffuculty. Only reason we never down it in vanilla was we only went in once the week before TBC came out.

- - - Updated - - -

I look forward to your youtube video then of you MT'ing Kel as a prot paladin in classic (and NO wotlk aint classic, where a prot paladin could feasibly do it with his eyes closed. Naxx in Wotlk was a total joke, and my guild cleared it first week it came out as did a lot of others).

At the end of the day, anyone who maybe hasnt done Naxx and is entirely unsure which side of the argument is accurate, just search this very forum for the person trying to claim they are the "world first" prot pally tanking 4horseman. Watch the video - the "main tank" dies less than 30% into the fight, players standing around literally doing nothing, running around like chickens with their heads cut off - and guess what? They still downed it.

For those who have done both retail raiding AND classic raiding, the answer is extremely clear. The ones with the highest level of insight are the ones who played in vanilla, played in classic, and play retail - but i suspect there is only a handful of us who are actually stupid enough to have done all that.

The question was is classic TOO easy, and to that my answer remains the same - no, its not TOO easy, it is just very easy - and thats totally fine. It was never marketed as challenging or difficult, and only a minority of delusional fanbois actually ever believed it was going to be challenging.